Here’s a quick video summary breaking down the latest Patch Notes from ESO 7.3.0 Ascending Tide DLC and Update 33. Below that are full patch notes link here.
Welcome to The Elder Scrolls Online v7.3.0 and the beginning of the Legacy of the Bretons year-long adventure! This first DLC features two challenging new PvE dungeons, Coral Aerie and Shipwright’s Regret, where you’re tasked with investigating the remnants of the once-proud All Flags Navy and assaulting a costal hideout of the mysterious Ascendant Order. Completing these dungeons also gives you the opportunity to obtain a number of new item sets, collectibles, achievements, and more.
As part of the free base game update, we are excited to add account wide Achievements so an Achievement you earn on one character will be shown as complete on all of your characters. We’ve also added several new PvP item sets that are earned from Rewards of the Worthy and Imperial City, in addition to a unique PvP Outfit Style. In the Crown Store, you’ll find a new Deconstruction Assistant and Multi-Rider Mounts for you to test during this PTS cycle.
We’ve copied all PC NA characters for this week’s patch, which is approximately 2.31GB in size. We hope you enjoy this latest DLC and can’t wait to read your feedback!
- New Features / Updates / Big Changes
- Ascending Tide DLC Game Pack
- Two New Dungeons
- New Item Sets
- New Collectibles & Dyes
- New Achievements & Titles
- New Motifs
- New Furnishings
- New Home
- Base Game
- Account Wide Achievements
- Motif Crafting Knowledge and Achievement Links
- Undaunted Progression Changes
- New PvP Item Sets
- New Outfit Styles
- Item Set Collection Update
- Deconstruction Assistant
- Multi-Rider Mounts
- New Furnishings
- House Server Optimizations
- High Isle Prologue Quest – Ascending Doubt
- Template Information
- Fixes & Improvements
Ascending Tide DLCTwo New Dungeons
- Coral Aerie: On an oft overlooked little islet among the Summerset Isles, big trouble is brewing. Help the cagey Captain Kaleen lead a daring rescue of one of her former crew from the dissidents of the Ascendant Order and recover what they stole.
- Shipwright’s Regret: Join Captain Za’ji’s quest to perfect the Perfect Pounce using the secrets of the finest shipbuilders in Tamriel—provided they can still be found in the rolling fog, thick overgrowth, and haunted remnants of the Shipwright’s Regret.
- Coral Aerie and Shipwright’s Regret are 4-player dungeons which can be reached via Summerset and Rivenspire respectively.
- Coral Aerie’s entrance is in northern Summerset, north of the Veyond Wyte Wayshrine.
- Shipwright’s Regret’s entrance is located in eastern Rivenspire, east of Fell’s Run.
- Both dungeons include a Normal version in addition to a challenging Veteran version. Each dungeon also features challenging Hard Modes for each of their three boss encounters.
- There are unique item sets including two new Undaunted Monster Mask sets, only available within the Dungeons.
- Achievement awards are available for completing the dungeons, including:
- Body and Face Markings
- Two unique mementos
- Several Titles
- Housing items
New Item Sets
- Coral Aerie
- Maligalig’s Maelstrom – Light
- 2 – Adds 1096 Maximum Magicka
- 3 – Adds 4% Healing Done
- 4 – Adds 129 Weapon and Spell Damage
- 5 – On overhealing yourself or a group member with a Direct Heal, apply Maligalig’s Maelstrom to the target for 6 seconds that deals Shock Damage to enemies within 7 meters. This damage is based on 33% of the overhealed amount, up to 3300. This effect can occur once every 10 seconds.
- Gryphon’s Reprisal – Medium
- 2 – Adds 657 Critical Chance
- 3 – Adds 1487 Offensive Penetration
- 4 – Adds 657 Critical Chance
- 5 – When you deal Critical Damage, you or an ally can activate Gryphon’s Reprisal on the enemy for 8 seconds, causing a small gryphon to fly by and deal Bleed Damage over 10 seconds to enemies within 5 meters. This synergy can be applied once every 20 seconds and scales off the higher of your Weapon or Spell Damage.
- Glacial Guardian – Heavy
- 2 – Adds 1487 Armor
- 3 – Adds 1096 Maximum Stamina
- 4 – Adds 129 Health Recovery
- 5 – After successfully blocking from an enemy within 8 meters, tether to them for 8 seconds. While tethered, you deal Frost Damage every second to enemies touching the tether and cause them to have a 200% increased Status Effect Chance. The tether breaks if the target moves more than 12 meters away, can be applied once every 12 seconds, and the damage scales off your Max Health.
- Kargaeda – Monster Mask
- 1 – Adds 731 Maximum Magicka
- 1 – Adds 731 Maximum Stamina
- 2 – On dealing damage with a Heavy Attack, create a whirlwind that slowly moves forward for 8 seconds, growing by 3 meters every 3 seconds. Enemies within the whirlwind takes Shock Damage and Physical Damage every second. Allies within the whirlwind reduce their Magicka and Stamina costs by 10%. This effect can occur once every 20 seconds and the damage scales off the higher of your Weapon and Spell Damage.
