One-Shot-Willy is all grown up and now has a Skooma drinking problem. Okay that’s an attempt at a bad joke, but really this build centers around the previous version with an added twist on potions. Welcome to my Overdose (One-Shot-Willy Remix) – Nightblade DPS Build.
UPDATED BUILD PAGE HERE
Thieves Guild Patch (PTS 2/9/2015)
The Idea behind the magicka version of One-Shot-Willy is to create a powerful potion based burst character. Ideally, this build will be used to gank single targets (or groups if changed) in PvP. If you like playing the Imperial Sewers gank game, this build is worth your attention.
+ Aw inspiring burst damage
+ Extremely fast
+ Lots of self healing
– It’s not easy to pull off
– Can be easily countered if not prepared
– Not cheap to chug down potions
Dual Wield – For extra spell damage and the Twin Blade and Blunt passive, giving swords 5% more damage. It makes a monster difference using Swords, trust me.
- Lotus Fan (morph of Teleport Strike | Assassination skill line) – A gap closer that can hit extremely hard and has a Damage over Time effect made even nastier in Thieves Guild. Ideal usage is to chase down retreating enemies.
- Inner Light (morph of Mage Light | Mages Guild skill line) – This has undergone some changes in ESO 2.3, primarily it’s not a toggle-able. It still gives crit for having it slotted, more magicka but the interesting this is Might of the Guild or giving your next attack Empowered 20% harder hit. Ideally we click this just prior to engaging an enemy for 20% more damage.
- Shadowy Disguise (morph Shadow Cloak | Shadow skill line) -When ZOS gives you lemons or nerfing Dark Cloak, you make Lemonade in the form of 100% critical chance. This allows us to use the Shadow Mundus stone, further increase our critical damage since we can guarantee a crit when it suits us. So now you can start seeing the Combination…20% more damage, 100% critical chance.
- Concealed Weapon (morph of Veiled Strike | Shadow skill line) – This is our primary single target spam-able ability and stuns enemies when used from stealth. Essentially, we will use this as our primary attack if our Ultimate isn’t up.
- Sap Essence (morph of Drain Power | Siphoning skill line) – Our primary AoE attack that heals us, the group and provides Major Sorcerery or 20% Spell Damage. Having a Siphoning Ability slotted also gives us a heap of max magicka due to the Magicka Flood passive.
- [Ultimate] Soul Tether (morph of Soul Shred | Siphoning skill line) – In our testing, this produced the highest single target ultimate, though you have options. Soul Harvest is great here two for fighting individual players or generating Ultimate. You could even using Clouding Swarm if you like Vampire for 4 seconds of invisibility taking advantage of Master Assasin Passive (10% more Spell Damage while stealthed). Even Dawnbreaker of Smiting is a great choice, either way, this will nuke a player or an entire team. 20k on a player was the highest I got, though a lot could be mitigated with heavy armor or Impenatrable trait, either way, even 10k AoE critical is enough to center a build around when you follow it up with a well timed Proxy Detonation.
Restoration Staff – Used to generate ultimate at range and for Healing Ward, bubble shield.
- Shadow Image (morph of Summon Shade | Shadow skill line) – This is our escape tool consider the nerf of Dark Cloak. You can swap in Pierced Armor if you’re struggling to kill other Nightblades, but you will have a tough time escaping large groups without Shade.
- Merciless Resolve (morph of Grim Focus | Assassination skill line) – 8% more damage for 20 seconds, yeah keep this up.
- Proximity Detention (morph of Magicka Detention | Alliance War Assault skill line) – This is only getting more powerful in update 2.3 and when I tested it, on a single target with our combination I was getting 17k damage. Pair that with a 20k damage Soul Tether, enemies with a meter radius could take near 40,000 damage in an instance. Just cast this prior to setting up the combo and timing is everything.
- Mass Hysteria (morph of Aspect of Terror | Shadow skill line) – Our “fear” or AoE stun that drops players block. I still stun a lot using Cloak/Concealed Weapon but this is a must have if you’re getting Ambush/Crit Rush spammed to create some space and get away.
