In Baldur’s Gate 3, Druids possess a unique ability called Wild Shape; in this overview, we’ll focus on the class’ Wolf action, which excels at speed and evasion.
What is Wolf Wild Shape in Baldur’s Gate 3?
At Level 2, Druids gain an ability called Wild Shape, allowing players to magically transform into various creatures for combat or exploration, including Wolf form. Here are the most important features of wild shape in Baldur’s Gate 3:
- While in animal form, you cannot talk or cast spells.
- If your beast form’s Hit Points drop to 0, you revert to your original form, with the same Hit Points you had before transforming into Wolf Form.
- Your Ability Scores become those of the creature while Wild Shaped, except for Charisma, Intelligence, and Wisdom.
- Concentration on a spell is not broken when entering Wild Shape.
- Your equipped items have no effect until you revert back.
- You keep your Skill and Saving Throw Proficiencies while in Wild Shape.
- To transform you consume charges that can be replenished by Short Rest.
- Activation type depends on the chosen subclass – Bonus Action (Circle of the Moon subclass) and Action (Circle of the Land subclass)
How to Unlock Wolf Wild Shape in Baldur’s Gate 3?
- Circle of the Moon Subclass at Level 2
- Circle of the Land Subclass at Level 2
- Circle of Spores Subclass at Level 2
Wild Shape: Wolf
The Wolf Wild Shape proves valuable primarily in combat and group support, providing the team with extra movement and guaranteed critical strikes. As a wolf, you’ll receive a decent hit points pool, but also +2 initiative which is crucial for the special actions you can perform to support our group from the first turn. Wolf deals good damage with Bite Action.
Additionally, this Wild Shape not only has a good speed, but also can boost your team’s movement with Inciting Howl Action, and every companion within earshot can move an additional 3m. The last wolf attack is Exposing Bite Action, if it lands successfully and deals damage to an enemy, your next attack will be a critical hit on this enemy. So you can use Exposing Bite on the most dangerous opponent, and then attack them with your most damage-producing character for maximum damage and guaranteed critical hit.
Similar to all druid’s wild shapes, the Wolf has a special self-healing ability called Lunar Mend that can restore some of your hit points without spending a spell slot.
Wild Shape: Wolf Action
The table below presents all Wolf Wild Shape actions skills and attacks with effects, the class can perform:
|Wolf Skill/Action||Atack Type||Damage Type||Additional Effects|
|Bite Action||Melee attack||Piercing damage, 2d6 + 3||–|
|Exposing Bite Action||Melee attack||Piercing damage, 1d4 + 3||Successful Exposing Bite Action guarantees the next attack against the target from within 1.5m (5ft) will be a Critical Hit.|
|Inciting Howl Action||AoE||–||Each ally within the AoE range can move an additional 3m(10ft) during their next turn.|
|Lunar Mend||Self||Healing Spell||Regain 1d8 hit points per level of the spell slot|
In Wolf Wild Shape your character temporarily adopts the creature attributes, except for your Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma scores. The Following Table presents all Wild Shape Wolf statistics in Baldur’s Gate 3:
|HP and Ability Score||Number|
|Hit Points (HP)||18|
Looking For More About Baldur’s Gate 3?
Thank you for reading Baldur’s Gate 3 Wild Shape: Wolf Overview Guide. We provide the latest news and create guides for Baldur’s Gate 3. Also, watch me play games on Twitch or visit my YouTube channel!