- Shipwright’s Regret
- Storm-Cursed’s Revenge – Light
- 2 – Adds 1096 Maximum Magicka
- 3 – Adds 129 Weapon and Spell Damage
- 4 – Adds 1487 Offensive Penetration
- 5 – When you deal Shock Damage, you have a 15% chance to deal Shock Damage to the enemy and up to two other enemies within 5 meters. This effect scales off the higher of your Weapon or Spell Damage.
- Spriggan’s Vigor – Medium
- 2 – Adds 657 Critical Chance
- 3 – Adds 1096 Maximum Stamina
- 4 – Adds 129 Weapon and Spell Damage
- 5 – When you deal Critical Damage you gain a stack of Wild Growth for 5 seconds and restore 100 Stamina, 10 stacks max. Each stack of Wild Growth increases your Maximum Stamina by 222. This effect can occur once every 0.5 seconds.
- Turning Tide – Heavy
- 2 – Adds 1206 Maximum Health
- 3 – Adds 1096 Maximum Stamina
- 4 – Adds 1206 Maximum Health
- 5 – After successfully blocking, you gain Flowing Water for 10 seconds, causing your next Bash attack to deal Magic Damage to up to 6 enemies in a 10 meter line, and apply Major Vulnerability for 10 seconds, increasing their damage taken by 10%. This effect can occur once every 15 seconds and scales off your Max Health.
- Nazaray – Monster Mask
- 1 – Adds 1206 Maximum Health
- 2 – When you use an Ultimate ability, the closest 6 enemies within 12 meters have all Damage Over Time, Major Debuffs, and Minor Debuffs applied to them extended by 1 second per 25 Ultimate spent. This effect will not apply to Damage Beams or Damage Tethers. This effect can occur once every 20 seconds per target.
New Collectibles & Dyes
- The Guardian’s Frozen Shard Memento can be obtained by completing the Coral Aerie dungeon on Veteran difficulty.
- The Maormer Ocean Pearl Memento can be obtained by completing the Seafaring Sleuth achievement, which requires certain activities in both Coral Aerie and Shipwright’s Regret.
- The Abyssal Embrace Face Markings can be obtained by stepping foot in either of the Coral Aerie or Shipwright’s Regret dungeons.
- The Abyssal Embrace Body Markings can be obtained by completing Shipwright’s Regret on Veteran difficulty.
- The Drowned Cobalt dye can be obtained by completing both Shipwright’s Regret and Coral Aerie on Veteran difficulty.
New Achievements and Titles
This update introduces over 40 new achievements and 6 new titles!
- The “Gryphon Handler” title can be obtained by completing the Superior Pedigree achievement, which requires beating Coral Aerie on Hard Mode.
- The “Tide Turner” title can be obtained by completing the Shove Off achievement, which requires completing Shipwright’s Regret on Hard Mode.
- The “Coral Caretaker” title can be obtained by completing the Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy achievement, which requires beating Coral Aerie within 25 minutes, on Hard Mode, without a group member death.
- The “Privateer” title can be obtained by completing the Zero Regrets achievement, which requires beating Shipwright’s Regret within 25 minutes, on Hard Mode, without a group member death.
- The “Aerie Ascender” title can be obtained by completing the Tentacless Triumph achievement, which requires completing Coral Aerie on Hard Mode without the benefits of any covenants.
- The “Shipwright” title can be obtained by completing the Sans Spirit Support achievement, which requires completing Shipwright’s Regret on Hard Mode without gaining the benefits of pacifying tormented spirits.
Two new Motifs are currently available for testing on the PTS and will be obtainable sometime after Update 33 launches.
- The Annihilarch’s Chosen motif will be made available in a coming update, and on PTS. Chapters in this style can be obtained by completing Oblivion Portals. Its style item, Blaze-Veined Prisms, can also be obtained this way.
- The Fargrave Guardian motif will be made available in a coming update, and on PTS. Chapters in this style can be occasionally obtained by completing Fargrave World Boss daily quests. Its style item, Indigo Lucents, can also be obtained this way.
New Bust and Trophy furnishings have been added to commemorate victory in Coral Aerie and Shipwright’s Regret. In addition, completing these dungeons on any difficulty unlocks purchase of two new achievement furnishings from Undaunted Quartermasters – a gryphon nest and eerie hanging lantern, respectively.
A remarkable new home with an undersea courtyard, Seaveil Spire, is available for testing!
- Early in the First Era, a pious tribe of Nedes followed the Tower’s guidance to an undersea anomaly, where they built a submerged sanctuary. Millennia later, the edifice and anomaly remain, providing a secure and wondrous escape from the surface world.
- Seaveil spire can be entered via the docks in Betnikh or acquired directly via the Crown Store. Enjoy!
Account Wide Achievements
Beginning with this update, most of your Achievements will be tracked on an account-wide level! This means that an Achievement you earn on one character will be shown as complete on all of your characters.
