Ricochet Sorcerer Build

Welcome to the Ricochet Stamina Sorcerer build with two version, one for leveling and one for end game designed for all around performance.

UPDATED PAGE HERE

Table of Contents

Leveling Build

Objective

The goal of this build is to make an AoE monster (Area Damage) for Imperial City.  With the combination I’ve tested (thanks Dyride) this might be the most over powered stamina AoE build to date.  Lighting Tornado is back…..

Video Link

Priority Skills

• Dark Magic – Encase which immobilizes enemies which you can nuke down with Brawler or Steel Tornado Early on.  Next is Dark Exchanged morphed to Dark Deal, trading magicka for stamina giving you a nice self heal too.
  • Daedric Summoning – Unstable Familiar morphed into Clannfear gives you a much needed self heal to start the game.  The next is a major DPS increase via Bound Armor morphed to Bound Armaments giving more max stamina.
  • Storm Calling – Lighting Form morphed into Thundering Presence will scale off of stamina in Update 7 and provide armor.  Surge morphed into Critical Surge will give us much needed Major Brutality and healing!
  • Two Handed – The only skill I use is Brawler for an early AoE and defense.  After I get Dual Wield leveled up, I drop this for Bow.
  • Dual Wield – Once I get Steel Tornado I then use Encase immobilize the mobs and range them down from 12.5 meters away.
  • Bow – I like the bow for range and solid DPS early on.  I go with Poison Inject for a stamina finisher, Bombard for a ranged AoE/Immobilize and Lethal Arrow for my spammable attack.

1-10

Ricochet Level 10

10-25

rich level 25

25-VR1

richo vr1

Important Passives

richo 10 passives

• Dark Magic – Unholy Knowledge gives us reduced cost and that’s about all I invest in here.
  • Daedric Summoning – Power Stone is the only thing I take and the reduced ultimate cost and bats makes a great combo while leveling.
  • Storm Calling – Disintegrate is okay while using until Update 7 brings weapon power to Expert Mage and then, wow stambo rambo.
  • Two Handed – I honestly wouldn’t invest in anything here unless you plan on using Rally for healing/buff and Brawler for AoE.
  • Dual Wield – Controlled Fury for cost reduction and slaughter for Steel Tornado damage.
  • Bow – Ranger for reduced cost and Long Shot for more damage at range.
  • Medium Armor – Wind Walker is a must early on, than later Agility for max damage.  Once I free up skill points, start taking the rest.
  • Race – Everything…

Misc

• Race – 1) Redguard if you plan on doing melee, 1a) for more sturdy Imperial 3) Khajiit for more self healing focused Crit Surge build.
  • Attributes – All stamina keep it easy.
  • Mundus Stone – Weapon Power or for more self healing, Shadow.
  • Gear – I went with 5 Hunding’s Rage (weapon power) 3 Ashen Grip. all medium for reduced cost and regeneration.w
  • Vamp/WW – I love Vampire on my Sorc for the self-healing lower cost Ultimate Devouring Swarm.  I got it at level 25 and had bats mid 30s and everything became much easier.  Though it has major downsides, so if you have low Champion Points or unfamiliar with vamp, stay away from it.
  • Food – Tri-stat food isn’t a bad option when you’re starting out.  Drinks for later PvP, but max health saves me from a lot of unwarranted deaths.

Toxic Tornado

Video Link HERE

Objective

Make a self reliant stamina Sorcerer build that can play solo, group, AoE, single target, PvP and PvE.  It’s a lofty goal, but I think we pulled it off!

Skills

Toxic Tornado Skills list

Dual Wield (Hammers)

• Flying Blade (morph of Hidden Blade | Dual Wield skill line) – Ranged DPS on demanding, eliminating the need to have a bow. Not to mention, it hits extremely hard, snares and gives Major Brutality buff.
  • Thundering Presence (morph of Lighting Form | Storm Calling skill line) – Major resistance (spell and physical) also speed and a great source of damage if maintained.
  • Bound Armaments (morph of Bound Armor | Daedric Summoning skill line) – 8% max stamina and 11% more damage on heavy attacks, yeah it’s the source of our monster stamina numbers.
  • Critical Surge (morph of Surge | Storm Calling skill line) – Another buff for Major Brutality though this is superior as it makes critical hits heal for 60% of damage inflicted AND last 33 seconds in Update 7!
  • Steel Tornado (morph of Whirlwind | Dual Wield skill line) – Hands down the best AoE in the game, combined with  Sheer Venom set giving this build a 100% execute that does poison damage over time. Truly amazing AoE.
  • [Ultimate] Flawless Dawnbreaker (morph of Dawnbreaker | Fighters Guild skill line) – 8% weapon damage for having this slotted and a great AoE damage ultimate, it’s a must have on a stamina build.

Two Handed (Maul)

• Critical Rush (morph Critical Charge | Two Handed skill line) – A guaranteed critical making it a powerful self heal on demand.
  • Streak (morph of Bolt Escape | Storm Calling skill line) – A way to create space, stun and escape perfect for Imperial City.  I use this to Streak past enemies, turn and Crit Rush, rinse and repeat for big time self healing (with Surge active).
  • Bound Armaments (morph of Bound Armor | Daedric Summoning skill line) – Same as above, double bar so it doesn’t turn on/off.
  • Wrecking Blow (morph of Uppercut | Two Handed skill line) – This is nice to have on as a source of single target, spammable damage for boss fights or up close on enemy players.  Combine this with Critical Rush for massive burst damage.
  • Executioner (morph of Reverse Slash | Two Handed skill line) – Another trick giving every Two Handed ability the power of execute (remember Sheer Venom?).  Now even Critical Rush can cause poison damage.
  • [Ultimate] Suppression Field (morph of Negate Magic | Dark Magic skill line) – A PvP game change, removing effects in the area such as ultiamtes AND granting minor protection.  You can’t beat this ultimate in a zerg v zerg fight.

Gear

Toxic Tornado Gear Picture Toxic Tornado Gear Chart

• Nerien’eth’s – Obtained in Crypt of Hearts which received a major buff. This procs off nearly all of our damage adding to our AoE Juggernaut damage.
    • If you don’t have helm, run a 5 piece Hunding’s Rage and a 3 piece Ashen Grip for good performance.
  • Agility Jewelry Set – Obtained from Vetearn Bosses, Treasure Vaults and sold from other players.  This is the major source of statistical performance in Update 7.
  • Night’s Silence Set – Two trait craftable set with a powerful two piece bonus.  The difference between VR14 Master Weapons to Vr16 craftable is a big performance boost.
  • Sheer Venom – Obtained in Imperial City Prison (VR15 Normal / VR16 Veteran mode).  Monster weapon damage for 2/3 bonuses and executable poison proc….wow.
    • Hunding’s Rage – A six trait craftable set that is a great alternative until you get Sheer Venom (which I currently use as I writ this guide).

Champion Points

MAGE (Blue)

• Might (the Ritual) – Pump this up for more physical Damage.
  • Precise Strikes (the Ritual) – More critical damage, more self healing, great combination.

WARRIOR (Red)

• Quick Recovery (the Lord) – More self healing that applies to Critical Surge bonus.

THIEF (Green)

• Warlord (Tower) 45% / Mooncalf (the Lover) 45% / Tumbling (the Shadow) 10% split for resource management.

Misc

• Werewolf and Vampire – Werewolf has little value for my purposes as the ultimate might do a lot of damage, but I love the control of Negate.  I experimented with Vampire and loved Devouring and Clouding Swarm for HUGE damage, but didn’t enjoy fire damage in PvE.  You’re choice, but I’d go Vampire if anything.
  • Race – Redguard for sustained and max damage, Imperial for all around and more sturdy build and Khajiit for burst PvP/self healing.  Can it work with something else? Sure, but if you don’t have 10% max stamina or critical, you’ll be lack significant damage.
  • Attributes – All stamina, if you need more health (say 20,000) enchant with health glyphs or get healthy jewelry.
  • Mundus Stone – Weapon Power or for more self healing, Shadow.
  • Food/Drink – Bi Stat food for pure maximum damage, bi-stat drink if you’re Imperial for great sustained or tri-stat food if you’re using Dark Conversation of resource management.
  • Weapon Traits – Sharpen gives great all around benefit, but a Khajiit rocking two Precise Daggers might produce extraordinary results with the Shadow Mundus stone.

1. Learned on April 21, 2015 at 8:26 pm

Started an Imperial Stam Sorc the other day, only up to lvl 19, but if I may… I did 1-12ish opening with Endless Fury and then Crit Rushing – basically one shotted everything and got the magicka back from Endless Fury. Even after 12, I still open with Endless Fury, Crit Rush in and then Wrecking Blow – the Endless Fury explodes them if they weren’t killed by Wrecking Blow. Curious if there was a reason you didn’t use Endless Fury or if it’s just a stylistic choice? Love your builds and guides, btw – keep up the good work!

• Deltia on April 21, 2015 at 10:29 pm

Endless Fury is magicka based finisher so it’s not going to hit nearly as hard as Executioner as a stamina user.

• Dyride on August 31, 2015 at 1:10 pm

Endless Fury is a good choice to stack more Storm Calling abilities to get Surge and Bolt Escape sooner, but by endgame, the explosion isn’t worth a slot. Your combo is good single target but to level quickly you want to be grinding lots of mobs.

