Psijic Ambrosia Crafting Guide

Wondering how to craft the coveted XP potion boosters? Check out our Psijic Ambrosia Crafting Guide here.

Video Link

Psijic Ambrosia Flow Chart

Psijic Ambrosia Flow Chart

The above flow chart gives you an idea of what you’ll need in order to craft a Psijic Ambrosia Potion.

1) You’ll need seven Psijic Ambrosia Recipe Fragments that come from crafting writs.

2) You’ll need three ingredients, Brevez Juice, Frost Mirriam (obtained through provisioning) and Perfect Roe (obtained through fishing only).

Once you’ve obtained seven frags and the ingredients, boom XP potion.  Let me give you some helpful ideas to speed things up.

Fragment Farming – If you didn’t want my Provisioning Power-leveling, now’s a good time to start (here).  I now have multiple characters with 50 provisioning because only through these writs can you obtain one of the seven fragments needed to complete the recipe.  So let’s say you watched the video (and click like 🙂 and you’re wondering, “now what?”  Provisioning Writs are possibly the easiest to turn in because the same six potions and food appear on every writ.  So stock up on these recipes and keep them on each character for a quick turn it. Note that for the highest lvl writs your character has to be at least veteran rank 1.

Drinks

Food

Those complete provisioning writs will also give you the two other ingredients needed to craft your XP potion.  So now it’s just down to Perfect Roe which comes from fishing (full guide on site).

Fishing just requires bait which you can find all over the places.  Visit a fishing hole, select the proper bait and fish.  Once you catch the fish, then you fillet the fish (just like you would refine ore for blacksmithing) and bang you have a chance at getting a Perfect Roe.  It’s honestly that simple.

The problem with obtain the potion is the fragments.  I highly recommend working together as guild, team or whatever in order to piece together all seven of these.  With four characters running provisioning every single day, I’ve yet to get one fragment.  I hope this simple guide helps so thanks for reading!

1. TLP on June 25, 2015 at 11:42 am

If you have Provisioning 50, do you get a chance to receive the recipes if you’re low level and you don’t receive the quest to craft the VR5 stuff?

2. TLP on June 25, 2015 at 8:16 pm

Thanks!
    So theoretically you could have a bunch of level 1’s doing the basic 1st writs and still have a chance to the recipe. 🙂

• LillyAngel on July 9, 2015 at 12:16 pm

This is just one of the things i love most about ESO, freedom of doing stuff. The fact that you can craft V14 gear and be just level 1 or whatever is amazing ( after investing points into a particular craft of course). Jut love it.

3. Lucas yamaguchi on June 26, 2015 at 8:37 am

Hey deltia, I was wondering if you’re able to use the nightblade ability “double take” while mounted. Thanks for all the work you put into this and I’ll see ya!

• Cadacosa on June 26, 2015 at 3:12 pm

Hi Lucas Yamaguchi,

Yes you can use “double take” but you need to activate the skill while dismounted, then mount and ride with double take. If “double take” wears off you’ll need to dismount and re-activate.

Take care,
      cadacosa

• Deltia on June 28, 2015 at 4:30 am

I don’t think so.

4. michael on June 29, 2015 at 2:07 am

I bought the recipes that you had listed above. Got to level 50 provisioning. Got my first provisioning writs and the 2 that were requested was not any of the above recipes. What did I do wrong?

• Deltia on June 29, 2015 at 12:06 pm

Strange, did you abandon them before you leveled to 50?

• Michael on June 29, 2015 at 3:17 pm

no, I actually have several leveling provisioning. One is actually 50. Another is 45. Others are lower. I have one toon (not level 50 provisioning) that is V14 and not one single character has those writ recipes requested. Do you have to be at level 50 provisioning AND veteran level? I’m getting writs like … Baked Potatoes and Red Rye Beer.

• cztim on June 30, 2015 at 5:00 pm

yes, the provisioning writyou do after hitting level 50 provisioner is a function of the character level. i have 2 characters in the 20s that are level 50 provisioners and they always turn in Eastmarch. my VR1 level 50 provisioner splits where he turns in his quest so not even he always uses the same 6 items. bottom line, the recipies are all green so cheap to buy off of the guild merchants.

• Michael on July 4, 2015 at 5:21 pm

I now have 6 characters in at level 50 provisioning – one vr14. Once I got them to level 50. They are getting the same recipes for writs none of which are the ones that are mentioned in this post. It doesn’t matter but you might want to wait until you get to provisioning level 50 to see what recipes will be required. You’re right though. They were easy to obtain. I have one character that cooks up 4 provisions at a time. She’s my supplier for the other characters.

• Darquer on July 4, 2015 at 9:02 pm

Is your Recipe Improvement higher than 1?

• Deltia on July 6, 2015 at 12:22 pm

Doesn’t need to be.

5. Michael on July 6, 2015 at 12:28 pm

I now have all 8 characters at provisioning level 50. I can confirm that all 8 characters consistently get the same recipe writs – all of which are different from the above recipes suggested by Deltia. It must be an account wide setting. Who knows. Still, I appreciate Deltia’s hard work in creating this guides.