- You’ll be able to purchase items and Antiquity Leads that require Achievement completion, so long as at least one character has completed that Achievement.
- Titles are now account-wide, meaning any titles you’ve earned on one character, you’ll be able to use on all characters.
- You will need to log in on each of your characters to register their Achievements and Titles (and if you delete a character before logging in as them, their achievement data will be lost!)
- Note that, while Achievements may be account-wide, some things that are commonly tracked via Achievements are still tracked on an individual character basis. That includes:
- Enchanting Rune knowledge Achievements (and the knowledge of Runes in general)
- Motif Crafting knowledge
- Lorebooks read, including in Eidetic Memory and Shalidor’s Library
- Skyshards obtained by a character
- Public Dungeon Group Event achievements
- Dragonguard Sanctum daily achievements
Motif Crafting Knowledge and Achievement Links
To aid you in tracking which Motifs your current character knows, we’ve added links from Motif Achievements to their Lorebook entries so you can jump from the Achievement (which is now account-wide) to the Lorebooks (which are still tracked on a character-by-character basis).
Undaunted Progression Changes
As part of Account-Wide Achievements, we’ve rebalanced how the Undaunted skill line advances. You’ll now obtain Undaunted reputation when completing the quests found in instanced dungeons, and increased the amount of reputation you gain for completing Undaunted dailies. We have also removed Undaunted guild progression from Undaunted achievements.
New PvP Item Sets
- Rewards for the Worthy
- Rallying Cry (Light)
- 2 – Adds 657 Critical Chance
- 3 – Adds 1096 Maximum Magicka
- 4 – Adds 657 Critical Chance
- 5 – While Battle Spirit is active, critically healing yourself or an ally causes you and up to 11 other group members within 12 meters to gain 300 Weapon and Spell Damage, and 1650 Critical Resistance for 20 seconds. Each group member affected reduces the Weapon and Spell Damage by 15 and the Critical Resistance by 83. This effect can occur once every 15 seconds.
- Hew and Sunder (Medium)
- 2 – Adds 1096 Maximum Stamina
- 3 – Adds 1096 Maximum Stamina
- 4 – Adds 129 Weapon and Spell Damage
- 5 – When you deal damage with a Heavy Attack, gain 1236 Offensive Penetration for each enemy within 8 meters of your target for 10 seconds. This effect can occur once every 7 seconds.
- Enervating Aura (Heavy)
- 2 – Adds 4% Healing Taken
- 3 – Adds 1206 Maximum Health
- 4 – Adds 1487 Armor
- 5 – When you deal Direct Damage, you have a 10% chance to create an area under the target that detonates after 1 second, applying Enervating Aura for 10 seconds. Enervating Aura lowers the Health Recovery, Magicka Recovery, and Stamina Recovery of enemy Players by 129 per player hit. This effect can occur once every 15 seconds.
- Imperial City
- 1 – Adds 1487 Armor
- 2 – On dealing Frost Damage, create an area under the target for 6 seconds that applies Chilling Bite every second. Chilling Bite deals Frost Damage and applies a stacking 25% snare for 4 seconds. At 4 stacks, the enemy is immobilized and gains Major Brittle for 4 seconds, causing the target to take 20% increased Critical Damage. This effect can occur once every 15 seconds and scales off the higher of your Weapon or Spell Damage.
- Lady Malydga
- 1 – Adds 1487 Offensive Penetration
- 2 – When you deal Direct Damage to a target within 12 meters, create an area that after 1 second, quickly moves forward and then returns, dealing Shock Damage and applying Minor Enervation for 5 seconds, causing the target to deal 10% less Critical Damage. This effect can occur once every 15 seconds and scales off the higher of your Weapon or Spell Damage.
- Baron Thirsk
- 1 – Adds 129 Stamina Recovery
- 1 – Adds 129 Magicka Recovery
- 2 – On dealing area Direct Damage, mark a target for 6 seconds. Every 2 seconds after, an Explosive Scamp is spawned nearby and detonates after 1 second, dealing Magic Damage to up to 6 enemies within 4 meters and applying Minor Timidity for 10 seconds, draining 1 Ultimate every 1.5 seconds. Each Explosive Scamp spawned deals 100% increased damage. This effect can occur once every 25 seconds and scales off the higher of your Weapon or Spell Damage.
New Outfit Styles
The Dragonguard Berserker Armor outfit style can now be obtained from Imperial City Vaults. This unique armor visual gives those dedicated to PvP a new look that is solely acquired through PvP activity.
- Your chance of obtaining one works similarly to that of obtaining a Nibenese Court Wizard style page – having a higher Tel Var Stone multiplier increases your chances of obtaining one of these new Style Pages.
- To retain the prestige of this appearance, the items attained for building this outfit cannot be traded.
Item Set Collection Update
With this Update, when you unlock any individual piece of a Perfected Item Set, you will now also automatically unlock the same piece of its Non-Perfected counterpart.
A new Assistant, Giladil the Ragpicker, is available through the Crown Store that allows you to deconstruct weapons, armor, jewelry, and glyphs for materials while out adventuring!