- Healing Ward (morph of Steadfast Ward | Restoration Staff skill line) – Once our health drops, pop this sucker over you, activate shade and get out of dodge. Spam cast this if you or an ally is in trouble.
- Soul Harvest (morph of Death Stroke | Assassination skill line) – A powerful single target ability that gives you ultimate when players get killed. You can some room to experiment here especially if you like Vampire Bats (which I prefer Clouding Swarm).
Combination – The biggest result with the gear listed below was this:
- Buff with Merciless Resolve for 8% more damage
- Cast Proxy Det for 8 seconds later AoE blast
- 2x Light Attacks (LA) to proc Molag Kena (500+ Spell Damage for 6 seconds)
- Drink a Spell Power potion while closing distance (600+ Spell Damage for 15 seconds + 20% Spell Damage)
- Shadow Disguise for 100% Critical Chance
- WHILE IN CLOAK, activate Inner Light for 20% Empower
- BANG – Ultimate Soul Tether/Soul Harvest/Dawnbreaker
- As that’s happening Proxy Det should go off for an instant kill
It’s not easy to pull the full combo off, but if you do, things will die.
- Clever Alchemist – Found in Thieves Guild crafting station with 7 traits in order to craft. Perfect and beautiful for what we want to do.
- Molag Kena – Shoulder obtained through Undaunted Pledges, Helm through drops in Veteran White Gold Tower and in patch 2.3, you will be able to buy with gold (roughly 99k on PTS) or Alliance Points (200,000 on PTS).
- You can make a lot of changes to this two piece set if you don’t have it like a four piece Magnus including swords which will give you better regen and be easier to pull off. Engine Guardian for more healing, Scourge for more healing, Blood Spawn for tons of ultimate, etc.
- Willpower Jewelry – Can be obtained with Dark Ether and Bone Shards in Imperial City treasure vault keys or purchased in guild stores.
- Can be changed to a 5 piece Vicious Death (exploding on death) which can be acquired on 2.3 via rewards of the worthy. I image for group play, many players will be running something similar.
- Torug’s Pact Swords – 2 Trait craftable set for the spell power.
Very simple, lots into Elemental Expert because in 2.3 it includes Magic Damage, the rest can be placed into Spell Critical damage along with the Shadow Mundus stone. The rest is your standard CP setup with high regen over reduce Cost.
Race – I went with the Argonian race which benefits from the usage of potions (8% mag/stam/health on potion usage), but truly you could do anything. The most damage for this would be a High Elf, the best to pair with Vampire would be Breton for spell resistance and Argonian if you want something fun and different.
Vampire – I love vampire for this build with Clouding Swarm if taking on groups of players. It comes with major up sides, sneaking speed, faster to get into stealth, harder to kill the lower your health and a powerful ultimate. Though the downsides are just as huge, instantly can be killed via Camouflage Hunter and a lot of extra fire damage. It’s big risk, big reward. You can take down a group of six players within 4 seconds, but be Camo Hunter killed the next instant. Your choice, I prefer vampire.
BUILD PAGE UPDATED HERE
Before we get started, a lot of the information and inspiration for this build come from other community members. An awesome Nightblade builder on Tamriel Foundry found here. Another awesome NB builder, Jeckll, has some great tips here. And lastly, endless conversations with other NB who are better than me (Parfax) has helped tune this build into a damage machine. Just wanted to give some other great community members credit for helping shape this build, so thanks!
With that being said, Overdose is a Nightblade bow and Two-Hander build focused on potion reduction jewelry glyphs. With the Nightblade’s and Alchemy skill passive, you can almost always have a potions effects on you at all times. Now image playing an entire boss fight with 90% weapon critical? The combination is astounding.
I’m using my Khajiit Nightblade King Foltest. I enjoy this play-style and with Justice System coming soon, this sneaky sneaky bow build feels at home. The upsides to the build are insane damage though you sacrifice some defensive self-healing that you would normally have with a light armor build like Blade Runner. Here’s my list of strengths and weaknesses for Overdose.
