The Firesong DLC is a day away from dropping on consoles, but today there is a patch for players on PCs! Focusing on bug fixes and stopping game crashes, there isn’t a lot to these patch notes but hopefully this will be a big help to some of the performance issues players have been having. To read the officials ESO PC/Mac Patch Notes v8.2.6 – Firesong & Update 36 post click HERE, or keep reading below!
The Elder Scrolls Online v8.2.6 fixes some additional game crashes introduced with the launch of Update 36, in addition to a fix for not being able to edit guild permissions, a fix for the delve boss in Embervine not respawning, a number of Firesong quest fixes, and more. The size of this patch is approximately 156MB.
- Fixes & Improvements
- High Isle
- Combat & Gameplay
- Combat & Abilities
- Base Game
- Fixed an issue where several Druids were wearing the incorrect outfits.
- Fixed an issue where the gold portions of the House Mornard Motifs would turn green if dyed blue.
- Bankers in Vastyr will now offer proper services.
- Fixed an issue where petting a certain cow could give you meat, leather, or guts. It doesn’t work that way.
- Fixed an issue where the “Firesong Spring, Basalt” achievement furnishing had incorrect visuals when viewed from very far away.
- Updated a number of new craftable furnishings that you can sit on to have the appropriate “Sittable” tag in their tooltips.
- Fixed an issue that would cause the delve boss of Embervine, Druid Rerlas, to not respawn after being defeated.
- A Sea of Troubles: Fixed an issue where there were two map pins for Dhulef on the step to talk to him.
- An Eye for an Eye: Fixed an issue where an interaction with a hiding spot would sometimes appear below ground.
- Helpful Handbills: Fixed an issue where handbills were not properly aligned with the walls.
- Shaky Job Prospects: Fixed an issue where Hierot could walk away from his initial conversation if spoken to quickly.
- The Dream of Kasorayan: Fixed an issue where Druid Avien faced the wrong direction when discussing the stone tablet with Kasorayan’s final dream.
- The Hidden Lord:
- Fixed an issue where standing in a specific spot during the quest step “Search Knight Commander’s Private Chamber” could cause the map compass icon to change rapidly.
- Fixed an issue where the Garden Key was hidden beneath a rope when searching Garick’s Rest dungeons.
- Fixed an issue where Druid Laurel would examine a rune-less column after declaring “Those carvings! Definitely druidic.”
- The Ivy Throne:
- Fixed an issue where you would sometimes not be ported out at the end of the quest.
- Fixed an issue if your character died on the quest step “Return to Vastyr”, you would not be routed back to the correct location upon resurrecting.
- Fixed an issue where Lady Arabelle Davaux’s stance was far too casual for someone in the heat of battle.
- Fixed an issue where Lady Arabelle Davaux chose to walk through the surf instead of the sand when following you across the beach.
- Fixed an issue where falling off the boat would not properly display how to get back on it.
- The Sea Runs Restless: Fixed an issue where reading a note near Umindior before he asks you to read it could cause the quest to become stuck.
- Fixed an issue that caused some NPCs to use the old patron version for Sorceror-King Orgnum.
- Tales of Tribute NPCs are now a little smarter.
- Green Balance
- Healing Seed
- Budding Seed (morph): Fixed an issue where this morph’s heal on end or recast could return improperly based on the number of targets in the area.
- Fixed an issue where you could not open the Strange Chest leading into Crow’s Wood if you had a companion, follower, or pet active.
- You can no longer leave the Isle of Balfiera by accepting the first Clockwork City main story quest from the Stories section of your Collections interface.
- Fixed an issue that would consistently cause a crash to desktop without an error message.
- Fixed an issue that could cause your game to crash, most commonly occurring when running Map addons.
- Turning on the “Limit followers in town” setting no longer causes a game crash.
- Monster Uppercut abilities will now knock back and stun your character more reliably.
- A Graveyard of Ships: Fixed issue where you could not access the conversation with First Mate Jalan to trigger the event.
- In-game links will now send you to the correct websites.
Guilds & Guild Functionality
- Fixed an issue where you could not edit guild permissions.
Simplified Chinese Game Client
Placeholder icons no longer appear on some Gamepad screens in Simplified Chinese.
The mail subject line no longer gets cutoff in Simplified Chinese with Accessibility Mode turned off.
The login screen no longer displays English when language is set to Simplified Chinese.
Additional ESO Guides:
If you’re looking for a one-bar PvE builds click HERE, one-bar PvP builds HERE or one-bar Werewolves builds HERE. Also, consider watching me on TWITCH where you can ask me questions about my current builds.