Larian Studios welcomes New Users, introduces Mac Support, and the highly-requested Magic Mirror Feature for Customizing Your Tav’s Appearance in Baldur’s Gate 3 Patch 3.
Baldur’s Gate 3 and Larian Studios Patch 3
Patch 3 brings many important changes to the newest Larian Studios game, including Magic, Mirror, Mac Support, combat, gameplay, and UI changes. We’ll highlight the most influential changes for Baldur’s Gate 3. The update includes many other adjustments and bug fixes to enhance gameplay and improve the player experience. Explore the full patch notes for more details on these changes—full Patch Notes in the official Larian Studios Community tab on Steam.
Patch 3 includes the following changes for Baldur’s Gate 3:
- Mac Support: Patch 3 brings full Mac support, allowing Mac users to dive into the world of Baldur’s Gate 3. Remember that saves from previous Mac versions won’t work with patch 3, so we recommend uninstalling the game and removing mods before installing the latest version.
- Magic Mirror: The Magic Mirror is now available in your camp, allowing you to change your character’s appearance, voice, and pronouns at will. Keep in mind that while you can make these adjustments, your character’s race, subrace, and body type remain unchanged, and it’s not accessible for Origin characters, hirelings, or full illithids.
- Combat: Several combat improvements include fixes to Divine Smite, Poltergeist enemy behavior, Sneak Attack damage, and more. They also made adjustments to the Misty Escape feat and the Spell Sniper feat.
- Gameplay: The patch addresses various gameplay issues, such as spells breaking Sanctuary conditions, level-up queues for characters, and the Idol of Silvanus buff. Additionally, it prevents NPCs from running away unnecessarily and enhances the behavior of summoned zombies and skeletons.
- UI: Developers introduced UI changes, including all trade modes, to enhance the overall player experience.
- Level Design: Minor fixes to Act I maps have been made to ensure smooth navigation for all character sizes.
- Writing: Some dialogue options and spell descriptions have been rewritten for clarity and player understanding.
- Audio and Cinematics: Fixes and improvements have been implemented in audio and cinematics, enhancing the overall visual and sound experience.
Essential Combat changes Highlights
The latest Baldur’s Gate 3 patch brings significant combat enhancements. Firstly, Larian Studios’ team decided to resolve an issue with Divine Smite to enhance the gameplay experience. You can no longer add Divine Smite as a reaction with higher-level spell slots, avoiding the unintended possibility of two Divine Smites in a single attack. Additionally, the Divine Smite damage no longer exceeds the cap of 5d8, ensuring balance in combat.
Players will also notice improvements with undead minions raised through Create Undead, as they can now jump to follow you more effectively. The Everburn Blade has been adjusted to set explosive surfaces correctly, and objects alight upon impact, adding strategic depth to battles. For those using the Misty Escape feat, rest assured that it will no longer break concentration, causing fewer issues in combat.
Players will notice an enhanced +1 Lightning damage bonus for the Lightning Charge, which now applies to every damage instance, including individual bolts of Magic Missile. This change significantly boosts the potency of lightning-based attacks. Notably, the developers have fine-tuned Destructive Wrath, ensuring it exclusively delivers maximum damage to Lightning and Thunder damage types, resulting in a substantial buff specifically designed to benefit tempest clerics.
Spellcasters wielding the Spell Sniper feat will now find that it correctly reduces the Critical Hit threshold by 1, optimizing spellcasting precision. Furthermore, developers made later game fights more challenging, increasing difficulty and replayability for all players.
Lastly, tiefling characters receive a significant buff, as Hellish Rebuke is now available as a reaction for Spell Slot Levels 4, 5, and 6, making them even more powerful in combat situations.
These combat adjustments in Patch 3 aim to deliver a more balanced gameplay experience for all Baldur’s Gate 3 players.
Looking For More About Baldur’s Gate 3?
Thank you for reading Larian Introduces Mac Support & Magic Mirror to Baldur’s Gate 3 in Patch 3 Article. We provide the latest news and create guides for Baldur’s Gate 3. Also, watch me play games on Twitch or visit my YouTube channel!