The ESO Firesong Update 36 PTS Notes v8.2.1 are here! Check out what changes will be coming our way in the next DLC Update coming to PC in November! To find out the details, read on below, or check out the official post on the forums HERE.
Previous PTS Patch Notes: ESO Firesong Update 36 PTS Notes v8.2.0
The Elder Scrolls Online v8.2.1 mainly includes fixes for Firesong quests and content, along with some fixes for housing and a few Gamepad UI issues. We’ve also activated the New Life Festival for testing this week. The size of this patch is approximately 220MB.
- New Features / Updates / Big Changes
- Event Testing – New Life Festival
- Template Updates
- Known Issues
- Fixes & Improvements
- Chapters & DLCs
- Base Game
Event Testing – New Life Festival
The New Life Festival returns to Tamriel! Breda and Petronius are back to help you embark on a festive adventure across the world.
- As always, the first New Life quest you complete each day will award you Event Tickets (3, this year) and any completed New Life quests will award you a New Life Festival Box.
- This box contains an assortment of valuable and flavorful items, along with a chance for motif pages, style pages, furnishings, or special charity writs (Deep Winter or Imperial).
- Added to the Festival boxes this year are a chance to get a tradeable page of the new Evergreen armor style.
- The Impresario has brought back all of 2022’s morphing collectibles for the Soulfire Dragon Illusion. She also offers bound pages for the Evergreen armor style for 5 tickets each, as well as the returning Powderwhite Coney pet.
- Several containers now have the correct text on them to describe their contents.
- High Isle Survey Reports are now available in the Traveled Surveyor’s Compendium.
- Mythic Items containers no longer have a level requirement.
- The Max Level PTS template now has Syrabanic Marine, Systres Guardian, Yffre’s Will and Drowned Mariner styles automatically unlocked.
- Removed the House Mornard and Firesong Motif Styles. These will be readded at a later date.
- Tri Focus: This passive currently does not properly cause your Block to cost Magicka. This will be fixed in an upcoming patch.
- Fixed a number of animation issues involving quests, conversations, and other content.
- The Claw of the Forest Wrath crafted item set now requires 5 traits to craft, while Chimera’s Rebuke now requires 7.
- Volcanic Vents in Galen now have a chance to drop volcanic-themed furnishings.
- Updated the text and icons for Pelin’s Paragon Style Pages.
- Updated several icons from Galen-associated contraband items.
- Fixed an issue that caused Druid Rerlas in Embervine to only drop basic loot.
- Fixed a number of typos in books throughout Galen.
- Updated the text from a number of Achievements (no spoilers!)
- You now need to complete all parts of the “Kasorayn, My Ally” achievement, rather than only one part.
- You will now get 10 achievement points for completing the achievement “Give Peace a Chance”.
- Fixed some small visual issues with the Shipbuilder’s Woodworking Station, Druidic Bed, Ivy Stone Single, and Alchemy Shelves, Filled Mounted furnishings.
- Fixed several issues with new interactable Achievement furnishings that were missing their audio.
- Fixed item tags for the Shipbuilder’s Woodworking Station and “Tree, Large Galen Beech” furnishings.
- Adjusted the theme for the “Lava Spout” and “Firesong Spring, Basalt” furnishings from Other to Breton.
- Volcanic Vents in Galen now have a chance to drop recipes for new Firesong furnishings.
- Updated the name for the “Firesong Lava Shelf, Short” furnishing to “Firesong Bookcase, Tall Lava”.
- Updated the category of the “Firesong Spring, Basalt” furnishing from Misc > Environment to Undercroft > Symbolic Decor.
- Updated name of “Maormer Half-Rug, Serpentine” to “Maormer Half-Rug” to differentiate it from the “Maormer Rug, Serpentine” furnishing.
- Fixed an issue with the Skyshard in Faun’s Thicket not displaying on the map, and an issue where it could spawn below its intended area.
- Fixed a number of typos throughout various dialogue in Galen.
- Updated various NPC dialogue throughout Vastyr.
- Guild Traders in Galen are now called as such, instead of “Guild Kiosks”.