- Players in your group and visitors (with proper permissions) in homes have access to Giladil’s services.
- Giladil can only be summoned while out adventuring in non-PvP areas, as well as placed in homes.
- Using Giladil’s services award Inspiration the same way deconstructing items at a crafting station does.
- This Assistant does not allow for crafting or refining, and will not allow you to access deconstruction for crafting skills you do not have.
- Crafting abilities that affect deconstruction still apply when using this Assistant.
Two Multi-Rider Mounts are available on the PTS for testing: the Duo-Dynamo Dwarven Spider (which was previously seen on the PTS back in 2020) and the Grand Pillion Draft Horse. Both mounts can be found under the Mounts Category in the Crown Store and have their own dedicated “Multi-Rider Mounts” sub-category
- Multi-Rider Mounts can hold a maximum of two player characters (one driver, one passenger) or between you and a Companion.
- The owner of the Multi-Rider Mount is always the driver, and passenger seats can only be interacted with by an active group member.
- When the driver is mounted, a group member can bring up the radial menu by pressing the “Interact With Player Button” (‘F’ by default on keyboard, holding the menu button on the controller) when looking at the mounted player. Then, simply select the “Ride Mount” option.
- When the driver dismounts, the passenger will be dismounted as well. Alternatively, the passenger can individually dismount if desired without affecting the driver.
Update 33 introduces a variety of new furnishings, including updates to the Mastercraft Mediator and his assistant:
- Rolis Hlaalu, the Mastercraft Mediator, has 7 new furnishing plans available for purchase:
- Diagram: Deadlands Throne
- Pattern: Deadlands Tapestry, Mehrunes Dagon
- Blueprint: Alinor Easel, Carved
- Praxis: Deadlands Puzzle Cube
- Design: Blackwood Provisioning Station
- Formula: Fargrave Water Globules, Static
- Sketch: Fargrave Window, Grand Medallion
- As usual, Rolis has also handed the prior set of furnishing plans over to his assistant, Faustina Curio. These can now be purchased at the reduced price of 100 writ vouchers:
- Diagram: Deadlands Torture Rack
- Pattern: Leyawiin Tapestry, Hunting Party
- Blueprint: Leyawiin Divider, Carved Starfish
- Praxis: Leyawiin Hearth, Carved Wood
- Design: Leyawiin Bowl, Squid Special
- Formula: Blackwood Cottage Painting, Unframed
- Sketch: Leyawiin Lightpost, Ornate
- Faustina has bundled up the previous set of furnishing plans into a new Markarth Furnishing Folio, which can be purchased for 700 writ vouchers and contains the following plans:
- Diagram: Dwarven Minecart, Ornate
- Pattern: Solitude Yarn Rack, Colorful
- Blueprint: Solitude Well, Noble
- Praxis: Solitude Hearth, Rounded Tall
- Formula: Vampiric Cauldron, Distilled Coagulant
- Design: Provisioning Station, Solitude Grill
- Sketch: Dwarven Crystal Sconce, Mirror
- Additionally, Faustina now sells new Blackwood Journeyman and Master Furnisher’s Documents, which each contain random Leyawiin recipes found in Western Skyrim, similar to prior Furnisher’s Documents.
- A new set of 20 Fargrave Structural Furnishing Recipes can be found in Deadlands Reward Coffers, which can be obtained by completing World Boss or Delve Boss daily quests in Fargrave. These include a variety of walls and platforms, as well as a rope bridge, window, door with a matching doorframe, and more!
- Please note this requires the Deadlands DLC or ESO+ to access.
House Server Optimizations
This update includes some optimizations for when many people are in their own versions of the same home at the same time. These changes take place behind the scenes and should not impact your experience in your home at all. Zone chat, furnishing placement, combat, and all other aspects of housing should continue to work as before (the servers will just be a bit happier about it!)
To be safe, we’d like you to keep an eye out for any new or unusual behaviors in housing during this PTS cycle, particularly when many copies of a home are active at once. For this reason, we are starting this PTS with only the new Seaveil Spire home for sale, to help concentrate testing into a single home with as many personal copies active as possible. In a future PTS patch, we will re-enable purchase of other homes to allow for wider testing.
Known Issue: The visual behavior for levers and traps in the Elinhir Private Arena home are currently inconsistent. They may sometimes fail to animate or appear, and may animate or appear unexpectedly.
High Isle Prologue Quest – Ascending Doubt
Help Jakarn the rogue and his patron, the wily Lady Arabelle Davaux, as they work to recover stolen, magical medallions. Join them on an adventure full of secrets, political intrigue, and betrayal.
- To begin the High Isle Prologue Quest for testing, you’ll need to first obtain the free Crown Store Quest Item, a Letter from Lady Arabelle.
- Venture to Eldenroot, Wayrest, or the gates of Mournhold (depending on your Alliance) and find Jakarn waiting by a cart, looking for someone to help him with his recovery mission.
- Talk to Jakarn to begin the first of two quests: Ascending Doubt.
