Welcome to the updated Frag-Out ESO Sorcerer PvP Build for ESO Patch 2.0.11. This guide will show Sorc skills, gear, passives, champion system and more. Check out the video for game play and tutorials.
ALL UPDATED CONTENT WILL BE POSTED HERE
Table of Contents
The Sorcerer is the king of mobility, single target burst in PvP and the magic caster archetype. I want to create a powerful, yet simple build that anyone can use to level, PvP and play Imperial City and Maelstrom Arena. You’ll be using wards and shields as defense, movement and mobility to escape, then blast your opponent with monster burst damage. If you love the speedy range caster, try this build.
Should you play this build?
+ Ranged damage
+ Burst damage
+ Toons of speed
– Not easy to learn
– Large learning curve for new players
- Destruction Touch (morphed into Destructive Reach) – Our early spammable offensive ability that is used until we have a C-Frags proc.
- Walls of Elements (morphed into Elemental Blockade) – An early magic AoE that helps leveling clearing trash mobs or grinding.
- Force Shock (morphed into Force Pulse) – We replace Reach with Pulse for more single target damage.
- Weakness to Elements (morphed into Elemental Drain) – A great PvE ability for maintaining max magic while leveling.
- Impulse (morphed into Pulsar) – Our spammable AoE ability that procs disintegration with Lighting Staff.
- Grand Healing (morphed into Healing Springs) – An early AoE heal that can be helpful until you get Blood Magic passive.
- Regeneration (morphed into Mutagen) – I switch this in for Healing Springs until I get Healing Ward to shield myself.
- Steadfast Ward (morphed into Healing Ward) – Our basic defense and healing ability. Combine this with two other shields, Harness Magicka from Light Armor and Hardened Warded from Daedric Summoning for massive defense.
- Daedric Curse (morphed into Velocious Curse) – The first part to hits like a mac daddy dizzle truck. Also does some great AoE while leveling which the Sorc lacks. Get this early for something useful to use while leveling Summoning skill line.
- Bound Armor (morphed into Bound Aegis) – This is more of a PvE skill to give max magicka, but grab it and level it so you don’t have to later.
- Conjured Ward (morphed into Hardened Ward) – The mother of all shields, it’s worth leveling Summoning to 42 for major protection.
- Crystal Shard (morphed into Crystal Fragments) – C-Frag, what else can you say? Combine this with Blood Magic passive for early leveling self healing. And for Nirn sakes, don’t spam cast this.
- Encase (morphed into Shattering Prison) – I love this for group or solo play, stunning constantly with frags and encase so they can’t close the distance with melee.
- Rune Prison (morphed into Defensive Rune) – A highly underrated skill that can save you from being ganked. Keep up this 2.5 minute buff and that nasty Nightblade will be stunned when they attack.
- Daedric Mines (morphed into Daedric Minefield) – A great utility ability to immobile enemies that enter your Minefield.
- Mage’s Fury (morphed into Endless Fury while leveling, Mage’s Wrath at end game) – The finisher move that procs when enemies drop below 20% health, KABOOM batman style. Also good for PvE execution phase.
- Lighting Form (morphed into Boundless Storm) – Speed, resistance and you can proc Disintegration so yeah worth using until you get streak.
- Lighting Splash (morphed into Liquid Lighting) – A decent AoE for leveling, but you’ll replace this later for Impulse. It’s useful to level Storm Calling and PvE dungeons.
- Surge (morphed into Power Surge) – Healing for doing crits, yeah it’s amazing and it last a very long time. I usually use Mages Guild Entropy early and replace it with Surge when available.
- Bolt Escape (morphed into Streak) -Probably the “coolest” ability in the game. I take Streak morph to use this offensively blasting through enemies and lowering their blocks.
Levels 25-Veteran 1
- Power Stone – Sorcs do not get an ultimate generation tool like other classes, but we have massive reduction in ultimate cost. Only obtain this passive early on.
- Unholy Knowledge – This is very useful early on when resources management is hard and you don’t have a whole lot of light armor passives.
- Blood Magic – Probably the best early on passive making C-Frags heal you for 8% of your max health. Usually this is enough to keep you in the fight while leveling.
- Capacitor – Increase magicka recovery by 10%, yes please. Combine this with High Elf passive, wow resource juggernaut even early on.
- Disintegrate – A unique and awesome passive that vaporizes low health enemies around 20% health. Another reason to use Boundless Storms while AoE mobs up close.
- Cycle of Life – The only thing I really use early on is this passive for extra magicka off heavy attacks.
- Elemental Force – Gives our spells more likelihood to apply stats effects which is needed for AoE.
- Evocation – Less magicka cost is a must just starting a new character, I get this priority number one.
- Recovery – Passive priority number two, regeneration combined with Capacitor starts to give us the edge in combat.
Tips and Miscellaneous
- High Elf – I’ve had a VR 14 High Elf and a Vr 16 Breton and I can tell you, High Elf is much better. More damage and sustained, take it if you’re starting out.
- Breton – If not, Breton will do, but it’s not as beneficial as High Elf.
- Dunmer – If you like playing stamina or magicka, pick this race because it does well with both. Plus fire resistance is always a plus.
- Attributes – Go all magicka while leveling and enchant your gear with health if you feel you don’t have enough.
- Vampire or Werewolf – I love Vampire on my guy and took it at level 11. The Undeath passive goes very well with Healing Ward not to mention a beastly low cost Ultimate Devouring Swarms that makes leveling a breeze. I need more testing at end game, but I love vampire while leveling.
