Umbra Nightblade Leveling Build

Welcome to the Umbra Nightblade Leveling Build.  I’ll be releasing more information and build updates in specific order. Levels 1-10, 11-25, 26 to 50 and so on.  Come back to this post to check Umbra’s build progress, gear, skills and more.

UPDATED BUILDS ON THIS PAGE

Table of Contents

1-10 Video Click Here

Level 10 skills

Level 10 skills

Level 11-25 Video Click Here

Stat sheet at level 26

Stat sheet in Cyrodiil at level 26

Skills

Umbra Nightblade Skills Sheet

Bar One | Sword and Shield

• Lotus Fan (morph of Teleport Strike | Assassination Skill Line)
  • Concealed Weapon (morph of Veiled Strike | Shadow Skill Line)
  • Dark Cloak (morph of Shadow Cloak | Shadow Skill Line)
  • Defensive Stance (morph of Defensive Postures | One Hand and Shield Skill Line)
  • Impale (morph of Assassin’s Blade | Assassination Skill Line)
  • Soul Tether (morph of Soul Shred | Siphoning Skill Line)

Bar Two | Restoration Staff

Gear

Umbrea Gear at 25 Umbra Nightblade Level 25 Gear Sheet

Warlock (5 pieces) – Dropped sets found on enemies and can be purchased.

• (2 items) Adds Magicka Recovery
  • (3 items) Adds Max Magicka
  • (4 items) Adds Magicka Recovery
  • (5 items) Magicka Flood: Once per minute, when below 33% Magicka, gain [x] Magicka.

Spectre’s Eye (5 pieces) – Craftable eight trait in southern Coldharbour.

• (2 items) Adds Physical Resistance
  • (3 items) Adds Max Magicka
  • (4 items) Adds Max Health
  • (5 items) Spectre’s Eye: Gain 20% dodge chance for 3 seconds after casting a spell that costs Magicka. This effect can apply once every 6 seconds

Torgus Pact (2 pieces on Sword/Shield bar) – Craftable three trait.

• (2 items) Adds Spell Damage
  • (3 items) Adds Max Health

Consumables

Umbar Nightblade Potions

Potion Recipe – Blue Entoloma, Columbine, and Namira’s Rot

PvP Build (at or around VR1) – Video Link Click Here

Never-Die Nightblade Skills

End Game PvP – Video Link Click Here

Skills

Umbra PvP Skill Bars

Bar One | Sword and Shield

Bar Two | Restoration Staff

• Dark Shade (morph of Summon Shade | Shadow Skill Line)
  • Double Take (morph of  Blur | Assassination Skill Line)
  • Sap Essence (morph of Drain Power | Siphoning Skill Line
  • Healing Ward (morph of Steadfast Ward | Restoration Staff Skill Line)
  • Elusive Mist (morph of Mist Form | World Vampire Skill Line)

Gear

Umbra Nightblade PvP Gear Chart

• Engine Guardian – Drops from Darkshade Cavern (helm) shoulders through Undaunted Pledges.
  • Magnus – Four trait crafted gear set (AD Greenshade Arananga DC Rivenspire Vaewend Ede EP Shadowfen Xal haj-ei Shrine).
  • Adroitness – Found in Crypt of Hearts bosses.
  • Torug’s Pact – Two trait crafted gear set (AD Grahtwood Fisherman’s Isle DC Stormhaven Hammerdeath Workshop EP Deshaan Lake Hlaalu Retreat)
  • Cyrodiil’s Light – 248,000 Alliance Point via AP Elite gear vendor.

Passives

Umbra PvP Passives list

Champion Points

Never Die PvP My Build Picture

• Mundus – Atronach, the Mages is more damage but I couldn’t infinitely cloak without it.
  • Infection – Vampire it will be dropped down to 25% fire damage though you have to worry about Dawnbreaker.  Your choice, but I love it for sneak speed, Undeath and resources regeneration.
  • Attributes – all magicka (22,000 health is all you need even lower if you’re non vampire).
  • Race – 1st Breton 2nd High Elf 3rd Dark Elf

End Game PvE (DPS)

Video Link Click Here

Objective

To create a well balanced, easy to play magicka Nightblade that complete the dungeons and trials, while offering groups a lot of support.

Skills

Umbra PvE Skill Bars

Destruction Staff (Fire)

• Inner Light (morph of Mage light | Mages Guild skill line) – Max magicka more critical, gotta have it.
  • Crippling Grasp (morph of Cripple | Siphoning skill line) – A  strong damage over time effect with low cost and should be maintained while damaging.
  • Merciless Resolve (morph of Grim Focus | Assassination skill line) – 8% damage and a monster proc ability Assassin’s Will.  Make sure you light/medium weave between each attack.
  • Funnel Health (morph of Strife | Siphoning skill line) – Our main source of damage that heals others, yeah it’s good.
  • Impale (morph of Assassin’s Blade | Assassination skill line) – A ranged finisher with low cost, make sure to use around 25% monster/player health.
  • [Ultimate] Shooting Star (morph of Meteor | Mages Guild skill line) – I look using this at range or on a group of mobs for stuns.

Dual Wield (Swords)

• Inner Light (morph of Mage light | Mages Guild skill line) – Same of above.
  • Refreshing Path (morph of Path of Darkness | Shadow skill line) – Movement, heals and damage this is a great ability for PvE in Update 7.
  • Siphoning Attacks (morph of Siphoning Strikes | Siphoning skill line) – This is a great resource management tool but consider it your flex spot.
  • Sap Essence (morph of Drain Power | Siphoning skill line) – AoE and group healing, our main source of area damage that can be spam casted.
  • Reaper’s Mark (morph of Mark Target | Assassination skill line) – Mark the weakest target in a group fight to proc a 25% damage boost after death and monster self healing.
  • [Ultimate] Veil of Blades (morph of Consuming Darkness | Shadow skill line) – Damage reduction, monster damage though you have to be up close to cast.

Important Passives

Umbra PvE PassivesAssassination

• Pressure Points and Hemorrhage is what I focus one which gives you major incentive for slotting at least one Assassination ability.  Note, all of these passives are awesome!

Shadow

• Refreshing Shadow for 15% magicka regeneration.

Siphoning

• Magicka Flood for 8% magicka while having a siphoning ability slotted.

Gear

Umbra PvE Gear Picture Umbra PvE Gear Chart

• Magnus – 4 trait craftable set found Greenshade Arananga, Rivenspire Vaewend Ede and  Shadowfen Xal Haj-ei Shrine.
  • Eyes of Mara – 8 trait craftable set found in the Mages Guild hall after completing the story line, Eyevea. I will replace this with Spell Power Cure once I obtain the five piece.
  • Willpower – Obtained with vault keys (I don’t remember the specific one) in the Districts of Imperial City.  They also drop from last bosses in Veteran dungeons (they do scale to your level).

Champion

Umbra Chmapion Points Picture

The Mage (Blue)

• Ritual – Thaumaturge – most of all our damage comes from here so pump this up early.
  • Appreciate – Elfborn and Spell Erosion do a 50/50% split to get the 12% spell critical buff.

The Thief (Green)

• Tower – Magician and Lover – Arcanist, I do a 60/40% split since I’m a Breton race.

The Warrior (Red)

• The Lady – Hardy and Elemental 50/50% and I spec 100% depending on certain dungeons (Veteran City of Ash all Elemental, Imperial Prison all Hardy, etc).

Misc

• Race – 1) High Elf for pure damage 2) Breton for balance 3) Imperial if you plan on switching between stamina/magicka builds.
  • Werewolf or Vampire – I don’t use either in this patch though my video shows Werewolf, I just keep it for biting guildies.
  • Attributes – All magicka after you reach the 20,000 health mark at VR16.  If not, use glyphs, jewelry and sets to get more health.
  • Mundus Stone – The Mage if you want to reach 50,000 magicka, The Appreciate if you want balance, and Atronach if you struggle with resources.
  • Food and Drink – Bi stat (health/magicka) VR15 food.

Maelstrom Arena NB

“This written information is merely a reference point, if you want to know in depth information about the build, please watch the video below.”