- Completing the Prologue Quest will have you earn the new Glimmer Dust emote.
For this PTS cycle, we’re offering two templates for you to utilize: One max-level 3600CP template with all the new item sets placed directly in your inventory and a level 25 template with all the usual items from previous templates. Both templates will place you just outside Shipwright’s Regret, in eastern Rivenspire.
- Increased the threshold for summoning Companions in some instanced gameplay spaces from 2 up to a maximum limit of 4 total player characters and Companions.
- Companion quests can now be accepted from locations where the Companion cannot be summoned.
- Moved Nolus Cedus’s path so he doesn’t interfere with players trying to turn in their crafting dailies. You can keep stabbing him though. As is tradition.
- Zenithar’s Hollow: The door to the adytum will now display a proper error message if you aren’t on the quest and haven’t done it yet.
Asylum Sanctorum Trial
- Your character will no longer die inexplicably to environmental damage with no discernable source during the fight against Saint Olms.
- Fixed an issue which caused the Assembly General in the Halls of Fabrication Trial to not drop weapons when killed on Veteran difficulty.
- Added punctuation to several Deadlands achievements.
- Fixed an issue that would cause some achievements related to Havocrel Executioners to not fire correctly.
- Fixed an issue where two Furnishing items shared the name, “Book Stack, Levitating.” The new one released with the Deadlands DLC is now named “Fargrave Book Stack, Levitating.”
- Adjusted the default orientation of the “Deadlands Window, Stormglass” so the light projection faces towards you by default. This change doesn’t impact any previous placements of this furnishing, but will make it a little more intuitive to place going forward.
- The Celestial Palanquin: Fixed an issue where Madam Whim’s pip would not appear during this quest.
- All Dragonguard zone story quests now have the proper zone story icon in your quest journal.
- Improved item set curation for Sentinel Aksalaz rewards in the Black Drake Villa dungeon.
- The tutorial window for using the Antiquarian’s Eye is now expanded slightly and requires you to acknowledge the window by closing it.
- Fixed a typo in the Daedric Enchanting Apparatus’ lore entry text.
- Fixed an issue where some Excavations could take an exceptionally long time to load in.
- Llandras Gathram is no longer standing and walking around in front of the Vivec City turn-in boxes for crafting dailies. You’re welcome.
- Lighting within the Smuggler Caves in the Gold Coast should no longer drastically change.
- Fixed an issue where the Motifs associated with Red Petal Bastion and Dread Cellar could drop twice in some circumstances.
- Depths of Malatar
- If you exit the dungeon after using the Dictates of the Lady of the Night and defeating the Symphony of Blades, your character will no longer take increased damage until death.
- Player abilities that scale with your offensive stats, such as Weapon Damage and Max Stamina, will now dynamically scale with the highest of your offensive stats.
- As a heads up, the following abilities have not received adjustments to their scaling:
- Backlash and its morph’s final damage
- Conjured Ward and morphs
- Annulment and morphs
- Player abilities that grant Major Savagery, Prophecy, Brutality, or Sorcery now grant both of their respective versions (such as Savagery and Prophecy) in efforts to reinforce the accessibility of hybrid stat gaining.
- Note that player passives and consumables that grant the Minor versions of these have not been adjusted at this time, in order to preserve class unique power contribution for coordinated groups.
- Fixed an issue where joining or leaving a group could re-summon an unsummoned pet.
- Ardent Flame
- Fiery Breath
- Engulfing Flames (morph): This morph’s bonus damage taken now scales with a mixture of your Weapon and Spell Damage, rather than Spell Damage and Max Magicka. The cap is reached when your combined Weapon and Spell Damage is over 9000!
- Searing Strike
- Burning Embers (morph):
- This ability now heals for up to 100% of the damage done any time it deals damage, rather than up to 75% of the total damage done when the effect ends.
- Fixed an issue where this morph’s heal could critically strike, despite being based off of damage that could already critically strike.
- Draconic Power
- Spiked Armor: The returned damage from this ability and its morphs’ now scales off a mixture of your Physical and Spell Resistance, rather than Spell Damage and Max Magicka, to help reinforce its identity of a tank ability.
- Volatile Armor (morph): The Area of Effect damage from this ability now scales off your Physical and Spell Resistance as well, rather than Spell Damage and Max Magicka.
- Bone Tyrant
- Bone Goliath
- Pummeling Goliath (morph): Fixed an issue where this Ultimate’s Bash override did not receive the cost and cooldown adjustments that the core mechanic Bash got. It can now also proc enchantments or poisons.
- Grave Lord
- Shocking Siphon
- Mystic Siphon (morph): Fixed an issue where this morph’s Magicka restore was lower than the tooltip stated.
- Skeletal Mage
- Skeletal Archer (morph): Fixed an issue where this morph’s damage was not increasing per attack as stated.
- Living Death
- Restoring Tether (morph):
- Fixed an issue where this ability and its morphs’ ally healing were considered single target instead of Area of Effect in some cases.
