Leaving the Elder Scrolls Online

I’ve decided to move on from The Elder Scrolls Online game in terms on content creation. Meaning, I will still play the game on a casual level, unsubscribed without creating guides past Morrowind.

I will continue to keep the site active and update the builds from the Morrowind launch then no further.

WHY I’m Leaving

For the past year I have not enjoyed the game at all. Maybe brief moments of fun in PvP, but considered running dungeons repeatedly to get a specific weapon ancient game design and lackluster. Same thing with trials, with a tiny community, the vibrant raiding community (PC NA) does not exist creating little incentive for competition.

Once I started my fitness life change, I started to realize, the less I played ESO (not other games), the better my life was. I had time to spend with my son, wife and family. I was more upbeat and positive, more focused on the future and optimistic. When I returned to the game, it felt like a choir similar to washing stinky laundry. The definition of an addiction can be describe as never getting enough of what you don’t want; under that definition, ESO was an addiction.

I’m not calling for you to abandon the game if you love it, continue to enjoy it if you do. It has server its purpose and rewarded me with a wonderful experience but like all things, it has come to an end.

FUTURE GAMES

I plan on pre-ordering Destiny 2 as the next major MMO I will be playing and possibly doing content for. In the meantime, I will still complete Morrowind story as I cannot return my pre-order. I’m open to games like Total War, Dark Souls 3, Battlefield, Mass Effect, etc.

IN THE END

I believe we get one life and I’d rather live it day by day doing what I love than not. I found my new passion, bringing gamers and gaming together in a healthy and positive light. I’ve received more heartfelt complements on my lowly viewed gamer to gym rat series than I have my entire time in ESO. That is my calling, that is my future.

As always, thanks for your time and support.

Deltia

1. Jballz52 on April 20, 2017 at 4:40 pm

Thank you Deltia! You are absolutely one of the greats of ESO. With your help and resources, you have let me enjoy ESO more by optimizing my builds and time on the game. I wish you the best of luck in the future and maybe I will check out your Destiny 2 page and will look forward to you bringing more enlightenment to the online and MMO worlld. Sincerely, JBALLZ

• Deltia on April 21, 2017 at 2:19 pm

Thanks a lot!

• Kodiak on June 9, 2017 at 7:59 pm

Well Deltia on a positive commentary – you became integral in how I would approach the game with builds and play style : you have made my experience and dozens of others I call friends in ESO immeasurably better. Devil’s advocate? I have managed – my words not any psychiatrist’s – an ongoing MMO gaming addiction for over 30 years. The desire to play ANY game and become focused on a regular pattern of play or donating time which could be spent otherwise in any manner means it is an addiction. The other games you refereed to are all just different drugs of the same addictive process.

I understand this is also a business for you – and you are good at it. Playing these games and hosting Twitch channels or posting helpful videos generate viewers and advertising dollars I am sure.

In fairness to calling a spade a spade though : would it not be a clean break to simply walk away from online gaming altogether instead of saying ESO an addiction? I think so … In any case I am going back to my own addiction of ESO now… I know full well the only real truth about it is that when a competing product in the same fantasy (not sci fi) genre exceeds the quality of graphics – virtual effects – story lines and creativity that The Elder Scrolls Online offers presently that THEN I will change to a new addiction.

I wish you good sir the best of luck with your own new addictions.

• Deltia on June 12, 2017 at 1:41 pm

Yeah, I’m still debating walking away in general to be honest. I enjoy games, but not to the same extent. I look back at all the things I neglected for five years and it’s because my obsessive behavior. Still debating the next journey but most likely it’ll be fitness and motivating people to chase their dreams whatever that maybe.

2. Jimmy on April 21, 2017 at 3:09 pm

Thank you for what you’ve done to help the ESO community Deltia. Your build guide for Templar Healing helped me as I wanted to grow from being strictly an RPer into a dungeon delver. You’ve touched a lot of the end-game community. I wish you well in the future.