Deltia’s build is meant for AOE grinding on multiple packs so Brawler is very useful because it provides the shield.

• Kevin on September 10, 2015 at 1:59 pm

get a vet friend to run you through wayrest sewers, first section where the rats are group them up go to hallway near next boss aoe them, then head to next boss after you skip the croc boss and kill the two mobs, disband group leave dungeon group back up and come back in. make sure you use the exp scroll and eso plus bonus it took me 6 hours to get to lvl45

2. Voldi on April 22, 2015 at 1:15 am

I have a vet 4 sorc and I’m wanting to try this build now you said your going to add expert hunter which skills would you be taking off?

3. Kevin Huffman on April 22, 2015 at 5:04 pm

Is this primarily a PVP build?

4. Redmoonga on April 22, 2015 at 8:46 pm

I recently started a redguard sorc that is 2h/bow. I’m sitting at lvl 20 now with many of the same combos as in your build.
    Things I did differently was mostly gear choices. I felt the critical rush / critical surge combo left me with the room to put armor / spell pen on my weapon. My gear is 5 pc Hunding ‘ s rage, two FJord s rings with shoulders and a weapon damage amulet. The last two pieces i took allesias bulwark to wrap up. And of course all stamina glyphs.
    This is a super fun build with lots of utility.

thanks for all the inspirations

Redmoonga

5. Archaegeo on April 22, 2015 at 11:46 pm

Of the four leveling build series, which do you find does best in Cyro and which does best at straight PvP?

• Archaegeo on April 23, 2015 at 3:29 am

Er that was best at Cyro (PvP) and which best at PvE?

• Deltia on April 24, 2015 at 12:38 pm

Define “straight” pvp?

• Archaegeo on April 24, 2015 at 11:33 pm

I meant which of the 4 new leveling builds is best for pve and which would you use or pvp

• tim andrews on October 13, 2015 at 8:04 pm

Ive pretty much built around the same way you did with your stam sorc and im loving it in pvp. Ive been fiddling around with different skills for pve. Any thoughts or ideas that you have for skill switching from pvp to pve would be appreciated Deltia

Fyi-love your videos. Super helpful and enjoyable to watch. Learned many new things about this game from watching them

• tim andrews on October 13, 2015 at 8:06 pm

Edit* end game pve

• Deltia on October 15, 2015 at 1:58 pm

For PvE I just load up sorc abilities and smash Executioner really. You can even use the PvP setup and it still does decent DPS and it’s easy.

• psiberzerker on May 13, 2015 at 8:56 pm

Templar isn’t a race, but Orc works pretty well with a sprinting passive which stacks well on Hasty Retreat, and Boundless Storm. With 3 Night’s Silence, you can sneak surprisingly fast for Wrecking Blow to Charge combos from stealth. Nice gank in Pvp.

6. blakey03 on April 23, 2015 at 10:15 am

I have used this build as a blue print on my Khajjit Sorcerer stamina build vr2 and it does rock and yes deltia the shrouded set is great when you hit energy overload 4400 burst heal when you hit it . thanks for this build just need adapt to the way that I play. 🙂

7. Zyran on April 23, 2015 at 9:55 pm

Was wondering, would this build work well for a Breton as well?

• Desolationz on April 24, 2015 at 7:35 pm

This is a Stamina based build so it would not suit a Breton which has racial passives that benefit magicka users. Redguard, Wood Elf and Templar are probably best since they all provide great boosts to stamina.

• Dyride on August 31, 2015 at 1:19 pm

In the past stamina sorc has been difficult because so few Sorc passives were actually useful to the playstyle, so having a a well suited race was more important.

Sadly Breton is probably one of the least optimal races to run this on.
      That being said, my namesake stamina sorc was a Breton and I got to Alliance rank 22 on her in PVP (4 million AP). So don’t let race stop you from trying out the playstyle.

For Bretons, the max magicka isn’t so useful because no points or enchants go into magicka, cost reduction is okay but doesn’t add anything to stamina, and the spell resist is slightly useful since Nirn is being nerfed but I still feel Breton passives are underwhelming except for Templars or Nightblades.

8. Shallak on April 25, 2015 at 12:43 pm

Hey Deltia, I would like an explanation on racials

I see the wood elf can get 21% Stamina regen while in combat, is that much better than the +12% health, +10% stamina, +heal on melee proc from the Imperial?

And thanks for your build and advices! Much appreciated.

• Deltia on April 27, 2015 at 12:02 pm

Depends on what content, level and role you’re fulfilling. If you want to dodge roll in PvP endlessly, Wood Elf is your choice.

• Dyride on August 31, 2015 at 1:26 pm

My stamina Sorc is a Bosmer and I will be rolling around IC spamming Steel Tornado inside my Clouding Swarm to capitalize on the stealths passive for 10% extra damage.

I do think overal that Max stats edge out regen in my opinion. If I was going to re-roll another stamina sorc, I would go Imperial over Redguard just because I find sustain easier to build for using sets than the extra stats from Imperial. The extra health from an Imperial is very good. Plus I like tankier builds.

9. shiva7663 on April 28, 2015 at 3:16 am

Way of the Arena is not practical to obtain for many people. Is there an easier to obtain set that you recommend?

• Deltia on April 28, 2015 at 9:24 pm

Hundings Rage, Night Silence anything with stamina, weapon power or regen.

10. Shallowell on April 29, 2015 at 10:38 pm

I just started a build based off of this the other day and was wondering what you thought of using the Bound Armor morph that raises max Stamina? It seems pretty decent to me, adding survivability and damage, but is it one of those situations where it would be ok but there are better things to fill the skill bar with?
    Thanks!

• Deltia on May 4, 2015 at 12:44 pm

I love that morph and plan on using it once I unlock the skill. Probably take off executioner though I don’t know what ability yet.

11. RUse master on April 30, 2015 at 10:59 am

Mundus Stone?

• Deltia on May 4, 2015 at 12:46 pm

Warrior for weapon power.

12. DeWolfwood on April 30, 2015 at 9:09 pm

Wicked build!! This build gave me some ideas on creating my character thanks for this very informative website too.

13. Slaughterborn on May 1, 2015 at 12:15 am

Hmmm… I have a vr2 stam sorc 2H/bow. How far have you got with this one?

I’m reaping through pve content like nothing. Casting Crit Surge, Rally, Evil hunter and then going in with Brawler + hardened ward and I can literally take out +-7 vr5 mobs at once.

I struggle really bad in PvP though … Everybody takes me down really quickly if we go 1v1, it’s terrible … any advice?

• Deltia on May 4, 2015 at 12:59 pm

Level 27, still leveling four characters.

Yeah it’s mainly for PvP because I do not have all the skills unlocked.

Nope, I get my butt kicked too. I’ll remake it with streak, bound armor, and some other sorc tricks to survive. Mainly a PvE leveling setup to start.

• Dyride on August 31, 2015 at 1:29 pm

They are changing the Battle Leveling in the patch today so you should be more even going forward but ESO pvp like all MMO pvp has a sharp learning curve. It took me months just to figure out what I was doing wrong and more time to practice the things I wanted to do. So don’t get discouraged.

14. Valkeneer on May 2, 2015 at 4:31 am

I like your build but I am wondering what I need to change to have a stamina sorcerer for PVP. What would I need to make the switch?

• Deltia on May 4, 2015 at 12:51 pm

Well some skills I haven’t unlocked yet. The morph of dark exchange for stamina, bound armor for more stamina, etc. And oh yeah…streak 🙂

15. Archaegeo on May 2, 2015 at 5:59 pm

Did you give up on this leveling build? Havent seen any progress on it…

• Deltia on May 4, 2015 at 12:54 pm

No, can’t level 4 things at once.

16. Aerowyn on May 3, 2015 at 10:32 am

You have a sweet, edifying spirit. I await console release, so I’ve yet to play but have learned so much from your vids I cannot thank you enough. I have crushed discs in my neck and can no longer work so I am looking forward to crafting and hence need an adequate farming build. Love Bosmers for my main yet more like “One Shot Willy” with a 2hander and bow. Your knowledge of game mechanics, concise presentation and excellent strategies backed with reason along with your enthusiasm make you an excellent teacher. (the noblest of callings) I may look you up when I come online and ask you to bite me._.tee!._.hee! Give Shep a hug from me.

• Deltia on May 4, 2015 at 12:56 pm

I just hugged sheppy thanks!

17. Dosah on May 3, 2015 at 11:50 am

i would like to see your progress as well..mine is alrdy VR3 ….one of the funest builds ive ever played

• Deltia on May 4, 2015 at 12:56 pm

Give it time, I can’t level four characters at once very fast.

18. gio on May 4, 2015 at 3:59 pm

Great info. I’ve been running Pvp with my woodelf stamina sorc and I’m a v14. It’s very useful build for some offensive tactics, but lacks defense. Streak and snipe prove a huge radius of influence and are great for hunting down other sorcs.

• Deltia on May 5, 2015 at 2:30 am

Yeah once I get some abilities unlocked, than it’ll be powerful in PvP. Mainly solo focused in it’s current state.