- The heal from all of these abilities and their tooltips will now properly be tracked as Area of Effect.
- Assassin’s Blade
- Killer’s Blade (morph): Fixed an issue where this ability could fail to be recognized as a class or execute ability in some rare cases.
- Grim Focus: Fixed an issue where the override for this ability and the morph, Assassin Will, was 30 meters instead of the standard 28.
- Teleport Strike: Fixed an issue where this ability and its morphs’ tooltips stated it had an instant cast time, rather than its true 400ms cast time had since time immemorial.
- Path of Darkness: Made some back-end improvements to this ability and its morphs to improve performance.
- Refreshing Path (morph): This ability now heals 1 less time over its duration as a result of the back-end adjustments mentioned above, but its total healing has been increased to ensure no changes in overall power have been made.
- Strife: Increased the damage of this ability and the Funnel Health morph by 5.6%.
- Dark Magic
- Crystal Shard
- Crystal Weapon (morph): This ability will now replace Imbue Weapon or its morphs after casting, to help reduce the amount of burst potential it can offer with singular moments.
- Daedric Mines: Fixed an issue where this ability and its morphs’ scaling coefficients did not match the expected ration of 1 Weapon or Spell Damage to 10.5 Magicka or Stamina. This will result in it scaling less effectively with Weapon or Spell Damage but more effectively with Max Magicka or Stamina.
- Shattering Prison (morph): Fixed an issue where this ability’s damage was not considered an Area of Effect in many cases.
- Daedric Summoning
- Bound Armor
- Bound Armaments (morph): Fixed an issue where this ability was not being considered Direct Damage in some cases.
- Storm Calling
- Lightning Form: This ability and its morphs now last 20 seconds at base, up from 15, to properly match the standard duration of Armor buff abilities.
- Boundless Storm (morph):
- This morph now ranks up to 30 seconds at rank up, up from 23.
- This morph no longer ranks up in 1.1% damage done per rank.
- Hurricane (morph):
- The Area of Effect from this morph now grows at 8 and 15 seconds, rather than 6 and 11.
- Reduced the damage bonus per tick to 8%, down from 10%. The total damage bonus will reach 160% at max stacks, up from 150%, resulting in slightly more damage.
- Aedric Spear
- Burning Light: This passive now only deals Magic Damage, rather than Magic or Physical Damage, but continues to scale off your highest stats.
- Focused Charge
- Explosive Charge (morph): Fixed an issue where the damage from this ability could not be dodged, similar to Stampede or Brutal Pounce.
- Piercing Javelin: This ability and its morphs now bypass block to live up to their name.
- Puncturing Strikes
- Biting Jabs (morph): This morph now grants Major Brutality and Sorcery for 10 seconds after casting, rather than Major Savagery for 8, as Sun Fire already grants Major Savagery and Prophecy now.
- Spear Shards:
- Increased the range of this ability and its morphs to 28 meters, up from 25 meters.
- Reduced the radius of these abilities to 6 meters, down from 8 meters, to match their visual effects and proper power budget.
- Sun Shield
- Radiant Ward (morph): Increased the shield scaling per enemy hit to 20% at rank 4, up from 9%.
- Dawn’s Wrath
- Living Dark (morph): Reduced the snare potency of this morph to 40%, down from 60%
- Unstable Core (morph): Fixed an issue where this ability had a 100ms cooldown per effect, rather than the listed 1 second, which created situations where it was dealing significantly more damage than intended.
- Restoring Light
- Sacred Ground: Fixed an issue where this passive was not working with Ritual of Retribution.
- Animal Companions
- Deep Fissure (morph): Increased the duration of Major Breach granted from this morph to 10 seconds, up from 6 seconds.
- Growing Swarm (morph):
- This morph now limits the number of active targets you can have it on to 1.
- Increased the damage of the Area of Effect portion of the ability by 50% to make up for the new limit.
- Green Balance
- Fungal Growth: Increased the healing of this ability and its morphs by 12.5% to meet the Area of Effect burst heal standards. Its cost remains the same since is covers significantly less area than the others.
- Healing Seed:
- Made some back-end improvements to this ability and its morphs to improve performance.
- Fixed an issue where the synergy granted from this ability and its morphs, Harvest, was not playing visual or sound effects.
- Corrupting Pollen (morph): This ability now prioritizes lowest health enemies with Major Defile. Ragweed season is coming.
- Lotus Flower:
- Reduced the cost of this ability and its morphs to 1350, down from 2970.
- The base ability now grants Major Prophecy and Savagery while active.
- Green Lotus (morph): This morph now increases the number of targets healed to 2, up from 1. It also increases the healing of the Light Attack portion to 1500, up from 1320, and the Heavy Attack portion to 4500, up from 3960, at rank 4.
- Lotus Blossom (morph): This morph now increases the duration of the effects to 60 seconds at rank 4, up from 20.
- Nature’s Grasp: Reduced the healing from this ability and the Nature’s Embrace morph by 10%.
