In Baldur’s Gate 3, Returning Pike is an uncommon weapon, and you can get them from a merchant in Goblin Camp during Act 1 – this short Guide Explains everything you need to know about Returning Pike in BG3.
The Returning Pike
In Baldur’s Gate 3, The Returning Pike provides a Homing Weapon bonus that ensures that this pike comes back to you after you throw it at the enemy. Additionally, the wearer gains +1 extra damage. You can equip it to your character’s main hand weapon slot in the inventory, providing additional bonuses and buffs. The user needs Martial Weapon proficiency or suffers penalties while wearing the weapon. You can equip it on any class, companion, or character that has Martial Weapon proficiency.
Here are all Returning Pike features in BG3:
- Weapon Type: Two-Handed Pike
- Damage: 1D10 +5 Piercing
- Requirements: Martial Weapon proficiency
- Rarity: Uncommon
- Location: Grat, Goblin Trader in Goblin Camp Ruins, Act 1
- Weight: 8.1 kg
- Value: 163
- Homing Weapon: This weapon will return to its owner when thrown.
- Weapon Enchantment +1
- Classes with Martial Weapons Proficiency: Cleric(Tempest Domain, War Domain), Fighter, Ranger, Paladin, Barbarian, Bard (College of Valour)
- Companions Who Can Use This Weapon: Lae’zel, Minthara, Karlach, Minsc
How to Get Returning Pike in Baldur’s Gate 3
You can get the Returning Pike from the vendor in Goblin Camp during Act 1. Here is a short overview of how to get the Returning Pike in BG3:
- Complete the prologue
- Act 1: From the beach where you wake up, head north to find the first goblins and reach EMerald Grove
- Find the Goblin Camp: West until you find the Gobling Camp built around the ruins of Shattered Sanctum.
- Ensure to act friendly to Goblions; otherwise, they attack you, and you’ll lose the ability to buy the pike.
- Speak with Grat: The trader stands next to the main gate of Shattered Sanctum Ruins.
- Buy the Returning Pike from the Grat.
Grat The Trader and Returning Pike
The Swiresy Shoes in Baldur’s Gate 3 can be obtained only from Grat The Trader, the goblin in the Goblin Camp, as shown in the picture above. To reach the Goblin Camp, head west from Emerald Grove, continue by passing through the Blighted Village, and go straight west to shattered sanctum ruins. Maintaining a friendly attitude when encountering goblins is crucial to prevent hostile confrontations. Failure to do so may lead to goblin attacks, and you will lose your opportunity to acquire this pike. You’ll find Grat, the trader, stationed near the primary entrance of the Shattered Sanctum Ruins.
All unique gear items Grat The Trader can offer:
- Swiresy Shoes
- Gloves of Archery
- Boots of Aid and Comfort
- Whispering Promise
- Returning Pike
- Doom Hammer
If, by chance, you’ve already dealt with the goblins or they weren’t amicable, there’s a slim possibility of looting this weapon from Grat’s remains. However, it’s not the recommended approach, as the item you retrieve could be a random selection from his merchandise. The optimal strategy is to approach goblins and buy the weapon before you decide to kill them. Grat The Trader will offer a random selection of items each day, meaning his shop’s inventory should refresh after taking a long rest and finishing the day. So it may take a few days to find and get the Swiresy Shoes. Happy shopping!
Looking For More About Baldur’s Gate 3?
Thank you for reading How to Get Returning Pike in Baldur’s Gate 3 Guide. We provide the latest news and create guides for Baldur’s Gate 3. Also, watch me play games on Twitch or visit my YouTube channel!