+ Massive burst and sustained damage
+ Two finishers
+ Deadly up close or at range
– Squishy or easy to kill
– Not exactly easy or cheap to play
The big ol’ Two-Handed meat cleaver is coming out instead of daggers. It seems like a odd choice, but after playing both, I really like the finisher with Executioner and the ultimate generation with Carve. Additionally, Rally has some decent self-healing with stamina making it my melee choice. This isn’t our primary damage source but more of a finisher or dropping our ultimate bar.
Bar One | Two-Handed – AoE not primary bar
- Ambush (morph of Teleport Strike | Assassination skill line) – Our leap in that buffs the next attack by 36%. The way I use this is Ambush in than drop a Veil of Blades ultimate. This will pump up that Veil damage and give you a big time DPS boost. I’ll also leap in for a finisher via Executioner to make it hit even harder. Plus you get the Assassination passive benefits by having this on your Two-Hander bar.
- Rally (morph of Momentum | Two-Handed skill line) – A strong Weapon Damage boost while using the Two-Hander and a decent self-heal. Putting this on prior to a finishing the boss off can boost your DPS by 50+. It also last for 30 seconds so you won’t have to sacrifice key up-time recasting over and over. Ultimately, you could flex this out for something else like Evil Hunter from Fighters Guild skill line if facing Undead or Daedra.
- Carve (morph of Cleave | Two-Handed skill line) – Our massive AoE that generates a ton of ultimate. It’s hard to take Two-Hander over Dual Wield as a Nightblade, but I think this ability combined with others makes it worth it for my build. Positioning is key with Carve as it only hits enemies in front of you in a cone. Steel Tornado is a superior damage dealer, but this ultimate generation is unmatched in my opinion making it my preferred choice.
- Sap Essence (morph of Drain Power | Siphoning skill line) – Regardless of which weapon(s) you use on bar one, you should take Sap Essence. It’s a decent heal, mega weapon damage buff and a good magicka dump in AoE situations. It’s not going to hit that hard with all medium armor, but in combination with Carve can destroy massive amounts of enemies.
- Executioner (morph of Reverse Slash | Two-Handed skill line) – I love this finisher and is the reason I go with Two-Hander over Dual Wield. It has weak range, but can do more damage than Impale and use stamina instead of magicka. It feels easier to weave or use animation canceling. Plus this morph makes Carve a finisher as well which is great for AoE situations.
- [Ultimate] Veil of Blades (morph of Consuming Darkness | Shadow skill line) – The ultra powerful Veil had to make an appearance on our AoE bar. Damage reduction, damage over time and a synergy make this one of the best abilities in the game. Make sure to leap in and drop this on a boss or help out your friend in trouble with 30% team damage mitigation.
- Buff with Rally
- Ambush in and drop Veil if at 200 ultimate
- If not, go into a Carve to start DoT effects
- Then Sap Essence to pump up Carve’s damage
- Continue to Carve until you can pick off low health enemies with Executioner
- Use potions off cool-down or every 17 seconds
- Make sure Rally buff is up and double cast if you’re in need of a self heal
- Use Sap Essence for added weapon damage
Our main stay bread and butter and whatever other cliches you can throw in this sentence. Bow is where we shine doing nasty single target sustained damage. If the fight last 200 seconds, we’ll be okay and impress those with out monster damage numbers.
Bar Two | Bow – Single target damage and my main bar
- Repear’s Mark (morph of Mark Target | Assassination skill line) – A tricky ability that provides monster debuff to the opposition and giving a big self-heal once they die. The down sides of this ability are the high magicka cost and that your armor and spell resistance are also debuffed. So, don’t plan on using this solo or while tanking, but Mark targets that tanks can manage or as they die to get a weapon power boost and a 1700 heal at end game (2800 total health).
- Venom Arrow (morph of | Bow skill line) – A ranged interrupt with a DoT effect. The other morph, Poison Injection does add a lot more damage though sacrifices the interrupt. Since I primarily play Dragonstar Arena (DSA) with this character, I like the interrupt via Venom Arrow. If you were playing Trials only, Poison Injection might be for you. Either morph is good and should be on your bar for strong damage over time.
