The ESO Firesong Update 36 PTS Patch Notes v8.2.2 are here! Check out what changes will be coming our way in the next DLC Update coming to PC in November! Some interesting new sets and mythics are headed our way. To find out the detials, read on below, or check out the official post on the forums HERE.
The Elder Scrolls Online v8.2.2 includes several more fixes for content and quests as part of the Firesong DLC, along with a few balance adjustments for the Warden and Destruction Staff. We have also added a new Chat Narration accessibility setting that will have the game narrate chat channels out loud, in addition to activating the Season of the Dragon Celebration event for testing this week.
All PC EU characters have been copied this week, and you can expect this patch to be approximately 607MB in size. Thanks for all the feedback and bug reports so far!
A new accessibility setting is now available that will let you have the game narrate what is said in text chat channels out loud. This setting is off by default, and you can toggle it on by navigating to the Accessibility menu in Settings, then setting “Narrate Chat” to On. From here, you can also adjust the voice volume, speed, and type. Note that Accessibility Mode does need to be enabled for this option to be available.
Event Testing – Season of the Dragon Celebration
Those Dragons keep returning to your homeland! You know what to do. This event includes all of the year’s content for the Season of the Dragon, including both the Elsweyr Chapter and the Dragonhold DLC as well as all four dungeons released as part of the year’s story: Depths of Malatar, Frostvault, Moongrave Fane, and the Lair of Maarselok.
- Pick up the introductory quest, “Bane of Dragons,” either for free in the Crown Store or from Captain Samara at the Impresario’s tent outside of Rimmen.
- The first daily quest you complete in Northern Elsweyr or Southern Elsweyr rewards a Glorious Elsweyr Box. Subsequent dailies, as well as activities in the zones or linked dungeons, will award slightly lower quality Elsweyr Boxes.
- These boxes can contain valuable treasures, style items or motif pages from the year-of storyline, Elsweyr-specific crafting materials (such as Dragon’s Blood, Dragon’s Rheum, or Dragon’s Bile), treaure maps, furnishing recipes, or a tradeable style page for the new Claw Dancer armor style.
- The first daily you complete in Northern Elsweyr will award you one Event Ticket. You can get a second Event Ticket for the first daily you complete in Southern Elsweyr as well, for a maximum of two Event Tickets per day per account.
- These include dailies such as the Dragon-hunting quests.
- Bosses and Dragons in both Elsweyrs, as well as bosses in Sunspire, Depths of Malatar, Frostvault, Moongrave Fane, and the Lair of Maarselok drop additional loot during this event.
- As with other celebrations, resource nodes, daily quests, and other activities in the zones are more bountiful during the Season of the Dragon. Don’t let the shadow of a Dragon’s wings keep you indoors!
- The Impresario will carry bound style pages of the Claw Dancer armor style for 5 tickets each. She will also have three fragments of the new Passion Dancer Blossom pet, the new base item for 2023’s morphing collectibles themed around Dibella!
- The Impresario will also carry the first fragment of the first morph, the Passion’s Muse personality.
- Creating a mid-level PTS character with a template will no longer remove the Champion Points of a previously created max-level character.
- Fixed an issue that prevented maximum template characters from challenging Novice Tribute NPCs.
- The Wispheart Totem upgrade card in the Druid King deck will now be automatically unlocked for new template characters.
- Cleave: This ability and its morphs can have a delay between their impact and damage when not animation canceled.
- Fixed an issue that caused all loot in Graven Deep and Earthen Root Enclave to follow curation rules rather than just Bosses. Only bosses have curated drops for Item Sets in these dungeons.
- Polished and updated a number of animations associated with quests and throughout the zone.
- Fixed an issue where you could not bid on a Guild Trader in Vastyr’s Outlaw Refuge.
- Fixed an issue that was causing Attunable Crafting Stations to not work in Galen. Chimera’s Rebuke, Old Growth Brewer and Claw of the Forest Wraith crafting sets can now be properly attuned.
- The Bankers in Vastyr can now be used by criminals and stage 4 vampires.
- All Firesong lore books are now accessible even after completing their associated quests.
- Fixed a number of issues with stealable items throughout the zone.
