Welcome to the updated Frag-Out ESO Sorcerer PvP Build for ESO Patch 2.0.11. This guide will show Sorc skills, gear, passives, champion system and more. Check out the video for game play and tutorials.
Table of Contents
The Sorcerer is the king of mobility, single target burst in PvP and the magic caster archetype. I want to create a powerful, yet simple build that anyone can use to level, PvP and play Imperial City and Maelstrom Arena. You’ll be using wards and shields as defense, movement and mobility to escape, then blast your opponent with monster burst damage. If you love the speedy range caster, try this build.
Should you play this build?
+ Ranged damage
+ Burst damage
+ Toons of speed
– Not easy to learn
– Large learning curve for new players
- Destruction Touch (morphed into Destructive Reach) – Our early spammable offensive ability that is used until we have a C-Frags proc.
- Walls of Elements (morphed into Elemental Blockade) – An early magic AoE that helps leveling clearing trash mobs or grinding.
- Force Shock (morphed into Force Pulse) – We replace Reach with Pulse for more single target damage.
- Weakness to Elements (morphed into Elemental Drain) – A great PvE ability for maintaining max magic while leveling.
- Impulse (morphed into Pulsar) – Our spammable AoE ability that procs disintegration with Lighting Staff.
- Grand Healing (morphed into Healing Springs) – An early AoE heal that can be helpful until you get Blood Magic passive.
- Regeneration (morphed into Mutagen) – I switch this in for Healing Springs until I get Healing Ward to shield myself.
- Steadfast Ward (morphed into Healing Ward) – Our basic defense and healing ability. Combine this with two other shields, Harness Magicka from Light Armor and Hardened Warded from Daedric Summoning for massive defense.
- Daedric Curse (morphed into Velocious Curse) – The first part to hits like a mac daddy dizzle truck. Also does some great AoE while leveling which the Sorc lacks. Get this early for something useful to use while leveling Summoning skill line.
- Bound Armor (morphed into Bound Aegis) – This is more of a PvE skill to give max magicka, but grab it and level it so you don’t have to later.
- Conjured Ward (morphed into Hardened Ward) – The mother of all shields, it’s worth leveling Summoning to 42 for major protection.
- Crystal Shard (morphed into Crystal Fragments) – C-Frag, what else can you say? Combine this with Blood Magic passive for early leveling self healing. And for Nirn sakes, don’t spam cast this.
- Encase (morphed into Shattering Prison) – I love this for group or solo play, stunning constantly with frags and encase so they can’t close the distance with melee.
- Rune Prison (morphed into Defensive Rune) – A highly underrated skill that can save you from being ganked. Keep up this 2.5 minute buff and that nasty Nightblade will be stunned when they attack.
- Daedric Mines (morphed into Daedric Minefield) – A great utility ability to immobile enemies that enter your Minefield.
- Mage’s Fury (morphed into Endless Fury while leveling, Mage’s Wrath at end game) – The finisher move that procs when enemies drop below 20% health, KABOOM batman style. Also good for PvE execution phase.
- Lighting Form (morphed into Boundless Storm) – Speed, resistance and you can proc Disintegration so yeah worth using until you get streak.
- Lighting Splash (morphed into Liquid Lighting) – A decent AoE for leveling, but you’ll replace this later for Impulse. It’s useful to level Storm Calling and PvE dungeons.
- Surge (morphed into Power Surge) – Healing for doing crits, yeah it’s amazing and it last a very long time. I usually use Mages Guild Entropy early and replace it with Surge when available.
- Bolt Escape (morphed into Streak) -Probably the “coolest” ability in the game. I take Streak morph to use this offensively blasting through enemies and lowering their blocks.
Levels 25-Veteran 1
- Power Stone – Sorcs do not get an ultimate generation tool like other classes, but we have massive reduction in ultimate cost. Only obtain this passive early on.
- Unholy Knowledge – This is very useful early on when resources management is hard and you don’t have a whole lot of light armor passives.
- Blood Magic – Probably the best early on passive making C-Frags heal you for 8% of your max health. Usually this is enough to keep you in the fight while leveling.
- Capacitor – Increase magicka recovery by 10%, yes please. Combine this with High Elf passive, wow resource juggernaut even early on.
- Disintegrate – A unique and awesome passive that vaporizes low health enemies around 20% health. Another reason to use Boundless Storms while AoE mobs up close.
- Cycle of Life – The only thing I really use early on is this passive for extra magicka off heavy attacks.
- Elemental Force – Gives our spells more likelihood to apply stats effects which is needed for AoE.
