The Gloves of Power is a decent item for any melee character in Baldur’s Gate 3, and you can easily get it in Act 1 – This short Guide Explains everything you need to know about the Gloves of Power in BG3.
The Gloves of Power
In Baldur’s Gate 3, the Gloves of Power offer an Absolute Bane bonus, which means that when you use a melee attack, there’s a chance to lower the target’s attack rolls and saving throws. On top of this debuff potential, these gloves also grant a +1 bonus to Sleight of Hand for the wearer. They are an excellent choice for melee-focused characters like rogues, Astarion, or Lae’zel. These gloves prove to be quite useful in mid to late-game combat situations, and the best part is that they are readily available for acquisition.
You can equip it to your character’s gloves slot in the inventory, providing additional bonuses and buffs. There are no requirements for this item. You can equip it on any class, companion, or character.
Here are all Gloves of Power features in BG3:
- Armor: Clothing, Gloves
- Proficiency Requirement: No Requirements
- Rarity: Uncommon
- Weight: 0.5 kg
- Value: 90
- Location: Can be looted from Za’krug body near Emerald Grove main gate, Act 1
- Absolute Bane: Creatures hit by an attack may receive a 1d4 penalty to Attack Rolls and Saving Throws.
- Classes and Races That Can Equip It: All characters can equip these gloves.
How to Get Gloves of Power in Baldur’s Gate 3
You can loot the Gloves of Power from Za’krug, the goblin boss body near Emerald Grove’s main gate, during Act 1.
Here is a short overview of how to get the Gloves of Power:
- Complete Prologue: Progress until you reach Act 3 and arrive at Rivington village
- Gather Companions on your way There: Along the way, you will find Astarion, Gale, Shadowheart, and Lae’zel. They will help you with the goblin fight.
- Approach Druid Grove: Check Map for reference
- Defeat The Goblins: Wyll and other tieflings will help you.
- Get the Gloves of Power: Loot the Za’krug body.
After the prologue on the ship, you wake up on the Ravenged Beach, and Emerald Grove is just to the north. You can also gather some companions along the way if you haven’t done it already: Astarion, Gale, Shadowheart, and Lae’zel. As you approach the Grove, a brief cutscene will play, and the battle will start. You shouldn’t encounter significant difficulties. Consider climbing the small rocky hill, where one of the goblin archers is positioned, to gain a tactical advantage with a clear view of the battlefield. Prioritize dealing with the ranged attackers and spellcasting goblins, and then help in defeating the Za’krug boss and the remaining goblins near the gate. After the fight, you can search the fallen enemies for loot, including the Gloves of Power, which can be found on Za’krug’s body.
That’s all you need to know about the Gloves of Power in Baldur’s Gate 3!
Looking For More About Baldur’s Gate 3?
Thank you for reading How to Get Gloves of Power in Baldur’s Gate 3 Guide. We provide the latest news and create guides for Baldur’s Gate 3. Also, watch me play games on Twitch or visit my YouTube channel!