- Fixed a number of missing or incorrect quest assist pins or locations.
- A Collapsing Circle: Fixed an issue where NPCs would have more voice over lines than intended.
- A Heart Turned Black:
- Fixed an issue where you couldn’t advance an optional quest step unless you had progressed the Main Story quest.
- Your character will now perform a pour animation when pouring the blessed water on plants.
- A Sea of Troubles:
- Updated and revised a number of various dialogues, conversations, and spoken lines throughout this quest.
- Fixed an issue where Dhulef would refuse to despawn and would instead hang around the docks all day.
- And Now, Perhaps Peace: Fixed an issue where certain NPCs would be present even if you hadn’t done their quests.
- Seeds of Destruction:
- Fixed an issue where a number of NPCs in Glimmertarn never went away.
- Adjusted the positions of some interactable objects to not be inside rocks and other fixtures.
- Removed enemies from areas where you must interact with friendlies.
- Souvenir Slag: Updated the quest blobs (that’s an official term, right?) to fully encompass the quest objectives.
- The Dream of Kasorayn: Fixed an issue where groupmates could advance quicker than their party members and cause a quest de-sync, blocking quest progress.
- The Ivy Throne:
- Fixed an issue where you could not interact with the Druidic Stones, blocking your progress.
- Fixed an issue where killing one of the bosses too quickly could cause various issues throughout the rest of the quest.
- Fixed a number of voiceover timing issues.
- Fixed an issue where your character could get into a never-ending death loop (not to be confused with Deathloop, the FPS from our friends at Arkane!) at a certain point of the finale.
- Fixed an issue where your character could get caught in an invisible damage area and die horribly.
- If you leave the final quest area prematurely, you now have a boat to bring you back to the correct location.
- Count Mornard now has an interact pin so he’s easier to locate.
- The Moth Study: Updated the names for the Phoenix Moths that are specific to this quest to make them more distinct.
- Tides of Ruin: You must now search an area to locate the Eldertide Seed.
- “Shipbuilder’s Drafting Table, Forest Spirit” and “Music Box, Blessings of Stone” now have proper icons in the Antiquity Codex, as well as having their sale value removed.
- “Music Box, Blessings of Stone” is now appropriately named as such.
- Antiquity Furnishings will no longer appear on the Galen Achievement Furnisher twice.
- Druid Braigh no longer rewards fragments for the King Orgnum deck upon defeat.
- Updated the description of the Druid King card, Runes of the Draoife, for clarity.
Dark Heart of Skyrim Celebration
- Fixed a typo in the Help file for this event.
- Fixed an issue where the Glorious Box of Grey Host’s Pillage was not dropping Purple Gear at the expected rate.
- Bloody Reunion: Fixed a disparity between map area pin text and tracker goal text on the step to disrupt a Gray Host ritual.
- Fixed an issue where the Precision Editor could become offset when aligning furnishings.
- Updated the icon for the “Solitude Table, Square Ornate Low” furnishing so it’s more accurate.
- Fixed a system-wide keyboard input delay that could occur when the client was out of focus and running at a low framerate.
- Fixed an issue related to map pings causing a crash.
- Fixed issue where the area name was not consistent across Camp Gushnukbur.
- Crow’s Wood: You can no longer spawn infinite portals to Crow’s Wood. We know you love the Duke of Crows and his murder, but there are better ways to honor them.
- Fixed an issue where you couldn’t get another combat training partner if the corpse of the first one was still lingering around.
- Fixed an issue in the character select UI where the character tooltip could appear above an event announcement.
- Fixed a UI error caused by filtering out the Smithing creation level spinner while it was currently focused.
- Added PEGI country select screen on the Gamepad UI for those who haven’t yet accepted the new PEGI rating.
- Fixed an issue where you could use keyboard controls to rotate the character in various preview scenes when in the Gamepad UI.
Source: PTS Patch Notes v8.2.1 — Elder Scrolls Online
If you’re looking for a one-bar PvE builds click HERE, one-bar PvP builds HERE or one-bar Werewolves builds HERE. Also, consider watching me on TWITCH where you can ask me questions about my current builds.