- Focused Attacks (morph of Haste | Assassination skill line) – Another controversial morph of Haste, I prefer Focused Attack for the stamina regeneration. Most players now do a “medium” weave or a quick heavy attack. I’ve tried Incapacitate (the other morph) with a medium weave and found that my normal light attack hits just as hard or harder. The added 40% stamina regeneration putting me overcharged is too important to my sustained damage not to take this ability.
- Focused Aim (morph of Snipe | Bow skill line) – Our number one source of damage comes from Focused Aim. It pumps our weapon damage and range on the target with a 1.1 second channel. The trick to maximizing damage here is light attack just prior to casting this. You’ll sneak in an extra 300-600 damage at the expense of .4 seconds. If both attacks critical strike out of stealth, I can do 2,000 without a DoT or any other effects. Also stay at maximum range if possible to gain extra damage via the Bow passive Long Shot.
- Impale (morph of Assassin’s Blade | Assassination skill line) – A great ranged finisher that hits like a truck. I like this ability for a magicka dump when my stamina is taking a hit and enemies need to die. I can easily swap to bar One and rambo in for another finisher if my magicka runs out. Either way, that sucker is dead!
- [Ultimate] Flawless Dawnbreaker (morph of Dawnbreaker | Fighters Guild skill line) – 13% weapon damage…..yeah. Don’t use it, just have it on your bar. Be prepared to screw up and accidentally cast this many times. I still fat finger it and we all make fun of each other once it happens. No big deal.
- Stealth if possible (initial hit gains massive bonus)
- Debuff target with Reaper’s Mark (60 second timer) and buff yourself with Focused Attacks (20 second timer)
- Chug a Weapon Power potions for critical and power
- Focus Aim
- Light attack weaved into a Venom Arrow
- 3x Light attack / Focused Aim before reapplying the DoT with Venom Arrow
- Rinse and repeat
- Constantly drink potions to maintain 90% weapon critical with my gear and passives
- Lower than 25% health, finish with either Impale of Executioner
- Drop Veil of Blades once 200 ultimate has been reached
- Constantly have Focused Attacks up for more damage and stamina regeneration
- Debuff enemy if appropriate via Repear’s Mark
- Keep Focused Aim debuff on enemy for increased range and weapon power
- Keep Venom Arrow DoT ticking for strong sustained damage
Yeah this one is a bit more challenging than bar one. I recommend watching the video to see how I do this or watch episode 46 of Tales of Tamriel where I play Dragonstar Arena for over an hour with this build.
- 2800 health
- 2400 stamina
- 60% or higher Weapon Critical
- 220 Weapon Power
Armor weight – All medium since every piece gives us weapon critical. The nice part about running a stamina build is you don’t have to rely on Inner Light for a third of your critical.
Set Bonuses – Some challenging gear to obtain but worth it.
- Hawk’s Eye – a PvP set that gives a major boost to damage and reduction in cost which adds massive sustained damage. It’s hard to get this. I was lucky enough to have WaylanderOZ sell me some (thanks bud). A good substitute is Night Mother’s Gaze for 8% weapon critical.
- Hunding’s Rage – A staple in stamina builds since ESO launch. Massive critical and weapon damage are hard to pass up. Since this can be crafted, all players should be able to obtain this.
- Master Weapon or not? This is a big question amongst my guild members and I. I have played Dragonstar Arena (Vet and Normal) over 50 times and have yet to obtain a master bow. I doubt it will be better than a five piece Hunding’s, but I will update if things change.
Traits – Go with Infused on large pieces Head/Chest/Legs and we are stuck with Well-Fitted on the Hawk’s Eye set leaving only room for one divines.
Mundus Stone – Shadow is the way to go above 50% critical. I’m not a math nut, but I know a bunch of them who’ve crunched the numbers. Trust me on this, it’s a major DPS boost.
