PTS Patch Notes 1.6.3 for Elder Scrolls Online are below with link to official post.
PTS Patch Notes v1.6.3
The Elder Scrolls Online v1.6.3 is an incremental patch that continues to address issues found on the PTS and polishes new and existing features. This patch will be approximately 10GB due to updates to the VO throughout the game.
Note that all known issues listed below will be addressed and fixed before Update 6 goes live.
- You cannot currently modify your appearance when creating a new character. This does not affect your choice of alliance, race, or class.
- Your character model will initially appear as turned around, and there is a delay with the rotation.
- Character models may take longer than usual to load in.
- Alliance-specific backgrounds may not sync up with your actual alliance.
- If you use the “Hide Helmet” option, your facial customization options will be set to default when viewing them from this screen. This will not affect your face in-game.
- There is still an outstanding issue that is causing extremely high damage. While we have fixed some of the ways this can happen, our QA team has identified some situations where this can still occur. This is a top priority and we are working to make sure it is fixed.
- Bankers that were added to the Outlaws Refuges do not currently have VO.
FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS
- Fixed an issue where alliance symbols were showing behind the Emperor leaderboards.
Art & Animation
- Polished the animation for the two-handed ability Uppercut.
- Fixed an issue where you would contort unnaturally when falling and landing backwards with a weapon unsheathed.
- Fixed an issue where animations would pop when using the ability Arrow Spray repeatedly.
- Fixed several issues related to other player character’s animations, weapons, and orientation.
- Normalized the volume levels for guards’ voice over when they attack you during Justice System activities.
- We have further improved the following:
- Audio in the tutorial (Wailing Caverns) and some starter areas.
- Many abilities in the game.
- Overall audio performance.
- Many user-interface sounds.
- Combat sound balance.
- Volume levels for many lines of voice-over in the game.
- The timing of many NPC-to-NPC conversations and important moments.
- Audio performance. (This is an ongoing effort.)
- The audio used by a number of monsters, critters, and objects in the world.
- The audio in many locations where the sound and/or music didn’t quite fit the space, or in some cases, was missing entirely.
- Fixed a number of text-to-voice-over mismatches.
- Fixed an audio-related crash issue.
Combat & Gameplay
- Solo instance difficulty easing now begins after your first death. We have also increased the velocity of easing in response to repeated deaths.
- Updated the stable tutorial pop-up to reflect your riding skill upgrades.
- Fixed an issue if you loaded into the game dual wielded weapons, the left handed weapon would not be held properly.
- Fixed an issue where announcements and tutorials for Champion Points were showing up immediately upon entering gameplay.
- Weapon swap will no longer appear as a buff in your character sheet for 2 seconds after swapping.
- Fixed an issue where potion buffs were not being applied when you had an ability active that applied the same buff.
- Reduced all damage shields cast in Cyrodiil by 15%. This will not not affect damage shields outside of Cyrodiil.
- You can now swap weapons while roll dodging.
- Reduced the buff applied to the Emperor to 75% from 100%, due to the removal of overcharged stats.
- Fixed an issue where some passive abilities were appearing in the active effects section of the character panel.
- Fixed an issue where you couldn’t use Break Free when being affected by multiple CC abilities at the same time.
Buffs & Debuffs
- Healing debuffs, such as Major Defile, are now multiplicative instead of additive. This means you can no longer be reduced to 0% healing taken.
- Increased the damage reduction on the Battle Spirit buff to 20% from 15%.
- Decreased the healing reduction from Major Defile to -30% from -40%.
- Ardent Flame
- Inferno: Fixed an error in the Inferno tooltip where the maximum Magicka reduction was still listed.
- Earthen Heart
- Mountain’s Blessing: This passive ability now grants only one Ultimate every six seconds.
- Obsidian Shield: Fixed an issue where Obsidian Shield was not properly refreshing when recast.
- Mirage (Blur Morph): The tooltip for rank 1 of this ability now lists the correct duration at 26 seconds.
