Here’s a specific build for farming Tel Var stones in Elder Scrolls Online Imperial City. This is specifically made for that area, not overland (Bee Mode is still useful).
Make a very tanky, self-sufficient build for Imperial City. This build is meant for solo farming, meaning fighting World Bosses while being able to kill players attempting to gank you. This build isn’t meant for Overland Cyrodiil or Dueling, but is great for earning tons of stones, gold and mats.
Destruction Staff Fire
- Inner Light OR Radiant Magelight (morph of Magelight | Mages guild skill line) – This is most important morph choice you have, IL is more damage while RM is great for stealth detection. I’d recommend RM for newer players and IL for folks comfortable with the Templar. Make sure to be on the IL/RM bar while moving and activate to reveal enemies.
- Reflective Light (morph of Sun Fire | Dawn’s Wrath skill line) – Purpose of this skills a high powered damage over time (DoT), ult builder and a source of minor Sorcerery . We get major Sorcerery with our potions of stealth detection so we get 25% as a soloplar.
- Repentance (morph of Radiant Aura | Restoring Light skill line) – The purpose of this skill is sustaining our healing and stamina with corpses. Since some bosses in Imperial City have adds (or additional enemies), it’s a great tool for free healing and stamina sustain.
- Puncturing Sweeps (morph of Puncturing Strikes | Aedric Spear skill line) – Our main spammable ability that heals us based on the damage done. It’s the bread and butter skill, great AoE and single target with a snare. Simply maintain Reflective Light every 6 seconds, and Sweeps down until 40% of bosses health.
- Radiant Glory (morph of Radiant Destruction | Dawn’s Wrath skill line) – BEAM! Once a mob/enemy gets below 40% health, this skill because optimal to use while maintaining Reflective Light up. The healthing this morph provides is staggering, I can get 13k crits the more damage I do.
- [Ultimate] Eye of the Storm FIRE (morph of Elemental Storm | Destruction Staff skill line) – A juggernaut AoE DPS skill with a massive cost. Use this when you have enough healing and need to burn down a boss or enemy players.
Sword and Shield
- Channeled Focus (morph of Rune Focus | Restoring Light skill line) – Great resource management and major resistance buff. Place down and walk in every six seconds to get the buff.
- Extended Ritual (morph of Cleansing Ritual | Restoring Light skill line) – Major mending, heal over time and a snare, this ability is insane. I often use this more than Breath of Life (BoL) for survival which I will show in the video. In the days of ESO poisons, removing harmful effects is almost more important than outright healing and this is a much have.
- Elusive Mist (morph of Mist Form | Vampire skill line) – Our mobility survival tool that gives us time to think. The benefits are removal of snares/immobilizes and speed, the downsides are the lack of casting while in Mist Form. This skill takes a long time to perfect but once you learn how to Mist and Line of Sight (LoS) you’ll be very hard to kill.
- Blazing Spear (morph of Spear Shards | Aedric Spear skill line) – A stun, massive AoE damage and unlike Puncturing Sweeps, can be casted repeatedly WHILE blocking. This is important because of the damage mitigation and reduction in CCs or stuns. We get stunned, we die. Cast for utility, stun and AoE damage.
- Breath of Life (morph of Rushed Ceremony | Restoring Light skill line) – Still a very powerful heal even though it’s only two people. You just need to make sure to cast it when players are low health to get the max benefit.
- [Ultimate] Devouring Swarm (morph of Bat Swarm | Vampire skill line) – Great AoE damage, low cost ult that acts as a “oh crap” button. Mainly use Eye of the Storm, but hit this when you are being ganked or need massive healing.
Imperial Physique Set – A massive boost to stats if we keep 10,000 tel var stones on us. Yeah, it’s high risk high reward but over 40k magicka and 37k health gives us a big boost to damage and survival. You can get this gear by using Tel Var for random lock boxes or buying from guild trader.
- Alternate set would be Armor of the Trainee set.
Seducers – We have this on our S/B bar for reduced cost and the three piece is always on. Think survival first solo, damage secondary.
- Alternate set would be Lich for sustain or Clever Alchemist for huge burst.
Valykn Skoria – A great set because the meteor cannot be dodge or avoided making it a great counter to Nightblades.
- Alternate set would be 2pc Vicious Death for spell damage if you don’t have monster helms.
The video will go in more depth information regarding how to play this since it’s a “niche” build. Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy them Tel Var STONE!