- Mundus Stone – I choose the Atronach right away for magicka recovery, than the Shadow later on for big time crit damage. If you lack Champion Points, stick with Atronach (found in Cyrodiil at level 10).
- Weapons and Gear – I go with Lighting staff and all light armor. For set bonuses, 3 piece Torgus Pact and 5 piece Seducer (for low CP) or Magnus (for high CP).
- Food and Consumables – I used regeneration drinks while leveling just for more casting but will go food at end.
- Level all of your skill lines to 50
- Level Mages Guild and Fighters Guild to 10
- Start working on Undaunted skill line to acquire passives
- Gather skill points and skyshard and finish all the passives
- Now experiement, what works well for you? Maybe more single target, more AoE, more healing, etc. Start dipping your toes into PvP and grind away to VR16. Cya there.
Bar One – Destruction Offensive
- Streak (morph of Bolt Escape | Storm Calling skill line) – Speed, stun and decent damage. Do not over cast this without four seconds, but use it to create space and stun mobs briefly.
- Crushing Shock (morph of Force Shock | Destruction Staff skill line) – My main spammable ability with a ranged interrupt. The only round I swap this out is on stage 7, otherwise it’s great for ranged DPS.
- Hardened Ward (morph of Conjured Ward | Daedric Summoning skill line) – I front bar this as my main source of protection though if you want you can use Velocious Curse. If you’re not good with bar swapping and resource management, keep it on.
- Elemental Ring (morph of Impulse | Destruction Staff skill line) – I mostly use single target throughout, but this is a good AoE ability to pair with streak. Use this when you need to kill a boss and additional mobs at once.
- Crystal Fragments (morph of Crystal Shards | Dark Magic skill line) – Frag Out, woot still hits hard and I’ll so a trick to increasing your DPS with it in the video.
- Shooting Star (morph of Meteor | Mages Guild skill line) – Having this slotted gives us a boost with mages guild skill line and if we hit enough targets in one shot, we can still activate Overload for a third bar.
Bar Two – Restoration Defensive
- Boundless Storm (morph of Lighting Form | Storm Calling skill line) – A huge boost to armor and spell resist and much need speed. Plus, it does damage and can proc disintegration Streaking through mobs.
- Power Surge (morph of Surge | Storm Calling skill line) – I use this over Entropy for two reasons, one the duration and two the self healing. I love Entropy for burst in PvP but the added healing when my wards are down often saves my life.
- Hardened Ward (morph of Conjured Ward | Daedric Summoning skill line) – I like to have this double bared so I always know, regardless of which bar I’m on, I have a panic button. As you become comfortable with mobs and the arena, you can swap something in on the front bar.
- Harness Magicka (morph of Annulment | Light Armor skill line) – This only procs against spell damage, but there’s ton of that in the arena. Pair these two wards together for magic return and a defense against any attack.
- Healing Ward (morph of Steadfast Ward | Restoration Staff skill line) – I use this skill only when my health has dropped below 40%. Once I pop healing ward to cover my health bar, I throw Hardened and Harness over it. Trick is to not recast healing ward and let its duration continue for full heal.
- Energy Overload (morph of Overload | Storm Calling skill line) – A third bar, the best ult we have and magic return on hits. This is the sole reason you can get pretty aggressive with your gear and not worry about recovery.
Bar Three – Energy Overload Ultimate
- Dark Conversion (morph of Dark Exchange | Dark Magic) – A way to sacrifice extra stamina for magicka in between rounds to get topped off.
- Power Surge (morph of Surge | Storm Calling skill line) – I keep this on here in case my buff runs out and I need to recast for self healing.
- Hardened Ward (morph of Conjured Ward | Daedric Summoning skill line) – Once I activate overload, I don’t want to turn it on and off in case I’m taking heavy damage so I use these buffs on this bar as well.
- Harness Magicka (morph of Annulment | Light Armor skill line) – Same as above.
- Mage’s Wrath (morph of Mage’s Fury | Storm Calling skill line) – I almost always have enough ult to turn Overload on and I save my execute on this bar just for that.
- Energy Overload (morph of Overload | Storm Calling skill line) – Most have on.
- 2 pieces Engine Guardian – It’s skill king of resources though if you have a high regeneration build I’d go with Molag Kena.
- 5 pieces Julianos (or Twice Born Star) – I prefer Julianos because I have flexibility with Mundus stones, though TBS did out preform Julianos barely in my test. You can’t go wrong with either.
- 1 Maelstrom Staff (or any other staff) – It’s beast, but until you get them, go with a Nirnhoned Fire or Lighting Staff.
- 3 pieces Willpower Set – Found in Imperial City this jewelry still rocks.
Most important passive you can get is The Warrior, Lord, Bastion. It makes your wards incredibly powerful. Other than that, the normal magicka setup I use in my other Sorc Builds.
For detailed information, watch the video up top as I spend more time explaining game play.