19. kinz on May 5, 2015 at 12:45 am

This build is wicked fun, like renewed my enjoyment of the game fun. You’re an amazing teacher to boot, thanks for sharing. <3

20. Storm Beast on May 6, 2015 at 4:06 pm

Hey Deltia – you inspired me to try out a stam sorc build. I went a different route than you (focusing concurrently on tanking while leveling too) and I would love any feedback you had on a guide I just posted. Thanks man.

• Deltia on May 7, 2015 at 6:53 pm

Looks well thought out for sure. I would suggest hardened ward over absorb magicka though. I also like bow for range and knockback while leveling.

• Storm Beast on May 7, 2015 at 8:30 pm

Thanks man. Curious – why Hardened Ward over Absorb magicka? I was thinking of trying bow now that I’m VR and have my 1h&S leveled. Gonna use your guide for some ideas.

• Deltia on May 11, 2015 at 1:04 pm

Because it defends against all kinds of damage.

21. Sigmars Blessing on May 11, 2015 at 12:42 pm

I have a level 15 “Ricochet” that I am enjoying very much.
    Then it hit me…
    What if after I spend countless hours leveling this up through the ranks, then join PvP (which is why i’m leveling this) and find out that Ricochet is a gimick build. That the Nightblade or Dragonknight is better with these weapons. As stated in the video this is not a support build. So what do you do with this? Gonna be hard to gank like a NB with a pet following you around. And lets say you do max level and find out this is gimmicky. You can’t just change to a magicka based sorc with a Wood Elf.
    I guess I would like to know if this is just as good as other classes in PvP.
    Would hate to go into battle knowing this build is subpar.

• Deltia on May 11, 2015 at 1:25 pm

I want a monster AoE stamina juggernaut. It’ll take a while to get it there. Need more skills and gear. For other PvP classes, anything can be viable if you spend the time to work on it.

22. Noci on May 12, 2015 at 3:49 pm

Hey Deltia, love the vids you make. Learned a lot from them. I wondered if it would be viable to go dual wield with this build. keeping the crit surge, but using bound armaments instead of the clanfear, using quick cloak to get in the fight, throw down a ring of preservation and then steel tornado until everything is killed. Also using shooting star as an ult. Could that work?

• Deltia on May 12, 2015 at 6:29 pm

Anything could work. I’m going to take my build in a different direction.

23. Archaegeo on May 12, 2015 at 8:25 pm

Really hoping you continue development of this cause low levels its a blast.

• Deltia on May 13, 2015 at 7:38 pm

It’s last on my list but I will.

24. LogicalPhule on May 14, 2015 at 6:58 am

I recently hit 27 with this build. I absolutely love it. Sadly though, it took forever for me to get Surge, but I finally got it.

I have made a slight change with the crafted armor/weapon. I am using 4 pieces of Night’s Silence and 4 pieces of Death’s Wind. While it doesn’t give me the added Magicka it really helps out with health and armor. The additional weapon crit is nice with Surge.

Anyway, Deltia, thank you for the build. I am having a lot of fun thrashing everything I meet.

25. Angrenost on May 14, 2015 at 10:23 pm

I’m also a woodelf stam sorc, for PVE it can get pretty insane the dps I can create. Crit surge is still amazing since the update, did you know that crit damage on ults also can heal you? I was able during leveling to do quests in zones 10-12 levels higher than me. Amazing. PVP is different, most people are not sure what to think of you because you are so different. Truth is with 2h and bow it is difficult to keep up the healing, so having vigor or momentum up while you dodge roll can help.

In the end this build work well for me on offense but I’m considering which sets work to help keep me alive, from bust DPS.

• psiberzerker on May 15, 2015 at 9:28 pm

Yeah, crits is crits as far as Surge counts them, you can even proc CS with Restostaff and Overload channeling.

26. Archaegeo on May 17, 2015 at 8:24 pm

I just hit 19 and got Surge, so happy with that, and its a great PVE leveling build, but yeah, I can see where its gonna need some major tweaking to work in PvP

• Deltia on May 18, 2015 at 12:49 pm

Yes MAJOR tweaking for PvP.

• REM on May 27, 2015 at 7:26 am

I really think for overall sustain and defense, Boundless Storm is useful for this, keep the clanfear for PvE mitigation.

For me, the Storm form was more useful than Crit Rush in soloing, but I’m no complete player 😛 I mostly PvE

27. Jay on May 22, 2015 at 11:49 pm

You Sir, have made my VR2 Sorc fun again. I shower you in nuggets

28. Sigmars Blessing on May 23, 2015 at 3:53 am

I’ve got a level 20 Specter and level 20 Ricochet ready. Just waiting to see how the Ricochet compares to the Nightblade in PvP.
    Then i’ll level one…

29. Grimscale on May 23, 2015 at 8:46 am

Thank you for this build, I had never really played the mage class much.
    But this stamina build is fun to play :). It did take me forever to get surge, I got momentum first. They both do the same thing, but momentum is more a on demand heal dot. seems more use full. and on my 2h bar I use Thundering Presence instead of the pet. Ashen grip in medium with, now that I’m 30, 2 heavy Dreugh king slayer. Don’t pvp to much unless I’m shard hunting :). it Absolutly rocks.

30. Archaegeo on May 23, 2015 at 1:04 pm

Finishing this build is on the bottom of Deltia’s to-do list he says.

• Sigmars Blessing on May 25, 2015 at 2:56 am

OH NOOOoooooo’s!!!

31. Looking for Bowjob on June 1, 2015 at 10:32 am

Hi Deltia,

Thank you for sharing this build so far, leveling is FUN! I blast through group dungeons solo, take out world bosses alone and dolmens are too easy 😉

Hopefully you will share a build for PVE too with this monster, I aim to go Arena and other PVE content with this one.

32. Archaegeo on June 2, 2015 at 12:12 pm

Deltia said last night he is not going to continue this build 🙁 RIP Ricochet Sorc, we barely knew ya.

33. Chance on June 3, 2015 at 5:24 am

I hope this is not true I have been playing it a lot and really enjoy it also if you could make one of those skill pics like in other ones so i could tell what passives.

34. Aerowyn on June 3, 2015 at 1:21 pm

If it is true and you will not finish this build please tell us why.
    I suspect they altered some skills and she will no longer function as you first intended.
    Thanks

35. unlord on June 23, 2015 at 5:58 pm

Hey Deltia,

Can you update us if you are planning on finishing this build? If you aren’t can you at least post your recommended set up for end game? Thanks! look forward to more stuff from you.

• Deltia on June 23, 2015 at 6:44 pm

Soon.

• unlord on June 25, 2015 at 1:03 pm

woohoo!

• domesticgrunt on July 1, 2015 at 5:42 am

YESS!! I knew you couldn’t let this awesome build go!

• Kyle Predmore on July 11, 2015 at 8:28 am

Yay just got to lv 48 on my sorcerer on console and this looks soo cool hope to see more

36. vazery on July 1, 2015 at 2:03 am

How do you have 32% of critical and how do you get more?

• Deltia on July 1, 2015 at 10:28 pm

Armor passives, gear and champion points.

37. zanthrin on July 4, 2015 at 6:22 pm

hey deltia i heard in one of the upcoming patches they were going to try to find away to fix bubble/shield sorcerers i imagine they are talking about the shield u get from the 2 handed brawler ability how badly will that effect this build? i currently have a lv 15 using this build as a alt and is super fun and extremely survivable awesome build 🙂

• Deltia on July 6, 2015 at 12:20 pm

Not much as this isn’t a shield stacking magicka sorc.

38. xAnimalistic on July 8, 2015 at 1:11 am

Bro! Playing a warrior in WoW for so long made me start a DK when I came to this game. I wasnt very happy with it. But man this build changed the game for me. Already VR2 and still hoofin it. Thanks man!

• Deltia on July 8, 2015 at 7:26 pm

Ty that feedback is great to hear.

39. JohnV on July 17, 2015 at 12:14 am

Deltia with this build i feel like i run out of stamina very quickly even with 50 points into stamina at VR 5 any suggestions?

• Deltia on July 17, 2015 at 7:17 pm

Do you have full medium armor? All the passives, champ points and a race? Are you playing solo or group? Repentance and Spears you’ll never run out.

40. Some Guy on July 17, 2015 at 11:06 am

Venom Arrow (morph of Bombard | Bow skill line)
    Assuming this should read morph of Poison Arrow.

And it took me entirely too long to figure that out…

41. Sixguns on July 17, 2015 at 11:02 pm

Anxious to see an end game build for this. I’ve put my char (currently VR2) on hold until I see what’s Deltia’s done with his. So many options when choosing skills, especially when each weapon bar only has slots for five powers and there are at least 6 later game “must haves” mentioned in the videos.

42. Danyoru on July 18, 2015 at 11:50 pm

How would you suggest modifying/preparing the build for the upcoming dodge roll and streak nerfs? Loving the build so far and legitimately curious about how the endgame build will work.

• Deltia on July 20, 2015 at 11:31 am

I’ll have more information on that subject once update 7 comes on PTS and I can test some ideas.

43. Pancake720 on July 20, 2015 at 4:41 pm

I may have missed it, but why all wellfited trait?