- Bursting Vines (morph): Reduced the healing from this morph by 25% to ensure it is not stronger than other burst heal abilities, such as Rushed Ceremony.
- Winter’s Embrace
- Crystallized Shield
- Shimmering Shield (morph): Fixed an issue where Major Heroism would not refresh from this ability after activating once.
- Ice Armor
- Ice Fortress (morph): Increased the duration of this morph to 25 seconds, up from 24, for slightly easier alignment of ability timers.
- Two Handed
- Critical Charge
- Critical Rush (morph):
- This ability now ranks up in cost reduction instead of 1.1% damage done per rank.
- Reduced the base cost to 3510, down from 3780.
- Momentum: This ability and its morphs now also grant Major Sorcery for their duration.
- Forward Momentum (morph):
- Increased the final cost of this ability to 3240, up from 2700.
- Increased the duration of Major and Minor buffs provided from this ability to 40 seconds, up from 20.
- Reverse Slice: Increased the cost of this ability and its morphs to 2430, up from 2160.
- Executioner (morph): This morph no longer ranks up in 1.1% damage done per rank and instead reduces the cost per rank.
- Reverse Slash (morph): This morph’s splash damage now ranks up to 100% of the original hit, up from 78% at rank 4.
- One Hand and Shield
- Power Bash: The damage from this ability and its morphs’ are now considered Bash damage and interrupts casting targets. This means the damage will increase with bonuses to Bash, as well as triggering events that require you to deal Bash damage. It will not, however, inherit cost reduction bonuses to Bash.
- Power Slam (morph): The bonus from this ability, Resentment, no longer stacks up to 10 times. It now simply increases the damage of your next Power Slam by 33%.
- Developer Comment:Spoiler
- Shield Charge
- Shielded Assault (morph): Increased the shield granted from this morph to 25% of your Max Health, up from 15%.
- Invasion (morph): Reduced the base cost of this morph to 3510, down from 3780.
- Dual Wield
- Flying Dagger: This ability and its morphs now also grant Major Sorcery.
- Flying Blade (morph):
- The base version of this skill now also grants Major Brutality and Sorcery after casting, rather than only after using the teleport version.
- Increased the damage of the teleport version by 50% to better reward its use.
- Arrow Spray
- Bombard (morph):
- This morph no longer also snares targets.
- This morph now reduces its cost as the ability ranks up, rather than increasing the duration of the negative effects on it. The immobilize remains to be 4 seconds as it was at rank 4.
- Poison Arrow
- Venom Arrow (morph): This morph now grants Major Brutality and Sorcery for 10 seconds after casting.
- Restoration Staff
- Blessing of Protection:
- This ability and its morphs now follow the Area of Effect burst heal standards, and as such, have increased the cost to 4860, up from 3510.
- Increased the healing done from Blessing of Protection and Combat Prayer by approximately 36% and the duration of their effects to 10 seconds, up from 8.
- Blessing of Restoration (morph):
- Increased the healing done from this morph by 12.5%.
- Increased the duration of the buffs provided to 20 seconds, up from 16.
- Steadfast Ward
- Ward Ally (morph): This morph now reduces in cost as the ability ranks up, rather than increasing in shield size by 1.1% per rank.
- Soul Magic
- Soul Trap: This ability and its morphs now only deal Magic Damage, but its damage will still scale dynamically.
- Vampiric Drain: Increased the damage done from this ability and its morphs by 50% per tick.
- Piercing Howl
- Howl of Agony (morph): Fixed an issue where this ability’s bonus damage to the target facing you could fail to work in many situations.
- Pounce: Fixed an issue where this ability and its morphs’ override abilities, Carnage, could be dodged and blocked despite being Damage over Time.
- Psijic Order
- Imbue Weapon: This ability and its morphs now all cost 2700, rather than 2715 for their Stamina versions and 3122 for its Magicka morph.
- Magicka Detonation
- Proximity Detonation (morph): Fixed an issue where this morph was not properly scaling with your Max Stamina if it was higher than your Max Magicka.
- Sustained by Suffering: Fixed an issue where this passive was activating off some effects it shouldn’t have.
- Fixed numerous issues where sets that weren’t based on damage or healing were not properly labeled as such, creating confusion where some sets that applied buffs or crowd control could still trigger other sets when the core rule is that procs should not trigger other procs.
Ability Altering Weapons
- Piercing Spray: Fixed an issue where this set could fail to grant its bonus to bow attacks.
- Pelinal’s Wrath: Fixed an issue where the final tick of damage from this set could return as 0.
Dungeon & Arena Sets
- Curse of Doylemish: Fixed an issue where this set could proc on the same attack that triggered a stun in some cases, bypassing the intended counterplay of the set.
- Fire Blossom: Fixed an issue where this set could fail to deal damage in many cases.
- Noble Duelist’s Silks: This set now adds 2681 Weapon and Spell Damage to your Light and Heavy Attacks, rather than adding 1811 damage to these attacks.
- Undaunted Infiltrator and Unweaver: These sets now add 2014 Weapon and Spell Damage to your Light and Heavy Attacks, rather adding 1685 damage to these attacks.