Attributes – I go with 27 health and 35 stamina though this number could change depending on your racial choice. Reach 2800 health with glyphs and or attributes then dump the rest into stamina (my Imperial can get 2700 stamina).
Racial Choice – I love the Khajiit not only for passives but style, lore and appearance. It’s hard to pass up on this race for me though Imperial, Redguard and Wood Elf make strong choices as well.
Food – I still go with tri-stat food which is a DPS loss. I trade 360+ magicka for 80 health and stamina. That’s one more cast, one more buff, and one more Impale (or more). It’s just to vital not to have a little magicka left in reserves. But two stat food is TECHNICALLY more damage. Keep in mind, you do zero DPS when dead.
Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed this guide. I loved learning from all the community members and keeping OUR ESO family strong. Thanks again for supporting my site and work!
Josh Orange says
Khajiit passives + nightblades passives = a stam builds dream. You can basically run 100% crit, huge boosts to crit damage, and glug potions every 15 seconds.
I haven’t used anything else on my jewelry as it’s expensive. I know the sorcs can do 1400 damage as well and seen Vylaer pull it off. But yeah, NB are stamina dream team.
David Barnard says
nice build and instructional vid to accompany it. one point, i just can’t see any of the bow gear sets being the best choice unless you’re spending close to 100% of the time with bow bar. i would recommend general +damage, +crit/crit damage, +stamina/stam rec, +weapon damage gear sets.
Good feedback, what sets would you go with?
David Barnard says
if someone were just starting off, i’d say crafted 5-piece Hunding’s/3-piece Ashen Grip w/3-piece stam recovery jewelry. for special sets for adv. players: 3-piece Poisonous Serpent/5-piece Quick Serpent.
i run 5-piece Twin Sisters/3-piece Shadow Walker jewelry on my stam bow/1h&sh DK build, but that’s much different play style from yours.
Gus Bus says
Argonians might also be a good racial choice with their 15% increase to potion effectiveness.
Great choice! And they look cool right?
I rolled up an NB Argonian because of the looks and stumbled into the wonderful potion synergy. Combined with the Siphoning potion passive Argonian NB is pretty beast.
Oh you can’t beat a Argonian NB potion drinker. This should be a sick combo end game.
Very nice build. Im trying to do something similar with my DK although Im going bow single target and DW for AOE. I miss the executioner of 2H but Steel Tornado is amazing and the ultimate it generates is insane.
I am also wondering about what is a good second set. Hunding’s Rage is a must and I currently have Night Mother’s, but when Bow is equipped its only a 2 piece bonus.
If you were going to go this route on your DK (mine is Khajiit) how do you think you would tweak the skills and gear?
Skills, I’d go with Molten Weapons (because yes I’ve tried this on DK), Green’s Dragon Blood and Engulfing Flames. For gearing, the current OMG I MUST HAVE this setup is something like 4 Ophidian gear from SO trial and 3 Hundings with Trials jewelry and master weapons.
You honestly can get near similar results with 4 pc Ashen Grip and 4 pc Hundings. Throw in some good jewelry and it’s a great setup until you get that.
How did you find DK vs NB specifically for bow?
4 pc hundings would lose the 5 pc weapon damage bonus, isn’t that what makes Hunding’s awesome?
P.S. Thanks a lot for the guides and the videos. your site and your youtube channel are well done and I really like that you go outside of the box on some of your builds and your videos help to legitimize the concepts. please keep it up
I liked it though I still think NB is better due to passives.
The links for objective and skills in this guide (overdose OSW) seem to link to Dragonknight objective and skills. I didn’t chec the third link. For your information
Thanks I’ll fix it.
set up my vr7 Dark Elf NB like this…man — I am learning the way to work it but OMG is veil up..like all the time! Carve Carve Carve Veil is up!! a trick I found —I put Veil on my bow bar and slot soul harvest on my aoe two handed bar …Soul Harvest has a passive that charges ultimates faster with each kill…just have to weapon swap to get veil down.
Oh yeah that’ll do it. Good change if you want more Veil’s.