44. Dejuan Avery on July 21, 2015 at 1:54 am

I can’t wait for more. I know its on the bottom of your list but I hope you can find it in your heart to push it up the list. Based off the comments and how i personally feel. This build is a very viable part of the community. Any Sorc wanting or willing to go stamina are craving for more. I know it will come eventually but please Deltia. Post it soon. Also thank you for your videos. I love everything you do. Even you Army Days. I am currently in the Navy

45. Ryan on July 22, 2015 at 1:05 pm

Hey deltia I really love the look of this stam sorc build, I was just wondering what are the addons you are using during these videos

46. Tafur on July 24, 2015 at 12:37 am

Deltia, I really like this stamina sorc build but I was wondering if my high elf would work for this build too? Im just lvl 15 but I dont want to start from 0 again

47. CrazyCatz on July 30, 2015 at 9:32 pm

I know you have put this build on hold for a bit. I have a level 19 based on this build. She is running Arena and Night’s Silence using 2H sword and bow. Do you think a stamina sorcerer is still viable for IC or should I change her to magic? Thanks for any advice! Love your site!!!

• Kevin on July 31, 2015 at 2:33 pm

With the changes coming with the Imperial city patch, this might be a viable build again. If you go look at Deltia’s Imperial City notes, he explains he might pick this back up.

• Deltia on August 1, 2015 at 12:17 am

Yes and I’ll probably pick it back up.

48. Dominique on August 4, 2015 at 5:11 am

what happened to this build? >.<

49. Wyndd on August 4, 2015 at 6:58 pm

Hey Deltia, are you eventually going to add Streak or Ball of Lightning on this build for some mobility ?

50. Kevin on August 7, 2015 at 1:58 pm

Been using this build from level 1 to veteran 1. Love it so much. Deltias I know you’ve been busy but I hope you can update this soon. But now as a veteran I made some changes and want your opinion. I swapped out clannfear for bound armament. And morph of encase for evil hunter. Became a werewolf but just for passive. I’m also wearing half nights silence and hundings rage. Thoughts?

• Deltia on August 8, 2015 at 12:49 pm

Sounds about right where I was going.

51. Justin Cole on August 9, 2015 at 12:32 am

Would you recommend this build for someone coming from the Velvet Hammer build? I loved the Velvet Hammer but im at V1 atm and it feels as if I dont do a lot of damage for as much as I die.

The in your face sorc with a two hander is a fun playstyle I just dont want to be a burden and not kill things fast enough in groups and solo.

Also whagt the long term goal since I am V1 already if you dont mind me asking.

52. Chris on August 19, 2015 at 1:38 pm

*Is the PvE, or PvP ???*

53. Koviko on August 27, 2015 at 11:36 pm

I was just using the guide and accidentally refreshed and now everything is gone! Is it being updated or this a glitch?

• Deltia on August 28, 2015 at 12:10 am

Just updated it

• Koviko on August 28, 2015 at 1:20 am

So, how does it work with having Twin Slashes and Cleave simultaneously equipped between 1 and 10? Do you just learn Twin Slashes so that it can train passively? Do you have to find two 1H weapons to get access to it?

54. Imrien on August 30, 2015 at 12:38 pm

Hi Del,

First of all, great builds and thanks for the advice. Very curious as to how you see this build comparing to your previous 2H/Bow Ricochet Sorc (basically this guy – http://goo.gl/zxeJA4)? I’m hoping the 2H/Bow version is still viable, since after so many NBs I’m tired of DW and am loving Crit Rush. What, if anything, would you change to keep the 2H/Bow version up to par? Not looking for latest and greatest, just fun and durable PvE.

Thanks again,

Im

55. Falderol on September 2, 2015 at 2:49 am

Dude, you’re killing me. I find one of your builds that I love, I get to about level 25 and then you change everything around on me. I’ll never get to VR1, at this rate.

56. VaizerdX on September 3, 2015 at 10:16 pm

What build would you recomend for puer mage for the new update

• Deltia on September 4, 2015 at 2:28 pm

Maybe Magicka NB.

57. VaizerdX on September 3, 2015 at 10:17 pm

Sorry for spelling error
    I meant to say witch Build would be best for a Mgicka bassed mage with the new update ?

58. VaizerdX on September 4, 2015 at 12:03 am

So what is a good new build for a pure magic build with the new update?

59. CrazyCatz on September 5, 2015 at 7:53 pm

LOL we need to pull Deltia out of IC so he will finish this build. 🙂

60. Ritual-X on September 6, 2015 at 11:33 pm

Hey Deltia! When will you have the final end game build for pve and pvp up on the site? I am really looking forward to this I rolled a sorc redguard just to give this a try and im bah bah bah bah bah loving it so far.

61. Robojam on September 9, 2015 at 9:45 pm

HEy Deltia. Love your site and have turned a few buddies on to it as well. My main question is this…and if you are too busy anyone feel free to answer me.

I started my first charcter based on your original Ricochet Sorc build. Got to level 26. I rerolled to play on another alliance with a buddy who flaked out. So now I am wanting to come back to my Sorceror who I prefered to my Templar.

I rolled a High Elf. How much is a High Elf class gonna hurt me long run if I stick with this build. As far as I can see there is no a single HE passive I want/will need.

Should I just reroll and grind it out since I have already done the story I wanted to see? Or can I just switch focus to this build at 26 and make it work?

Thanks!

• Deltia on September 10, 2015 at 10:41 pm

Reroll for realz

62. Robojam on September 9, 2015 at 11:13 pm

should I reroll if I chose a High Elf Sorceror originally and leveled up to 26 with your original Stam Sorc build? Or just refocus on abilites?

• Robojam on September 9, 2015 at 11:15 pm

oops. Didnt see my OG post and posted a shorter 2nd one. Delete/Ignore this one please. my apologies…My connection has been sketchy and i assumed it never sent. Sorry again

• Deltia on September 10, 2015 at 10:41 pm

Yes reroll Imperial or Redguard.

63. Luca on September 9, 2015 at 11:23 pm

Might be a stupid question, but why do you glyph poison on one of your weapons instead of another weapon damage?

• Deltia on September 10, 2015 at 10:45 pm

Well if I were to redo it, I’d go Lighting damage as it has a chance to proc disintegrate.

64. Jackobous on September 10, 2015 at 12:34 am

So I rolled your original Ricochet Sorceror and leveled him to level 26 as a High Elf. Should I just reroll for the neww weapon skills and passives or just keep going on Night Elf?

• Deltia on September 10, 2015 at 10:46 pm

I’d reroll if you love it.

65. Noobs on September 10, 2015 at 10:21 pm

What’s the difference between the ricochet and toxic tornado?

• Deltia on September 10, 2015 at 10:47 pm

Ones for leveling, ones for end game.

66. Mike on September 11, 2015 at 2:51 pm

What do you think about slotting Rapid Strikes on your bars to allow for weaving medium attacks in PVE content. I love the build, but I’m wondering how to adjust it for end-game pve in order to maximize single target dmg.

67. idh8too on September 12, 2015 at 4:07 am

I love this build, but when I’m in a dungeon or when’s need to pull single target dps, I feel like I’m not doing much damage. When you fight a boss like Molag Kena, what do you do? Spam wrecking blow or is there a combo?

• Deltia on September 12, 2015 at 11:46 pm

Yeah spam WB that easy.

68. KyleD on September 12, 2015 at 5:13 pm

I have a low vet dark elf sorc (not optimal i know but it does provide decent stamina passives) I’ve been running as a Magicka build. I decided to try this build, I really like the aoe grinding and survivability of this build. However, I ran my first dungeon and not to happy with the single target output. This build will be nice for leveling through the veteran ranks and will probably switch back to Magicka later on. Thanks for the awesome build Deltia you help keep this game fresh and keeping me coming back everyday!

69. Sylf on September 13, 2015 at 7:51 am

Can i still use a bosmer for this?

70. Thorn on September 13, 2015 at 8:31 am

I started this build with the original Ricochet wood elf, so i was wondering if it still works with this?

Im level 30 and I really don’t want to start all over again.

71. SI on September 14, 2015 at 8:32 am

Test

72. Seeking A Superior Sorcerer Build in ESOTU | Tamriel on September 15, 2015 at 8:56 pm

[…] outline of the build is on Deltia’s site here; and a selection of other Sorcerer Builds can be found here on the same site. You should check the […]

73. Casiupao on September 16, 2015 at 4:02 am

Deltia, any chance a nb spectre build can have similar survival like sorc critical surge?
    Any plan to update the spectre build? I can’t solo the npc in the IC. not enough heals before they die.

• Deltia on September 16, 2015 at 12:18 pm

Not in the same way but yes, yes I’ll update it though bow DPS is struggling at the moment.

74. Caydor on September 16, 2015 at 6:54 am

Since bow ends up being dropped at end game would you still recommend it in the leveling build or would it b better to tough it out with 2H and DW and save the points? I ask because I haven’t quite hit the level where you switched to Bow and DW in the Ricochet build and would like to confirm before I get much farther.

• Deltia on September 16, 2015 at 12:20 pm

Bow DPS is weaker now with poison damage change to weapon power. Plus DW offers an extra piece of gear to slot and a 28m ranged ability that hits very hard. Right now, I don’t see a reason to use bow in a lot of my stamina builds.

