Welcome to our guide for Hogwarts Legacy – Jackdaw’s Rest Quest!
Hogwarts Legacy is a single player, action RPG based on the magical world of Harry Potter. With an endless amount of places to explore and magical spells to learn, there is always something to do and discover. Read on below to follow this Hogwarts Legacy quest!
Last updated May 1, 2023
Hogwarts Legacy – Jackdaw’s Rest Quest
Meet with Jackdaw
- Head to East Hogsmeade Valley
- Open up the map and you can click on the location in order to follow the quest marker to the right location
- When you arrive at the spot, there will be a golden circle where you can interact with a ‘Wait’ button
- Meet Richard Jackdaw at the Forbidden Forest
- Speak with him to start the quest
- Follow Richard Jackdaw into the forest
- At a certain point you will run into a new Floo marker and Jackdaw will tell you this is as far as he is willing to go
- Find the cave where Richard Jackdaw died
- Continue down the mostly liner path, keeping the quest markers ahead of you.
- Outside the entrance approach the bird bath and whisper the password
- You can approach the entrance but before you go in you’re stopped by goblins
- There will be three goblins to fight
- As you jump down the small cliff area, turn to the right instead of immediately following the the quest marker and you’ll see a platform hovering ahead. On either side of the water you can see the chain at the edge of two separate ledges
- From the entrance, you can simply walk up the rock ramp to the right to reach the first ledge. Use Accio to pull the hovering platform over to you.
- When it reaches the edge of where you are standing, disengage the Accio spell (click it again) in order to let go of the platform
- Jump onto the platform.
- Looking straight ahead, all the way across the gap you will see another pull chain at the edge of the ledge you want to reach. Cast Accio while standing on the hovering platform to pull yourself over to it.
- When the platform reaches the ledge, cancel the Accio spell if you need and jump off to move forward
Sealed Door #2
- There will be more spiders to fight along the way
- At the end of the path there will be another puzzle with golden nodes. There are still three to hit with basic attack spells – look all the way to the left to find one somewhat out of view!
- The rest of the bridge will form and the door will open. Keep moving forward.
- You’ll arrive at another platform puzzle. This is pretty simple – use Accio to pull the hovering platform to you. Jump on it. And then use Accio at the platform chain on the opposite side to pull yourself across.
- More spiders await you
Platform Puzzle #2
- Once past the spiders there is another platform puzzle. There will be a series of chains you’ll need to pull yourself between. Find the hovering platform and use the ramp to get on top of it. Use Accio to pull yourself forward from platform chain to platform chain
- At the second pull chain, be sure to stop and look to the right for some treasure
- As you pull yourself towards the third chain, keep an eye to the right for another stone path to jump onto for more treasure. Then back on the hovering platform to get to the last chain pull
- Jump down and walk all the way around following the quest marker to more spiders
Sealed Door #3
- Make your way up the ramp to the bridge
- A gate will block your way forward. There are three more nodes you need to hit again. One you can easily see to the immediate right. Another is back down the ramp and around the left hand corner, hidden underneath the path above. As you go back up the ramp to the gate, the third is on top of a pillar of stone on your right.
- Cross the bridge and into a new chamber
- You’ll find Jackdaw’s corpse and with it, the missing pages
- Sentry defenders will now come alive, and you must fight to stay alive
- The last three statues are much larger opponents. Remember the new spells you have in your arsenal! A quick Expelliarmus will remove their weapons from their hands.
- After their defeat the statue will melt away into another doorway, along with another pool of ancient magic you need to first interact with.
- Step through the doorway and down the hallway. When the room floods, don’t panic, mysterious magic will protect you
- Keep moving forward in your bubble towards the next door
- After the cut scene, speak to the portrait
- When the conversation ends, you will unlock your Talents!
- Exit the Chamber out the door behind you
Next Quest – Flying Class Quest
Previous Quest – Professor Hecat’s Assignment 2
Thanks for following our guide for Hogwarts Legacy – Jackdaw’s Rest Quest! We’ll be posting walkthroughs, guides, combat builds and more for Hogwarts Legacy, so keep your eyes out for more! Deltia will also be streaming the game at launch – you can watch him at https://www.twitch.tv/deltiasgaming