Skills

Umbra Maelstrom Skills

Bar One – Damage

• Inner Light (morph of Mage’s Light | Mages Guild skill line) – Spell critical and more, keep it double bared.
  • Crippling Grasp (morph of Cripple | Siphoning skill line) – Used for Speed boost and Damage over Time (DoT).
  • Sap Essence (morph of Drain Power | Siphoning skill line) – AoE damage and major sorcerer or spell damage buff.
  • Swallow Soul (morph of Strife | Siphoning skill line) – Our single target damage spammable ability, plus great self healing.
  • Impale (morph of Assasin’s blade | Assassination skill line) – Execute that hits for over 30,000 damage below 25% health.
  • [Ultimate] Shooting Star (morph of Meteor | Mages guild skill line) – Powerful AoE damage that stuns mobs and gives back ultimate.

Bar Two – Buffs and Shields

• Siphoning Attacks (morph of Siphoning Strikes | Siphoning skill lines) – Our resources management tool that allows us to go all out damage due to it’s strengths.
  • Merciless Resolve (morph of Grim Focus | Assassination skill line) – A major source of damage (8%) with a proc that hits well over 30,000 giving us major burst when needed.
  • Harness Magicka (morph of Annulment | Mages Guild skill line) – A ward or shield that works well against elemental damage in the later stages
    • Sometimes I swap this out for Double Take during heavy physical damage rounds like 7 with many archers.
  • Healing Ward (morph of Steadfast Ward | Restoration Staff skill line) – The mother of all wards saves us while we can apply more damage via Swallow Souls.
  • [Ultimate] Veil of Blades (morph of Consuming Darkness | Shadow skill line) – A massive amount of AoE damage and reduction in damage gives this a useful application in heavy damage rounds.

Gear

Maelstrom Nightblade Gear ChartMaelstrom nightblade Gear images

Champion Points

Maelstrom Nightblade Champion Point Layout

1. Jason Posh on April 10, 2015 at 9:52 pm

Does elemental blockade dot stack? Since you can put up more than one at a time?

• Matt on April 10, 2015 at 10:35 pm

I don’t think you can put up more than one anymore.

• Skullemainia on April 11, 2015 at 12:03 pm

you can

• Skullemainia on April 11, 2015 at 12:05 pm

well, now I think about it, you could do it before. but I don’t know if it changes with update 1.6 or 2.0 😉

• Jason Posh on April 11, 2015 at 2:52 pm

Delia does in the video lol. If it stacks that’s be an OP dot!!

• Deltia on April 13, 2015 at 7:28 pm

I honestly don’t know.

• lee on May 30, 2015 at 2:35 am

Last I checked you could put up more than one, and they can overlap in area, but only one will affect a mob at a time.

However, the explosive morph, the explosion “stacks”, in the sense that if you overlap them, both explosions will hit, one after the other.

• Vonhayderschatt on February 27, 2016 at 7:58 pm

I only have a khajiit nightblade at end game. Do you think it would be worth switching to a magicka or would leaving it stamina be more efficient

2. Sungod on April 11, 2015 at 2:48 am

What is your pvp bar loadout?

• Deltia on April 13, 2015 at 7:32 pm

The same in the 25 skills.

• Clinton Potts on April 5, 2016 at 12:43 pm

Which two mundus stones do you use with twice born star?

• Deltia on April 7, 2016 at 2:46 pm

It’s posted in the guide, Shadow Thief.

3. Getx GOODNIGHT on April 12, 2015 at 4:34 am

Hey love the build do you have any tips for a vampire nightblade pvp build

• Deltia on April 13, 2015 at 7:36 pm

Avoid fire 🙂 use fire resist on jewelry that’s about it.

4. Tosher on April 12, 2015 at 10:01 pm

Where did you found the Vestment of the Warlock jewelry with spell cost reduction? I play on the EU(German) Server and there I only found from Enviroment or on the market this set with Magicka recovery.

• Tosher on April 12, 2015 at 10:10 pm

Ignore my comment. I found out that it is possible to enchant the jewelry of the Warlock set. I could swear that I have tried it earlier with another set or found (green or blue) jewelry and that won’t work.
      Never mind!
      I like your videos and builds.

• Deltia on April 13, 2015 at 7:37 pm

I re-enchanted it.

5. Bronlo on April 13, 2015 at 2:02 am

How’s Khajit for a magicka nightblade?

• Deltia on April 13, 2015 at 7:38 pm

Terrible, that’s why I’m using a Breton.

• GeraltOfRiviaGDL on December 2, 2015 at 6:02 pm

Hey Deltia, it’s not that true that Khajiit is terrible with magicka build. Since I can’t reroll a new char, I always used my NB Khajiit, and results are very good. Maybe I won’t fine tune my numbers as you do with the Breton, but with 300 CP or more, and a accurate well studied rotation, the magicka build is really worthwhile also with a Khajiit. 😉

• Deltia on December 3, 2015 at 2:49 pm

Yes Khajiit’s have zero benefit to magicka build.

• Dori on March 28, 2016 at 1:49 pm

Didnt you say highelf as a magicka NB?

6. Mentadoll on April 14, 2015 at 7:07 am

Which is more effective to play a magicka nightblade or stamina? I want to start a nightblade but cant decide what race I should take. Which is faster and easier to level with?

• Deltia on April 14, 2015 at 7:17 pm

Well leveling I think magicka is much easier for self healing. At end game, stamina probably will win out due to nirnhon end game mitigation.

7. Valentin on April 14, 2015 at 8:14 am

Hi, I like this build and I use something similar, with resto staff i start with Mark Target then Funnel Health and Degeneration (morph for Entropy), and spamming heavy attack, so I gain magicka regen and health. Can you help me to complete my bar? I think about Cloak or some fast finisher preferably stamina ability.

8. Faz on April 14, 2015 at 10:48 pm

Hey Deltia!

I just purchased ESO recently and noticed your awesome site on builds. I’m wanting to try out Nightblade, but I’m curious if the leveling build you have posted here will work just as well for PVE? I wasn’t sure if you would recommend different weapons for PVE leveling, or if this setup will just wreck everything regardless. 🙂

• Deltia on April 15, 2015 at 11:41 am

The level 1-10 is suppose to be for pve leveling.

9. Teklife on April 15, 2015 at 11:14 am

how the hell did you get you mages guild to 7 at level 26? that’s insane

• Deltia on April 15, 2015 at 12:55 pm

Cyrodiil…..get every lore book there.

• Teklife on April 16, 2015 at 2:09 am

cheers man

• Bob on December 1, 2015 at 1:42 am

just getting to rank two is so boring but I’m trying this build so I gotta do it

10. Vindelator on April 17, 2015 at 6:40 pm

Can crippling grasp’s DoT affect more than one target at a time?

This question has been plaguing me forever.

11. Rass on April 19, 2015 at 5:44 pm

I am confused so from lvl 1-10 go destruction staff and then 11-25 switch to restro staff and sword and shield? Do I put all my points into Majicka and nothing in to the stam/health? Also when is it best to switch over at lvl 11 or say like 15?
    Thx

• Deltia on April 20, 2015 at 12:17 pm

You can whatever you like, but yes I switch. I put them into magicka the entire time.

12. None on April 19, 2015 at 9:56 pm

what glyphs do you use on the sword and shield and when can we expect the 26 to 50 part?

13. Andrea on April 20, 2015 at 2:21 am

I reinforce the previous question. Looking foward for th 26-50 part!

14. Hedgehowg on April 20, 2015 at 1:38 pm

Deltia I was wondering something. I’m following your build and I honestly love it though I was curious if I should become a Vampire or a Werewolf. I made a Khajit and I’m currently level 27.

15. None on April 21, 2015 at 5:40 am

would the vampire skills/passives be beneficial to the build or not?

• Deltia on April 21, 2015 at 10:25 pm

WW yes

• None on April 22, 2015 at 1:02 am

So I already became a vampire, so should I get rid of it and become a werewolf

16. Kent on April 21, 2015 at 7:12 pm

Deltia, have you determined if WW helps stamina regen out of WW form? I was just wondering if there is a disadvantage to going WW.

• Deltia on April 21, 2015 at 10:28 pm

Yes it works.

17. Doug Johnson on April 21, 2015 at 8:13 pm

Hey Kent,

The Lycanthropy passive on your Character screen says that it gives 15% stamina regeneration in combat when NOT in WW form. The susceptibility to poison is ONLY when in WW form, so there is no downside other than vulnerability to Fighter’s Guild anti-undead abilities in PvP for people that have the passive that lets them affect WWs.

18. Shlag on April 22, 2015 at 12:17 am

Does a 1H/s + destroy staff build is viable ? from lvl 1 to v14

19. Ceephlatt on April 22, 2015 at 9:23 pm

Thanks for the videos… they are very helpful in creating builds… but dude… pronunciation is KEY… “motif” is pronounced “mo-TEEF” not “MO-tiff…” “RefuJEEs” are people… “refuj’s” are places….

