Welcome to the Ricochet Stamina Sorcerer build with two version, one for leveling and one for end game designed for all around performance.
Table of Contents
The goal of this build is to make an AoE monster (Area Damage) for Imperial City. With the combination I’ve tested (thanks Dyride) this might be the most over powered stamina AoE build to date. Lighting Tornado is back…..
- Dark Magic – Encase which immobilizes enemies which you can nuke down with Brawler or Steel Tornado Early on. Next is Dark Exchanged morphed to Dark Deal, trading magicka for stamina giving you a nice self heal too.
- Daedric Summoning – Unstable Familiar morphed into Clannfear gives you a much needed self heal to start the game. The next is a major DPS increase via Bound Armor morphed to Bound Armaments giving more max stamina.
- Storm Calling – Lighting Form morphed into Thundering Presence will scale off of stamina in Update 7 and provide armor. Surge morphed into Critical Surge will give us much needed Major Brutality and healing!
- Two Handed – The only skill I use is Brawler for an early AoE and defense. After I get Dual Wield leveled up, I drop this for Bow.
- Dual Wield – Once I get Steel Tornado I then use Encase immobilize the mobs and range them down from 12.5 meters away.
- Bow – I like the bow for range and solid DPS early on. I go with Poison Inject for a stamina finisher, Bombard for a ranged AoE/Immobilize and Lethal Arrow for my spammable attack.
- Dark Magic – Unholy Knowledge gives us reduced cost and that’s about all I invest in here.
- Daedric Summoning – Power Stone is the only thing I take and the reduced ultimate cost and bats makes a great combo while leveling.
- Storm Calling – Disintegrate is okay while using until Update 7 brings weapon power to Expert Mage and then, wow stambo rambo.
- Two Handed – I honestly wouldn’t invest in anything here unless you plan on using Rally for healing/buff and Brawler for AoE.
- Dual Wield – Controlled Fury for cost reduction and slaughter for Steel Tornado damage.
- Bow – Ranger for reduced cost and Long Shot for more damage at range.
- Medium Armor – Wind Walker is a must early on, than later Agility for max damage. Once I free up skill points, start taking the rest.
- Race – Everything…
- Race – 1) Redguard if you plan on doing melee, 1a) for more sturdy Imperial 3) Khajiit for more self healing focused Crit Surge build.
- Attributes – All stamina keep it easy.
- Mundus Stone – Weapon Power or for more self healing, Shadow.
- Gear – I went with 5 Hunding’s Rage (weapon power) 3 Ashen Grip. all medium for reduced cost and regeneration.w
- Vamp/WW – I love Vampire on my Sorc for the self-healing lower cost Ultimate Devouring Swarm. I got it at level 25 and had bats mid 30s and everything became much easier. Though it has major downsides, so if you have low Champion Points or unfamiliar with vamp, stay away from it.
- Food – Tri-stat food isn’t a bad option when you’re starting out. Drinks for later PvP, but max health saves me from a lot of unwarranted deaths.
Make a self reliant stamina Sorcerer build that can play solo, group, AoE, single target, PvP and PvE. It’s a lofty goal, but I think we pulled it off!
Dual Wield (Hammers)
- Flying Blade (morph of Hidden Blade | Dual Wield skill line) – Ranged DPS on demanding, eliminating the need to have a bow. Not to mention, it hits extremely hard, snares and gives Major Brutality buff.
- Thundering Presence (morph of Lighting Form | Storm Calling skill line) – Major resistance (spell and physical) also speed and a great source of damage if maintained.
- Bound Armaments (morph of Bound Armor | Daedric Summoning skill line) – 8% max stamina and 11% more damage on heavy attacks, yeah it’s the source of our monster stamina numbers.
- Critical Surge (morph of Surge | Storm Calling skill line) – Another buff for Major Brutality though this is superior as it makes critical hits heal for 60% of damage inflicted AND last 33 seconds in Update 7!