Sorc PvP Prior to 2.0
Bar One | Destruction Staff (Lighting)
- Streak (morph of Bolt Escape | Storm Calling skill line)
- Crushing Shock (morph of Force Shock | Destruction Staff skill line)
- Velocious Curse (morph of Daedric Curse | Daedric Summoning skill line)
- Pulsar (morph of Impulse | Destruction Staff skill line)
- Crystal Fragments (morph of Crystal Shards | Dark Magic skill line)
- [Ultimate] Devouring Swarm (morph of Bat Swarm | World Vampire skill line)
Bar Two | Restoration Staff
- Streak (morph of Bolt Escape | Storm Calling skill line)
- Daedric Minefield (morph of Daedric Mines | Dark Magic skill line)
- Harness Magicka (morph of Annulment | Light Armor skill line)
- Hardened Ward (morph of Conjure Ward | Daedric Summoning skill line)
- Healing Ward (morph of Steadfast Ward | Restoration Staff skill line)
- [Ultimate] Absorption Field (morph of Negate Magic | Dark Magic skill line)
- Cyrodiil’s Light – 248,000 Alliance Point gear found in Cyrodiil Elite Merchant Vendor. You can also obtain via guild traders as this is trade-able. Additionally, there are 33,000 VR 6 version of this gear for starters. A cheaper substitute would be Healer‘s jewelry.
- Adroitness – Only found through Crypt of Heart boss drops. The necklace is bind on equip so you can also obtain through guild traders. Go with healers if you can’t get any other jewelry set at end game.
- Magnus – Four trait craft-able set in all three factions. Found in these locations Aldmeri Dominion (Greenshade | Arananga, Daggerfall Covenant (Rivenspire | Vaewend Ede), Ebonheart Pact (Shadowfen | Xal haj-ei Shrine). There isn’t a substitute for this set because you can use the Nirnhoned trait.
- Engine Guardian – The helm drops in Darkshade Cavern from the final boss while the shoulders are apart of the Undaunted Pledge gold key rewards.
The Skill lines that I max are: light armor, medium armor, heavy armor, restoration staff, destruction staff, alliance war support, assault, mages guild, fighters guild, storm calling, daedric summoning, dark magic, vampire, racial and alchemy medical use.
- Unholy Knowledge and Blood Magic Dark Magic skill line
- Power Stone Daedric Summoning skill line
- Capacitor and Disintegrate Storm Calling skill line
- Evocation and Recovery Light Armor skill line
- Supernatual Recovery and Undeath World Vampire skill line
- Gift of Magnus and Magicka Mastery Racial
The Warrior (red)
Bastion from the Lord (boost your shields)
The Mage (blue)
Elfborn and Spell Erosion until you reach 30 points for 12% more critical than 100 points into Thaumaturge in The Ritual
The Thief (green)
Mooncalf (small amount of stamina recovery since I’m not a Werewolf)
Arcanist and Magician (split 50/50)
- Mundus – Atronach though Mage would produce more damage. If you can’t cast spells, you’re dead so balance the two.
- Vampire v Werewolf – I like Vampire since I play with a group and Bat Swarm is very powerful charging into a group. If you’re more of a solo player, Werewolf might be a better choice.
- Attributes – Honestly these aren’t too important, but I go 50 magicka and 12 health. I want 20,000 health and 30,000 magicka if possible though some people go full magicka for higher power shields.
- Race – Anything can work, but I stick with something strong in magicka like Breton, High Elf or Dunmer.
“When in doubt, FRAG OUT”
Check video for game play
Matias Miller says
Could the vampire ultimate be replaced with a storm atronach?
For solo play and dueling yes.
How do i get the magnus lightining staff ?
you craft it?
if you need someone to craft it for you im on the euro server @matt.colqhoun
? Still available to do so?
Hi dude generally speaking of pvp duelling and taking into consideration the prismatic onslaught glphs is being a vampire in not a good option? A dude hit me for 14k heavy attack and messaged me to say ditch the vampire.
I’m no dueler, but you def do not want vampire in small group PvP or solo. You get one-shot camo huntered and it’s the major downside to vampire.
How do you feel it does in PvE?
Bad, it’s not meant for that, Ignition is.
Nice build, For a lot of us 4 pieces of Nirn gear is prohibitive. Simply dont have the time to grind it out or the in game cash. Its pretty much a necessity for a light armor class though the damage is off the charts in cyrodiil. particularly for this build with a 16K max health, you better have a pocket healer because a NB sees that health pool and your eating wrecking blows.
Lol I’m here with 35k health and I’m getting wrecking blows til death….. Or crystal frags
How much of a disadvantage would it be to use this build with a redguard. Would using the morph of dark exchange balance it out?
You can make it work, plus stamina is important to any build now. But yes, it wouldn’t be optimal.
Ok thanks, I will try this build out and see if I can make it work for me.
I have a redguard sorcerer also. They do have a disadvantage in that they do not have any racial passives for magicka. However you can adjust things via the armor sets, jewlery, enchantments and Champ points to make it work. For pvp the go to Redguard Sorcerer is King Richard, he’s got a few youtube videos about his mage build in PVP. He also recently started experimenting with a Stamina Build for his Redguard Sorcerer, waiting to hear more about that. So it’s worth it to see what he’s been doing too.
There are many other fantastic character builders and PvPers. By all means if what he does sounds and looks fun, play it. I personally align my race and class together.
Deltia, I would love to see PvE Umbra build!
Working on it, hit VR14 with an underwhelming build so it might take a lot longer.
Fastest way to level your vet from 1 to 14
How mandatory is Crushing Shock and Pulsar? Because I use Force Pulse and Elemental Ring for PvE and I’d rather not switch morphs.
In the video I point out Pulsar can be changed out for Mages Fury but yeah the other morphs are good as well.
Austin Boehlke says
Hey Was Wondering if there’s a build I can run with as a high elf DPs sorc with dual wield swords and destro staff
My Ignition Build uses that.
