After my announcement about leaving Elder Scrolls Online, I’ve had a lot of folks tell me about this game, Ashes of Creation. I started to look into it and corresponding with the developers and it looks very promising. I think the problem with newer MMOs is the sandbox elements are all but gone. Meaning, it’s a theme park, going from one mundane task to another with an never ending hamster wheel. Remember the old school Ultima Online? Or Star Wars Galaxies? Players impacted the world dynamically and that’s what has me excited about this game. Here’s what I know so far.
- Website – ashesofcreation.com
- Referral Program – If you decide to start an account, you can use this code (https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Deltia/) to directly benefit me both in and out of game. You don’t have to pay anything, but its a huge help for content creators like myself moving forward.
- Live Stream – I’ll be live streaming an interview with the developers on Monday May 1st on my YouTube Gaming channel here 3:30PM PDT.
- Setting – High fantasy open world with a malleable world. Meaning, you can build, destroy, create the world. There are pre-placed point of interest, but overall the environment can be altered by the players and guilds.
- Not Free 2 Play, Pay 2 Win, micro transaction nutmachine.
- PvP – Seems like old school Warhammer Online / Elder Scrolls Online. Big siege, impactful open world fighting and even instanced based arena types.
- PvE – Traditional questing, dungeons and boss fights.
- The main point of emphasis I keep encountering while doing the research on this game seems that it’s all about players choices and how players impact the world. Change, creation, developing towns which can be destroyed or created. It’s the old school reason I loved MMOs, players make the world.
While this might not be for everyone and I don’t know the release date, I’ll be looking into this game along with Destiny 2. PC MMOs are my thing, but I’ve gotten burnt out on theme park, microtransation heavy liner MMOs. I think this could break the chain and be a huge hit for hardcore MMO goers. Consider checking out there Kickstarer launching May 1st and I’ll have more coverage as I begin playing!