• Ceephlatt on April 27, 2015 at 4:41 pm

I guess “ref-yoojes” is more phonetically correct…

20. MisaKGO on April 23, 2015 at 10:30 am

Ok, I’m new, and terrible, and looking for a UI addon that has the same SBT as yours, it reminds me of Mik’s Scrolling Battle Text from WoW, thus I’m interested.

Also, thanks for the guide, I’m playing Wood Elf, I hope it’s not the worst pick for this kind of playstyle 🙁

• Akami on April 24, 2015 at 3:57 pm

Combat Cloud is the addon you’re looking for.

Wood elf isn’t the best race for a caster build, but unless your a min/maxer you can get along regardless.

• MisaKGO on April 25, 2015 at 5:56 am

I do know that Wood Elves are better suited to a melee or bowman style, but I’m so partial to the Race :\

• MisaKGO on April 25, 2015 at 6:11 am

Also, while I realise that races bring certain awesome traits to the mix, why would a Wood Elf be such a horrible choice? Since it works along stealth and stamina regen, one of the passives in the build focuses on stamina regen as it is, why could I not take the race stamina passive (Y’ffre’s Endurance).

Thus far I’m not reaching any problem from opting to spec into everything here while playing the race, if I could get some TC behind it that would be awesome. I’m not against changing races for a better PVP class (coming from WoW, I kind of expect to change my races as more information becomes open to me).

• MisaKGO on April 25, 2015 at 6:51 am

Also, another inane question: What’s the unit frames addon? I much prefer it to the FTC bars (which I’m currently using for both my battle text and standard unit frames setup). Thanks

21. Akami on April 24, 2015 at 4:23 am

Would this playstyle work the same for a stamina build? Something like the build linked below? I’m just worried that it would drain your mana way too fast using Dark cloak as often as would be needed. Thus that kind of sneaky playstyle wouldn’t really work.

• Akami on April 24, 2015 at 4:25 am

Almost all of the skills in that build work off stamina (eso head hasn’t updated it’s tooltips yet) The only things that take mag would be dark cloak, siphon, and ward.

The two empty slots would be my flex spots.

22. Ozryc on April 24, 2015 at 4:54 pm

Curious – how the stamina build and this magicka build compare in pvp prowess? Deltias, do you find one to be more effective?

• Akami on April 24, 2015 at 7:34 pm

He plays the NB as more of a healing, tanky, battle leader.

The stamina build is more of an single target assassin with very little support.

I geared out my NB and tried to make a stamina based NB that could play in the umbra playstyle… it didn’t work well. Even using 85% of the abilities that fueled off stamina, you still ran out of mana way too fast using cloak. (could only use cloak like 1-2 times every 12ish seconds)

If you watch his video, he’s using cloak like 4-6 times in a row to get into position etc. On top of that you can’t heal like he does with a stamina build either.

All of that aside… if you do want to play a stamina build, the following link provides a very tanky assassin build. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgQ7GDYDxc8

23. Souldrinker on April 25, 2015 at 9:28 am

Hi Deltia
    I am returning to the game after a long time away my heart is with NB i will be focusing mostly on pve solo and group play. What i want to know will this build perform as well in pve as it does in pvp or is there another build you would recommend.

• Deltia on April 27, 2015 at 12:01 pm

It’s for PvE, I have another build Blade Runner that is magicka DPS built for PvE end game.

• kyle on July 29, 2015 at 9:43 pm

What enchant do u put on the destro and is it possible to run destro/retro instead of switching to s&b

24. Ceephlatt on April 27, 2015 at 4:37 pm

Oh, legerdemain is “LAYjeerda-MAN” literally “light handed.” Probably from the french; not whatever the hell you said. You’re welcome for helping you not sound dumb…

25. Meth on April 27, 2015 at 5:52 pm

Just curious, any plans to post a nightblade tank leveling build? Or can this be converted to one? The gameplay of the NB + my desire to tank seem to match one another and I’m thinking about trying it out…

• Deltia on April 28, 2015 at 9:21 pm

Maybe though I prefer tanking on my Dragonknight much more.

26. Jason on April 28, 2015 at 10:00 pm

wtf is this shit, what happened to the one hit willy build? which build is better?

• Deltia on April 29, 2015 at 8:04 pm

One is magicka, one is stamina Specter is the updated One-Shot-Willy build.

27. Downface on April 30, 2015 at 1:46 pm

First of all i really like your builds.They are both teachful and fun.
    im a newbie at the game so i have several question
    1)Do you still play this character_
    2)Will you do another video for 25 to vr
    3)Are you still using the sword and shield?i think i saw a video that u were using 2 staves.if so what is the new skill build how is that effect the gameplay.
    4)As a newbie can i use the same appeals that u show on the video?i mean can i craft them with 20ish lvl character?

• Deltia on May 4, 2015 at 12:46 pm

Not recently but yeah I will level to VR 14.
      I’ll do a PvE build at around VR5
      No, I went double staff (resto/destro)
      The same appeals? I don’t understand that question but yes the gear can be crafted at any level.

• Downface on May 4, 2015 at 10:48 pm

i mean im kinda new in game so i dont have enough traits to do set items andi dont have any friends to do for me can you suggest another appeals which drops from mobs.

• Deltia on May 5, 2015 at 2:33 am

There’s Prisoners gear which is light and ignores sneak penalty and that can be obtained at low level. Warlock is a drop set, even Adroitness.

• Rub My Crit on May 10, 2015 at 5:26 pm

out of umbra and spectre which would you personally recommend for a mix of pvp/pve right now?

• Deltia on May 11, 2015 at 1:22 pm

Specter at the current stage. I just love my stamina Nightblade in PvP but magicka I do can some freaky things.

28. Faralyth on May 13, 2015 at 9:20 pm

Hey Deltia i really enjoy this build ive enjoyed mixing it up a bit with my nightblade but im more of a solo player and with pvp i lean more toward solo 1v1 so i was wondering if you had any advice on how i could tweak this build to be more of a 1v1 solo build rather then a group AOE? Thank you and keep up the good work.

• Deltia on May 15, 2015 at 6:55 pm

Go for burst single target abilities.

29. flamuerte on May 15, 2015 at 12:16 pm

Deltia, firstly, thanks for the inspiring job. I would like to ask you if you ever consider a viable magicka build for pve with NB. i love PVE and my NB just got vr14. testing gear etc, i’m still young, but (for singletarget prospective, i feel aoe’s not a problem) dps pretty sucks. i run on bar1 inner light / merciless resolve / struct entropy/ cripple / funnel. ultimate ice comet. i can achive (with crappy gear) around 9k dps animation canceling wise. and a nice 4k hps. sadly i feel that it’s not enough. if i focus more on magicka regen gear (instead of spellpower as i am doing now) and maybe a bigger mana pool, would it be viable to replace FA with concealed weapon? i want to do more damage with magicka! please help me or consider using umbra for a pve magicka nightblade video if u have time. hugs and ty again.

• Deltia on May 15, 2015 at 6:57 pm

My Umbra will be that in the future.

30. BluePineapple on May 16, 2015 at 7:50 am

How should I spend my champ points?

• Deltia on May 18, 2015 at 12:44 pm

I’ll show you that when I hit VR1. It’s somewhat complex. Very similar to Shredder.

31. Kevin Smith on May 21, 2015 at 4:11 pm

Hey Deltia. I have a few questions. In this build (or any others that you have done) do you apply any of your skill points to crafting or do you acquire gear through other methods? Trying out this build but I find myself putting points in crafting to use along the way and I am not sure if it is messing up my progress. Also, can this build be effective in dungeons and general PVE? I have been looking for a darker themed night blade to try and this is it! Love the build- keep up the good work!

32. steve on May 22, 2015 at 4:30 pm

why did u pick this race can I use any race or would u recommend a different race like impearl or cat race

• Deltia on May 23, 2015 at 8:25 pm

Because it’s passives go well with magicka.

33. D on May 23, 2015 at 6:52 am

Hey Deltia,

I’m in favor of using the 1hb / resto staff but I just saw your newest video and you had changed to destro / resto so for my questions;

Is 1hb / resto a viable option for pve and pvp, mostly pvp?
    Best regards

• Deltia on May 23, 2015 at 8:27 pm

PvP

• D on May 23, 2015 at 9:12 pm

Even at VR14?
        I’m a new player, made a similar build like your umbra I’m only level 25 so far but at later stages I want to pvp using 1hb and resto or similar or am I forced to use destro staff?

