In Baldur’s Gate 3, The Dead Shot is a decent Bow, and you can get it during Act 3 from a Merchant – this short Guide Explains everything you need to know about Dead Shot in BG3.
The Dead Shot
In Baldur’s Gate 3, Dead Shot Longbow provides fantastic damage and improved Critical and Keen Attack bonuses that greatly improve the damage of your ranger or bow-using character. The bow increases your chances of critical hit and doubles proficiency bonus when attacking with this weapon. Weapon Enchantment +2 increases overall damage, making it a fantastic choice in the late game of Act 3.
You can equip it to your character’s main hand weapon slot in the inventory, providing additional bonuses and buffs. The user needs Martial Weapon proficiency or suffers penalties while wearing the weapon. You can equip it on any class, companion, or character that has Martial Weapon proficiency.
Here are all Dead Shot features in BG3:
- Weapon Type: Two-Handed, Longbow
- Range: 18m
- Damage: 1D8 +4 Piercing
- Requirements: Martial Weapon proficiency
- Rarity: Very Rare
- Location: Sold by Fytz the Firecracker at the Stormshore Armoury, Act 3
- Weight: 1.1 kg
- Value: 1309
- Improved Critical: The number you need to roll a Critical Hit while attacking is reduced by 1. This effect can stack.
- Keen Attack: The wielder doubles their Proficiency Bonus when rolling ranged attacks with this weapon, unless they have Disadvantage.
- Weapon Enchantment +2
- Classes with Martial Weapons Proficiency: Cleric(Tempest Domain, War Domain), Fighter, Ranger, Paladin, Barbarian, Bard (College of Valour)
- Companions Who Can Use This Weapon: Lae’zel, Minthara, Karlach, Minsc
How to Get Dead Shot in Baldur’s Gate 3
Dead Shot is available to buy from Fytz the Firecracker, one of the Stormshore Armoury merchants in Baldur’s Gate during BG3 Act 3. She stands on the secluded terrace just next to the Sorcerous Sundries. During Act 3, when you enter for the first time Baldur’s Gate through Basilisk Gate, Head west to find this merchant and many others. Look around, and there are many fantastic armour and weapons to buy in the area. There are no requirements to buy this armor, as soon as you get to the city, you will be allowed to go where you can get the Dead Shot in Baldur’s Gate 3.