One of the companions you can recruit in Baldur’s Gate 3 is Karlach, a Barbarian soldier who can be found early on at the beginning of Act 1.
Karlach is a former slave soldier and will bring a compelling dimension to your group of companions. This very impressive and strong barbarian companion only wants her freedom, and you may be able to help her. However, you will be able to recruit her and have her on your team when the full version of the game launches. In early access, she isn’t a companion character, you can find her in Act 1 and only complete a quest to help her. This short guide explains all steps to find Karlach and possibly also recruit her to your party in Baldur’s Gate 3.
How to Recruit Karlach and Where to Find Her in Baldur’s Gate 3?
You can find Karlach south from the Risen Road, in the first chapter of the game. If you have already uncovered the location, you can teleport there; otherwise, proceed north and then east from the Blighted Village. You’ll discover her wounded on a rock, she won’t trust you and point her crossbow at you and your companions. Eventually, she’ll explain that mercenaries are pursuing her and ask for your help. This will trigger a quest named Hunt the Devil, giving you the choice to align with her or a shady Paladin named Anders.
If you choose to side with Karlach, defending her against Anders and his shady mercenaries and defeating them, will allow you to recruit her later on. Make your way to the abandoned house adjacent to her location near Risen Road. Nextly, engage in conversation with the cultist leader. He will accuse her of murder and briefly explain the reasons why he is trying to hunt her down. If you choose to take Karlach under your protection, the fight will start, and after you defeat the enemies, return to Karlach to successfully conclude the quest.
Karlach Location in Baldur’s Gate 3 & Helpful Tips
To find and recruit Karlach in Baldur’s Gate 3 you must complete the following steps:
- Complete the Prologue quest and escape the Nautiloid Ship.
- Make your way to the middle of the map and unlock the Blighted Village Shrine.
- Go north until you reach the Risen Road.
- Go east and kill a pack of Gnoll enemies.
- Head down a slight hill to reach a stream where you will find wounded Karlach on a rock.
- Speak with her and offer help.
- Head towards the abandoned house near Risen Road. You’ll find Anders and his companions there.
- Speak with the mercenary leader and select the dialogue option, “I know the woman…She’s under my protection.”
- The conversation will lead to a fight. Defeat the enemies and ensure Karlach’s safety.
- Go back to Karlach’s location.
- Speak with Karlach to complete the quest
- After the full Baldur’s Gate 3 release, you will have the option to recruit her to join your party.
By following these simple steps, you’ll find and help Karlach, earning a valuable companion for your adventures in Baldur’s Gate 3.
Join Active Party: If there is an available slot in your active party, a newly recruited companion will immediately become part of it, and you can start adventuring together.
Camp Wait: In case your active party is already full, the companion will return to your camp. At the camp, they will patiently wait for you. The camp serves as a safe haven where you can rest, interact with your companions, and even swap out party members as needed.
Looking For More About Baldur’s Gate 3?
Thank you for reading How to Find & Recruit Karlach in Baldur’s Gate 3 Guide. We provide the latest news and create guides for Baldur’s Gate 3. Also, watch me play games on Twitch or visit my YouTube channel!