75. Rhonn on September 16, 2015 at 10:52 am

I watched your video and saw your final build. Am I wrong in thinking there’s no self-heal in this build? Crit Rush doesn’t look like it heals, anymore. Is this kind of a “glass cannon” build?

76. Kai on September 16, 2015 at 11:26 am

I was wondering why you chose 7 medium armor over a 5/2 med/heavy or a 5/1/1 split?
    Does the slight increase in stamina reg really benefit you more than an additional tad of armor plus life and mana reg?

• Deltia on September 16, 2015 at 12:21 pm

Regeneration is key even in upper champion points. But yes you could do a 5/1/1 split and get even more damage but you’d lose critical though less self healing. It’s a fine line.

77. izhak on September 16, 2015 at 8:55 pm

Deltia!!! thanks you for update this guid!! i realy love staminna sorc and now i can come back to it!
    i realy love the solo play stayl…
    i hope i will enjoy this build gonna start it right now!

78. Grimscale on September 17, 2015 at 4:00 am

I have been playing a stam sorc since before for a few months, I tend to play several characters so it took a while to get to v14 last night. I code wood elf. At that point in the imp city I lost 10k in hits. Dropping from 32k to 21k. I use Tri stay drink. If I leave the pop zone that going to be more like 16k. Up until this point it functioned ver well but it need to have 20k health in Ove at least. I can’t see how to do this with out loosing a lot of my stamina witch is 22k.
    On my way! Using 3xhelth and 4xstam enchants with stam jewlery. Is ther something Iv missed to get to the stat numbers Iv seen here? I could use food but I think I’d lack the needed sustain in combat if it lasts more 40 secound

79. Grimscale on September 17, 2015 at 4:02 am

Any gramer issue you see above are from autocorrect and me not rereading my post on my cellphone ?

80. Dodging Mullets on September 17, 2015 at 5:32 am

Has anyone done this build with a Khajiit? I’m looking to roll redguard or khajiit. Just wanted to see what peoples opinions were. Mainly the health vs stamina regen as well as the weapon crit increase.

Also Deltia – Love your builds!

• Deltia on September 17, 2015 at 11:51 am

Allegedly it’s great.

81. EpsilonPi469 on September 17, 2015 at 11:30 pm

Deltia,
    I just wanted to say thank you for the hard work you put into these builds. I was playing my stam sorc today and I was having a BLAST. Keep up the wonderful work.

82. Dale on September 18, 2015 at 9:00 am

Would you recommend this build for pvp over a magika based build for a high elf sorcerer? I’m magic now and find myself not nearly as viable one on one as I was before the update

83. puppy on September 18, 2015 at 9:45 am

I’m new to this game and not sure what I’m doing but love the build, my question is does this build work with a bow as second weapon instead of 2 hand weapon

84. Elrob on September 19, 2015 at 10:02 am

Hey. I have gotten to level 38 with this build. I find that I never really use the bow, unless I do just for the hell of it.

I am thinking of switching over to 2H on my back bar (with DW as my main) My DW bar is the same as your “25 to VR1” bar. What should I slot on my 2H bar? I know I will want Rally and to double up Bound Armaments. But what else would work well? Shattering Prison with Brawler? Uppercut?

Thanks! Loving this build so much more now that i have morphed my 4th class skills.

85. Marath on September 19, 2015 at 4:21 pm

Hi Deltia thank you for this amazing built, i really enjoy it, i am vr 1 atm and it works great ,doing a lot of dps. i would like to ask u if u recommend to use bow and high end game dungeons for certain bosses and if yes what would the rotation be. Thanks again

86. Greg on September 21, 2015 at 4:33 pm

Why not swords to up overall weapon damage? Does the ignoring of armor (maces and mauls) result in more damage?

• Kfro (Mod) on September 28, 2015 at 11:26 pm

What happens with ignoring armor makes it so dmg isn’t being reduced by the enemies armor. so it works really well with high resist enemies whereas swords may work better against low resistant armor.

87. Nick on September 23, 2015 at 8:35 pm

I noticed there wasn’t an pros and cons list in thi article like there are on your other builds.
    Care to share those?

• Deltia on September 25, 2015 at 11:53 pm

The only downside is lack of consitant range.

88. keto3000 on September 24, 2015 at 10:26 am

I want “to believe!” I really do, but, I look at the actual “skills/passives that are being used here and the ones being excluded, and, honestly, except for being able to say ‘hey, I’m a stamina sorc’ I don’t see this class/style as very viable. Also, the imp Expert Mage guild passive is available to all classes, not just sorc. The other classes definitely make much more sense, imo, for stamina builds. Sorc class skills are completely irrelvent in this build, save for a very few… doesnt justify all the effort. Still… I’m a loyal & longtime Deltia fan! 🙂

89. MTBarnes on September 24, 2015 at 7:28 pm

With the new Orc racials would the not be a good pick for Melee Stam Sorc? 6% Max Health & Stam, 30% Health Recovery and 4% increased damage with weapon attacks?

90. Staminaman on September 25, 2015 at 10:07 am

Tried this using an altmer at v16.

While i managed around 30-35k AoE dps in gold dungeons, on bosses and single target encounters, i could only manage about 8-10k. Can you give us an idea of your single target DPS numbers? Rotation?

Thanks

• Deltia on September 26, 2015 at 12:38 am

Keep up crit surge and bound armor and wrecking block over and over. Without an ult I can easily get 15k single target on the Blood Spawn.

91. @Darkwon on September 27, 2015 at 2:52 pm

OMG I can’t wait to try out the final build, but I have to tell you the leveling build is a lot of fun! You do some amazing work.

92. Ken on October 1, 2015 at 2:08 am

Whats a more powerful option for pve stam sorc or magic sorc?

93. Elijah on October 1, 2015 at 2:15 am

Is there a leveling guide for this? To show how to get this started? Spec to magic first then respec?

94. Elijah on October 1, 2015 at 2:22 am

Oh god… nm I found it.

• Mastablastah on October 18, 2015 at 3:00 pm

Where??

95. Jimmy on October 1, 2015 at 7:24 am

I’m vet 13 high elf.

Will this build work with a high elf? If so would you make any changes. Or am I waisting my time trying to make it work.

• Kfro on October 1, 2015 at 7:35 am

Ultimately it does work, although not as well if you were rocking a stam race like redguard, imperial or bosmer. All I can say is try it if you want to! No harm in doing that!

96. Ivy on October 2, 2015 at 10:08 am

Hello there Deltia! I’m planning to create my first Imperial stamina sorcerer and can’t be more excited! I do have a question- is there anyway to go Dual Wield/Bow rather than Dual Wield/2-Handed? If so, what would you change?

The idea of a “Spell Archer” has always been in my mind and I’ve been waiting for the opportunity to figure out how to make it effectively. Thanks!

• Kfro on October 2, 2015 at 3:21 pm

Yeah a dual wield bow/bow build would work but then you’d need flying dagger(major brutality) and you won’t have rally for a heal and major brutality, plus 2h has a good execute. I’d suggest doing 2h/bow if you want to still use bow.

97. Jax Brundvandt on October 5, 2015 at 12:03 am

Hey Deltia:
    Did you consider switch flying blade for evil hunter/c.hunter? I know flying b snares but you already have the major brutality with c.surge and for single target you have h.handed so… My point is… Does the extra 20% weapon crit don’t deserve the lost of one snare?

• Deltia on October 5, 2015 at 8:33 pm

In PvE yes.

98. AllBoutDC420 on October 5, 2015 at 6:15 am

How do you think an Argonien would work with it’s race health passives? But love the idea here sounds like this will be the new Stam NB?

• Deltia on October 5, 2015 at 8:37 pm

I prefer magicka NB build.

99. Bryce on October 5, 2015 at 4:12 pm

So I’m running pretty much this exact setup, but I would like to run momentum on my two handed bar. Should I get rid of wrecking blow or executioner?

100. of on October 8, 2015 at 6:20 pm

I’ve been using the majority of this build and I love it!

As a sort of lazy gamer, I’ve kind of stuck with brawler to keep my defense up. However, I have been getting better at weaving, so I’ve been switching weapons from 2h to DW to activate both. Brawler lasts just long enough to let me get whirling blades off when woven together.

I’ve also been using the shadow set with overload. Even at 0 condition, the shadow set provides a really nice heal every ten seconds, brawler serves as my armor mostly, lol. Im only level 25, though. I think im gonna start investing in armor passives soon, and at that point ill have to start repairing my armor, or just wearing drops as they come(im grinding to 50). As an imperial, I have to use stam regen food, and potions though. Which is new for me, my main is a bosmer NB with boatloads of stamina regen.

Anyways, deltia, awesome build man. I really am enjoying this as I take a break from my NB.

101. doug on October 8, 2015 at 9:07 pm

Deltia,

I play ESO on the PS4 and ever since the latest patch, all of my stats are capped in pvp at under 20k except for health. i reset my AP and no matter what attribute i put them in my stats do not increase over i believe 18790 for magika and 17779 for stamina. Health is sitting around 25k i think and 27k when my guild has the emperorship, however food does have an effect. I read the patch notes and didn’t see anything about caps and i’ve been scouring the web for answers. Please please help me out and explain this. before this update at VR10 with my dunmer sorc i had 23k magicka without food. now with food i can barely achieve that. It doesn’t make any sense. Please advise because my character feels completely useless with these stats.