- Sap Essence (Drain Power Morph): This ability now properly displays that it grants the Major Sorcery buff instead of the Minor Sorcery buff on your character screen.
- Siphoning Strikes: Reduced the damage penalty for having Siphoning Strikes active by 5%. Also, this ability (all ranks and morphs) can now trigger off of doing damage to player characters that are using damage mitigation shields.
- Transfer: Reduced this passive’s cooldown to four seconds from six.
- Daedric Summoning
- Rebate: Fixed an issue where this ability was not restoring Magicka when a Daedric pet was de-summoned or died.
- Dark Magic
- Dark Conversion (Dark Exchange Morph): Rank 4 of this ability can now be toggled on and off.
- Storm Calling
- Critical Surge (Surge Morph): This ability now correctly lists a 20-second duration in its tooltip.
- Expert Mage: This passive ability has been changed. It now grants 2% Spell Power for each Sorcerer ability slotted instead of 10% reduced cost to lightning spells.
- Lightning Splash: Increased the duration to 6 seconds from 4 seconds.
- Liquid Lighting (Lightning Splash Morph): Increased this ability’s duration to ten seconds, and removed the additional damage from the first hit.
- Overload: Reduced the rank up bonus damage for this ability from 3% to 1%. Also, Overload and its morphs will no longer trigger Ultimate gain from Light and Heavy Attacks.
- Surge (All Ranks & Morphs): This ability can now trigger off of doing damage to player characters that are using damage mitigation shields.
- Aedric Spear
- Puncturing Strike: Fixed a minor effects issue with this ability and its morphs.
- Dawn’s Wrath
- Enduring Rays: The tooltip for Enduring Rays rank 2 now correctly lists the increased duration of Dawn’s Wrath abilities as 20% instead of 10%.
- Prism: This passive now grants only one Ultimate every six seconds at rank 1. The Ultimate gain per six seconds at rank 2 has been increased from 2 to 3.
- Radiant Destruction: The damage for this ability now scales up at the same rate as the Two Handed ability Reverse Slash.
- Scorched Earth (Volley): This ability will now correctly use your Weapon Critical value to determine critical chance instead of you Spell Critical value.
- Destruction Staff
- Fixed an issue where the Fire Staff heavy attack was dealing more damage than intended to player characters that have a dodge bonus.
- Destructive Clench: Fire Clench, Frost Clench, and Shock clench will now properly play their particle effects when recast in quick succession.
- Elemental Ring (Impulse Morph): Fixed an issue where this ability’s tooltip was not displaying the correct damage-over-time duration.
- Two Handed
- Brawler (Cleave Morph): The effects of this ability will no longer stack with repeated hits on a single target.
- Critical Charge: Fixed a minor type in this ability’s tooltip (misspelling of the word “critical.”)
- Dual Wield
- Fixed an issue where partially charged heavy attacks from stealth were doing more damage than a fully charged heavy attack.
- Blade Cloak (All Morphs and Ranks): Fixed an issue where Blade Cloak and its morphs were reducing all damage taken by 20%. Now it reduces only damage taken from radius-based abilities, as intended. Also, Blade Cloak and its morphs now strike out only at nearby targets every three seconds, and its damage has been increased by 10%.
- Deadly Cloak (Blade Cloak Morph): When you activate Deadly Cloak, the triggered ability Deadly Throw now has correct icon.
- Twin Blade and Blunt: Fixed an issue where this passive ability was displaying the incorrect Weapon Critical rating bonus for daggers. It now displays your current Weapon Critical rating bonus, as a number (rather than a percentage.)
- Light Armor
- Concentration: This passive ability no longer reduces the target’s Spell Resistance. Instead, it now grants Spell Penetration to the caster as long as the caster is wearing five or more pieces of Light Armor.
- Medium Armor
- Agility: Fixed an issue where this passive ability was granting spell damage in addition to weapon power.
- Soul Magic
- Soul Assault (Soul Stroke Morph): Fixed an issue where Soul Assault displayed two different duration values in its tooltip. The correct duration is 3.9 seconds.