- Updated the text for “The Best of Friends” achievement and added it as part of the Zone Guide.
- Renamed the “Siege-Breaker” achievement to “Siege-Shatterer” to avoid confusion with a similarly named achievement.
- Updated a number of NPCs in town to have appropriate reactions or loot in relation to justice actions, such as pickpocketing or murder.
- Updated the location of the delve Point of Interest icon for Faun’s Thicket to better guide you to the entrance area.
- Updated the map icons for Vastyr to better reflect where certain shops and NPCs are located.
- A Heart Turned Black: The pouring animation will now play regardless of the distance that your character is standing to the plant targets.
- A Sea of Troubles: Fixed an issue where prematurely backing out of a conversation with Druid Laurel would no longer generate any animations or voice over on that character.
- An Eye for an Eye: Fixed a number of animation and voiceover issues with various NPCs.
- Seeds of Destruction: Fixed an issue where relogging would cause an incorrect version of Druid Laurel to appear.
- The Dream of Kasorayn: Fixed a number of audio issues throughout this quest.
- The Ivy Throne:
- Fixed an issue where you could interact with vortexes earlier than intended.
- Fixed a number of quest assist pin issues.
- Fixed an issue where your quest companion would not respawn upon relogging in the final battle area.
- Fixed a number of audio timing and voice over issues.
- The Sea Runs Restless:
- Fixed an issue where leaving the shaman cave early would prevent you from re-entering.
- Fixed a number of quest assist pin issues related to this quest.
- Increased the drop chance of the Antiquity Leads Sclerotic Tentacle and Bloodshot Oculus for the Mora’s Whispers Mythic item.
- Updated the Antiquity for Lefthander’s Aegis Belt to match the naming of the actual Mythic item.
- Adjusted several dig sites in Galen to better fit the terrain and boundaries.
- Mythic Antiquities in Galen now have proper icons in the Antiquity Codex.
- Fixed several typos affecting Galen-related antiquities.
- Fixed an issue where Harrowstorm-specific Vampire Lords could get into a state where they could not be killed while flying.
- Feasting in the Dark: Fixed an issue where using “Show on Map” to locate the world boss and tormented spirits wouldn’t always show you the area where they are located.
- Fixed an issue where the House Dufort Shipyards were using the incorrect Point of Interest icon.
- Fixed an issue with some card audio not playing correctly.
- Forest Wraith and Druid King Vestments no longer refer to themselves as part of their “While In Play” effects.
- Reduced the power granted by Forest Wraith’s “While In Play” effect from 2 to 1.
- Increased the health of the Eldertide Fenwitch and Draoife Ritecaller from 1 to 3.
- Fixed an issue that could cause patron Ansei Frandar Hunding to not grant a coin while favored at the start of your turn.
- NPCs are now a little smarter about using the Celarus patron power.
- Fixed an issue that prevented Knock Out effects if an opponent had exactly 6 agents and their 5th agent had taunt.
- Relabeled the “Combos & Triggers” panel in Tribute matches to “Played Effects”.
- Renamed the card created to your cooldown by the Draoife Ritecaller to the Wispheart Totem instead of the Wispcaller Totem.
- Updated the name of the special Patron used by the Tribute Grand Master in Galen.
- Updated the Galen Tribute Grandmaster’s special patron to no longer say “Unusable” while still usable.
- Added the Druid King deck unlock icon.
- Added icons for the Druid King Vestments and Wispheart Totem upgrades when discovering them in Tamriel.
- Fixed an issue where bashing could clear your Heavy Attack inputs.
- Animal Companion
- Advanced Species: Increased the Critical Damage bonus of this passive to 2/4% per ability slotted, up from 1/3%.
Developer Comment: We’ve reworked the Glacial Presence’s offensive bonus of Critical Damage and decided to bring a portion of it into this passive to make up for some of that potential loss. This should help retain relative Critical Damage potential while making the class less restricted with a capped stat.
- Winter’s Embrace
- Glacial Presence: This passive now increases the damage done by your Chilled status effect based on a value determined by your highest offensive stats, rather than adding 10% Critical Damage and Healing to recently Chilled targets.
