This guide gives skills, champion points, and gear for an ESO Warden One Bar PvP Tank Build!
This build has been updated for the Update 40 patch of the Elder Scrolls Online.
Why Should You Play the ESO Warden One Bar PvP Tank Build?
The ESO Warden One Bar PvP Tank Build will give your group access to the powerful Warden toolkit! Providing unique buffs to yourself and group members while benefiting from good mobility, you will be hard to pin down in action.
Below is a general PvP Guide that can help anyone understand and developer their PvP knowledge and skill. This video is applicable for every build and should be viewed if you want general ESO PvP knowledge that applies to all aspects, Battlegrounds, Cyrodiil and Imperial City.
|Unique buffs||Magicka dependent|
|Benefits from high HP||Weak burst healing|
Bar: Sword and Shield
Two options in tanking:
- Sword and Shield Consumes stamina and has a great ultimate
- Frost Staff, can consume magicka to block, same mitigation or take out tri-focus for stamina blocking. The benefit of Frost Staff is, you don’t cut your sword and shield trait in half AND you have range. For these builds, if you don’t run sword and shield ability/ultimate use frost.
Leeching Vines (Morph of Living Vines | Skill Line : Green Balance) – Great resource sustain skill.
Blinding Flare (Morph of Revealing Flare | Skill Line : Support) – Slotting this gives you major protection and if you have the passives in Alliance War, increased magicka recovery.
Polar Wind (Morph of Arctic Wind | Skill Line : Winter’s Embrace) – We take this morph because it will heal more due to higher health pool.
Deceptive Predator (Morph of Falcon’s Swiftness | Skill Line : Animal Companions) – Speed and minor evasion which is huge for survivability.
Defensive Stance (Morph of Defensive Posture | Skill Line : One Hand and Shield) – Increases block mitigation and blocking cost. Consider this your flex spot on the bar guard is a good skill when playing in a group.
Swarming Scion (Morph of Blood Scion | Skill Line : Vampire) – Incredible survivability and damage for a brief time.
Optimal with Mythics
|Weapon One||Sword||Desert Rose||Decisive||Absorb Health|
|Necklace||Desert Rose||Infused||Reduced Block Cost|
|Ring 1||Oakensoul ring||Infused||Reduced Block Cost|
|Ring 2||Desert Rose||Infused||Reduced Block Cost|
Desktop hover for set bonuses, mobile click once for set bonuses
Magma Incarnate: helmet obtained in Veteran dungeon The Dread Cellar, Waking Flame DLC, shoulders bought from Urgarlag Chief-bane the Pledge Master
- Why? 1 piece gives stamina and magical recovery helps with sustain.
- Baron Thirsk = 1pc magicka and stamina recovery
- Chokethorn = 1pc magicka recovery
- Shadowrend = 1pc magicka recovery
Desert Rose: obtained in Cyrodiil Cropsford Elite Gear Vendor.
- Why? allows near infinite magicka sustain.
Mara’s Balm: obtained through PvP rewards of the Worthy bags or sold on guild traders.
- Why? provides healing and a cleanse and the best all around defensive set.
- Daedric Trickery = great with Oakensoul because buff stack.
- Mark of the Pariah = good for armor keep on the body all times
- Buffer of the Swift = awesome damage reduction
- Grace of Gloom = insane survivability if you have high health
- Wretched Vitality = great resource sustain
- Trial by Fire = great pure mitigation set
- Battalion Defender = for balanced self healing
- Why? The best one bar item for a DPS
Blend of survival and resource sustain.
Best overall magicka resource sustain race.
Atronach – Increases Magicka recovery by 310
Bewitched Sugar Skulls
OVERALL BEST: Increase Max Health by 4620, Max Stamina and Max Magicka by 4250, and Health Recovery by 462 for 2 hours. Ingredients to make Scrib Jelly (2), Flour (5), Columbine (2), Bervez Juice (2), Honey (5)
Orzorga’s Smoked Bear Haunch
BEST FOR SUSTAIN: Increase Max Health by 4312, Health Recovery by 406 and Stamina and Magicka Recovery by 369 for 2 hours. Ingredients: Frost Mirriam (1), Perfect Roe (1), Red Meat (1), Tomato (1), White Cap (1)
Jewels of Misrule
CHEAP SUSTAIN OPTION: Increase Stamina and Magicka Recovery by 357 and Max Health by 3927 for 2 hours. These effects are scaled based on your level. Ingredients: Bervez Juice (1), Lotus (1), Mint (1), Rose (1), Columbine (1)
Restore 7329 Health, 6618 Magicka, and 6618 Stamina immediately. Grants Major Fortitude, Major Intellect, and Major Endurance which increase your Health Recovery, Magicka Recovery, and Stamina Recovery by 20% for 31.7 seconds. (effects are scaled based on your level) Ingredients: Bugloss, Columbine, Mountain Flower
- Class Passives
- Weapon Passives
- Sword and Shield
- Armor Passives
- Guild Passives
- Fighters Guild
- Mages Guild
- Psijic Order
- Alliance Passives
- World Passives
- Soul Magic