6. Chris on July 10, 2015 at 6:00 am

Just to correct some of that above info Deltia,

Those 6 Recipes above are correct, but only if –

1) you have reached Level 50 Master Provisioner status
    2) you have expended at least two skill points in Recipe Quality (2/4)
    3) you have expended all skill points in the Recipe Improvement tree (6/6)
    4) you have to be VR1 or above. Reason below.

Im running three Provisioners, 1 x VR14, 1 x VR1 and 1 x L22. The VR14 always gets the above recipes, the VR1 does now (but only after I spent the Skill Points in Recipe Improvement, before that they were different recipes) and both characters are picking up their writs in Craglorn.

The L22 is maxxed out at Level 50 as a Master Provisioner, has skill points vested into every Provisioning tree skill, but still only picks up recipes scaled to the Level of the Character <- this is why the writs never ask for the above recipes because they are all Level 50 Recipes.

Yes there's still a chance of getting recipe fragments; but not as much as the VR characters have.

• Michael on July 11, 2015 at 4:11 pm

You’re right. Just to experiment, I topped off the improvement and quality in my VR14 character this morning and sure enough, the requested recipes were from Deltia’s list. In another note, I noticed that a character that leveled to 28 last night suddenly got different recipes requested than she had been having previously without changing anything in the provisioning skill tree (all 8 characters are at lvl 50 provisioning. This is all helpful information. Thanks for your addition, Chris.

• Dss on September 10, 2015 at 9:30 am

Doesn’t it also depend on faction?

7. Brandy on August 2, 2015 at 6:30 pm

Does it matter what city ypu do the writ in? I’m playing in the Aldmeri Dominion.

• Deltia on August 2, 2015 at 9:24 pm

It matters what your overall provisioning level is.

8. andy on August 15, 2015 at 3:06 pm

PS4 eso player here… Do any of your add-ons calculate the % of perfect roe found from filleting your fish? If so, what has been your perfect roe drop rate? If not, ask your add-on buds to add it… (-:

Thanks for the awesome site! Keep up the great work!

• Deltia on August 16, 2015 at 10:26 pm

That I do not know.

• Crasp on August 18, 2015 at 2:03 pm

I have gotten 3 perfect roes from between 2 and 4 hours fishing. I have read that you have 0.8% chance of getting perfect roe by fileting a fish.

• Josh on February 12, 2016 at 4:23 pm

From what I’ve found and what other people are saying on other forums the rate is about 1% I’ve only found three in about 315ish since I’ve been keeping track of

9. Guitargod42069 on August 25, 2015 at 1:59 pm

Kinda new here so sorry for sounding noobish.. but I have my main (lvl 44 in AD) at lvl 50 provisioning with every skill maxed out… I’m only getting writs I have to drop off in Malabal Tor.. no recipe frags yet… how long does it take to get other characters maxed at provisioning because I’ve been doing writs for 2 weeks taking them to Malabal Tor and nothing…I have such a stockpile of ingredients but no recipe frags. If I use my lvl 3 mules for the writs and max their provisioning, is that gonna take me the 2 years it’s gonna take to find one recipe frag? Help a noob out please 🙂

• Shiro Yasha on September 10, 2015 at 12:12 am

You need to be Veteran 1 and above to get to craglorn, which opens higher level writs.

10. Teslonn7 on September 2, 2015 at 7:54 pm

All very good info. I also have not done 6/6 as i don’t have legendary Recp to make. Can anyone tell me if by spending that point I may get a legendary Recp as reward for writ? Otherwise dont know why I would spend it.

• Mmhb99 on September 6, 2015 at 11:10 am

The only legendary recipe is psijic ambrosia. The 6/6 allows you to make vr5 and up recipes, which are the max writ lvl recipes. And you can get greens, blues or purples as rewards. Psijic ambrosia is a gold recipe, but the fragments that make it up are purple.

• Artis on July 14, 2016 at 3:59 am

There is a second legendary recipe you can obtain from orzorga in wrothgar above the morkuldin forge

• Shiro Yasha on September 10, 2015 at 12:14 am

Also Psijic ambrosia fragments only have a chance of dropping if you have 6/6 recipe improvement

• Shiro Yasha on September 10, 2015 at 12:14 am

from writs (BTW)

• Teslonn7 on September 10, 2015 at 11:43 pm

Just sharing but not true apparently. My wife got frag and is only 5/6 improvement

11. pat on June 11, 2016 at 4:49 pm

Hi Deltia,
    was interested in finally persuing perfect roe and these fragments. As this guide was written last year, has anything changed about picking up the fragments?
    thanks for your work!

• Deltia on June 15, 2016 at 1:46 pm

No still accurate.

12. Etrooper3 on June 21, 2016 at 4:29 am

Do you need to get the writ from craglorn or can it be from any city?

• Deltia on June 21, 2016 at 10:34 am

You can get writs from any city, where you turn them in matters on your crafting level.

• Etrooper3 on June 21, 2016 at 10:49 am

I turn mine into orsinium

13. jurassicpikeld on December 7, 2016 at 11:49 am

there are now more food and drinks combos on the rotation