3. Zanath on April 21, 2017 at 7:12 pm

Hey Deltia! You actually are the one that got me going in ESO. You helped me with my builds, game play and rotation. If it wasn’t for you, I would probably of been lost still.

When you posted the video; “Pimp my Build with Raphboo Stamina Dragonknight PvE DPS” I thought that was very cool of you. To go in the game and help someone. I love helping new players in ESO. Was sad to see you upload your leaving ESO video. I hope you enjoy your new lifestyle! And thank you again, soooo much for your very useful videos! I hope you consider still helping out new players as you play casually (even if you don’t upload a video of it). xoxo

4. mr_wazzabi on April 21, 2017 at 8:02 pm

Thanks for your service and contribution to the eso community.

Whenever people think of eso streamers, your name is always at the top of the list.

Early in my eso time, I turned to your builds when I didn’t know what I was doing.

I also might be leaving eso as the morrowind nerfs to cp and base classes is too much.

I’ll be playing Skyforge. You might wanna give it a try, it’s a really fun action mmo.

5. Jopafol on April 21, 2017 at 9:21 pm

Hey deltia just wanted to say thank you for your patience when it came to new players and explaining everything. Over the last year I’ve been in a hospital bed and with you and other eso content creators I’ve been able to keep up with the game I wish you nothing but the best and looking forward to you gym series. Long live never-skips-legs 🙂

6. NightHawkRaven on April 21, 2017 at 9:49 pm

Thanks Deltia, for you videos, builds and great company over the years. I’ll still continue to come and see how and what you’re doing. Enjoy Destiny 2 you might stumble across my grandson there. My first game was Destiny, my second game eso. So this granny thinks very fondly of you, even if you do get a bit over excited at times. LOL. 😉 best wishes to your family too.

7. deluxesalt on April 22, 2017 at 12:59 am

It takes a strong person to leave something they have spent so much time with. It takes an even stronger person to have full respect to the community he just left. Thank you Deltia for everything you have done and I cannot wait to see what you will do!

8. DanLopes on April 22, 2017 at 2:05 am

I feel the same about the game and your concept of addiction would probably be perfectly applicable to myself.
    Wish you the best and I hope you quitting make enough noise around Internet to make ZOS rethink the way it’s been managing the game.

9. WistfulOrC on April 22, 2017 at 4:38 pm

Dude lots of courage to pick what’s important, family, all the best with the fitness thing, just rejoined the gym myself 6 weeks ago and loving it! Cheers for all of the build guides and eso goodies really helped a lot, hopefully I’ll see ya on destiny 2!!

10. CrazyKazu on April 22, 2017 at 5:19 pm

Thanks for all your video/web guides, they have helped me a lot the past few weeks when trying to get the hang of ESO again. Definitely enjoyed watching your PVP videos most of all! But will definitely be following your future content still.

11. Rey on April 22, 2017 at 10:55 pm

Thanks Deltia, you helped me a lot in my ESO journey. Good luck with everything man, wish you the best.

12. Aralan Baurin on April 22, 2017 at 11:00 pm

Sorry to see you leave ESO, Deltia. I can understand the reasons, but I’m such a casual gamer (not always my choice) that I don’t get burned out on games. Too much to do in real live.
    I’ve enjoyed your character builds and videos and they’ve really helped me become a better player and enjoy the game more. Good luck in your future endeavors and remember to try and have FUN in whatever you do!

13. Ronny on April 22, 2017 at 11:14 pm

Sad to see you go.
    I basically rock in ESO because you have put in the hard work in creating builds that work.
    See you in Destiny 2

14. Ironmagin on April 23, 2017 at 2:25 am

I watched you before I bought ESO and will continue to do so. Thanks for the past, present, and future good times.

15. Ilya on April 23, 2017 at 9:25 am

Thanks a lot!

16. gard on April 23, 2017 at 10:14 am

Good for you.
    I left about 3 weeks ago after my 4th week unsuccessfully grinding for a necro staff.. The grind just isn’t fun. The changes in update 14 just sealed the deal. Update 14 does nothing to resolve the real issues of the game, which are the endless grind and horrible, abusive ring.
    People say the game is fine, but a peek at the number of people watching twitch streamers says otherwise.
    This reminds me a lot of warhammer about 3 months before they closed up shop.