Matias Miller says
Why are you not using the third hotbar?
I do in the video and show you a trick with it.
There is a third hotbar… learn sth new everyday
Overload gives you a third bar
Activating the ultimate overload gives you access to a 3rd bar.
Kyle Predmore says
Not shure if i should go with this or the umbra. What do you think
Depends on your style and what you want to do at end game.
Kyle Predmore says
Id like to be abele to take and dish out alot of damage really
Just wondering why do you pick Velocious Curse over Inevitable detonation?
I don’t have access to detonation.
Deltia – which add-on are you using that shows the gear and CP layout in that last screenshot?
Also, nice work on this, looks like an effective build!
Just searched ESOUI – is it ‘My Build’?
Question, why not have inner light on both bars, energy overload on bar 2 and have bolt escape on the 3rd bar to use when needed. I am curious as I have a close build to yours just I love the extra 10% spell crit you get with the inner light, thanks
Mr Newbee says
Where do you get the robot pet that shoots rays at you?
I see it in PVP but don’t know it’s name or how to get it.
It’s hyperlinked in the guide (Engine Guardian).
Is an Imperial an OK race to play this on? I know it’s not optimal, but I rolled an Imperial because I like them as a race but I’m not sure if I will be okay in PvP because of the passives. I’m currently V7 so should I reroll an Altmer before I hit V14?
Also, is there any way to swap in endless fury? It seems to be too good a finisher to pass up, so why leave it out. Finally, is there any way to use liquid lightning in this build?
Imperial is great but maybe not the best on this guild. It will work. If you’re VR7 stick with it. Take out Pulsar for Fury if you want.
I think I’ll stick to pulsar then, it’s a nice ability and its fun to use. I’ll just stick with my Imperial too.
I was just wondering if I will be able to PvP well at endgame even with an Imperial. It feels like the health and stamina boost for Imperial is helpful in any class, but I just feel like it’s a bit of a setback. I originally rolled Imperial since I feel like they’re quite similar to me, and at launch I was really into the “play as you want” thing. But yeah is it going to set me back way too much at endgame?
No you can make any race work you just need a good amount of champion points
Awesome work as usal but let me quote Bronlo “June 30, 2015 at 1:40 am Deltia, I would love to see PvE Umbra build!” we all would… many many ppl would 🙂 and possibily magicka-melee oriented but anything with a dps higher than other magicka nb’s pve builds will work 😉 our pve dps needs a lot of help
What is an “Umbra build” ?
Yeah I have an underwhelming version right now. Trying to fix it.
On your other builds you had a section where you outlined what to cast and in what rotation to get the max benefits. What is best for this build for both Solo and Group encounters? Cheers
That is done in the video saying me massive time written it all down. Written is more of a reference while the videos show you examples.
Would you still recommend vampire for a high elf
Yes Breton close second.
Can I make this work with a high elf? I’m a noob when it comes to any mmo and don’t trust myself to make build decisions. I thank creators like yourself for acting as a crutch for people like me.
I should learn to read better. “Race – Anything can work, but I stick with something strong in magicka like Breton, High Elf or Dunmer.” So sorry…
Cant watch the vid atm but wondering how come you picked shock staff with shock glyph? And since the spam spell is elemental based how come you skipped the elem damage CP? I understand you want to stack the dmg on frag but wouldn’t the points be better spent if you put a little bit in elem damage, maybe every 4 points of thamurage? Due to diminishing returns. Thanks great build!
Hi Deltia, big fan, I was wondering if you can tell me any reemplace for the ultimate because I don’t want to be a vampire
I meant replacement
I suggest alternatives in the video.
Hi, in the gear list the magnus set is in light, but the screen of the set bonus show a heavy armor set. Can you clarify which is right?
Oh, and I forgot, I been going with martial knowledge so far and already have all the set parts in the bank for V14. But I guess martial knowledge was supposed to be more for Ingnition, right?
Yes, one is for PvP, one for PvE.
I have checked many different sites in order to find some info on stamina sorcerer builds and viability. You have provided a lot of useful information and was wondering what your thoughts are on bow/one hand shield stamina builds for a sorc? Can they be viable, what race options would you suggest, etc? Any help would be appreciated.
Is it viable? Sure, but they’re hard to play due to lack of healing and shields.
If you are planning on making a dps, I’d suggest not using a shield. 2h is so much better on sorc because of critical rush will always heal you when you have surge active and will deal much more damage.
Oh yes and there viability in PvP?
I’ve seen you mention doing either 5/2 or 5/1/1 for gear. What does maxing each armor skill do to make it worth doing? The 1st passive for each would seem like a small gain, and then after that, you’d be required to have more armor of whatever type to get x increase. Can you please explain this a bit more on its benefits?
Maxing the armor passives aren’t that important but it’s worth taking if you have tons of skill points.
Hmm… My apologize. My posts seem to disappear after posting them. Happened a few other times I posted. And now that I posted a negative comment my other post appear now… Not sure why this is happening. Once again, my apologize.
It’s because I have to approve them, I’m not removing them.
What consumables do you use?
I show in the video.
Maybe I missed it in a comment or in the build explanation above, if so, I apologize. How do you counter the increase fire damage with vampire of on this build?
Massive champion points and spell resistance with Nirnhoned.
Thanks! Appreciate the response.
I noticed you mentioned how important it is to keep your wards up and had a question about using Overload.