Also i meant to say this cap is only active in PVP and not it’s not the non vet server or anything. I’ve reset my AP multiple times and changed gear and ect. so Idk what it is.

102. Elijah on October 11, 2015 at 4:23 am

If you’re under vet 14 Doug, you’re seeing this cap because of battle level being turned on under your options/gameplay menu. If you turn it off it will take the caps off.

ZOS is changing the battle level a bit tho with Orsinium,

103. Elijah on October 11, 2015 at 4:34 am

I just hit vet 1 on my steam sorc Friday night, I found this build to be heaps more fun to play than my vet 16 magicka based sorc.

I’ve found that their not as squishy and the self heals from the crits are amazing. I made my stam sorc a redgard and I really love this char. I think I even like this build more than the biting harvester.

Thank you Deltia, I look forward to seeing what you come up with next.

104. Chris on October 12, 2015 at 2:02 pm

So if I were to do high end Pve content with this build what abilities should I swap in? (Rally, Evil Hunter, Bow Abilities)

• Deltia on October 13, 2015 at 4:24 pm

All I do is load up sorc abilities, with Evil Hunter, Wrecking Blow, and Executioner and keep up Boundless Armor, Critical Surge and spam WB until 25% health than Executioner. Super easy and good DPS.

105. Chris on October 12, 2015 at 2:04 pm

If I were to do high end PVE content with this build what abilities would I swap in? (Rally, Evil Hunter, Bow Abilities) Also what would I swap them for?

• Kfro on October 12, 2015 at 6:47 pm

The build is going to stay fairly the same but with flawless dawnbreaker on your single target bar for wrecking blow and using meteor over negate. And you will want to keep 2h/dw since bow won’t have high dps. Critical surge acts like the rally because it heals on crits and it grants major brutality and last for 33 seconds. Plus replace streak with evil hunter since streak doesn’t have any dps benefits in pve.

• Chris on October 13, 2015 at 3:13 pm

Thanks. One more question. Could I just keep dawn taker on my single target bar for PVP or is there a reason it’s on the aoe bar?

• Kfro on October 13, 2015 at 3:21 pm

You totally can keep it on your single target bar. The reason why he has it on his aoe bar is because since we do group play pvp, more aoe damage is more beneficial.

106. Anthony on October 12, 2015 at 6:39 pm

This is probably a noon question but, how do you unlock the skills needed for levels 1-10? Would you just open the first 3 skills you have available til you get to those skills?

107. Florian on October 13, 2015 at 12:00 am

Hi,
    I heard that in raids i must have a range weapon and that melee not good is because some bosses do a hard aoe. Is this right?

• Kfro on October 13, 2015 at 3:22 pm

Most people that do trials are melee classes and some of the highest dps is melee.

108. KundaliniHero on October 13, 2015 at 6:18 pm

Hey Deltia, thank you for the awesome guide, it has helped me create a solid platform for my stam sorc, I even rerolled a Redguard, got him up to VR16 and am rocking a solid 4400 wd. My only question is how do you get your stat numbers up so high? I noticed on your character screen it says you have 23k health and 39k stamina (after food). Following your guide and devoting everything to Stamina really gimps my health to the point that I am way under health wise to compete in PVE. Any suggestions and how to increase my health numbers while still following your advice?

• Deltia on October 15, 2015 at 1:57 pm

Undaunted Mettle passives and all legendary gear. Do you have that maxed out yet? It’s a 6% stat boost.

• Mike on October 15, 2015 at 3:04 pm

V16 legendary gear & v16 legendary enchantments go a very very long way. v15 bistat food as well helps.

109. Trashy Ratchet on October 14, 2015 at 11:18 pm

Would love to get some feedback on this dilemma. I don’t have any good dungeon sets yet, so I’ll need to go with crafted gear for now. VR16 is expensive so I will looking to trade between my Stamina based DK and Sorc. Aside from the Hunding’s Rage 5 piece, would I be better off going with a Night’s Silence 4 piece, Night Mother 4 piece, or Ashen grip 4 piece? Or some combo of both? I mainly run around solo or with a partner PvE. Obviously I need to get out and group up with some folks that would be willing to help me out with dungeons to get some better gear, but for now, what do you all think my money and resources would best be spent on to get me the most bang for my buck on both characters? I appreciate the help.

• timmayyy on October 15, 2015 at 4:18 am

I went 5 piece ashen grip and 4 piece nights silence with reduced cost jewelry till i hit vet 1, now im using 5 piece hundings rage and 5 piece ravager set and its working out great for me.
      Im on ps4 if you want to run dungeons. Im always down for them. Psn timmayyyboy

• timmayyy on October 15, 2015 at 4:20 am

The ashen grip procced alot and the crit that you get from both those sets works wonders leveling up if you use steel tornado

110. Chris on October 15, 2015 at 3:41 pm

If I needed more heals should I use vigor? What would I swap it for?

• Kfro on October 15, 2015 at 5:54 pm

There really isn’t any skill you can replace vigor with, possibly executioner but you’ll be using most of abilities on the bar constantly.

• Deltia on October 18, 2015 at 2:29 pm

I swap vigor in place of executioner.

111. Florian on October 16, 2015 at 10:15 am

i am a Dunmer, is it better to go for werewolve to become the 20% more stamina? Or should i make a new char whith redguard?

• Florian on October 16, 2015 at 10:32 am

For the full undaunted mettle bonus, i had to carry 1 light, 1 heavy and 5 Medium armor?

• timmayyy on October 16, 2015 at 11:00 am

Or 5 light, i med, i heavy. Or 5 med, 1 light, 1 heavy. It doesnt matter as long as you have 1 of each. For my templar, i have 5 light, 1 med, and 1 heavy and i have the passive

• Florian on October 16, 2015 at 11:06 am

Okay so for my stamina sorc i take 5 med. Does it matter what pieces of armor?

• timmayyy on October 16, 2015 at 11:43 am

Personally i would use heavy for my chest piece and light for my hand piece if you wanted the undaunted at endgame. The heavy for the chest because youll get the biggest bonus armour rating from it over the other pieces. But its totally up to personal preference.

112. Sam on October 17, 2015 at 9:59 am

Sorry for my stupid quastion. Now i have 5 pieces armor at hundings rage, 2 pieces armor at ashen grip, 1 mace with ashen grip, 1 mace with night silence and 1 mault with night silence but the night silence Bonus is not aktiv, but in your BiS List you have also 1 night silence one hand and 1 night silence in two handed. How does this works?

113. Thomas on October 19, 2015 at 6:48 pm

So, I have a quick question. Would it be viable in end-game to user Greatswords/DW Sowrds instead of hammers? Is there any major difference or requirement for it to be strictly hammers?

• Deltia on October 19, 2015 at 7:33 pm

Hammers have armor penetration swords more damage, so yes.

• Thomas on October 19, 2015 at 8:35 pm

Awesome. I did not know that. Learn something new everyday. Thanks for your response, Deltia! And keep up the awesome guides!

114. Thomas on October 19, 2015 at 6:49 pm

So, I have a quick question. Would it be viable in end-game to user Greatswords/DW Swords instead of hammers? Is there any major difference or requirement for it to be strictly hammers?

115. Andrew on October 22, 2015 at 7:31 pm

I know your busy testing builds, but I would like to know if this build is concurrent with the most recent patches and dlc. Thinking of switching my DE sorc to stam, and am not sure if you have updated this build so far.
    Thank you for your time and patience.

• Deltia on October 22, 2015 at 7:58 pm

Not for PvE like dungeons but everything else yes.

116. DatGuy on October 26, 2015 at 3:25 pm

As for people asking if this build is good for endgame… I have reached 5088 weapon damage, 20k health, and 60% crit with a similar version of this build. You can do INCREDIBLE damage, trust me, even in PvE dungeons.

• DatGuy on October 26, 2015 at 3:29 pm

I am on PS4 so I dont have the numbers, but my magicka Sorc friend burns adds way slower than me… I see it clearly when we burn one ”Mini-Boss” each to test our dps, I burn them way faster than him. Only thing, you are Templar-dependant for the shards/repentance, while the magicka Sorc can Elemental Drain the adds for Magicka sustain.

• timmayyy on October 27, 2015 at 12:07 pm

Thats at vet 16 im assuming? Im on ps4 too leveling mine up as quickly as possible. How did you get the weapon damage that high? Maybe we can swap psn names or something so we can compare and such.

• DatGuy on October 27, 2015 at 6:29 pm

All v16 gold :

Main bar : 2h Maul of Ashen Grip, Sharpened, Weap Dmg enchant

Offbar : 2x 1h Maces of Ashen Grip, Precise, Weap Dmg enchant + Poison dmg enchant

Helm : Ashen Grip, Medium, Infused, Stamina enchant
          Shoulders : Molag Kena, Heavy, Infused, Stamina enchant
          Chest/Pants : Hunding Rage, Medium, Infused, Stamina enchant
          Belt/Gloves/Boots : Hunding Rage, Medium, Divine, Stamina enchant

All jewelry : Agility set, 2x Robust, 1x Healthy, Weapon damage enchant on all

Mundus: Warrior for weapon damage

That setuo gets you to 950 regen, 20k health, 34.5k stamina, 5088 weapon damage, 55% crit (this is all out of Cyrodiil with 270 CP)

117. Allen on October 27, 2015 at 8:32 pm

Of all your builds on this website. What in your honest opinion would be best for mainly PvP focus?