17. Jack3dJoe on April 23, 2017 at 11:33 am

I’m stoked you’re getting Destiny 2. I’ve gotten pretty bored for the same reasons as you and I’ll be playing Destiny 2 when it comes out and you’ll be my go to YouTuber for it. Also I’ve decided to get back in shape too. Thanks for everything you do.

18. Eck on April 23, 2017 at 12:22 pm

That’s sad. I always enjoyed watching your vids as they were vivid, a bit sarcastic and helpful and helped me get my templar running.
    Have fun with your family and whatever you choose to do next gaming-wise, and thanks for all the fish 🙂

19. Gladmadacus on April 23, 2017 at 2:10 pm

You make very good points, the game can be addicting at times, and I’m starting to not have fun with the constant grind either. It seems that all its about now, grinding to get those weapons to be better than this person, when it should be about getting the cool gear quicker and going to play cool content with your friends with that gear. I will continue to check your site out and I wish you luck for future videos!

20. Hudson on April 24, 2017 at 2:50 am

I have had the same struggle for the last year; I started PC Open Beta. The end game has little to keep me interested and I feel the money I have invested into crowns yielded poor rewards. Morrowind sparks my curiosity however I feel it’s too little, too late. Looking forward to Conan Exile at the end of this year for Xbox One

21. Frimenutt on April 24, 2017 at 7:22 am

I consider leav the game my self, when the legende leav. It’s a good time to leav… Ty for all

22. Marco on April 24, 2017 at 10:55 am

Can u write down the White video? I’m not english speaking person so I cannot understand everything.
    Thanks

23. Marco on April 24, 2017 at 10:56 am

Sorry l mean the whole video.

24. […] compared to others who are nerfed in the PTS balance pass, prompting a long time champion of ESO (Deltia) to take a break from the game (among other personal reasons). Yes, the Warden is awesome. Yes, […]

25. dominionjesus on April 25, 2017 at 11:08 am

*saluteloop*

26. Jamie on April 26, 2017 at 2:13 pm

Hi deltia do you you think hybrids could exist now with the morrowind changes like equal distribution of attribute points

27. @gedz on April 30, 2017 at 1:03 pm

I’ve never been a good eso player, but every time my builds started to get viable there were a patch to make ’em boring again. thousands of hours of grinding and researching for nothing but bitter rebuilds and frustration. thanx for your work and help. I think I’m going to spend some more time with real life friends and family. Maybe I’ll check ESO again after morrowind, just to see what’s going on.

28. Bill Malone on May 3, 2017 at 2:27 pm

Unfortunately, I have decided to take some time off from ESO also.. Maybe when Morrowind drops, I will get remotovated. As for now, I am having a blast playing Arc Survival Evolved!

29. Tobster on May 8, 2017 at 3:35 am

I understand where you are coming from. I appreciated your help before I left the game myself. I remember a lot of fun times playing ESO but I as well had to move on. Thanks again.

30. Beast7818 on May 11, 2017 at 9:44 pm

Thanks man wish you all the best in your future endevors. I learned a lot from you. Do you have any recommendations for other sites to go to for tips?

• Deltia on May 23, 2017 at 4:51 pm

Alcast has been putting out great content.

31. Kanei9 on June 4, 2017 at 3:47 am

Will miss you delta u get a lot of hate on console and I don’t understand why. I have all but perfected the dual beams pvp build, and am working on a morriwonderful. Fire dk pvp. Build. That works similar to the laceration. But with much more survivability. And sustain with light armor. I thank you for all the tips and good luck in everything you do

32. abelsgmx on June 16, 2017 at 4:11 pm

Zo$ must think what is doing wrong when people like Deltia decide move out of this game, Thank for your effort doing this great guides, they really help me a lot,

33. Amber on July 30, 2017 at 4:59 am