I just tried swapping bars while Overload is active and no dice. This means that every time I need to reapply a ward, I have to first exit my ult, then swap, cast, swap back, and activate ult again. Overload lasts a pretty long time if other spells are mixed in too.
Do you think this is too much for small group PvP? If so, do you think having the wards in my Overload bar with Streak and shards would be decent?
You can put two shields on your overlord bar if you’re having trouble. And yes 🙂
I just tried swapping bars while Overload is active and no dice. This means that every time I need to reapply a ward, I have to exit my ult, swap, cast, swap back, and activate the ult again. Overload lasts a pretty long time when using other spells as well.
Do you think this is too much for small group PvP? If so, do you think having the wards in my Overload bar with Streak and shards would be decent?
Hello, I am a VR14 Imperial Templar on PS4 and I am thinking about making a Sorcerer as my second character, which race would you think that would shine at an end game PvP? Altmer vs Breton? Thank you!
I answer that question in this post/video.
Kenneth Dizon says
what are some alternative ultimates that you could use if you don’t have the vampirism skill line?
I go over them in video.
Hello Deltia! I am new to ESO and started with a Sorcerer. I am currently following your Ignition build and was wondering will I be able to follow Ignition and this build aswell? Like am I able to have every skill possible so I can have a PvE and PvP build? Or do I need to stick with 1 build?
I stick with one depending on morphs, but its easy to change them out for PvE/PvP.
Aaron Zarox says
Thanks for the extremely helpful guide on this build.
Really good for PvP. However, isn’t it better to have another cc skill? How do you start your skill combo when you are engaged in 1 vs 1 combat? Casting frag without proc takes 1 sec to cc enemies.
You have streak, instant stun.
Does it matter when leveling a specific skill line that having more then one ability on active bar from that tree make it level faster? My storm calling is low so if I use 3-4 abilities from there will it level faster when I turn in quests etc…
Yes, adding more than one ability does increase the xp earn for each skill line.
does having more than one ability from same skill tree line on active bar wil it level up that tree faster? like if i have 4 abilities from storm calling tree and i switch to that bar when turning in quests does it matter weather i have 1 or 4 abilities from storm calling in order to level it?
I don’t suppose there is a way to do this build without Vampirism? I’d like to be able to swap between Ignition (PVE) and Frag-Out (PVP) on the same character.
either that or have vampirism with Ignition as well? I know you noted that it was too squishy for Ignition though…
Do you think replacing force shock with destructive clench would be just as effective? Still disrupts enemies.
Try it, if it works for you.
Just a note to say thanks for all the build work that you do buddy, our guild constantly come to your pages for a starting block build when we head into PVE or PVP content. We do adapt in some places to fit our style more, but your builds are our blueprints without doubt.
Also, I see a lot of people asking questions explained in the video. You need to watch the video guys to get a much better understanding as to why Deltia selected those abilities and when to use them. It’s of no help sticking them on your character and expecting to understand it without Deltia’s explanations.
It’s the only way to begin mastering your character and their abilities.
Once again, fine work Deltia for the builds and thank you.
Hey Deltia love the build man. I’ve got a level 44 high elf sorc with the skills unlocked and I’m gonna try doing some lowbie PVP to get some practice. Since I don’t have Engine Guardian or Cyrodil’s light available to me yet do you have any recommendations for alternatives? I’ve got a few adroitness pieces, a full warlock set, a two pieces of healers at the ready. (have the funds for more if needed)
Warlock though this isn’t intended for lowbie PvP.
Is healing ward a must? It seams it would only buff allies. Why not bound aegis?
Thanks for all your videos and website…. you have me eager to try pretty much all of the classes. But a fan of ranged this time i know you answered this somewhere, but as far as pure ranged burst damage is sorc or bow nightblade king. ESOhead doesnt show good damage values per ability so hard to judge.
Awesome to see a build that works without having to use a fire staff. I’ve been waiting for a reason to use a lightning staff in PvP for so long and now I have one! I don’t like fire very much (too aggressive and, well, fiery, for me) so it’s nice to not have to use one.
Hello Deltia, I have to say this build is turley remarkable. I was wondering if I can use Shoes of Adroitness instead of the waist, and do you think VR12 or14 sets are valuable after the Imperial city patch with VR16 coming up? I heard you saying that the non craftable sets will become useless because of the new level cap in the last eposide of Time out from Tamerial.
Thank you for your time and I would really appreciate your opionion.
They are still valuable and you can use shoes if it fits your build.
Is there an advantage to using a lightning staff over an inferno staff? I’ve always thought inferno to be more useful because of medium weaving.
Yes due to back bar Lighting for disintegration.
Can I use this build in pvp
For me it says “video coming soon” people are commenting like there was a video at one point. Are there changes being made to the video right now and it will be reposted later?
Is streak still a go to ability now that its been nerfed slightly??
Spell power says
Great build, following it to a T with metor rather than swarm. Do you have any suggestions on how to boost spell damage around vr7. Mines currently at 1216
Buy VR6 Cyrodiil’s light rings, but probably wait until end game.
Isn’t Rapid Maneuver important to have on bar for getting around in PvP?
Thank you for the many hours you spend helping the community. I would like to know your rotation with this build. You normally post a video, but I don’t see one this time.
Love the build!
I do have one question, how to you get your spell resist so high? its 27k if im not mistaken?