- Blood Ritual: Updated this passive ability’s tooltip to include the correct name of effect that allows you to infect other players with Vampirism (Noxiphilic Sanguivoria).
- Mages Guild
- Major Fortitude (Buff): Fixed an issue where the Major Fortitude buff icon wasn’t appearing after casting Balance IV.
- Fighters Guild
- Major Savagery (Buff): Evil Hunter, Camouflage Hunter, and Expert Hunter now show the active effects of the Major Savagery buff on your character screen.
- Bone Shield (Synergy): Fixed an issue with the Bone Shield Synergies failing to target those who use the Synergy.
- Undaunted Command: Fixed an issue where this passive ability was not triggering with Luminous Shards (All Ranks), Blood Feast (All Ranks) and Rejuvenate. Also, updated the tooltip for Undaunted Command so it is more clear which synergies trigger the passive ability.
- Major Force (Buff): Reduced the critical damage increase that the Major Force buff grants from 40% to 30%.
- Vigor: Fixed an issue where Vigor would miss allies that were actively using Shadow Cloak.
- War Horn: Reduced the stat bonuses for War Horn and its morphs from 15% to 10%.
- Siege Shield: Fixed an issue where Siege Shield rank 1 was only affecting three targets instead of the intended 20.
- Magicka Aid: Fixed an issue where the extra Magicka recovery granted by this passive ability was not working properly with Guard and Revealing Flare.
- Guard: Fixed an issue where Guard rank 1 was not correctly draining stamina every second.
- Veteran Rank 14 characters who have more than the maximum allowed stored EXP at Rank 14 will now be properly capped and have the correct amount of extra Champion Points granted (70) when we convert to the Champion System.
- Warrior Constellation
- The Lady
- Thick Skinned, Elemental Defender, and Hardy now provide multiplicative bonuses so they scale correctly.
- Unchained: Reduced the duration of this ability from 8 seconds to 3 seconds.
- Spell Absorption: Updated this ability’s tool tip to include the specific types of damage that can cause the ability to trigger. Oblivion damage has been added to the list of damage types.
- The Steed
- Shield Expert: Updated this ability’s tooltip to mention that the increase in Armor and Spell Resistance applies only to equipped shields.
- The Lady
- Thief Constellation
- The Shadow
- Nimble: Removed this passive from the skill line and replaced it with Defile. Defile increases the effectiveness of healing reduction effects per point.
- Sprinter: Moved this passive from The Shadow to The Tower.
- Tumbling: This passive now reduces the cost of Roll Dodge and Break Free. Also, Tumbling’s total possible effectiveness has been reduced from 25% to 18%.
- The Tower
- Tumbling: Moved this passive from The Tower to The Shadow.
- Bashing Focus: Increased the cost reduction to 25% at maximum rank instead of 6.3%.
- The Shadow
- Mage Constellation
- The Apprentice
- Foresight: This passive no longer makes it possible to use Vampirism abilities for free (no resource cost) when a stage 4 vampire.
- The Ritual
- Opportunist: Reduced the bonus damage granted by this passive from 50% to 15%.
- The Apprentice
- Flesh Atronachs throughout Tamriel are beefier, spikier, and more disgusting than ever before.
- The following monster abilities can now be blocked:
- Air Atronach – Lightning Rod
- Daedroth – Fiery Breath
- Dwarven Centurion – Steam Breath
- Dwarven Spider – Static Field
- Flame Atronach – Combustion
- Gargoyle – Quake
- Giant Bat – Screech
- Giant Spider – Poison Spray
- Hoarvor – Bloodletting
- Imp – Flame Ray
- Imp – Zap
- Knight – Fiery Breath
- Nix Hound – Leech
- Nix Hound – Dampworm
- Ogre – Shockwave
- Shalk – Flamethrower
- Spriggan – Nature’s Swarm
- Storm Mage – Thunder Thrall
- Thunderbug – Zap
- Titan – Swallowing Souls
- Wamasu – Repulsion Shock
- Attacking a Lamia casting Harmony no longer causes your framerate to drop.