Struggling to match your numbers. Exactly the same gear, weaponsand skills as your video (even down to having to get the helm till i can find shoulders) but needing 51 health and 11 stamina on attributes to get close, and still coming up short on stamina and crit numbers.
After tri-stat food buff, stamina is at 2379, but that is with Tower mundus for extra stamina. Switching to Shadow brings me down to 2259.
Crit numbers are 48% for 2h and 56% for bow. The only main difference at the moment is my khajiit is a vampire not Werewolf, but the stamina passive only counts in Werewolf form so shouldn’t make a difference surely?
Anything hugely obvious I may be overlooking here?
You get stamina regen regardless of the form you’re in with Werewolf. Do you have the PvP buffs? That’s probably what you’re missing.
and the werewolf stamina regen boost is better than the vamp one then? Because to be honest the only reason I still have Vamp is the magicka and stamina regen boost from one of the passives hehe.
I did think about pvp buffs after i’d posted.I don’t have the AP to change campaign as i blew the whole lot on trying to get Hawk Eye gear! Not to mention all my gold too. But even after just a few hours playing, I am liking the build a lot. I’m sure the numbers will come together eventually once I have the buffs sorted.Really appreciate you sharing the build!
Vamp gets 10/10% stamina and magicka regen. Werewolf gets 15%.
Glad you’re liking it!
Raeph Salvatore says
Are you still vamp or werewolf with this build? I started using it about 1 week ago at v2. I’m v5 now and loving it, but don’t have vamp or ww.
Werewolf for PvE for stamina regen.
I got WW – just for the ultimate gains passive – I went with Night Mother and Hundings combo – my Veil is up…constantly as in AOE..I can throw Veil, carve a bit and Throw another….it is insane..mobs cannot live through me throwing down Veil #2..With Focus attacks and Siphoning Attacks up…and all the stam passives in NB, WW and medium armor..My green is never empty…for single target I added in shadowy disguise for the 100% crit gain and agro drop. For the final boss in Hel Ra – I use that and shadow image..for the dmg reduction and escape from the sheild carge or jump…
Raeph Salvatore says
Added the ww & got it to 10. Absolutely deadly build. I love this play style and allows enough to take on practically anything in pve. For solo game play, you don’t have to potion chug as much so it can lessen the cost. But to play max, chug chug chug
May i ask you for a favor to use skill calculator. You the only guide writer that i find. It’s really hard to undestand all this. (I ask you a bit simplificate you guide\guides) Ty
Thanks for writing Yaroslav. I don’t think I fully understand what you would like simplified. Can you give me an example of something that might be changed for your benefit? Thanks.
Looks much more comfortable.
I have that in the Overdose build section, did you not see it?
There is 3 types of calculator. I mean use the skill one. Where stats and others
Love this build ..love it thanks so much.I tweaked mine a bit – I am a dark elf nightblade..what I did was dump all my points into stamina and use a 5 set of Orgnums scales and two piece of Hunding coupled with the pvp cov set for 10% crit (and additional 6% on weapon). With food and health glyphs this gets my HP to 3000 and my Stamina to 2435. I replaced the enchants to potion cool down redux..so I can still chug potions. One thing – you said in your video with light attack weaving you can probably do 1000 dps..is that LA/venom/la/venom? I am trying to do consistent dps for trials (aa) and I am hitting 700-800 ish..if I could manage 1000 dps constant I would be happy lol..is there something I am doing wrong? (I stay away from reapers on the bosses in AA).
Oreyn Bearclaw says
I am new to this build, but the main DPS comes from Light attack weaving with snipe (focused aim). Hit light attack, followed almost immediately with snipe. The second you her the twang from snipe (or see the arrow leave the bow) start another light attack. My biggest issue early on was waiting too long after snipe to start another LA. Venom Arrow is the DoT you want to keep up, but not spam.