And for Pve purposes you recommend destro staff or something else?
        And for pvp later like vr1-vr14 umbra build?

Best regards!

• lee on May 30, 2015 at 2:45 am

1h is really only needed for PvP.
          I can’t imagine that you’d be playing turtle if you are DPS PvE.

At that point, you can technically use resto for DPS PvE, nothing’s stopping you. But you’ll get more AoE mileage out of destro.

34. Someone on May 27, 2015 at 4:40 pm

So I’m trying to do a build with a dark elf,(Took some ideas from this build) Looking forward to dealing lots of damage with a staff than being able to assinate people quickly and run away.So I’m kinda new to making builds so feel free to critasize me and tell what I should do.

35. JTtheboss on May 27, 2015 at 4:42 pm

I’m trying to make a build for damage with a staff and assasinate people.Fell free to critasaze me and tell me what I did wronfg and what I should do

36. JTtheboss on May 27, 2015 at 4:43 pm

Forget the last comment thought the other one wasn’t saVED

37. John on June 3, 2015 at 1:14 pm

Would love to see a leveling guide/build without the Destro stuff…

38. Tyler on June 21, 2015 at 11:32 pm

Love the guide. Been trying to follow it but am confused where to invest passives. Would be awesome if u could make a list of the Passive points u spent

• Deltia on June 22, 2015 at 7:28 pm

I’ll update all the builds with passives soon.

39. Hughesain on June 22, 2015 at 12:47 pm

Do you have a VR1 pve build you can post?

• Deltia on June 22, 2015 at 7:41 pm

I just used my earlier skills until I reach Vr1.

40. Hughesain on June 23, 2015 at 3:28 am

Yeah that’s what I’ve been going off of. I was meaning afterwards.

41. Hughesain on June 23, 2015 at 3:30 am

I’ll just wait til u update. Thx for the good work.

42. isco23 on June 23, 2015 at 10:55 am

hi Deltia, can this build be used for pve/dungeons ?

• Deltia on June 23, 2015 at 6:41 pm

Yes, I have an end game pve/pvp build.

43. Sundiee on June 23, 2015 at 6:53 pm

Full light makes me so squishy and i get 2 shot by pretty much everything, would it hurt to add 2 pieces of heavy?

• Deltia on June 24, 2015 at 5:25 pm

Might help, I don’t have problems with it but I have a ton of champion points.

44. Commander Duff on June 23, 2015 at 8:28 pm

Hi D!
    First of all, thanks for all the amazing guides you share with us.
    I want to start playing TESO on console. I am searching for a multifunctional build, that is fun to play in PvE and PvP, grouping and solo. I don’t care that much when it isn’t specialized for end game content.
    Would you prefere the Specter build or Umbra? Or an other one? (it don’t have to be a NightBlade)

• Deltia on June 24, 2015 at 5:26 pm

Umbra has more group utility through sap essence and funnel health but Specter will do more damage.

45. D on June 24, 2015 at 5:28 pm

Why doesn’t the melee magicka build work in pvp anymore?

46. bs on June 28, 2015 at 6:06 pm

This build would seem to work without a0e-focus. Similarly to the nb vamp you posted elsewhere. Except not using vamp cloak but the class stealth instead… heal heal heal close gap combo gtfo. How. Do you get 30k hits and have no points in hits?

• Deltia on June 29, 2015 at 12:04 pm

30k hits? No and points into what?

47. bs on June 30, 2015 at 6:54 am

Lvl 26 char reads 30k hp. All points in mag

• Hughesain on June 30, 2015 at 3:25 pm

He’s got hella champion points.

48. Lovefist on July 1, 2015 at 10:44 pm

How is your lvl 20 accesory purple? I cant figure out how to improve accessories.

• Deltia on July 2, 2015 at 3:45 pm

You can’t its just drops.

49. Dominationis on July 4, 2015 at 11:40 am

Hey Deltia, I play almost exclusively PvE but I’m conflicted about which build to use. Between The Spectre and The Umbra build which would be better suited for solo PvE with some grouping on the side?

• Deltia on July 6, 2015 at 12:34 pm

Depends on your race for magicka/stamina.

• Dominationis on July 7, 2015 at 8:40 am

Hey Deltia, the race of my Nightblade, which is still level 1 as I haven’t leveled it yet (was a little busy), is an Imperial. I’m assuming the Spectre would be better then, because of the 10% increase in max stamina?

50. jerkerja on July 5, 2015 at 12:02 am

Great videos as always,
    i’m currently a VR2 nightblade stamina based character, and i am thinking of respecing and going with this build, if you have tried it in VR PvE how does it hold up and if you have not yet tried it their, what do you think? in group dungeons and soloing etc…

• Deltia on July 6, 2015 at 12:22 pm

Good which I’ve show videos in PvE group play.

51. BLG Rager87 on July 5, 2015 at 6:55 pm

What are some good places to start using my champion points? Pretty new to the higher content stuff, and any help would be appreciated. Love the build!

52. BLG Rager87 on July 5, 2015 at 11:08 pm

What are the best areas to start putting champ points with this build?

53. CherriCake on July 6, 2015 at 2:47 pm

Hey Deltia!
    I’m pretty new to this game and currently a Khajiit Nightblade and looking for a nice build. Since I’m still level 12 and thus still leveling, I was wondering if this build would be good for me or if the Specter one would be better? This build seems to use more magicka and I feel like a khajiit is more stamina based.. but I’m not sure.
    Any suggestions?

• Deltia on July 8, 2015 at 7:17 pm

Stick with stamina or reroll Breton.

54. bs on July 8, 2015 at 2:37 am

I’d be interested in seeing a shot of the stat sheet of v1 or whatever version is newest. Since you post gear and food /pot usages it might give a good idea of the dynamic between items and stats/race . I’m playing a Breton nb myself and I fear for her life daily.

• Deltia on July 8, 2015 at 7:27 pm

Don’t my latest version is extremely powerful.

55. bs on July 8, 2015 at 9:47 pm

I am skeptical of the destro staff use. I dont like to depend on pots to keep in action. Been using 2h or weapon/shield and not dying unless I turn stupid. Def stance actually ended a couple of fights in cyrodiil. That stun is difficult to pass up.

56. Hughesain on July 10, 2015 at 4:44 pm

Would you consider going Vamp once update 7 is live?

57. sasukekuragari on July 12, 2015 at 5:42 pm

hey deltias new eso player here wondering if it was possible to swap the weapons from sword and shield to dual wield and from a staff to a bow just wondering if its still viable thanks

• Deltia on July 13, 2015 at 11:37 pm

No, this is meant for magicka, while Specter is for stamina.

58. Hughesain on July 13, 2015 at 8:30 pm

Nvm u answered my question with ur new video.

59. Shifty on July 13, 2015 at 11:05 pm

Thanks for all this info! Been watching most of ur vids since playing on the xb1 version, i’m finding this umbra nb fun and awesome!

60. Drudge on July 14, 2015 at 12:29 pm

Could you provide a brief explanation why your Briton “Umbra” Nightblade will be superior to lets say a Bosmer “Specter” Nightblade once release 7 releases?

61. madhat42 on July 14, 2015 at 2:17 pm

I followed your 1-10 guide and am moving on to this one. Did you respec once you hit 11? Thanks..

• Deltia on July 15, 2015 at 6:42 pm

Generally yes to free up skill points.

62. Dohmafi on July 14, 2015 at 3:36 pm

Hi Deltia, I just finished my first TESO Character on PS4. I play a Nightblade Woodelf based on stamina and your Specter Build. When will the next patch come and bring the changes to NB based on Magica? Also, will Stamina based NB still be really great, or should I swap to Magica based? Is this even possible to set all attributes and Skillpoints againg?

63. Stalhrim on July 14, 2015 at 5:45 pm

Hey Deltia,

Love the videos man! Do you think an Argonian would work well with this build?

64. Bountykiller on July 14, 2015 at 8:26 pm

Hi, i really appreciate all job are u doing to help us, thanks! I have a couple of question… I have a stamina nb and i’d like to respec to your umbra nb for the next patch, but my race is bosmer, any suggestion?
    The other question, why are u using dual wield instead of destruction staff for the umbra nb? Don’ t u think an haevy attack from fire destruction staff is op?
    Thanks and sorry for my bad english.

• Deltia on July 15, 2015 at 6:44 pm

My race suggestions are in the video/guide and heavy attacks are OP? No idea about that.