Atm, mine is barely 10k, and i am running 3 piece of Nirn. I am a Highelf, contra your Breton, but is that all that makes the difference? The extra nirn and bret passive? 🙂
I am also curious of this. I have the same exact gear as him and my spell Resistance is almost 15k
Love the build, but just curious about some of the armor. As I was scrolling down the page I noticed almost every spot showed you wearing a different form of armor in terms of class. Under your gear section it shows a heavy head, med shoulders, and light chest. Under that with the picture of some of the gear it shows a med head piece, and a heavy chest. Then under the champion point section it shows you with a medium head, heavy shoulders, and a light chest piece. Just wondering if you could help me figure out which class of armor you actually use in each slot? Thanks 🙂
Any chance of a vid for this build please Mr D? 😀
Does “increase spell dmg potion” stack with entropy?
How did you get the ring of cyridiils light that has a spell damage enchantment? I can only find the ones with magic regen enchantments. Thanks.
Do you feel that the Engine Guardian piece de are vital for this build? I was thinking 5 Archmage, 4 Magnus, and 2 Cyrodiil Light. Also how do you think this build will play with the 200% health in 1.7
Sorry for he typo. “Do you think the Engine Guardian pieces are vital.”
If you wacth the video he answers this question. Usually if he thinks something else could work he will tell you in the build. Anyway to answer no, the entire play style is built around the mage triangle with the engine guardian and the mana he gives back. Your idea may work only trying would tell however I think you would find your self out of mana alot. As for 1.7 from what I have read ect I think it will be okay but the engine guardian set will be needed even more with more health and reduced damage your going to need to cast more spells.
can i use my high elf or would i need a more stam based race?
Exactly how many points do you put into mooncalf? I am working on my sorcerer now and for some reason i am only coming up to about 19k magicka before my glyphs:( LOVE YOUR VIDEOS BTW!
I have 600 CP now so 100….but yeah I go more for reduced cost than regeneration.
I’m working out a build. Using 5 pieces of light amor and 2 pieces of heavy armor.
I am a breton sorc, I have all the mage passives, all the breton passives, all the light armor passives, most of the heavy armor passives. I use resto staff for my defensive bar, and for my offensive I’m using dual wielding swords.
My offensive bar is: Endless Fury, Crystal Frag, Structured Entropy, Liquid Lightning, Inner Light, and Energy Overload for my ultimate
My Defensive bar Resto staff: Streak, Velocious Curse, Hardened Ward, Daedric Minefield, Inner Light, and Meteor for my ultimate.
I rely more on my sorc skills and mages guild skills combined with my armor passives.
My question is, for pvp, using this build, what champion points will I gain the most benefit out of?
Also when I hit vet 14 my armor is going to look like this:
Head: Torg’s Pact Light Armor Nirnhoned Health
Chest: Storm Knight Health
Arms: Martial Knowledge: Magicka
Hands: Martial Knowledge Magicka
Belt: Martial Knowledge Magicka
Legs: Storm Knight Health
Feet: Martial Knowledge Magicka
Rings: Cyrodil’s Light
Ring: Cyrodil’s Light
Pendant: Storm Knight
Dual Wield Weap 1: Torg’s Pact Nirnhoned Irresistable Damage
Dual Wield Weap 2: Torg’s Pact Spell Pen Disease Damage
Resto Staff: Torg’s Pact Spell Pen Magicka Regen Damage
Are there any flaws with my build that will not allow me to regen magicka at a desirable rate? What would be a suggestion to fix this if so?
Any input would be appreciated. I’ve already acquired the gear for when I hit vet 14, just grinding out to level up. Sorry if my post was really long winded. I just really want to put out some sick damage.
Also I was thinking of dropping the second dual wielded weapon and picking up the shield of the Storm Knight just so I can get that extra bit of spell damage, would this be advised against or do you think it may be beneficial?
alert(“lel lel el”)
With nirnhoned nerfed any updates for gear in this build?
Deltia will you be sharing that with us. I was thinking 1 nirn and 4 impenetrable but I am new and do not know. Any help is appreciated.
Deltia, question regarding my Dunmer Sorc and passives. In this build you mention using a lighting staff to proc disintegrate, however since I have a dunmer, do you think its better to use a flame staff to take advantage of my flame talent passive. Also, if I put a lighting enchant on my staff, can that proc disintegrate? Lastly, if I use a fire enchant on my flame staff will it stack with my flame talent passive? Thanks so much, I’ve been trying to find an answer to these questions everywhere, but the information is iffy at best.
Delta i have one quistion tomorrow i wil buy the game on xbox one but i dont know what class i want to use i like to deal alot damage what should i chose then
VIDEO is HERE:
For those of you who are looking for video for Deltia’s Frag-Out! PVP Sorceror build.
Deltia, anyway you could post an updated magicka build for sorcerer high elf soon? Almost at vr16 and these look a little outdated. Thank you.
Hi Deltia. Do medium destro staff weaves still count as full heavy attacks?
Thanks. So, dps wise, are fully charged heavy attacks (with passives) worth using over light/medium weaves? I can see them being good for an opening attack, but easily interrupted in close quarters. Which kinda makes all those heavy attack passives somewhat wasted (until you have points to burn anyway).
Brandon Ragan says
Any advice on what I can use temporarily in substitute of the nirnhoned trait. Still trying to get a hold of some for research.
I’ll update this soon and it won’t use Nirn. I’m level 49 as I write this.