- Crushing Limbs is now timed such that the Lurcher will not resume movement until it has finished unleashing its fury upon the ground.
- Choking Pollen is now less likely to be used while the Lurcher pursues a moving target.
- Pulverize and Claw no longer require the Lurcher to stop moving before casting.
- Thrown Dagger now deals physical damage and no longer hits twice.
Crafting & Economy
- Survey reports will no longer mysteriously destroy themselves under certain circumstances.
- Modifying the amount of material used when crafting an item now correctly affects the crafted item’s level.
- The Ultimate Riverhold Beef Pasty now looks more like a pot pie and less like a cookie.
- Tripled the Damage Shield strength provided by Hardening Enchants.
- Drinks have been further strengthened to now restore the amount of health by which a food would buff the relevant resources, fully, over a period of twenty seconds.
- Template potions awarding multiple Magicka effects will no longer claim to provide 0 Spell Critical Rating. That was never really true, and they should feel bad for lying.
- Ravage potion effects now have a duration longer than one second.
- Fixed an issue that could result in tooltip text for drinks not reflecting the actual value gained.
- Potions granting Major Expedition now actually make you fast.
- Potions proving major buffs now last up to 35 seconds.
- Health potions now restore an amount more appropriate for the current gameplay balance. You will now be healed by 1.1x instead of 1.5x.
- Potions granting various major buffs now have effect icons associated with them.
- Alchemy water in Cyrodiil is now Veteran Rank 1. Additionally, water will scale to your level when sourced from (largely solo) instances that scale to your level.
- You can no longer preview items in the Crown Store while resurrecting or falling.
- Updated the Black and Maroon Dress icon and tints.
- Adjusted all the Pet and Mount cameras in preview mode.
- Fixed an issue where the Draugr polymorph could not be previewed.
- The Breton Ranger from the Woodland Scout bundle is now known as the Wood Elf Vanguard, with an updated description.
- Fixed an issue where unsheathing your weapon in the Crown Store while previewing caused you to disappear.
- Added a tutorial after you purchase a Crown Store consumable that details tips about the different Crown Store consumables.
- Fixed an issue that could result in you appearing to stand on a mount when previewing different mounts.
- Fixed an issue where store entries would spread apart slightly when you selected an item to buy.
- Fixed an issue with some Crown Store categories wrapping onto a new line.
- Updated the background image for various items in the Crown Store.
- Fixed an issue where your appearance would be altered after switching from the Draugr costume to any other costume.
Dungeons & Group Combat
- Boss encounters throughout dungeons that contain multiple bosses now grant the proper amount of experience based on dungeon difficulty in accordance with the new Champion System.
- Arx Corinium
- Matron Ixniaa and her minions have overcome their fear of crossing bridges. For real this time.
- Blackheart Haven
- Slightly adjusted the Blackheart Haven pirates’ positioning.
- Blessed Crucible
- Summoned Lava Atronachs will no longer mysteriously despawn during combat.
- City of Ash
- The Infernal Guardian’s Fiery Explosion ability will no longer display a red telegraph after the projectile has hit the ground.
- Direfrost Keep
- Fixed the camera positioning for the first speaking stone in Direfrost Keep to properly show what you’re interacting with.
- Selene’s Web
- Longclaw’s Panthers in Selene’s Web now move faster.
- Tempest Island
- You will once again receive credit for clearing the beach of Lamia prior to accepting the quest Eye of the Storm.
- Veteran Banished Cells
- The Third Binding Stone no longer glows as brightly.
- Veteran City of Ash
- The lightning charged Daedric spires that you must fully deactivate to form the bridge will now correctly stay in formation if you happen to defeat the encounter and relog.
- Veteran Crypt of Hearts
- Fixed an issue with the Edge of Darkness quest where you were being set to the wrong quest step when logging back into the instance after having logged out.
- Aetherian Archive
- The Mage’s Conjured Axes will no longer persist into her final phase.
- Sanctum Ophidia
- Increased the health of all monsters in Sanctum Ophidia.