Developer Comment: It didn’t feel right having two passives that essentially did the same thing (between this and Advanced Species). As such, we’re making Glacial Presence grant a bonus damage modifier that scales with your Offensive stats. This way, we don’t need to worry too much about tankier builds getting a lot of power out of this passive, while helping the generic damage of the class go up when utilizing their kit and rewarding them even more if they are focused on Frost Damage as a whole. We’re not too concerned about the potential Critical Healing loss here either since the requirement of an ally recently being Chilled was only applicable in PvP, where Warden healers specifically will be losing this small bit of power.
- Piercing Cold: Increased the damage done bonus of this passive to 6 and 12% with an Ice Staff equipped, up from 5 and 10%.
Developer Comment: Rather than increasing the generic damage bonus of this passive, we’re relying on Glacial Presence’s new effect to help the base line Warden experience, then sweetening the deal slightly for those extra frosty builds out there.
- Destruction Staff
- Weakness to Elements: Increased the duration of this morph to 30 seconds at its final rank, up from 20.
- Elemental Drain (morph): This morph now increases the duration to 60 seconds at its final rank, up from 23.
- Elemental Susceptibility (morph):
- This morph now applies each elemental status effect (Burning, Chilled, AND Concussed) every 6 seconds, rather than applying a random of the three every 6 seconds.
- This morph no longer gains extended duration and now lasts 30 seconds, down from 60.
- Fixed an issue where the status effects from this ability could fail to apply.
- Increased the range to 35 meters at rank IV, up from 33 meters.
Developer Comment: We’re moving around some of the morph diversity here to reinforce use case and define the power of each. Since Elemental Drain focuses on being more of a pure debuff, the duration extension feels more appropriate there, while Elemental Susceptibility reinforces the offensive bonuses we added a few patches back.
- Faun’s Lark Cladding: Fixed an issue where the tooltip text for healing of this set was not properly scaling with effective healing bonuses.
- Syrabane’s Ward: Fixed an issue where you could not mount while this set was equipped.
- Fixed an issue where Random Battleground queuing was enabled for characters below level 50 characters during a Battleground weekend.
- Fixed an issue where your character could incorrectly play the swimming animation when teleporting to another location while in water.
- Corrected a typo in the description for the Aurielic Quasigriff’s fragments.
Dark Heart of Skyrim Celebration
- Fixed an issue where Harrowstorms were not giving extra loot during this event.
- Fixed an issue where Resource Nodes yields were not improved throughout Blackreach during this event.
- Fixed an issue where certain items were not dropping at the desired rates from regular Boxes of Grey Host Pillage.
- Fixed an issue where completing dailies during this event would reward three event tickets instead of one per zone.
- Mel Adrys’s map of Gray Host Ritual Sites is no longer a map of the Rift. Dude got real lost.
New Life Festival
- Fixed some issues with personality props staying in your character’s hands when using New Life Festival toys such as juggling knives, fire-breather’s oil buns, and disposable swallower’s swords.
- Corrected the names for the new furnishing plans to correctly match their crafting professions.
- Updated the icon for the Antique Map of Galen furnishing to reflect the visuals of the actual map. Unfortunately, the icon got a little… turned around, and the islands are upside down. Look forward to right-side up islands soon!
- The Lava Spout Achievement furnishing will now glow in all states, and now has two intensities of lava splashes for its second and third states.
- Note the state names and interact prompts are adjusted to reflect this.
- Fixed an issue where the green outline for proper placement would sometimes appear to tint the whole furnishing instead of only being an outline.
- Adjusted the default rotation for the Vines, Ashen Moss furnishing to better align with surfaces.
- Corrected a small stutter near the end of the Sea Elf Galleon Helm’s spinning animation.
- Added a “Show House Tracker” setting to the Interface settings. When disabled, this will hide the new UI element that tells you which house you are in and how many people are present.
- Added support for sending and using house links via in game mail in Gamepad Mode.
- Fixed a rare crash that could occur when you start loading as the leader of a group.
- Fixed a UI issue with ResizeToFitDescendents and DimensionContraints not respecting 0 as not being set.
- When opening mail, you will now see a loading spinner icon while mail is retrieved.
Source: PTS Patch Notes v8.2.2 — Elder Scrolls Online