- Evocation – Less magicka cost is a must just starting a new character, I get this priority number one.
- Recovery – Passive priority number two, regeneration combined with Capacitor starts to give us the edge in combat.
Tips and Miscellaneous
- High Elf – I’ve had a VR 14 High Elf and a Vr 16 Breton and I can tell you, High Elf is much better. More damage and sustained, take it if you’re starting out.
- Breton – If not, Breton will do, but it’s not as beneficial as High Elf.
- Dunmer – If you like playing stamina or magicka, pick this race because it does well with both. Plus fire resistance is always a plus.
- Attributes – Go all magicka while leveling and enchant your gear with health if you feel you don’t have enough.
- Vampire or Werewolf – I love Vampire on my guy and took it at level 11. The Undeath passive goes very well with Healing Ward not to mention a beastly low cost Ultimate Devouring Swarms that makes leveling a breeze. I need more testing at end game, but I love vampire while leveling.
- Mundus Stone – I choose the Atronach right away for magicka recovery, than the Shadow later on for big time crit damage. If you lack Champion Points, stick with Atronach (found in Cyrodiil at level 10).
- Weapons and Gear – I go with Lighting staff and all light armor. For set bonuses, 3 piece Torgus Pact and 5 piece Seducer (for low CP) or Magnus (for high CP).
- Food and Consumables – I used regeneration drinks while leveling just for more casting but will go food at end.
- Level all of your skill lines to 50
- Level Mages Guild and Fighters Guild to 10
- Start working on Undaunted skill line to acquire passives
- Gather skill points and skyshard and finish all the passives
- Now experiement, what works well for you? Maybe more single target, more AoE, more healing, etc. Start dipping your toes into PvP and grind away to VR16. Cya there.
Bar One – Destruction Offensive
- Streak (morph of Bolt Escape | Storm Calling skill line) – Speed, stun and decent damage. Do not over cast this without four seconds, but use it to create space and stun mobs briefly.
- Crushing Shock (morph of Force Shock | Destruction Staff skill line) – My main spammable ability with a ranged interrupt. The only round I swap this out is on stage 7, otherwise it’s great for ranged DPS.
- Hardened Ward (morph of Conjured Ward | Daedric Summoning skill line) – I front bar this as my main source of protection though if you want you can use Velocious Curse. If you’re not good with bar swapping and resource management, keep it on.
- Elemental Ring (morph of Impulse | Destruction Staff skill line) – I mostly use single target throughout, but this is a good AoE ability to pair with streak. Use this when you need to kill a boss and additional mobs at once.
- Crystal Fragments (morph of Crystal Shards | Dark Magic skill line) – Frag Out, woot still hits hard and I’ll so a trick to increasing your DPS with it in the video.
- Shooting Star (morph of Meteor | Mages Guild skill line) – Having this slotted gives us a boost with mages guild skill line and if we hit enough targets in one shot, we can still activate Overload for a third bar.
Bar Two – Restoration Defensive
- Boundless Storm (morph of Lighting Form | Storm Calling skill line) – A huge boost to armor and spell resist and much need speed. Plus, it does damage and can proc disintegration Streaking through mobs.
- Power Surge (morph of Surge | Storm Calling skill line) – I use this over Entropy for two reasons, one the duration and two the self healing. I love Entropy for burst in PvP but the added healing when my wards are down often saves my life.
- Hardened Ward (morph of Conjured Ward | Daedric Summoning skill line) – I like to have this double bared so I always know, regardless of which bar I’m on, I have a panic button. As you become comfortable with mobs and the arena, you can swap something in on the front bar.
- Harness Magicka (morph of Annulment | Light Armor skill line) – This only procs against spell damage, but there’s ton of that in the arena. Pair these two wards together for magic return and a defense against any attack.
- Healing Ward (morph of Steadfast Ward | Restoration Staff skill line) – I use this skill only when my health has dropped below 40%. Once I pop healing ward to cover my health bar, I throw Hardened and Harness over it. Trick is to not recast healing ward and let its duration continue for full heal.
- Energy Overload (morph of Overload | Storm Calling skill line) – A third bar, the best ult we have and magic return on hits. This is the sole reason you can get pretty aggressive with your gear and not worry about recovery.
Bar Three – Energy Overload Ultimate
- Dark Conversion (morph of Dark Exchange | Dark Magic) – A way to sacrifice extra stamina for magicka in between rounds to get topped off.
- Power Surge (morph of Surge | Storm Calling skill line) – I keep this on here in case my buff runs out and I need to recast for self healing.