• Deltia on October 28, 2015 at 1:15 pm

Frag Out sorc solo or Richochet stam sorc for group.

118. Nate on October 28, 2015 at 9:45 pm

Hey Deltia, great build. Love your work on this game and dedication you put into builds, streaming is great work too props on that man. Just have a quick question for you, which meteor morph do you recommend for this build? Almost maxed mages guild line just hit v1 2 days ago. Really love this build, having so much fun with it, also dawn breaker is on the way too. XD cheers man take care

• Deltia on October 31, 2015 at 1:30 pm

I like Shooting Star for ultimate return and it does more damage than ice comet if you have a DK using Engulfing flames.

119. Lostman on October 31, 2015 at 11:07 am

I’m having the hardest time playing this build. I would be so grateful if someone would post an updated youtube video showing success with it.

120. Draugnim on October 31, 2015 at 12:58 pm

There seems to be a recent trend to go toward crit.
    You released a crit NB and crit Templar build.
    Would this stamsorc template benefit from going in the same direction with dagger and Night Mother’s, dropping the Nerieneth ?
    Or shall we stick with mace/penetration/nerieneth ?

Aside from this question, many thanks for all the work you are doing and the enlightment you bring to the community.

• Deltia on October 31, 2015 at 4:35 pm

Yeah it’d be great for PvE and I think PvP though I haven’t tested it so I honestly can’t say.

• bladewraith on October 31, 2015 at 7:30 pm

I would think maces and sharpened while stacking weapon power would be best still as sorc have no passive bonus to criticize like Temps and nbs do so automatically if we do a similar build we do 10 pecent less damage as a crit. We do however have a bonus to weapon power which would lead me to believe that we should take the warrior to maximize that. Am I right deltia?

121. bladewraith on October 31, 2015 at 1:53 pm

When will you have the stam sorc build for 2.2 posted? Almost vr16 on mine.

• Deltia on October 31, 2015 at 4:52 pm

Yes once I beat Maelstrom.

122. Draugnim on October 31, 2015 at 4:13 pm

Seems my post did not make it though to the site.

With the recent trend toward crit build, should this stamsorc move to crit too with dagger and Night Mother’s ?

123. Shazzamx on November 24, 2015 at 11:33 pm

I am curious regarding mundus stones and gear in the latest update. I know you have the two mundus stone set on some of your other builds, so I am wondering about that for this one (I am using thief over shadow due to surge and briarheat atm, but am in doubt). Also I do not have access to all the badass gear you and other dedicated gamers have. I have however gotten my hands on a 5 set Briarheart (jewelry and 2 armors) I am running that with 5x Hunding and 2x daggers (night mothers) with precise and I have 90.3 crit chance dualwielding. The Briarheat proc seem to go off constantly, also since it can proc off the lightning from our thunder forms. Anyway I hope you can give an indepth description or a link to a webpage. Love your work btw 🙂

• Deltia on November 26, 2015 at 1:09 am

I don’t understand what information you’re looking for? I’ll update this in the next few days but I’m using Twice Born Star with Thief/Shadow.

• Shazzamx on November 30, 2015 at 9:25 pm

Thanks Deltia, so dual mundus stones for sat. sort as well thanks a lot, that was the info I needed. Sorry for my rambling I get carried away. I can’t wait for your update, I saw your maelstrom video and notice you are using different skills etc. It looked awesome.

• etur0 on December 21, 2015 at 7:13 am

How do you have such high crit chance

124. Sigvaldr on December 8, 2015 at 9:16 am

I noticed this build is starting to fall into a state of totally being obsolete. Deltia, is the Toxic Tornado still relevant, or, would I just be better re-rolling a toon and going your Umbra Maelstrom/Umbra PvE route?

I’m an Imp Sorc following this build atm, stam DW tornado, which do you think would net higher dps in the current meta? And, are you going to update or re-do the Toxic Tornado?

• Deltia on December 9, 2015 at 1:57 pm

Oh no it works great. I have a video of Veteran Maelstrom Arena doing big damage.

I think DW with Maelstrom Daggers and Rapid Strikes will be better DPS than Two Hander though I don’t know. Either way the build still rocks and I play it every week for the Weekly Maelstrom rewards. Close to 400,000 score but not quiet as I play my mag sorc more.

125. Sigvaldr on December 8, 2015 at 9:20 am

Also, should I stick to Hunding’s or go Twice-Born Star dropping Ner? I’m stuck in a gear/stat limbo. Losing Ner seems like losing massive aoe dps/speed, but you seem to be adopting Twice-Born in most of your builds, at least as of 2.2

• Deltia on December 9, 2015 at 1:57 pm

Stick with Hundings.

126. SigvaldrX on December 8, 2015 at 11:10 pm

Deltia, I’ve been posting comments on asking advice on this build, but you’ve been deleting them?

127. SigvaldrX on December 8, 2015 at 11:11 pm

Disregard the most recent comment! For some reason, my comments aren’t showing up! Sincerest apologies and keep up the good work!

• Deltia on December 9, 2015 at 2:03 pm

Sorry if it’s your first post on site I have to approve so I don’t get spam comments.

128. draugnim on December 14, 2015 at 10:00 am

In the maelstrom run video for the Ricochet build we can see in the repair report between round that you are weilding Twice Born Star + Engine Guardian.
    Weapons are 2H sword and DW daggers but may I ask what traits are you using on those daggers and 2H sword ?

129. Josh on December 20, 2015 at 7:04 pm

Hey Deltia, been a fan of your videos for awhile now. I created the omega Templar as my main and absolutely love it, although I’m a dark elf instead of high elf. My question is this. I wanna create your ricochet build because it looks amazing, I have a 30 imperial sorcerer now, would it be beneficial to start over as a redguard?

• Deltia on December 21, 2015 at 7:00 pm

In some aspect yes, but Imperial is great too for max health and health on attacks.

130. Jabacasm on December 24, 2015 at 6:01 pm

Just a cool idea for your sorc build: try adding “Retreating Maneuver” to your “Overload” bar. It’s super handy when you’re leveling. You get to move around the map MUCH faster without having to sacrifice an ability on your bar. This is especially cool because Sorcs don’t really have a bunch of great “spam” options for stamina your “Overload” bar. In addition, I was wondering why you didn’t maybe use “Silver Bolts” instead of “Flying Blade”. FB gives you Major Brutality, but it’s not needed. “Critical Surge” gives you like 33 seconds of Major Brutality. If you grab SB instead, you get an aoe ranged attack that could stun/knockdown daedra and do bonus damage against them. Your thoughts?

131. Jabacasm on December 24, 2015 at 6:10 pm

I probably should have mentioned that one of the biggest benefits to having retreating maneuver on your overload bar is that you only need like 60 ultimate to be able to access the bar. That’s easy. I can probably count the number of times on my one hand that I didn’t have enough ult to cast RM. Even then, I’d just hit a mudcrab and be golden.

I normally just activate overload then mount up and run from objective to objective. It even helps with just getting around in a dungeon. It’s a 40% movement speed buff, it’s always useful. The reason why I like it more than Boundless Storm is that, as a stamina sorc, I prefer to have Thundering Presence anyways. But more importantly, you can cast RM on a horse, giving you stupid mount speeds.

132. Isaiah Zito on December 26, 2015 at 1:38 am

Deltia, I have a quick question? For the two-hander part of the build, would the Maelstrom arena 2-h Maul be a good match for the build? Or is there a better option? Thank you for your time!

133. Woogy Wonky on December 27, 2015 at 11:37 am

Hey Deltia, love the builds. Currently leveling Khajiit with shadow/dw precise daggers, love the damage output. I’m about to hit v1 and am trying to work out if now is the time to switch from bow to 2h. Did you think dw is enough to carry whilst I level 2h or would you recommend leaving it for a bit? Secondly, thoughts on Crit Surge replacing wrecking blow so that evil hunter can sit on dw bar? What about caltrops for sustained aoe? Would love to hear your thoughts, great build though mate, loads of fun.

134. DF on January 12, 2016 at 9:45 pm

The aoe build is nice, and the heals on crits with crit surge is unbelievable. This is not to criticize you – credit to you for recognizing this build. However, it is way overpowered and ruining pvp. Most of pvp is now made up of steel tornado zergs.
    Crit Surge skill should only apply to single target attacks, or even light/heavy weapon attacks. It gives away too much – and where heals like the dk inhale don’t even do anything close to this with only a 3 target max (not crying for dk’s btw -just making the point). I remember making a sorc that tanked and healed of the dot crits of lightning form and lightning splash. Of they nerfed the dot heal, but should have also nerfed the aoe damage part of Crit Surge as well.
    The only reason to not completely get rid of this on aoe damage is the fact that so many ppl have made this build now that many might get upset – otherwise, it is ruining pvp – as most aoe damage has since the start. Steel tornado itself is overpowered, even without the crit surge damage and heal – the 15 meter range is beyond anything that any other class has in the game as far as mobile aoe – most of them are cast in one location or are only in front of the char.
    You do an awesome job with your site and videos – helping many, many players.
    In suggesting steel tornado should be nerfed – I think it should be gotten rid of completely and replaced with a dual wield charge – dw doesn’t have one. Thanks!