65. Sixguns on July 14, 2015 at 10:16 pm

Deltia, in your latest video for end game PVP you mention going dual wield for the added spell power, but in the skill description underneath it says sword and shield. Did you go back to sword and shield again?

• Deltia on July 15, 2015 at 6:44 pm

Nope, still DW.

66. Drift on July 15, 2015 at 4:28 pm

Really like this week’s build and it’s working for me. Beau coup damage!

I don’t like AoE on the Resto Staff bar. Seems like it should be on the dual wield with the other close proximity stuff.

The text doesn’t match the build. For example your Dual Wield bar is titled Sword & Shield.

67. havok on July 16, 2015 at 3:03 am

hey deltia, now i understand im at a loss already being a wood elf if i was to try do this build, although im not a min max type player, would i still be viable as a wood elf playing this class, im level 45 currently otherwise i would of re rolled in a heartbeat. thanks

• Deltia on July 17, 2015 at 6:59 pm

I’d probably reroll a Breton honestly.

68. Hughesain on July 16, 2015 at 5:19 pm

Hey Deltia I just hit VR1 and am wanting to get 2 armor sets crafted. What 2 armor sets would you recommend for PVE? A 5 piece and 4 piece. Until I can get my hands on Warlock gear.

69. Shifty on July 17, 2015 at 10:59 pm

I’m really curious as to what food recipe you are using on your unbra build (All primary stat. Increase!) My provision is 50 but i still have yet to find THAT recipe…

70. iRogue32 on July 20, 2015 at 3:56 am

Is this build viable as an imperial or will it be far less effective than a breton or high elf?

• Deltia on July 21, 2015 at 6:54 pm

It will be less effective but not drastically.

71. […] Source: Umbra Nightblade Leveling Build […]

72. iRogue32 on July 21, 2015 at 3:52 am

Hey Deltia. I decided to make and imperial nightblade because I wanted to be able to switch between magicka and stamina builds. Since Imperials don’t have magicka bonuses at end game will my magicka dps be significantly lower than a breton or high elf nightblade?

• Deltia on July 21, 2015 at 6:47 pm

Yes like I say in the video.

73. Floriel on July 21, 2015 at 10:27 pm

Really looking forward to the PvE dps build. Do u think a magicka nb is able to do some serious dps? I’m not minmaxed on gear(only epic,120CP, no skoria yet and healer instead of Cyro rings+adroit and bosmer(n1 in PvP but not PvE 🙁 )) and probably could get 1 more dps through better rotation, but my dps sucks. On Skoria I’m always around 9k and on the fire maw(2nd boss vCoA) i hit e.g 13k dps. Do u think that mag. nb are able to get compareable dps as dks temps or sorcs like 20-25k dps on normal bosses (with 2mil HP) fights or should i better concentrate in tanking on my magicka nb, what sets would u run as tank and skills. Looking forward to ur reply:).

• Deltia on July 22, 2015 at 9:41 pm

Yes they are comparable though hard to play.

74. Lakene on July 21, 2015 at 11:47 pm

Do you respec your skills at level 10 and level 25 for each new stage of this build?

75. Guarislove-Guarislife on July 22, 2015 at 8:21 pm

Never wanted to play a magicka nightblade before seeing this so thank you. But i have 2 questions.

1) in your video you keep switching between dual wield, one hand shield and destro staff for your primary bar, which do you recommend for end game and why?

2) why do you go 5 light with 1 medium 1 heavy, is it simply for the undaunted passive or another reason?

Great build and thanks in advance.

• Deltia on July 22, 2015 at 9:46 pm

Depends on a great many factors…am I leading a team? Do we need more DPS? Am I playing burst solo? All these things determine my gear loadout including skills.

Undaunted.

76. Warlord on July 23, 2015 at 6:44 am

Hi! If I play an orc how much will it change the effectivenes of the build?

77. FLoriel on July 23, 2015 at 12:18 pm

When will u release the PvE magicka dps build. And u really are able to hit the 20k with it.

78. Stefan on July 24, 2015 at 8:23 am

What’s the addon used for the character sheet, that also shows gear and champion points?

79. Berchn on July 27, 2015 at 9:00 am

You used 4 types of weapons and it skill lines through out leveling. Would it takes a lots of time to leveling different skills? Why dont we just do DW and restore at the start of the character?

80. Logan on July 27, 2015 at 10:23 pm

Is there anything worthwhile I could swap def stance with?

81. Myridden on July 28, 2015 at 7:59 pm

@Stefan That addon is called My Build – http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1114-MyBuild.html

• Stefan on August 6, 2015 at 4:17 pm

Thank you very much!

82. SortaRican619 on July 28, 2015 at 8:21 pm

Deltia,
    Read through the comments and couldn’t find an answer, but apologies if this has been asked already..

1. What is the benefit of using a destruction staff on levels 1-11? That’s like 2-3 hrs of gameplay. What the cons of starting sword and shield from the beginning?

2. what are your thoughts on never going sword and shield and sticking with destro staff?

3. If stealth is a big part of this build, would you add a few pieces of medium armor or say that a Khajit would make a good umbra as well?

83. Jason on July 29, 2015 at 3:34 am

Well crap, i was following your previous specter build now i have to respec , but I’m a wood elf does this really matter? i don’t want to start a new character…

84. ThizziannaJones on July 29, 2015 at 3:38 pm

Is High Elf going to be the best race for this with update 7?.

• Deltia on July 29, 2015 at 10:38 pm

• ThizziannaJones on July 30, 2015 at 5:57 am

Fu**, just got my Breton to VR4.

• SortaRican619 on August 17, 2015 at 3:01 am

I’ve read through the update and it’s not immediately clear to me. What in the update will make High Elf better than Breton?

85. amoxomo on July 29, 2015 at 5:38 pm

Why did you place talents in all the dual wield passives? you dont use a single dual wield ability, this obviously excludes ruffian that ability is a given….

86. kyle on July 29, 2015 at 5:39 pm

I’ve been watching ur build and I have to say I really like this build and I want to do something similar but I was wanting to know if this build can be used for pure pve/dungeon and what is ur rotation with destro

87. Butcher on July 30, 2015 at 6:33 pm

Could you swap defensive stance with a different ability for more dps? If so, what would you recommend?

88. Niowen on July 30, 2015 at 10:15 pm

Hi

is this build still up to date? using correct weapons etc or will it change in the next patch?

thanks

89. kyle on August 2, 2015 at 1:34 pm

I have changed a few things with this build instead of full magicka I went 80/20 with health/magicka with mixtures of magicka and crit bonuses on gear and weaponry I also choose duel weild/restro in my experience this dose way better dps

90. Molag-Nightscale on August 3, 2015 at 2:11 am

I really like this build especially the always being invisible part of it, but I’m also really in love with my stamina night blade. so I was wondering, does anyone know what the minimum amount of magica and magica recovery I’d need in order to stay invisible forever ( assuming I put 100 champion points into reduce magica cost)

91. MrT on August 3, 2015 at 9:12 pm

Can you elaborate on the reasoning for going dual wield on the first bar vs. Destro staff? Is it mainly for an extra set-piece bonus and nirnhoned trait to boost spell power? Or for another reason/passive that I am missing? I am assuming most DW abilities would scale off stamina and not be very effective on a magicka build?

• Deltia on August 3, 2015 at 11:56 pm

More spell power with Dual Wield.

92. Guar.com on August 4, 2015 at 2:24 am

Just wanted to let you know so you can correct it. In your endgame pvp section, the description not the video. Your bar 2 has no ultimate and the morph of summon shade is dark shade, which i believe is the wrong morph

93. Stonebridge on August 4, 2015 at 9:44 am

Hi

Where do you get pvp gear from at level 50 plus? Is it from alliance points or do I need to level crafting to make it?

Thanks

• Deltia on August 5, 2015 at 5:48 pm

Same place, AP.

• Stonebridge on August 5, 2015 at 6:43 pm

Do I still need to level crafting or can I just purely wear alliance point gear?

94. Trent on August 4, 2015 at 7:00 pm

I am having a blast playing this build. It’s a lot of fun. Thanks for sharing all the detail. I really enjoy the stealth / magic style of playing. Anything else that you can share on end game PVE DPS builds would be great. Thanks again, Deltia!

95. Rio_storm on August 6, 2015 at 6:07 am

Are you going to make a pve build after update 7?