My rotation is as follows: Stealth, Mark target, Focused attacks, open with snipe (no LA weave because you want the snipe to crit). Then start rotation. Potion, LA-> Venom arrow, LA->focused aim (x4 if you are fast, otherwise x3), LA -> Venom Arrow, LA->focused aim x3-4, Repeat. You need to recast focused attacks (with LA weave if possible) every other time you cast Venom Arrow because the duration is twice as long. Keep potions up as desired. Remember that if stealthed, drinking a potion will unstealth you.
Also, you might not be getting these numbers because your gear isnt adding to your weapon damage. I would at least get 5 piece hundings. Hawk Eye is pricey (but worth every penny), but night mothers is another decent option. Orgnums has its place, but I dont think its ideal for a DPS build. This build is going to be a bit of a glass cannon. You will need to trade health for weapon damage to hit those numbers. Truthfully, a DPS doesnt need 3000 health.
hmm how are you getting 220 weapon power
my wood elf comes up short and yes has pvp buffs
That’s strange. PvP buffs, passives maybe?
Oreyn Bearclaw says
Great Build!!! I hope the gear holds up for 1.6 because I got carried away last night. But what’s 100k and 56 Dreugh Wax…
I was able to pull 2240 DPS on Mammoths last night. I am still using Dual Wield on my AoE bar because 2H is the one weapon I have not leveled. I might change that because with a stam build, I feel like impale really loses a lot due to that fact that it rarely crits. I see why you have chosen 2H now.
My AoE bar is currently : Veil, Refreshing Path, Ambush, Sap Essence, Steel Tornado, and Siphoning strikes. Any thoughts on changes to this while I level 2H? Siphoning strikes might not be necessary. I might try using that as a flex for Caltrops or Evil Hunter.
Oreyn Bearclaw says
I broke down and leveled 2H yesterday. What a difference the executioner and Ult generation from carve make. I miss the daggers, but I agree that 2H is superior for this build.
What is your crit % when you have 2H equipped? I am only at like 35%.
I am an Imperial that is currently without PVP buffs. My gear is all gold just like you have listed. The only difference is that I went 2 weapon damage and a spell resist on my jewelry to make it a little cheaper to play and a lot less squishy. I might look to acquire a second set of jewelry to equip with pot reduction for speed runs.
Hey, like all the others I need to say that excelent build and information.. I started ESO agen after the game release.. and after I found you videos and website, I just keep reading and looking for more tips..
but I do have one guestion.. from other site.. I noticed that “night mother’s Gaze gives +2 crit weapon, +2 crit spells and then +2 crit.. and your post says that it can get +8 crit.. I wonder, where does that “extra” +4 comes from?
My Archer is still under lvl 30.. so im not even near the end game and gear for that one.. Thinking of going with 5 from Hundings rage and atleast 3 from ashen grip set to get more damage.. atleast from the start.. what do you think about that?
Thanks already for great site.. and keep up the good work!
Ofcourse that Night mother’s info from other site, can be inaccured.. but still asking 🙂
It shows that my previous post gone missing.. so I will write it agen..
Thanks for great site and info.. about Gear.. I noticed (the info can be wrong, because another site), that Night Mothers has only +4 crit to weapons.. and your guide says that it hits +8.. do i miss something or where does the “extra” +4 come from?
Also thinking at the start to go with 5 pieces Hunding and 3 Ashen grip for more damage.. what do you think about that?
Thanks already.. and keep up the great work
It has 8 if you equip 4 pieces (4 for 2 piece bonus and 4 for another 2). 5/3 Hunding Ashen is a very good setup as well.
The critical has changed in 1.6 so that’s probably why. First it was halved, then added again. I’ll update images once 1.6 drops. That’s a strong stamina setup though I like 5/3 Hundings Night mothers with daggers for additional piece.
Thanks for the reply.. I think I will start with 5/3 Hunding Ashen.. And after I get more Crafting pieces.. will try the difference between Ashen and Night Mothers..
Hawk’s Eye is ofcourse the goal for gear.. but atleast I got something to start from 🙂
At the moment Im running Bow as main weapon, and 2HD as second..
Love the build but, What if you’re a vampire? Do any skills/passives change?