• Deltia on January 18, 2016 at 7:58 pm

I agree about the Steel Tornados even though I’ve done my fair share of spamming. Make stam/mag even by changing the range and removing the execution and you’d see a lot less.

135. DF on January 15, 2016 at 7:06 pm

Why did you remove my post that mentioned how aoe is ruining pvp? Am I right?

• Deltia on January 18, 2016 at 8:04 pm

I did not, takes me a minute to approve comments.

136. Thornz on February 8, 2016 at 12:55 am

On my stamina sorc I have a much harder time generating ultimate vs my magika sorc what am I doing wrong?

• Deltia on February 8, 2016 at 1:02 pm

Light attacking?

• Thornz on February 8, 2016 at 2:16 pm

I use bow and duel wield my primary attack is aoe scorched earth liquid lightning shamelessly spam steel tornado with boundless and crit surg up, I use venomous arrow and switch between draining shot and snipe a lot for single target along with sometime mages wrath and c frags When stamina is low at first I tried absorption field and I might get enough ultimate after hours of playing to use once overload maybe once in a group dungeon I can use it with my magika sorc who is much lower level overlord I can cast at least once per fight if it’s a boss 2-4 times

137. FishFuz on February 9, 2016 at 12:41 pm

Yo im wondering if this build is still gonna work with High elf, I just cant be fucked starting over on another sorc when im vr5 now, plz help me out i got around 150 cp Ps4 Ad Eu

• Deltia on February 9, 2016 at 5:29 pm

It will work, just not as good as a stamina race. At end game I played a High Elf stam sorc and it was fine.

138. Stunna99 on February 19, 2016 at 2:10 pm

Deltia,
    After I put 100 points into health recovery, where should I put the rest of my warrior points?

• Deltia on February 19, 2016 at 5:47 pm

I don’t put any points into heath recovery, but mooncalf is better option.

139. Stunna99 on February 19, 2016 at 5:48 pm

Deltia,
    First off I would like to say thank you for this build. I’m Vr8 with 305 champion points and I absolutely love the damage and survivability of this build. I’m imperial and I have 100 points into quick recovery and now it says that’s the max. Where should I put my future warrior points?

Thanks again.

• Deltia on February 19, 2016 at 10:24 pm

Elemental defender and Hardy.

140. irate_x01 on February 28, 2016 at 8:26 pm

I think i might try this build out. Im looking for something new to play. I’m getting a little board with my templar and don’t know if i want to invest in v16 armor for him or try something new. I started a stam dk and am finding it lackluster. I do love my magicka sorc so maybe this will be a fun new way to start a new toon.

141. Ethan on March 3, 2016 at 10:03 am

Hi, Deltia. Will you update this build for 2.3?

142. HuterRowley on March 4, 2016 at 5:15 pm

Hey, love the build, my first Vet. Wouldn’t at least one champion point in ‘perfect strikes’ be really useful for the crit chance? I’m having a hard time with survivability.

• Deltia on March 4, 2016 at 6:23 pm

Sure, but survivablity comes from Crit Surge with massive self healing.

• HunterRowley on March 4, 2016 at 6:52 pm

Thanks for the quick response! Would perfect strikes increase my crit chance therefore increasing how often I heal? I am still vet 2 and so don’t have any of the gear that increases crit chance yet.

• Deltia on March 5, 2016 at 2:23 pm

No read the effect, it’s crit damage.

143. Ki113r on March 10, 2016 at 7:50 am

Loving your stam sorc build, great work my man! Got bored with magicka sorc and enjoying playing eso again. Killing V16s at V2 right now. Would you suggest caltrops for good cc and anti NB, along with negate ult as a combo, and swapping up exe with vigor for that added HoT during combat? Or would u not sacrifice range and an execution skill? (haven’t had a chance to try those quite yet!). Thanks.

• Deltia on March 10, 2016 at 2:09 pm

Stamina has taken a monster hit in Thieves Guild patch. You can still use that combo, but I’m hitting about half as hard now with CP changes.

144. MayorEZ on March 14, 2016 at 8:19 pm

So initially you used a Bosmer for this build because of racials but now you recommend using a Redguard or Imperial? What changed from before? Thank you!

145. Jimmy Skulls on March 18, 2016 at 7:30 pm

This build is awesome! Being a vampire, I’m curious: what are your thoughts on imperial passives for max health and stamina, as well as the chance to restore even more health with attacks that don’t require a crit?

146. Woogy Wonky on March 21, 2016 at 10:06 pm

Hey D, question mate: What are your thoughts of swapping out sheer venom set for the Briarthorn set? Increased healing off crits + weapon damage + Shadow and Precise for increased crit damage could possibly out weigh the poison proc? Just wondering if you’ve considered it or ran the numbers before I commit to grinding for a particular set (currently at 2 of each…)

147. Fongshu on April 6, 2016 at 9:43 pm

Hey man love all the hard work you have done these guides and your vids are just really well thought out.

What does one have to do to become a member of one of your guilds?

148. liberty on April 19, 2016 at 8:01 am

So i was thinking would this be a cool build for an orce in pvp? Im just thinking from the sheer movement speed increase it would be the fastest guy on the battlefield

149. Chris on April 23, 2016 at 5:39 pm

Sorry deltia, I don’t understand how critical rush turns into a execute? So you have executioner, that activates the poison but how does critical rush or duel wield? Thanks

• Deltia on April 23, 2016 at 6:47 pm

Executioner on your bar makes all 2h abilities hit harder the lower the HP the target. Thus making Crit Rush essentially a execute ability. Try getting a mob to 20% health and hitting it. Then do it again at 100% health.

150. Corsenna on April 27, 2016 at 3:55 pm

I just got a stam-sorc to v1 and put together an almost identical build, only major differences are I use the Overload ultimate (I want Dawnbreaker but haven’t leveled Fighters Guild enough yet), my equipment is 5pc Twice Born (for both note weapon power and crit) 3/4pc Hunding’s for more crit.

• Thornzz on April 27, 2016 at 7:55 pm

Find a good grind spot with lots of undead to rank up your fighters guild fast

151. Gideon Stormblade on May 1, 2016 at 3:21 am

Hey D!
    I run stam sorc I am recently returning to eso after a little break and I am getting back into pvp. I am trying to maximize my bar capacity and just wondering for pvp usage could you sustain yourself in pvp just using crit surge as your heal or would you also have rally or vigor?

• Deltia on May 2, 2016 at 11:55 am

Depends, you need at least one on demand heal. Usually I ditch either rally or vigor for Crit Surge and dont us both. Since rally can burst heal not a HoT, I prefer that.

152. Invader on May 2, 2016 at 8:55 am

I have a wood elf vr1 stamsorc. Skills are: Bow- 1.Venom arrow 2.Arrow barrage 3.Focused aim 4.Evil hunter 5.crit surge U.Soul magic ulti
    DW- 1.Rapids 2.Flurry 3.Steel tornado 4.Evil hunter 5.Crit surge U.Devouring swarm
    Mundus stone-theif

Any other ideas?

• Deltia on May 2, 2016 at 2:11 pm

Well what is this for? PvE/PvP or solo?

• Invader on May 2, 2016 at 4:50 pm

Probably more PVP. I almost have vigor and when I get that I’m taking off Rapids

153. Draugnim on May 4, 2016 at 5:42 pm

In the Dark Brotherhood patch, Executionner is changed and will not bring extra damage versus low health target anymore to all 2H weapon abilities. As a result, they will not be considered an execute anymore which should impair the 5p bonus of the Sheer Venom set.
    In regard to this, shall we drop the sheer venom and look for another set or will it still be viable ?

• Deltia on May 6, 2016 at 1:06 pm

I would still keep this. I’d drop Sheer Venom for Hunding’s Rage or until I find a suitable replacement.

154. Mike on May 8, 2016 at 2:36 am

Alright deltia I know I ask lots of dumb questions on diffrent topics and you answer them… thank you. I’ve been reading forum notes on stamina sorcs and they are getting blasted. I enjoy the play style and like lightning. But if they are that bad and have been for awhile are they worth playing?

• Deltia on May 9, 2016 at 10:07 am

They are fine in PvP and most applications in PvE. No you won’t be #1 DPS, but you can survive nearly anything because of crit surge.

155. Michael Moore on May 23, 2016 at 8:23 pm

With dark brotherhood I think sheer should be swapped with pal’s aptitude… It’s a regen set but 5 pc bonus makes your spell and weapon damage the same.. Any thoughts?

• Deltia on May 24, 2016 at 7:23 pm

What would be the benefit of Pal? Yes you could cast frags, but that won’t really help this build per say. Sheer Venom also got a massive nerf too so I’ll be looking at doing an update.

156. Adam on May 29, 2016 at 10:13 pm

Hi deltia, which is better Stam sorc crit build? Or Stam NB crit build?

Pros and cons please..