Exploration & Itemization
- You can now fish with stolen bait.
- Fixed an issue so bait items now stack to 200 as previously noted.
- Lockpicks, repair kits, and soul gems all now stack to 200. Go hog wild!
- Apple Baskets now correctly show both their looted and unlooted states.
- You will now receive Natural Water from Urns and Potion bottles inside the Wailing Prison.
- All Spoiled Food will now be consistently labeled as such.
- When targeting empty interactable objects, the interaction text will now display as “Empty”.
- Renamed all Group Challenge achievements to Group Event achievements.
- Repair kits now repair items of the proper level.
- Clarified the buff text for drinks and potions.
- Doubled the Critical Strike and Spell Critical values for all item set bonuses.
- Sabatons of the Dreugh King Slayer: Fixed an issue so these will now go on your feet, as intended.
- Jewelry with the Healthy trait now gives slightly more health.
- Increased the value of the Nirnhoned Trait so it is 50% stronger than the Reinforced Trait for armor.
- Murdered citizens now drop only one stolen item, unless their pockets have been completely emptied, in which case they will not drop any.
- Fixed an issue that would sometimes result in a Talk prompt displaying when mousing over dead citizens.
- Fixed an issue where some NPCs were responding to suspicious activities with normal greetings.
- Guild Traders will now witness crimes.
- Fleeing citizens no longer resume what they were previously doing a moment before despawning.
- Some small bags will now have a chance to drop the occasional clothing accessory or other stolen item.
- More than doubled the number of unique purple-quality stolen items to pockets, containers, and citizen corpses.
- Fixed additional wording and icon issues for stolen items.
- Neutral NPCs no longer glow white if you have the “Prevent attacking innocents” option turned on.
- Fixed a number of locations that had owned or unowned interactable objects in places they should’ve been the opposite.
- Hitting the Alt key while being accosted by a Guard will no longer close the dialog window.
- Some locations associated with a specific zone, but separated by a loading screen, will now correctly share the zone’s stolen items as expected.
- Fishers now always drop an appropriate amount of items in the bronze tier when killed or pickpocketed.
- Casting a heal over time on another player character who then quickly commits a crime in front of a guard will no longer share the guard’s ire with you.
- Some of the NPCs that appear to be sharpening swords will now use those swords to defend themselves against you.
- Bashing critters now kills them. They are fragile, and we are monsters.
- NPCs that have their hands tied will no longer break their binds to fight you when they’re attacked. They can, however, witness crimes, and will react to assault and murder.
- NPCs who react to crimes nonviolently no longer fail to defend themselves if attacked.
- The Daggerfall Outlaws Refuge now displays the correct map.
- It is no longer as difficult to reach the Elden Root Outlaws Refuge from the Elden Root Wayshrine.
- Bankers have been added to the Outlaws Refuges.
Pickpocketing & Trespassing
- NPCs that have nothing to pickpocket will no longer drop loot when murdered.
- Merchants will now carry the appropriate amount of items in their pockets.
- Added additional residents to many homes.
- NPC thieves will now react to pickpocket failures with violence.
- A number of Tamriel citizens have had their potential pickpocket loot expanded to reflect their chosen profession.
- Added messaging when you attempt to pickpocket an NPC that doesn’t have anything in their pocket.
- Fixed an issue where failing a pickpocket against a guard would cause that guard to always try to kill you, instead of simply arresting you. Guards will no longer declare eternal blood feuds.
- More difficult pickpocketing targets now have a higher chance to drop better loot than easier pickpocketing victims.
- The items in the ship you appear in after the tutorial are no longer set as owned.
- Rebuilt the werewolf fight in Daggerfall so if a guard interferes, you will still get credit as long as you participate in the battle.
- Davon’s Watch
- The Caravan Guar in Davon’s Watch now respawn at the correct rate.
- Tamthis Rotha will no longer get stuck and despawn.
- Removed the skeever pack outside of the Rivenspire Outlaws Refuge.
- Updated the French and German localization for new game content.