• Deltia on August 6, 2015 at 1:31 pm

• steve on August 16, 2015 at 8:02 pm

Deltia,
        I noticed you use the Breton race to play your end game Umbra build and you mention how fast you regenerate magicka when cloaking ect. Would you still barely be using magicka and regenerating it that quickly if you were the Bosmer race instead of Breton?

If you can maintain permanent cloak with the Bosmer race and barely use any magicka, wouldn’t Bosmer be the superior race to use for the Umbra build?

• Deltia on August 16, 2015 at 10:42 pm

If you have a ton of CP maybe, but remember max magicka dictates how hard you hit.

96. Ghoqk on August 15, 2015 at 1:55 pm

Keep updating this build Deltia. I am just trying to keep the DStaff instead of DW because of groups comps. Loving this crazy bastard build. Good work man!!

97. Zark on August 15, 2015 at 5:21 pm

Deltia,
    So flavor of nightblade do you like better: umbra or specter?

98. Zark on August 16, 2015 at 4:22 am

Which do you find more fun, the specter build or the umbra build.

99. Zark on August 16, 2015 at 4:39 am

Sorry for the double post. When I came back to look, the original post wasn’t showing.

100. Chad on August 19, 2015 at 12:16 pm

Hey man, always love your stuff. I’m thinking of trying this but not sure if I should do it with my soon to be V1 Imperial Stam Nightblade (Level 49) or roll a specific Magika Breton Nightblade. What do you think?

101. Angel on August 20, 2015 at 2:46 am

I am a rank 9 I been getting my ass kick from low lvl from rank1 to 5 I been trying all the different classes u have from nightblade some how I been getting my ass kick all the time I am a high elf/night blade I need help?

102. Josh on August 20, 2015 at 7:04 pm

Hey Deltia, if I want to pvp in end game with dw, should I level my character like you did or use dw and restro from the start?

• Deltia on August 21, 2015 at 3:01 pm

Sure, use steel tornado

103. Josh on August 21, 2015 at 12:05 am

Should I level up the way you did or level up with dw and restro if those are the weapons i wanna use in end game?

104. Dylan on August 22, 2015 at 1:04 pm

First I must say I really enjoy this build. However, I mainly used this as a guideline and went a few different ways. For one I made a bosmer and I am also doing dual wielding and bow. My question for you is because I am not planning on becoming a vampire or werewolf, what would be good alternatives for bar 2? I been keeping refreshing path up. what do you suggest? also what do you think of the seducer crafting set? i felt it was a good alternative since i didnt have all my traits yet. thanks for feedback if you get to it 🙂

• Deltia on August 22, 2015 at 9:09 pm

Which build version?

105. chevalierknight on August 23, 2015 at 8:43 pm

Im using your build it says in the text use light head and light sholders meduim legs but in the pic with your cp you have meduim head light legs what one is right light head with infused or meduim head with pen ? Plz help

• Deltia on August 25, 2015 at 2:36 pm

You want one medium/ one piece heavy for the Undaunted bonus.

106. Josh on August 23, 2015 at 9:00 pm

Hey Deltia, I have a stamina nightblade thats level 40 right now, the race is redguard. Do you think I should use this character and switch between stamina and magicka whenever I feel like or just reroll High Elf? Im focusing on end game pvp. Thanks 😀

107. Dj on August 24, 2015 at 10:08 am

Hey thank for this awesome build can you please come out with a pve build for it thanks again

• Deltia on August 25, 2015 at 2:37 pm

At some point.

108. Banjax on August 25, 2015 at 4:14 pm

Will you continue to use vampire with the new requirements on pts?

109. opaquecrown on September 4, 2015 at 6:52 pm

Well. I am a Breton Nightblade VR8 and found “the specter” build. Now that I have found this build, I am sad…. I wanted to use the class abilities of Breton, but did stamina and leveled bow and dw. Should I start over on skills and build “the umbra”? I basically and getting ready for group VR dungeons and die a lot. (note, I leveled 2H for rally and I don’t die as much, until a boss aoe that I can’t escape). I feel lost now. Max Bow, 2H, and DW… but I like this build for Breton.

• Deltia on September 5, 2015 at 3:38 pm

You don’t need to start over, if you want you can always level new skill lines by simply putting on abilities and the weapons. Breton makes a great magicka NB.

• Randy on September 15, 2015 at 11:41 pm

Ok. I really want to use my class abilities, so I changed from Specter to a healer of all things (you tube video: Unconventional Build Series: Nightblade Healer Guide Follow-up). I am vet 11 and my guild needed a healer for DSA and Vet dungeons, but we kept dying. The guild told me I would make a great Templar, but I don’t want to start over. Not sure why a Breton NB healer won’t work for me. Anyway, on to Umbra build, so I can complete a Veteran rank dungeon and DSA… This has been very frustrating… 536 hours into this character and getting one shoted (40k health in Crypts and Spindleclutch 🙁

110. Liam on September 9, 2015 at 1:44 pm

Deltia – Is it worth being a vamp with this build anymore?

111. Raidon on September 11, 2015 at 3:26 am

Hey Deltia, DO you have a PvE loadout for Umbra?

• Deltia on September 12, 2015 at 11:16 pm

Yes I’ll be making it probably Monday.

112. Megaira on September 11, 2015 at 7:31 am

I am so looking forward for the Update on Umbra PVE Endgame.

113. Megaira on September 11, 2015 at 7:32 pm

Is there no Level 25-VR1 PVE Leveling Video Guide?
    Will it be Sword and Board at the end in PVE, too ?

114. ImThatGuy99 on September 12, 2015 at 3:29 am

So I was just wondering.. And my apologies if this has already been discussed in previous comments. Did not feel like reading it all! Haha but is there any other way of leveling up to VR14-16 instead of completing all three alliances? Like farming or what not.

115. Verrask on September 14, 2015 at 1:55 pm

Question – Why the destruction staff instead of two dual-wield bars?

• Verrask on September 14, 2015 at 1:58 pm

Nevermind – Resolve. Seems gimmicky though to lose the extra spell damage.

116. HIGGS on September 15, 2015 at 9:56 am

Deltia, is that a typo when you say 50k Max magic with Mage Mundas?

• Deltia on September 15, 2015 at 10:06 pm

• HIGGS on September 16, 2015 at 6:25 am

That’s awesome. This NB will “Hit like a truck” then! Can’t wait to finish leveling!

117. Chimss on September 16, 2015 at 7:00 pm

With the changes to Grim Focus and the Invigorating Drain in the recent patch do you feel these skills are worth working into a pvp build?

118. Chimss on September 16, 2015 at 7:42 pm

With the new patch changes do you feel like Grim Focus or Invigorating Drain are worth working into PvP?

119. weakminded on September 17, 2015 at 9:38 am

With three piece willpower being so vital to v16 gear-sets, will pvp gear change all that much? replacing cyrodiils light and adroitness neck, maybe a belt of magnus now?

• Kfro (Mod) on September 28, 2015 at 11:20 pm

The pvp gear won’t take that much of a hit. Doing something like 5 magnus and 2 engine will still produce a high amount of weapon dmg due to the rings plus neck. And also having the 5 piece magnus benefits would be helpful.

120. Nightmare Void-Blade on September 18, 2015 at 5:27 am

By Far My Favorite Build
    I had for the longest time been playing the Laceration Knight, then i hooked up with my Buddy in the Imperial city, he was playing your Stamina Build. I wanted to So bad to go around with him Ganking lol So i decided to Start over and build this. Love it so far

121. Opaque Crown on September 18, 2015 at 3:34 pm

this build is awesome! I feel like I am playing Mortal combat with all the button smashing buff/combos. I would like clarification on the DW bar and Dest. Staff bar however. This is what I got from your video, with some of my interpretations.

I run in circles with trash (takes about 45 seconds to wipe out a wasp mob in Craglorn, without potions)

Defense, running low on resources. I use the DW block->Dodge Roll/Sap Essence->Siphon Strikes then switch to Offense bar Funnel Destruction staff from a distance. Of course all of this takes 3-4 seconds.

For Offense, plenty of resources. I use Reapers->switch to Destro Staff->Inner Light->Merciless->Cripple->2X funnel health-> Weave Destro/funnel health->spectral bow (doesn’t consistently fire though)-> cripple->funnel-> imale

Great thing is, I don’t die!

122. naraku on September 20, 2015 at 7:22 am

how about transforming from stamina to magicka with a wood elf? i can get your same magicka regen, a bit less weapone damage and a bit less magicka all with more stamina and stamina regen ?? what do you think? 🙂

• Deltia on September 22, 2015 at 1:02 pm

In a game with no soft caps, not have 10% magicka/stamina is a major loss.

