Crafting dailies for the win! With the launch of Elder Scrolls Online (ESO) patch 1.5, welcome to crafting dailies via craftin writs. In this video and written guide, we’ll show you how to get started doing these fun rewarding dailies. Let’s get started on our ESO Crafting Writs guide.
Crafting Writs Video Guide here
Dailies were severely lacking in Elder Scrolls Online. Well ZOS heard us and answered the call with one of two new dailies in patch 1.5 This guide is to explain the purpose of the writs and to show a quick way to do them.
The purpose is easy to explain: to give players something to do daily. It’s a easy fun way to generate income on a daily basis and it gives you an incentive to have alts or alternate characters. Not to mention it’s a boost to your crafting leveling by completing these so any character can do it.
There’s two phases to these crafting writs. First you need to be certified within each discipline. I have level 32 blacksmithing, clothing, and woodworking on all my characters for the hirelings. This is enough to bypass the introduction quest and get certified. But if you’re not, it’ll take you to an introduction crafting quest explained below.
- In any major town, you’ll see a new board with posted crafting quest. The first step is to simply grab these.
- Next you’ll need to head to your starter area, for Aldmeri Dominion that’s Auridon.
- Here’s where your first choice happens. One of the NPCs is in the Mages guild who certifies for Alchemy, Provisioning, and Enchanting. While the Fighters guild NPC does Blacksmithing, Clothing, and Woodworking. The choice is yours….
- Once you’ve chosen, it’ll unlock options to get crafting certifications for all one or all three of the chosen professions. If you’re high enough level in that crafting profession (Blacksmithing 32+) you’ll have the option to just skip the quest and get the reward (WOOT!) If not continue on to step five.
- This quest will have you complete a set of basic crafting skills in order to unlock phase two.
- Harvest ore (places marker on the map)
- Smelt ore for ingots
- Create a dagger
- Deconstruct the dagger
Not to be to get certified now to phase two which unlocks even more stuff to do!
Now you’ll actually need to bang out a series of items. My items were:
- 2x Iron Helms
- 2x Iron Shoulders
- 5x Iron Daggers
Once that’s done, you’ll need to transport the “War Materiel” to the docks. Here you will see a chest with a quest marker which you deposit the goods. This is where you turn in the quest for a Blacksmithing (or whatever craft) box. These boxes have various rewards, like soul gems, random gear, etc. The coolest part is, there’s a chance to reward a map with a specific location in the area that has high density of deposits. This will spawn like six or so ore deposits for massive deconstruction material (hello Dreugh Wax).
And that’s pretty much it for the ESO Crafting Writs. I’m going to update this guide as I learn more about the system, but so far it’s somewhat simple and rewarding so hopefully this was helpful.