Bungie just announced Destiny 2 Warlock Exotic Armor Changes in Season 22, adjusting some underutilized exotic armor.
Recently, Bungie released a massive developer preview for sandbox changes coming in next season. In the preview, we get a look at multiple nerfs, buffs, adjustments, and outright changes to some undervalued or overvalued aspects of the sandbox. The most important changes towards build crafting are the Destiny 2 Exotic Armor Changes in Season 22.
Exotic armor changes are often massive shakeups in the meta equipment that are desired for all levels of gameplay. Some changes are outright nerfs to overly potent armor or specific builds while some are massive buffs to increase the usage in an otherwise lack luster exotic. Regardless, its sure to bring more builds to light and decrease usage of certain overpowered builds.
Warlock Exotic Armor Changes in Season 22
In Destiny 2, Warlock Exotic Armor changes will include pieces of armor such as Winter’s Guile, Astrocyte Verse, Geomag Stabilizers, and Wings of Sacred Dawn.
Astrocyte Verse Exotic Changes
Astrocyte Verse is getting some additional perks giving it the ability to apply volatile by blinking near enemies and no cost in blink while in your Nova Warp super.
- Current: Blink further and more frequently. Weapon readies quickly out of Blink and radar remains up. Provides a moderate benefit to the airborne effectiveness stat of all weapons.
- Update: Its base perks will remain and added to it are, enemies near you when you Blink become volatile. Additionally, when you’re using the Nova Warp Super, the Dark Blink ability no longer consumes Super energy
Geomag Stabilizers Exotic Changes
Geomag Stabilizers are getting a nice buff to its super generation allowing it to function as a stand alone super exotic.
- Current: Damaging targets with Chaos Reach extends its duration.
- Update: Base perk remains, now picking up an ionic trace while wearing this Exotic will grant Guardians additional Super energy.
Wings of Sacred Dawn Exotic Changes
Wings of Sacred Dawn is getting a gameplay buff which reloads your weapons from reserves after getting a kill while floating.
- Current: When Dawnblade is equipped, aiming weapons while you’re midair suspends you there for a short time, improving airborne accuracy, reducing incoming flinch, and granting damage resistance. Weapon hits extend this effect’s duration. Provides a large benefit to the airborne effectiveness stat of all weapons.
- Update: Keeping its base perk this Exotic now automatically reloads Solar weapons from reserves each time you get a kill while aiming down sights.
Winter’s Guile Exotic Changes
Winter’s Guile is keeping all of its base perk while getting some extra functionality with the warlock stasis melee, Penumbral Blast.
- Current: Eliminating enemies with melee attacks increases your melee damage.
- Update: Base perk still remains but while using stasis, combatants encased by your Penumbral Blast melee will automatically shatter after a short delay.
A lot of these changes look like great adjustments to underutilized exotics allowing them to fit in a variety of new builds. Should these changes translate well to the live game, there are definitely some meta shaking options available here.
Looking For More Destiny 2?
Thank you for reading our Destiny 2 Warlock Exotic Armor Changes in Season 22 article. We provide the latest news and create guides for Destiny 2. Additionally, watch me play games on Twitch, or visit my YouTube channel!