Ok man thx for the tip.
deltia, do you think there is a viable bow-sorc build?? or what do you think the best Bow Build is?
yes but I do not have one.
Thanks for the update Deltia!
I found a little flaw: In the video you use Force Pulse for lvl 25-VR1, but in the skill calculator it says Destructive Reach.
I got one question about this build. In earlier builds, Ignition I think, you said Magelight/Inner Light is a must-have-ability, but it’s not in this build. Is that only because of the one ability per skill line filosophy?
It is a must have, but not while leveling.
I noticed your using a lightning staff. Is it more effective to light attack with a lightning staff of medium weave with a fire staff?
I like it for the passives and Disintegration procs.
Have you done more testing on vamp in the end game? I am currently running the build right now and the vampire fire damage is making it hard for lvling. Any suggestions?
For PvP I have and I still like it just not for PvE. I don’t really have room to slot abilities on my bar for added gain and most damage is fire based.
Have you experimented with vamp in the end game content? Im running this build with vamp and lvling with the flame damage makes it hard at some points or soloing certain delves. Any suggestions?
I use vampire devouring swarm to making leveling easy mode.
ETA on the pvp build? Before or after new DLC?
Well most of my builds are group PvP vs. running around solo. I don’t know how many people like those types.
hey deltia was wondering what type of armour style is that?
Hi deltia why Thaumaturge and not Elemental Expert in Vmsa
Because your damage is scaled off of Thum.
The only damage that would be scaling of thaumaturge is crystal frag.
Everything else , overload = shock , mage wrath = shock ,streak = shock ,crushing shock all elements,Shooting star = fire , elemental ring = elemental. Why going 100 Thaumaturge over elemental expert? The only spell that would get a benifit from it would be crystal frag unless they changed something or there is something i don’t know.
Wow I didn’t know that. I may have to switch awesome tip thanks!
not necessarily Lafer. Velocious Curse, Daedric Minefield, and most of the Dark magic skills, also magica detonation and degeneration would all do magica damage. so maybe a good mix would be good?
Why did you delete my comment i just want to understand why thum over elemental expert ?
ops nm y reapeared my bad.
Didn’t delete just took a minute to approve. Thanks for the info.
Why does it keep disapearing ?
Hey Deltia, i have a sorc v16 dps and i got dual wield on him on my main bar for badass spell dmg, i got both swords legendary and that shit has me on 4k spell dmg, my main attack its shadow silk from undaunted which i beleive replaces force pulse well and got a lot of points in the tower plus my light armor to reduce spell cost. My question is tho, what do you think of dual wield for a sorc? and could you please give me tips for spell dmg while wearing a staff. Thank you a lot Deltia.
I used Dual Wield in my PvP Ignition build and enjoy it. I still like resto for PvP however.
It is not exspecially, it is especially… Please
Deltia great builds btw ive used the ignition/frag out and my own little tweaks to get my build. My question is: I was under the impression that using more than 2-3 pieces of Divines is less effective than using Infused. I see though that you use Divines on all your stuff and was wondering if I was wrong. Id like to know before I make my V16 gear since those matts are harder to come by and take longer to acquire
I have used this build since day 1 of PS4 drop. Although I am a Nord. Sorc.. I still do very well for my self in Pvp. I am kinda tanky , Inevitable detonation will be worked into the skills once I have access. W/ 306 CP I have built a tough sorc. Now that stamina is king. I have changed things on this build.
Mages. Rath ( 20% executioner)
Works very well for me.
But I’m always looking to improve damage burst.
Dueling is a resource game. Now that stamina is a huge factor. I normally probe, and wait out on my dps. Casting rune cage to get a feel for their stamina. If the cc is effective. Then I burst dps. Recovery is my problem atm. Fights over an avg 3 min. And I’m dead. Something I have been playing with is my spell crit. And damage. Taking all points out . I haven’t made my mind up. If I want 30 in elfborn or not. Anyways keep up the good work
This looks like a very interesting, fun build! I just recently got the game due to a steam sale and I’ve been struggling to find an up-to-date sorcerer’s guide. Is all of this still viable?
Also, do you happen to know of any builds centered around the dark magic tree? My friend will be playing with me and I figured it’d be best if I could focus on some crowd control while also being able to deal damage and maybe even heal with the restoration staff. Although, I hardly know what I’m talking about so this could be a terrible idea.
If you could get back to me, that would be wonderful!
Yes it still works in current meta
I do not, this build has a lot of crowd control with frags and you could always swap in shattering prison for more control.
Healing Ward from resto staff will save you and your friend and that’s all the healing you really need.
Thank you very much for getting back to me, Deltia! I’m new to ESO, but I’m definitely wiling to master the Mage as it’s probably my favorite. I’ll try to make little tweaks with what will help us, but I’ll mostly stick with what you have in Maelstrom – as I’m assuming that’s the one most up to date since it’s below the higher patch number?
Is there a way to see what the different point you have in the champion point system?when you click on the champion point picture it takes you to a jpeg.
Try this https://deltiasgaming.com/champion/
I can’t work out what the best pvp build is for sorc from all this. What skills should I have on my bars?
Well I don’t know if my build is the best, but I list the skills in this post below.
I know the updated pvp is still a work in progress but do you have “unofficial” armor sets you’re leaning toward? I’ll be able to make twice born star in two days and didn’t know if that was a viable option or not. Or if I should be looking elsewhere.
Im levelling right now ( I have got a 13lvl sorcerer now ) . when should I build my clothes?