• Venexia on September 24, 2015 at 10:56 pm

Mashinate (DC EU player) is wood elf also and he does awesome dps.

123. Ian on September 20, 2015 at 11:57 pm

Does this class work with dark elf?

• Kfro (Mod) on September 28, 2015 at 11:17 pm

Yes it does since dark elf does have fire dmg boost with the fire staff weave. 7% boost to fire dmg. Also Dark elf does have max magicka boost which is preferred for magicka dps.

124. Andrew on September 22, 2015 at 11:09 pm

First off… Love the vids and guides thanks! I’m returning to elder scrolls now that I realized I can play mmo on the ps4. I have been researching builds because like you I tend to be an “alt-aholic” in these games. I have always played the destruction mage… Since forever. But umbra looks cool and powerful also. I have two questions for you. 1. Do you feel ignition or umbra is more powerful for single target dps? 2. Which is more fun? (Show offy in groups)

125. Shayji on September 26, 2015 at 3:48 am

Hey deltia, for pvp do u run sword and shield or duel wield as well because on the slot bar u said shield but the gear table you wrote 2 swords, and also if am gonna run the sword and shield would i have to level sword and shield to 50 first? Thank you keep up the good work

• Kfro (Mod) on September 28, 2015 at 11:15 pm

So he runs duel wield because he is going for max spell dmg. Plus I believe it is a type that he runs sword cause he said in his gear he runs duel wield. Also it isn’t necessary to level sword and board to level 50 but definitely important that you do so since the passives are helpful for mitigating dmg.

126. Scinful on September 27, 2015 at 2:22 am

Thanks for the awesome build Deltia. I’m, more or less, a pretty casual player. Yesterday in Crucible, my grouped wiped on the giant troll. I was the only one left standing, and was able to kite and siphon him down from 75% health. Everyone cheered!

127. Scinful on September 27, 2015 at 2:26 am

Oh, and I think every instance of the word “apprentice” got auto-corrected to “appreciate” in your guide.

128. Maruk Sinistar on October 4, 2015 at 7:52 pm

Any chance you might flesh out the rest of the ESO Head profiles linked to this build with the passives you took? I keep having to scrub through the videos to catch a glimpse of what you did for them, but can’t get them all.

129. Damján on October 11, 2015 at 4:13 pm

As a returning player & new Covenant player, I would like to thank you for the time & effort you have put into making this leveling build. I rolled a new magicka nightblade this morning and plan to fully utilize the “pro tips” and other tricks provided here. I hope you see y’all in Cyrodiil soon….

130. WakaGlock on October 15, 2015 at 6:48 am

you have pvp at or around v1 but what about pve? i know your super busy will builds but im just kind of lost cause you have 11-25 but nothing at or around v1 for pve. i guess my question is what should the umbra look like at or around v1 for pve? or is it the same for pvp

• Deltia on October 15, 2015 at 2:02 pm

Look at the end game PvE build with Inner Light and Funnel Health and start working towards those abilities.

• WakaGlock on October 15, 2015 at 2:32 pm

When do you recomend dropping sword and shield for dw and destro? Thanks for the feedback brotha

• Kfro on October 15, 2015 at 3:55 pm

Whenever sword and board hit level 50 or whenever you want to drop it!

• WakaGlock on October 15, 2015 at 4:04 pm

Its utterly amazing. Ive pretty much soloed this whole build and wiped one time. Last and final question, how do you feel about the vamp in update 7 on this build?

• Deltia on October 18, 2015 at 2:27 pm

Depends if you want to use blocking more but I stick with being elusive.

131. Dansk on October 28, 2015 at 5:26 am

What do you think about using 2H instead of DW? I was told that this would increase damage even more. Thx for your awesome guides.

• Scinful on October 28, 2015 at 5:51 am

There are some calculations to see which one is better for your build. A quick and dirty thumbrule is, if your magicka is >40k go 2H. The difference is that DW winds up being a constant variable whereas 2H will scale with your magicka due to the way they are inserted into the equation.

• Deltia on October 28, 2015 at 1:17 pm

Yes the mathers out there figured it out, I just don’t have to mats to recraft a VR16 sword. Thanks for your tip.

• Deltia on October 28, 2015 at 1:16 pm

Supposedly it’s better, but I’d lose my extra spell damage because of one slot rather than two.

132. Scinful on October 28, 2015 at 6:01 am

Asayre has a complete write up in the forums at Tamriel Foundry with all the maths attached. I’m sorry I wrote “constant variable” couldn’t believe it when I read the post.

133. Dansk on October 28, 2015 at 6:15 am

Thx Scinful for your quick answer 🙂

134. Wolf_z13 on November 5, 2015 at 1:26 pm

Is this build still viable with the most recent version/update? If not what would you change?

• Deltia on November 5, 2015 at 5:35 pm

Yeah it still works great. I’ll change it after I beat Maelstrom but looking to stay mainly the same.

• Wolf_z13 on November 5, 2015 at 5:53 pm

awesome… ty for the reply…I based my first toon around this build (finally just got to vet level)… Then started looking at your other builds ( turbulence was another ) and all of your builds look really solid

135. Slurix on November 19, 2015 at 7:42 am

Hey Deltia what Mundus stones are you using???

• Deltia on November 19, 2015 at 10:43 pm

Thief and Shadow.

136. Bigs on November 19, 2015 at 4:16 pm

Deltia you mention in your video for the umbra MA setup that you could use julianos in replace of the twice born star gear. What mundus stone would you recommend for this?

• Deltia on November 19, 2015 at 10:44 pm

Thief if you stuck with Julianos.

• Bigs on November 20, 2015 at 12:04 pm

Thanks and keep up the good work. There is not many putting up new and good content.

137. Bigs on November 19, 2015 at 5:15 pm

Deltia you mentioned in your Umbra MA build that you could swap the julianos set for twice born start, what mundus would you recommend with that?

138. DatGuy on November 24, 2015 at 3:22 pm

Hi Deltia. I have a question regarding your Maelstrom weapons. Do the dmg/crit enchants require the Skill to be slotted ? Like for destro, do you need Wall of the elements on your bar for the Spell dmg bonus ? Thanks man.

• Deltia on November 26, 2015 at 12:58 am

Nope you get it just for equipping.

139. Bigs on November 24, 2015 at 5:08 pm

Deltia – If I’m not at the 501 CP cap, how should I setup my CP? I’m at about 350, Do I go 30 in apprentice to get the 12% spell crit then go rest into thaumaturge? If so how do I split between elfborn and spell erosion? Thanks in advance

• Deltia on November 26, 2015 at 12:59 am

Yes, best to get 30 points for spell precision (via 70/30% split on spell crit>) than thum.

140. Luther on December 2, 2015 at 2:10 pm

Hey deltia love the videos got a ? About the umbra night blade I want him for pvp trying to follow ur guide I’m lvl 11 right now with the destruction staff and it says when u get to lvl 15 u went with sword and shield but then it says for ur pvp build at vet 1 u r using destruction staff and restoration staff then at end game pvp ur pic of ur weapon bar says ur using duel wield and restoration staff but the verbiage underneath the pic says ur using sword and shield and restoration staff just wondering what weapons and moves I should be working on towards a pvp player thanks!

• Deltia on December 3, 2015 at 2:48 pm

I just switch between a lot of those depending on the situation and how much magicka I need or have.

141. Kiaeneto on December 15, 2015 at 2:09 am

Is this build still useable as of 12-14-15? I started using it when you first posted it and only got to level 10. I had to stop playing/take a break until now. I enjoyed the little time I had with it and want to continue. Also this going to still be good build for PVP etc?

• Deltia on December 15, 2015 at 5:20 pm

Yes, I still play my Mag Nightblade and it works great. The PvP spec is still relevant and works.

• Ty on December 24, 2015 at 6:06 pm

What points do you put in your attributes

142. Danny on December 17, 2015 at 4:49 am

Hey deltia thanks for the build have a few questions on the umbra malestrom build do already having the malestrom staffs matter or would you say it was still do able without them and what build did you find the less difficult to complete malestrom and why ?

• Deltia on December 17, 2015 at 4:45 pm

It matters, but I completed it without first.

143. Davo31 on December 23, 2015 at 5:41 pm

In your professional opinion, who would win in a fight (assuming you could control both players somehow)….. Umbra vs spectre…. Both are dark elf race with your pvp setups…. Extra credit question, which of all your pvp builds, assuming you were controlling them, would come out on top the majority of the time against each other?

