Bungie just announced Destiny 2 Titan Exotic Armor Changes in Season 22, adjusting some underutilized exotic armor.
Recently, Bungie released a massive developer preview for sandbox changes coming in next season. In the preview, we get a look at multiple nerfs, buffs, adjustments, and outright changes to some undervalued or overvalued aspects of the sandbox. The most important changes towards build crafting are the Destiny 2 Exotic Armor Changes in Season 22.
Exotic armor changes are often massive shakeups in the meta equipment that are desired for all levels of gameplay. Some changes are outright nerfs to overly potent armor or specific builds while some are massive buffs to increase the usage in an otherwise lack luster exotic. Regardless, its sure to bring more builds to light and decrease usage of certain overpowered builds.
Titan Exotic Armor Changes in Season 22
In Destiny 2, Titan Exotic Armor changes will include pieces of armor such as Icefall Mantle, Doom Fang Pauldrons, Path of the Burning Steps, ACD/0 Feedback Fence, and Hallowfire Heart.
Icefall Mantle Exotic Changes
Icefall Mantle is getting a nice buff to its base perk by giving a stasis weapon damage boost by getting stasis kills or activating your class ability.
- Current: Replaces Barricade with Glacial Guard. Sets Class Ability Cooldown to Rally Barricade’s.
- Update: Base perk will still function the same but now grants an escalating bonus to Stasis weapon damage when getting rapid Stasis kills. When you activate your class ability, you immediately gain the highest tier bonus.
Doom Fang Pauldrons Exotic Changes
Doom Fang Pauldron will keep its base perk and give a stacking void weapon damage buff when getting kills or getting a void melee kill.
- Current: Void melee kills give Super energy. While Sentinel Shield is active, melee kills recharge Shield Throw, which extends your Super on hits.
- Update: Base perk will still function the same but now grants an escalating bonus to Void weapon damage when getting rapid Void kills. When you get a Void melee kill, you immediately gain the highest tier bonus.
Path of the Burning Steps Exotic Changes
The Path of Burning Steps will keep its base perk and give a stacking solar weapon damage buff when getting kills or getting a solar grenade kill.
- Current: Solar final blows periodically grant you an escalating bonus to weapon damage. You are harder to slow or freeze with Stasis, and when you break out, you take no damage from doing so, creating a burst of Solar energy around yourself.
- Update: Base perk will still function the same but now getting a Solar Grenade kill now grants the highest tier Solar weapon damage bonus.
Eternal Warrior Exotic Changes
Eternal Warrior will keep its base perk and is getting an increase of its arc weapon damage stacks duration received after exiting your super.
- Current: Arc final blows grant an escalating damage bonus with Arc weapons. Gain an overshield when activating Fists of Havoc, and gain the highest tier damage bonus to Arc weapons when your Fists of Havoc Super ends.
- Update: The duration of the Arc weapon damage bonus when your Fist of Havoc Super ends has been extended to 30 seconds (from 10 seconds).
ACD/0 Feedback Fence Exotic Changes
ACD/0 Feedback Fence is getting a complete rework reducing damage with armor charges and releasing energy when hit with a melee while you have armor charge stacks.
- Current: Melee hits build energy. Being struck by a melee attack reduces incoming damage and unleashes the energy in a devastating explosion.
- Update: Old perk completely reworked to, when melee hits give you an Armor Charge, you take reduced melee damage while you have that Armor Charge. Taking melee damage causes you to emit a burst of damaging Arc energy that jolts targets, consuming your Armor Charge and dealing more damage based on the number of stacks consumed.
Hallowfire Heart Exotic Changes
Hallowfire Heart is getting its base solar ability regeneration removed and the chest piece will now produce Sunspots.
- Current: Improves the recharge rate of your Solar abilities. Greatly improves recharge rate while your Super is charged. Provides a small benefit to the airborne effectiveness stat of all weapons.
- Update: Removed its base energy to Solar abilities and replaced it with a perk that will let you build more into Sunspots. The perk that greatly increases your ability regen rate when your Super is fully charged remains.
A lot of these changes look like great adjustments to underutilized exotics allowing them to fit in a variety of new builds. Should these changes translate well to the live game, there are definitely some meta shaking options available here.
Looking For More Destiny 2?
Thank you for reading our Destiny 2 Titan Exotic Armor Changes in Season 22 article. We provide the latest news and create guides for Destiny 2. Additionally, watch me play games on Twitch, or visit my YouTube channel!