- Steel Tornado (morph of Whirlwind | Dual Wield skill line) – Hands down the best AoE in the game, combined with Sheer Venom set giving this build a 100% execute that does poison damage over time. Truly amazing AoE.
- [Ultimate] Flawless Dawnbreaker (morph of Dawnbreaker | Fighters Guild skill line) – 8% weapon damage for having this slotted and a great AoE damage ultimate, it’s a must have on a stamina build.
Two Handed (Maul)
- Critical Rush (morph Critical Charge | Two Handed skill line) – A guaranteed critical making it a powerful self heal on demand.
- Streak (morph of Bolt Escape | Storm Calling skill line) – A way to create space, stun and escape perfect for Imperial City. I use this to Streak past enemies, turn and Crit Rush, rinse and repeat for big time self healing (with Surge active).
- Bound Armaments (morph of Bound Armor | Daedric Summoning skill line) – Same as above, double bar so it doesn’t turn on/off.
- Wrecking Blow (morph of Uppercut | Two Handed skill line) – This is nice to have on as a source of single target, spammable damage for boss fights or up close on enemy players. Combine this with Critical Rush for massive burst damage.
- Executioner (morph of Reverse Slash | Two Handed skill line) – Another trick giving every Two Handed ability the power of execute (remember Sheer Venom?). Now even Critical Rush can cause poison damage.
- [Ultimate] Suppression Field (morph of Negate Magic | Dark Magic skill line) – A PvP game change, removing effects in the area such as ultiamtes AND granting minor protection. You can’t beat this ultimate in a zerg v zerg fight.
- Nerien’eth’s – Obtained in Crypt of Hearts which received a major buff. This procs off nearly all of our damage adding to our AoE Juggernaut damage.
- If you don’t have helm, run a 5 piece Hunding’s Rage and a 3 piece Ashen Grip for good performance.
- Agility Jewelry Set – Obtained from Vetearn Bosses, Treasure Vaults and sold from other players. This is the major source of statistical performance in Update 7.
- Night’s Silence Set – Two trait craftable set with a powerful two piece bonus. The difference between VR14 Master Weapons to Vr16 craftable is a big performance boost.
- Sheer Venom – Obtained in Imperial City Prison (VR15 Normal / VR16 Veteran mode). Monster weapon damage for 2/3 bonuses and executable poison proc….wow.
- Hunding’s Rage – A six trait craftable set that is a great alternative until you get Sheer Venom (which I currently use as I writ this guide).
- Might (the Ritual) – Pump this up for more physical Damage.
- Precise Strikes (the Ritual) – More critical damage, more self healing, great combination.
- Quick Recovery (the Lord) – More self healing that applies to Critical Surge bonus.
- Warlord (Tower) 45% / Mooncalf (the Lover) 45% / Tumbling (the Shadow) 10% split for resource management.
- Werewolf and Vampire – Werewolf has little value for my purposes as the ultimate might do a lot of damage, but I love the control of Negate. I experimented with Vampire and loved Devouring and Clouding Swarm for HUGE damage, but didn’t enjoy fire damage in PvE. You’re choice, but I’d go Vampire if anything.
- Race – Redguard for sustained and max damage, Imperial for all around and more sturdy build and Khajiit for burst PvP/self healing. Can it work with something else? Sure, but if you don’t have 10% max stamina or critical, you’ll be lack significant damage.
- Attributes – All stamina, if you need more health (say 20,000) enchant with health glyphs or get healthy jewelry.
- Mundus Stone – Weapon Power or for more self healing, Shadow.
- Food/Drink – Bi Stat food for pure maximum damage, bi-stat drink if you’re Imperial for great sustained or tri-stat food if you’re using Dark Conversation of resource management.
- Weapon Traits – Sharpen gives great all around benefit, but a Khajiit rocking two Precise Daggers might produce extraordinary results with the Shadow Mundus stone.