Wife is gone for two weeks so I can get my nerd on and grind up some more characters….

• Deltia on December 23, 2015 at 10:25 pm

Specter, and out of all I think I’m best at the Harvester for PvP.

• Davo31 on December 23, 2015 at 11:42 pm

Sweet thank you

144. Mute-80 on January 5, 2016 at 12:56 am

Under your Dual Wield passive you have 2 points into “twin Blade and Blunt” . On PS4 i found it was “Dual Wield Expert” that gives the increase to spell power if you have the points in it.

145. MrT on January 8, 2016 at 4:57 pm

Hey Deltia,
    two questions about the Maelstrom build
    1)Can the proc from Nerien’eth Crit?
    2)If you could choose between 2pc Nerien’eth w/ Divines vs. 2pc Molag Kena w/ Divines, would you stick with Nerien’eth?

• Deltia on January 11, 2016 at 5:42 pm

For this build yes, for more AoE damage. I’ve seen 18k crits on lich crystal.

146. MrT on January 8, 2016 at 8:25 pm

Hey Deltia,
    regarding the Maelstrom dedicated build
    1) Can the lich from Nerien’eth crit?
    2)If you had the opportunity to use Molag Kena 2 pc w/ Divines do you think it would outperform Nerien’eth?

147. Ste on February 6, 2016 at 3:21 am

Hi Delts! Hope you’re well mate. I run a majika NB and I LOVE it! With the upcoming changes when Thieves Guild drops, what changes would be needed to keep the build effective?

• Deltia on February 7, 2016 at 12:18 am

Twisting Path mainly.

148. VOODOO on February 16, 2016 at 12:05 am

How’s the build going to work with we buffs coming to cloak ?

• Deltia on February 16, 2016 at 9:28 am

Well for PvP I’ll use the other morph and I don’t use the skill in PvE.

149. Raidon on March 9, 2016 at 1:51 am

Is a Nightblade healer possible?

• Deltia on March 9, 2016 at 2:27 pm

Yes not as good as DK/Templar due to major mending.

150. Fran on March 10, 2016 at 10:10 pm

hey Deltia are you planning on changing gear sets for the new update if so what are you leaning towards using.

• Deltia on March 10, 2016 at 11:41 pm

I’m using Twice Born Star and Nerenith 2 pc helm set with Willpower Jewelry. I go Maelstrom Fire staff and DW for ultra damage.

151. Anthony on March 14, 2016 at 4:27 pm

For a magic NB how do I increase damage done in pvp? I don’t know which stat translates into increased damage for NB such as spell power or weapon damage or max magicka.

152. Kevin on March 31, 2016 at 2:55 am

Hi Deltia, what glyphs do you put on the swords?

• Deltia on April 3, 2016 at 2:14 pm

Poison and Fire

• Kevin on April 3, 2016 at 5:03 pm

Thanks!

153. Wacky on April 4, 2016 at 6:09 pm

in your video where u explain the new builds for the thieves guild update does it have to be fire staff for the magicka NB??

154. Mke Sandman on April 5, 2016 at 4:40 pm

Would like to say congratulations to you and your girlfriend on your healty precious newborn!! it’s okay if you cried.

But my question is should I be puttin all my attributes into magic on my NB? I just feel vulnerable in dungeons I get one shotted all the time.. I’m a v4 Magic NB do the champion points in thaumturge still apply due to the new patch???

Btw a lot of ps4users are saying you intentionally miss guide us and “suggest builds” because you run a completely different build so you can Easley eliminate them.. Aka keep your true builds off camera… Haters gon hate. and again congrats to you and your girl.. I watch all your videos and I was like when is she going to have her baby holy cow it felt like a year. Lol

Fb Mke sandman
    Psn MkeSandman

• Deltia on April 7, 2016 at 3:12 pm

Thanks Mke,

Attributes, yes all magic, if you’re getting one shot use max food magic and enchant health to get the sweet HP spot.

Thaumatage is changed, I’d check out my post on it in CP guide.

And if people think I’m some kinda of evil master mind manipulating builds to get an advantage, then those are the same people that believe Elvis is still alive.

155. Safora on April 8, 2016 at 9:48 pm

Thank you thank you thank you for giving me a build that is easy to follow and understand! Especially LOVE how you tell me WHERE the skills are and what they are morphed from!

• Deltia on April 9, 2016 at 3:19 pm

Thanks for feedback.

156. Watsu on April 10, 2016 at 7:27 pm

will it be good to become a vampire ?? in the thieves guild patch or just a regular human??

• Deltia on April 12, 2016 at 1:28 pm

There’s no advantage in PvE, PvP some but huge downsides.

157. Myles on April 15, 2016 at 12:30 am

Just wondering if wearing twice born star is still relevant or should I just use Julianos for magika nb maelstrom arena

• Deltia on April 15, 2016 at 9:38 pm

For magicka Nightblade, yes it’s considered Best in Slot still.

• Myles on April 15, 2016 at 10:06 pm

Ok great thanks love the page and all your builds

158. Scott Toone on April 15, 2016 at 1:20 pm

Good morning Deltias,
    In your maelstrom build, what 2 mundus stones do you use for your TBS set? Would you go Mage and Apprentice?

• Deltia on April 15, 2016 at 9:41 pm

Thief and Shadow.

159. Madhat on April 19, 2016 at 5:49 pm

Hi Deltia.. Just wondering if you plan on updating this build for the TG patch? You mentioned on Twitter that it is good for both PvE and PvP.. Is it the same basic build with just a few skill changes? Thanks.

• Deltia on April 20, 2016 at 7:55 pm

Yes I got a 548k Maelstrom score BUT I don’t have the fully optimize gear setup (Scathing Mage). That’s why I haven’t posted it.

160. Matthew M. on April 19, 2016 at 5:49 pm

So I’m a Dunmer AND a Vampire…

Did I absolutely screw over my Nightblade build? Im currently trying to play with Dual Wield (2 daggers), Shadow (ultimate) and Fighters guild (crossbow for ranged).

I’m looking at fitting Spectre or Umbra to fit my character but frankly cant decide which to go for.

(releveling as I played to V14 on XBOXONE and now im on PC)

• Deltia on April 20, 2016 at 7:58 pm

No, Dunmer is great still because most PvE damage is fire (light attacks, Elemental Blockade, Shooting Star, Etc). Stick with it, you’re good.

161. Madhat on April 19, 2016 at 9:47 pm

Hi Deltia.. Sorry if this is a double post, it looks like my previous comment got deleted. I was wondering if you planned on updating this build for the new patch. I see a lot of people have started to use Proximity Detonation along with the Vicious Death set and am wondering if this is the way to go now for Magicka NB’s. Thanks

• Deltia on April 20, 2016 at 7:56 pm

Oh for PvP I made One-Shot-Willy Mag Nightblade build using that.

162. rabe on May 3, 2016 at 9:46 am

What mod was used for the picture
    Champion Points

Thx for the help

163. Davo31 on May 20, 2016 at 9:00 pm

Hey deltia,

Have you tried The Skoria set in vMSA with the magblade? I was having a lot of luck with it over nerineths just due to the instant dmg rather than the 3 sec wait time. Also I dropped sap for structured for another dot. So refreshing, cripple, blockade, entropy. I’m on console so I don’t have access to dmg reports. Thanks.

• Kfro on May 20, 2016 at 11:15 pm

It looks like the way you are building your nb works with the skoria since you have tons of procs, however Deltia only has one dot so Skoria won’t be as effective.

164. AntiAesthetic on July 12, 2016 at 6:27 pm

Is this still efficient with the DB update? I’ve respec’d probably 10 times this week and still can’t push my DPS very high.

165. […] High Elf […]

166. SaliciaKeyz on July 27, 2016 at 11:09 am

Deltia, would you still recommend rolling Altmer or Breton for endgame magicka NB, or would Dunmer using Meteor and Destro staff/abilities have higher damage?

If Dunmer would have higher dps, would it be significant or would the extra sustain make up for it?

Thanks for making sweet builds!

• Deltia on July 27, 2016 at 7:18 pm

High Elf, lack of regen is noticeable and until magicka cost gets reduced, High Elf is a safe bet.

• SaliciaKeyz on July 27, 2016 at 9:56 pm

Sweet, yo! Thanks for the reply.

When you say, “until magicka cost gets reduced,” is this a change coming to the game or did you mean something else?

Is Breton comparable or would Altmer be a much better choice?