This morning ZOS released the ESO PC/Mac Patch Notes v8.0.6 which includes a much welcome change to the drop availability of one of the Oakensoul leads! Hopefully this will help with the crowd of characters all trying to lock pick the same safeboxes in Murkmire. There are also a few smaller fixes to High Isle quests as well as the Dreadsail Reef trial.
For guides on where to find the leads for all of the Mythics, check out Deltia’s guide here, or for Oakensoul specifically click here!
Read on below for more information, or click here for the official patch notes post.
The Elder Scrolls Online v8.0.6 fixes a number of issues within High Isle including quests, Dreadsail Reef trial, Tales of Tribute, and even made a few changes for the popular Petrified Oaken Loop Lead. We also fixed a few game crashes, un-fixed a fix we made in Update 34 involving emotes and props, made a change to ensure the audio you select at the title screen persists upon relogging, and more. The size of this patch is approximately 132MB.
- Fixes & Improvements
- High Isle
- Combat & Gameplay
- Base Game
Dreadsail Reef Trial
- All Dreadsail pirates will now properly engage in the Fleet Queen’s Parlors when appropriate.
- You will now be relocated to the correct location should you fall off in Tempest Heights.
- Lylanar and Turlassil
- Fallen Companions are no longer removed should the encounter reset.
- Updated the effect tooltip for the Hindered effect.
- Calamitous Swords and Incendiary Axes no longer explode outward when their caster is defeated.
- The Destructive Ember and Piercing Hailstone now remain active for longer after either Lylanar or Turlassil are defeated.
- Decreased the damage of Scorching Hack and Freezing Slash.
- After casting Charred Constriction, Lylanar no longer follows up immediately with a Scorching Hack.
- After casting Frigidarium, Turlassil no longer follows up immediately with a Freezing Slash.
- Being hit by Charred Constriction or Frigidarium now removes Devitalized, Rattled and Hindered.
- Reduced the stun duration of Charred Constriction and Frigidarium when applied to players holding either dome, after activating the Challenge Banner.
- Tideborn Taleria
- The Active Combat Text for Rapid Deluge now correctly refers to Tideborn Taleria rather than a Tideborn Tale as old as time.
- Dreadsail Ascension will once again kill all player characters within the Coral Caldera.
- Doubled the drop rate for many Antiquity Leads found in safeboxes, including the Petrified Oaken Loop.
- Introduced another source for the Petrified Oaken Loop Lead for you to discover.
- Fixed a dig site in High Isle that was spawning below the ground.
- Esh’curnu the Behemoth in the Firepot Delve will now respawn appropriately.
- The Knight and Squire no longer cause Captain Jimila or any other NPCs following you to despawn when they depart on their adventures.
- The NPCs in Castle Navire will no longer provide a bounty if attacked.
- Adjusted the audio so you can now properly hear Bloodmage Cassel’s VO in Ralzar Sanguine Spire.
- Fixed several issues related to quest rewards including unusable items, incorrect enchantments, and item sets.
- You can now properly travel to your friends as expected around High Isle.
- Fixed an issue where books were spawning below the fixtures or terrain they were supposed to be resting on.
- Each Volcanic Vent now has a unique name.
- The Ascending Storm:
- Irnskar will now appear more reliably in Memorial Hall.
- Fixed an issue where your quest progress could roll back when re-entering Memorial Hall.
- Escape from Amenos: You can now find Lady Ayrenn where the quest pin says she’s located on the quest step to talk to her.
- Tournament of the Heart: Fixed an issue where your quest progress could become blocked while in a group on the quest step to Unlock the Catacombs.
- Tower Full of Trouble:
- This quest will now properly reset on the correct quest step if you exit the area or reload after lighting the ritual sconces.
- You can now correctly use the Spoon of Undo to transform the Enchanted Cows back to their natural forms.
- You can now advance to the end of the quest even if Ember remains behind to examine her handiwork.
- The Missing Prowler:
- Staggered group members can now free the Prowler independent of each other.
- All group mates can now collect the Prowler key or receive it when others in their group obtain it.
- Fixed an issue that prevented Tribute daily quests from granting Tribute rank experience.
- Fixed an issue where achievements requiring Tales of Tribute matches against NPCs were not progressing after NPC matches.
- If a Tribute player’s ready check is declined, the other player is now automatically reentered in the queue.
- Jeering Shadow now is the same cost as the Prowling Shadow card it upgrades into.
- The Eastmarch Tribute club now has an expert player.
- Tribute NPCs are now a little smarter about strategies using some Patron abilities.
- Fixed an issue that caused Murzaga gra-Ghorn to disappear when losing a match to her until you reloaded the zone.
- Tribute Hidden Masters will no longer present redundant dialogue options.
- Fixed an issue that resulted in some rewards being awarded incorrectly.
- Updated many Tribute instructional pop-ups for clarity.
- Fixed an issue where rank up rewards would not appear in the match end summary.
- The Tribute post-match summary now correctly displays rewards granted for increasing club rank and displays the correct value for current seasonal XP progress instead of a full bar.
- Deafening Roar (morph): Fixed an issue where this morph was not applying Off Balance to enemies.
- Rolled back a previous fix affecting fixture props. You can now once again have your own weapons appear when using some emotes, like /sworddance, if you are clever enough to figure out how…
- The selected Chapter audio selection will now properly persist upon each log in.
- Fixed an issue where the house image would appear behind the background in the house purchase UI in Gamepad Mode, making it appear dark and hard to see.
- Reverted an unintentional change to the base of one of the archway pillars in Shalidor’s Shrouded Realm.
- Fixed a crash that was most likely to happen when logging out or exiting the game.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when resizing or moving the game window, or when changing the Fullscreen mode in the option menu.
- All legal documents are now translated into Spanish when using the Spanish game client.
- Fixed an issue where the game would launch in English even if the Launcher was set to Spanish.
- The Infernium monster and all bosses using that model are now visible once more.
- Fixed an issue on Steam or DMM where the text fields to create or link your account would appear behind the background and be hard to see.
Fixed an issue where the tooltip for alliance/class/race in character creation would lose its background when toggling the gear preview.