- Vanity pets will now more consistently stay with you across zone and quest transitions.
Quests & Zones
- Fixed a number of camera issues with NPCs and objects.
- Fixed a number of NPCs that were clipping into walls, fence posts, and other objects.
- Fixed a number of typos in books, dialogue, and item names.
- Entila’s Folly: Fixed an issue where a note was missing from near a corpse.
- Spellscar: Fixed a group of Atronachs and Spellfiends that were respawning far too quickly.
- Lineage of Tooth and Claw: Captive werewolves will no longer have Talk prompts, as they have nothing useful to say.
- The Artisan: The quest item Cinnar’s Notes will no longer duplicate itself in your inventory after using them.
- Dark Knowledge: The Shrine Braziers will no longer have two interaction prompts.
- Enemy of My Enemy: The Courier Uniform will no longer alter your physical features.
- A Ransom for Miranda: The Midnight Union Disguise will no longer alter your physical features.
- You can now scroll through multi-line edit boxes (such as the Message of the Day) with the mouse wheel.
- You can now select and copy text from the game error window.
- Fixed an issue where you could add new lines to edit boxes that were marked as no edit.
- The Crown Store and Collectibles are now disabled when you are dead, swimming, or in werewolf form.
- Fixed an issue where the country list for the PEGI update was not sorting alphabetically.
- Fixed an issue where you would get an UI error when abandoning quests that started with an item.
- Added new background images to pre-game screens, such as the login screen.
- Fixed an issue where the name of quest givers affiliated with quests were rendering above the compass despite “Compass Quest Givers” not being turned on in the settings menu.
- The Crown Store, Collections Menu, and Collections Obtained now have a tutorial that display when you complete the specified action.
- Fixed an issue where you could crash if you received a group notification message while moving from one zone to another.
- Slightly adjusted the alignment of loot screen stealth eye.
- The stealth eye icon now appears when looting while crouched.
- Fixed an issue where items in the Collections menu were not displaying the proper gender in German.
- Fixed minor typos in the Collections pop-up tutorials.
- Adjusted the default field of view in first-person mode to 110 from 100.
- Fixed an issue with the default value for first-person camera bob, and has been set to the proper default (100).
- You will now be denied from entering the guild chat channel if you do not have proper permissions.
- Mail is now disabled while you are dead.
I had realy the hope that sorcs become in 1.6.3 an serious buff but mhhh. Can’t find em.
Deltia do you think Heavy Armor skill line need some DPS push to support heavy armored warrior berserking playstyle or a like Knight in blinky blink blink Armor with his nasty 2h Sword?
At least i found only nerfs to all my Setups/Builds and Class combinations. Makes me a little bit tiered for now.
I think heavy armor should be used for tanking, not DPS. Think about a 100 pounds of gear swinging a sword, they shouldn’t be damage dealer in comparison to medium. In my opinion.
Remember what I said about my potential new Sorc for 1.6, toggling on Overload almost all the time and dealing powered up light/heavy attacks while generating more Uliti?
…STOP…It’s “nerf” hammer time (parachute pants and all that go with it)
Oh and does this mean they have nerfed the only viable grind-spot left in the game?
Spellscar: Fixed a group of Atronachs and Spellfiends that were respawning far too quickly.
Looks like it, sigh.
Stephen Kistenmacher says
Expert Mage change screws stamina sorcs. As a stamina user I dont need spell damage but need lightning spell cost reduction. I run out of mana after using Crit Surg and Lightning Form.
What about the reduce stamina cost passive?
the odd thing is that as a stamina sorc in 1.6 you should no longer be using a staff (destro/resto), as to get the damage you will need to use any of the other weaps, one of them being 2H for the Momentum heal.
Your sorc magicka-based abilities will be reduced to ward, and pets (and possibly bound armour). It’s possible to also go with Surge, but don’t expect any real healing from it since the nerf hammer hit. You will need to wear medium armour to keep up your stamina and if you have your Undaunted levelled up you could also have a piece of heavy and a piece of light.