Worry about it later in the game and just pick up cloths at or around your level, especially the warlock set.
fix your interactive champion points for this build. thanks
Hey Deltia, I use all of your builds and am a huge fan. Currently, which sorc build would you choose? I’m pretty much right in the middle of pvp/pve. Ignition or Frag out for my breton?
Well one is for PvE one is for PvP so swap them depending on your content.
I’m fairly new to the game still and been using this to level a sorc. I’ve been trying to follow the build and your suggestions as closely as I can. I understand there’s a learning curve to the build. That being said: I was needing some advice. My sorc is level 22 with level 20 green gear that you suggested above. Maybe I should try the Ignition build or another?
At low levels it can be hard without Power Surge, Make sure you take the healing passvies for using crystal frags.
Deltia, just started my second sorc with the frag build in mind out to gear up for some PVP action. Only lvl 10 but so far very fun hits like a mack truck with the velicous course and c frags combo and the mage’s fury for a finisher if the first two don’t take them out. For solo grinding Have been using the resto staff instead of the desto to help me stay up fighting as many mobs as possible and using mutagen as really worked well for me. This is a great build cant wait to test him out in cyrodill. I have a question about the ignition my first sorc I am in the middle of a re spec and what him for PVE and will switch from a stamina to magika with the ignition build. I have a hard time understanding why duel wield is the best off hand choice is there certain passives the duel wields gets?
On pvp would you replace any of the skills for alliance war skills?
Proxy det sometimes
Just a quick question. Why mutagen over rapid regeneration?
Not sure what deltia will say but imo if your a primary healer rapid regen is better since this build you won’t be a primary healer it mutagen has the emergency heal
I’m new to ESO (but not new to MMORPG – WoW & FFXIV). Following your build as-is for myself. High-elf Sorc v12. I came across an article and then a video by you as to how DW is higher spell damage compared to staff. But I still see you favor staff for your bar one and not DW even though the damage is higher with DW? Is it purely for passives as your bar 1 is practically no destro staff spells.
This is for PvP, and you need some way to heal yourself which Duel Wield doesn’t have. So that’s why I use Resto for healing ward.
So why not Dual wield and restoration staff?
Love this build first toon in ESO. Been using it primarily PvE right now with some light PVP. only level 29 right now. Just have a few more skills to unlock, streak and Pulsar. I am using 5 Seduc and 3 Magnus and random Jewlery I picked up. Wanting to start doing a bit more PVP while still leveling what armor would you suggest?
I go in PvP whenever I get Blot Escape and Surge. Without those things, I just die a billion times.
Do you put any champion points in health reign as a vampire to counter act the effects of stage 4 vampirism?
No need I heal to full with ward.
you say above you are still working on the 2.2 pvp build. do you have an updated build for the frag out?
would be interested to see gear for PvP and what is used
Hi Deltia, just wanted your thoughts on my current Sorc build.
High Elf 480 CP
Running 5 pc Julianos
4 pc Vicious death
All divs with thief.
Crit at 83% with 80 in elfborn.
Lower so dmg but massive crit.
You would absolutely blow peoples faces off.
Too much crit though?
My High Elf sorcerer just made V16 should I use impenetrable on my armor? People in PVP keep telling me to use it in place of Divines on at least 1-5 pieces of armor?
Sorc is very unique in this aspect because of their shields. Remember shields cannot be critically hit thus making them so powerful. Additionally you probably want Divines or Infused, since more magicka equals a stronger shield. That’s why most Sorcs run around with as little health as possible and a massive magicka pool.
I truly appreciate it. One more question do you recommend going all light or 5 light with heavy helmet and medium shoulders?
Your Champ points link is pointing to an image and not the calculator 🙂
Would you still recommend wearing 1 heavy 1 medium engine guardian or 2 light; for the full 7 light armor. With the 5-1-1 you get the undaunted max mag/sta/hea but with full 7 light you get additional bonus from the light armor passives. What do you suggest?
I’d go 5 1/1 for higher magicka pool with bigger shields.
OK, Deltia. Last night I was in a 4 hour battle for Cyrodiil, and the OpFor was owning us. It all came down to the same 2 or 3 people on their side who would pop into battles and take constant hits from 10-15 people and NEVER take visible damage, never be stopped, and insta-Slay 3 and 4 people in a row, then bail to the next. HOW in the heck do these people do this, and how can we possibly counter it (and how can I do it too! LOL!). It seems like they were mostly DK and NB, but there was the occasional Sorc, and their ProxiDet was devastating–don’t have mine yet, which is why I’m there grinding. I joined the PvP guild who seemed to be running the show, but they were as shocked as I was at how resilient these people were. Any thoughts? All help appreciated. Thanks!
Might be exploits, or most likely a lot of shields. Barrier, igenous, harness, hardened ward etc.
Does frag out build still work with dark brotherhood update?
Are you plan on making a updated video on frag out?
Any updates on the pvp build?
Please update for DB update. I am struggling with pvp. Good dps but can not sustain attacks at all. Hardened ward nerf killed my build. Help please. Recommendations on cp points etc. Crit resist vers light armor resistance etc. 5-1-1 or all light? Impenetrable vs all divines.
Would a destro ult replace the meteor?
When you click the link for updated content for this build it says page doesnt exist…. anyone care to update where the updated pvp sorc build is???
Fixing it, will post in menu but here’s the link: https://deltiasgaming.com/eso-pvp-magic-sorcerer-build/