Also, would you prefer One Shot Willy or this build if you’re a vampire?
Neither in the future 1.6
Passives would, but I don’t like vampire on PvE stamina builds.
What about chancing the Veil of Blades for Bat Swarm? For example PvP use? Or is the Werewolf Stamina Regen too powerfull to overcome as Stamina DPS?
I played PvP last night, and when the “shit hits the fan” as taking flags.. self heal ultimate at the flag is in my toughts.. must to have.. also the “Dark Stalker” passive would be great for multipurpose, specially now with the Justice system.. I crafted Night Silence set for sneaking purpose.. but I would like that inventory space pack.. 😀
Your toughts about those?
Well that build is for PvE where bat isn’t effective. However, vamp and bats is almost a must in PvP. I love it as a NB since I don’t have a whole lot of self healing. Even Soul Tether doesn’t “follow” you so my go to is bats.
Are you going to update this build with the Champion System points?
Mainly Im really interested, where would the DPS go with The Ritual skill tree.. Precise Strikes / Mighty / Piercing combined.. it should boost DPS greatly
I’ll fully rebuild it yes.
Thanks for the reply, I shall then sit and wait
Will the set used change with patch 1.6? or can we use the same?
Mostly the same, I’ll be updating this today.
Sweet, will be waiting on the update before crafting more equips lol
Now that the 1.6 patch is out, and some chances at the NB Assassination skills.. What do you think about this idea:
Chancing 2H to DW with Daggers (crit) or Axes (bleeding). Skills:
Ambush (now uses Stamina)
Reaper’s Mark (no more penalty buff to your self)
Relentless Focus (for more stamina and damage boost) OR Killers Blade (Now that is stamina, but lose the range bonus at archer side, but got finisher to this skill line also)
Personally Im few lvl out of getting the 2H to lvl 50.. so I didnt test this out yet.. but any ideas guys/girls?
Something similar to what I’m doing. I got 9700 DPS using a bow single target.
Nice, but not what I am looking for in terms of my playstyle. I’m looking more for something in the department of dual-wield/bow.
Is “Focused attacks” really The grim focus, merciless focus, unrelenting focus skill line? I’m new to the game, could you clarify?
Yes the ability was changed in update six.
Soo was this ever updated? :\
I did the specter but it’s not the same concept.
Hi dude, great website you got here … really great. I’ve been playing ESO on PS4 for a month now and something was missing. Something was quite not right … now i know what it was! My character was so wrong!
Learned a lot here … thanks to you. A few questions .. is this still “current”? Can i follow this instrutions today? I’m more a 2 Wield guy and i’ve seen the Specter too but i’m a little confused on which to play with .. which one would you advice today?
What about Crafting? How do you work that out, whats more important and how to distribute them?
No, check out the specter. I answer crafting questions in YT series crafters corner.
So what do u use instead of the haste morph
Hey Deltia.. Now i have The hunding rage items from this Build. But if you should recommend something Else than Hawks eye, what could it be then? Some set item there Can be crafted.. Hope that you Can help me out. Thanks
Not sure – I am new to ESO – how are you getting your attribute points 27 and 35?? I have 49 points to play with. Sorry for lame question.
That’s an old buff with a different max level.
What Resto Staff should I use if I don’t have Maelstrom?
Can I switch out bat swarm for veil of blades?
For the stamina overdose
Yeah if it works for you.
noob question-why proxy over inevitable?
Inevitable is casted, Prox is not. You can cast prox from stealth, and blow up your target with timing plus it cannot be purged/cleansed.
oh I see. thanks for explaining
noob question-why proxy ovr inevitable?
Proxy has no cast time but a longer duration, but this is preferably better than inevitable because you have a 0% chance of getting interrupted rather than the good possibility of getting interrupted while casting inevitable.
lol ok. I posted the question twice by accident
Do you think I could use this build for pve? Imperial nb here
This is great for argonian nightblade haha i love it… for pve and pvp… only the heal is not great. If anybody need helps to make this build send me a message on PS4 my name is: Eriptycalz