- Hardened Ward (morph of Conjured Ward | Daedric Summoning skill line) – Once I activate overload, I don’t want to turn it on and off in case I’m taking heavy damage so I use these buffs on this bar as well.
- Harness Magicka (morph of Annulment | Light Armor skill line) – Same as above.
- Mage’s Wrath (morph of Mage’s Fury | Storm Calling skill line) – I almost always have enough ult to turn Overload on and I save my execute on this bar just for that.
- Energy Overload (morph of Overload | Storm Calling skill line) – Most have on.
- 2 pieces Engine Guardian – It’s skill king of resources though if you have a high regeneration build I’d go with Molag Kena.
- 5 pieces Julianos (or Twice Born Star) – I prefer Julianos because I have flexibility with Mundus stones, though TBS did out preform Julianos barely in my test. You can’t go wrong with either.
- 1 Maelstrom Staff (or any other staff) – It’s beast, but until you get them, go with a Nirnhoned Fire or Lighting Staff.
- 3 pieces Willpower Set – Found in Imperial City this jewelry still rocks.
For detailed information, watch the video up top as I spend more time explaining game play.
Sorc PvP Prior to 2.0
Bar One | Destruction Staff (Lighting)
- Streak (morph of Bolt Escape | Storm Calling skill line)
- Crushing Shock (morph of Force Shock | Destruction Staff skill line)
- Velocious Curse (morph of Daedric Curse | Daedric Summoning skill line)
- Pulsar (morph of Impulse | Destruction Staff skill line)
- Crystal Fragments (morph of Crystal Shards | Dark Magic skill line)
- [Ultimate] Devouring Swarm (morph of Bat Swarm | World Vampire skill line)
Bar Two | Restoration Staff
- Streak (morph of Bolt Escape | Storm Calling skill line)
- Daedric Minefield (morph of Daedric Mines | Dark Magic skill line)
- Harness Magicka (morph of Annulment | Light Armor skill line)
- Hardened Ward (morph of Conjure Ward | Daedric Summoning skill line)
- Healing Ward (morph of Steadfast Ward | Restoration Staff skill line)
- [Ultimate] Absorption Field (morph of Negate Magic | Dark Magic skill line)
- Cyrodiil’s Light – 248,000 Alliance Point gear found in Cyrodiil Elite Merchant Vendor. You can also obtain via guild traders as this is trade-able. Additionally, there are 33,000 VR 6 version of this gear for starters. A cheaper substitute would be Healer‘s jewelry.
- Adroitness – Only found through Crypt of Heart boss drops. The necklace is bind on equip so you can also obtain through guild traders. Go with healers if you can’t get any other jewelry set at end game.
- Magnus – Four trait craft-able set in all three factions. Found in these locations Aldmeri Dominion (Greenshade | Arananga, Daggerfall Covenant (Rivenspire | Vaewend Ede), Ebonheart Pact (Shadowfen | Xal haj-ei Shrine). There isn’t a substitute for this set because you can use the Nirnhoned trait.
- Engine Guardian – The helm drops in Darkshade Cavern from the final boss while the shoulders are apart of the Undaunted Pledge gold key rewards.
The Skill lines that I max are: light armor, medium armor, heavy armor, restoration staff, destruction staff, alliance war support, assault, mages guild, fighters guild, storm calling, daedric summoning, dark magic, vampire, racial and alchemy medical use.
- Unholy Knowledge and Blood Magic Dark Magic skill line
- Power Stone Daedric Summoning skill line
- Capacitor and Disintegrate Storm Calling skill line
- Evocation and Recovery Light Armor skill line
- Supernatual Recovery and Undeath World Vampire skill line
- Gift of Magnus and Magicka Mastery Racial
The Warrior (red)
Bastion from the Lord (boost your shields)
The Mage (blue)
Elfborn and Spell Erosion until you reach 30 points for 12% more critical than 100 points into Thaumaturge in The Ritual
The Thief (green)
Mooncalf (small amount of stamina recovery since I’m not a Werewolf)
Arcanist and Magician (split 50/50)
- Mundus – Atronach though Mage would produce more damage. If you can’t cast spells, you’re dead so balance the two.
- Vampire v Werewolf – I like Vampire since I play with a group and Bat Swarm is very powerful charging into a group. If you’re more of a solo player, Werewolf might be a better choice.
- Attributes – Honestly these aren’t too important, but I go 50 magicka and 12 health. I want 20,000 health and 30,000 magicka if possible though some people go full magicka for higher power shields.
- Race – Anything can work, but I stick with something strong in magicka like Breton, High Elf or Dunmer.
“When in doubt, FRAG OUT”
Check video for game play