In Baldur’s Gate 3, Druids possess a unique ability called Wild Shape; in this overview, we’ll focus on the class’ Spider action, which is great at damage and utility.
What is Spider Wild Shape in Baldur’s Gate 3?
At Level 2, Druids gain an ability called Wild Shape, allowing players to magically transform into various creatures for combat or exploration, including Spider form. Here are the most important features of wild shape in Baldur’s Gate 3:
- While in animal form, you cannot talk or cast spells.
- If your beast form’s Hit Points drop to 0, you revert to your original form, with the same Hit Points you had before transforming into Spider Form.
- Your Ability Scores become those of the creature while Wild Shaped, except for Charisma, Intelligence, and Wisdom.
- Concentration on a spell is not broken when entering Wild Shape.
- Your equipped items have no effect until you revert back.
- You keep your Skill and Saving Throw Proficiencies while in Wild Shape.
- To transform you consume charges that can be replenished by Short Rest.
- Activation type depends on the chosen subclass – Bonus Action (Circle of the Moon subclass) and Action (Circle of the Land subclass)
How to Unlock Spider Wild Shape in Baldur’s Gate 3?
- Circle of the Moon Subclass at Level 2
- Circle of the Land Subclass at Level 2
- Circle of Spores Subclass at Level 2
Wild Shape: Spider
The Spider Wild Shape proves valuable both in utility and crowd control. Venomous bite action doesn’t deal a lot of damage but is extremely useful against characters with a low constitution, such as spellcasters, or ranged weapon users. The bite can poison the target if they don’t pass the constitution saving throw, and the poisoned target suffers a disadvantage on all attack rolls and ability checks.
Additionally, the Web Action allows the Spider to create a large area effect that reduces the movement of all characters within it. Furthermore, if you set the web on fire, enemies caught in the area of effect will suffer from burning damage.
Spiders can easily climb, making them ideal scouts for hard-to-reach places.
Similar to all druid’s wild shapes, the Spider has a special self-healing ability called Lunar Mend that can restore some of your hit points without spending a spell slot.
Wild Shape: Spider Action
The table below presents all Spider Wild Shape actions skills and attacks with effects the class can perform:
|Spider Skill/Action||Atack Type||Damage Type||Additional Effects|
|Venomous Bite Action||Melee attack||Piercing damage, 1d8 + 3||Target must make a DC 13 Constitution Saving Throw or become poisoned for 2 turn|
|Web Action||AoE||–||Cover a target in flammable webbing that can Enweb creatures and slow their movement in the area.|
|Lunar Mend||Self||Healing Spell||Regain 1d8 hit points per level of the spell slot|
In Spider Wild Shape your character temporarily adopts the creature attributes, except for your Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma scores. The Following Table presents all Wild Shape Spider statistics in Baldur’s Gate 3:
|HP and Ability Score||Number|
|Hit Points (HP)||20|
Looking For More About Baldur’s Gate 3?
Thank you for reading Baldur’s Gate 3 Wild Shape: Spider Overview Guide. We provide the latest news and create guides for Baldur’s Gate 3. Also, watch me play games on Twitch or visit my YouTube channel!