One of the questions that keeps popping up “what’s Best Race and Class Choices in The Elder Scrolls Online?” This really depends on what class and what role you want to play. If you want the really short answer, this post is for you.
Update for ESO 2.2
[Last updated July 18, 2016]
|Class||Magicka DPS||Stamina DPS||Healer||Tank|
Ultimate race doesn’t make your build, its’ your skill, your time spent investigating and constantly improving. However, there’s some math behind these racial choices and they will effect your performance. When we tested it in this video, you’re looking at around 5-10% more benefit. In the end, pick what you like, while it makes a difference it won’t make or break your build, YOU will.
- For magicka DPS, High Elf vs Dunmer is a very controversial choice. Essentially you’re trading a little more damage (in Dunmer) for better resource regeneration in High Elf. I prefer High Elf on everything BUT Dragonknight.
- For tanking, Nord is now getting stamina in ESO 2.5 update, they already have health and the powerful damage reduction making them a go-to for most tanks. Imperial is also a good choice for the pure massive stats and flexibility if you play other roles, while Argonian Nigthblade makes a juggernaut tank.
- For pure healing, I still like Breton though a case can be made for High Elf and a small one for Argonian in the next change.
- For PvP, I love stamina Khajiit for ganking, Orc for speed and Redguard/Wood Elf for massive sustain (especially in non-champion points campaigns). For magicka builds, I prefer Breton over High Elf for the spell resistance which helps if you’re playing vampire.
Best choice for flexibility, Dunmer, Imperial, Argonian.
Most have power combos
- Dunmer Dragonknight DPS (or PvP)
- Nord Dragonknight Tank
- Redguard or Khajiit for stamina DPS
- Orc for solo PvP is a must!
- High Elf Nightblade for DPS
- Argonian Nightblade for Tanking
- Khajiit Nightblade for PvE DPS or PvP
- Orc for Stamina Sorc for PvP and Khajiit for PvE DPS
- High Elf magicka Sorc for PvE and/or Breton Dunmer for PvP
- Breton Templar for healer (or Argonian for PvP healer)
- Dunmer for pure magicka DPS or High Elf for sustained
- Imperial for Tanking due to massive damage shield (blazing shield)
- Redguard for sustained stamina DPS, Khajiit for PvE Trials and Orc for solo PvP stamina