- Glorgloch the Destroyer: Fixed an issue where this set could fail to remove its stacks in some cases.
- Molag Kena: Fixed an issue where this set could activate in situations it shouldn’t have.
- Pearls of Ehlnofey: Fixed an issue where this set could proc from no-cost abilities, as well as some abilities while out of combat.
- Queen’s Elegance: This set now grants Empower for 3 seconds after completing a fully-charged Heavy Attack, rather than adding 2610 damage to your next direct damage attack.
- Dark Convergence:
- Fixed an issue where this set was failing to apply any of its damage bonuses for extra targets inside.
- Fixed an issue where this set’s damage could end much higher than intended in some cases.
- Fixed an issue where this set could apply to Justice-neutral enemies when prevention of attacking innocents was enabled.
- Hrothgar’s Chill: Fixed an issue where this set was not triggering off many abilities that it should have, such as Daedric Mines or Trap Beast.
- Wrath of the Imperium: Fixed an issue where this set was not applying its bonus to many attacks it should have.
- Vestment of Olorime: Fixed an issue where this set did not proc off ability sourced tethers, unlike other item sets that share similar proc conditions.
- Fixed a rare issue where your Weapons would not be equipped when loading a build.
- Fixed an issue where you could not save or load builds with a disguise equipped.
- Fixed an issue where the total Champion Points spent displayed in the Gamepad UI was only including 2 out of the 3 disciplines.
- Fixed an issue where the Aurbical Symbols marking would create visual artifacts in combination with certain armors or outfits.
- Fixed an issue where Death Born body markings would create visual artifacts in combination with certain costumes and adornments.
- Removed the ability to apply dyes to channels that aren’t actually present on the Black Drake Clanwrap Outfit.
- Fixed an issue where sound effects would sometimes not play when trudging through mud.
- Bankers no longer refuse to interact with criminals.
- The Master Writ vendor will no longer be visible on the map if your character does not meet the requirements.
- Fixed an issue where Ebonsteel, Second Legion, Opal, and Banner Bearer staves and shields pages could not be searched for on Guild Stores.
- Fixed an issue where Battering Rams could be sold to vendors for zero gold. Now, they cannot be sold to vendors at all, matching the behavior of other Siege Weapons.
- Fixed an issue where you would sometimes see the wrong model when previewing items in the Crown Store.
- Blackheart Haven
- Frost Trident’s animation now corresponds better to the cast time of the ability.
- Frost Trident’s damage will now be applied more consistently to player characters affected by it and will also now be affected by player mitigation.
- Adjusted Ice Bolt to target player characters more easily and be easier for you to react to.
- Increased the damage of Ice Bolt.
- Spindleclutch I
- The Power Bash ability now has the correct icon.
- The bleed and snare effects from the Throw Dagger ability now have correct names to more easily identify them.
- Fixed a typo in the Fargrave Guardian Motif’s tooltip text.
- Fixed an issue where Tallatta the Lustrous, of Malabal Tor fame, would sometimes not drop loot correctly.
- Fixed a widespread issue that could cause certain light-emitting furnishings to stop emitting light unexpectedly.
- Sealed a small visual gap between the top shelf of the “Orcish Shelves, Storage” furnishing and its supporting beams.
- Corrected a small visual issue with one of interior ceiling corners in Ossa Accentium.
- Removed a small strip of floating geometry on the left side of the Ossa Accentium first floor interior stairs.
- Fixed an issue that caused some window frames in Ossa Accentium to flicker slightly.
- Removed a small piece of errant geometry in the door frame to the small side chamber in Ossa Accentium’s second floor.
- When toggling off the Aeonstone Formation collectible furnishing while in Potentate’s Retreat, the crystals in the central pool now turn off immediately instead of taking an extra moment to react.
- Made numerous optimizations to the different loading steps required to get you from selecting/launching the game to being in-game, resulting in the whole process being much faster.
- Fixed a rare crash that could randomly occur when vanity pets failed to calculate the path to their owner.
- Fixed an issue where some players received a One-Time Password prompt at login after each game launch.
- The game client no longer creates or uses a user settings folder named Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\ESO_BUILD_BRANCH\ if it is launched in a situation where AppSettings.txt cannot be accessed. Clients launched in such a way would previously crash before login after Update 32 launched.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when a large number of effect particles are present on screen.
- Fixed an issue that caused a screenshot to not save properly if the Windows user name contained extended-ASCII characters.
- Fixed a rare crash that could occur while sneaking.
- Fixed a very rare crash that could occur when you jumped away from a zone at the same moment another player started consuming food.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when the game client window was not focused by the OS.
- Fixed an issue that could cause inconsistent visibility for the custom map markers in the compass when using Multithreaded Rendering.
- Fixed an issue that caused the screenshot feature to occasionally not function when Multithreaded Rendering was enabled.
- Fixed many more NPCs, harvest nodes, critters, books, and so on that were clipping, floating, sunken into the terrain, eaten by bears, or otherwise placed oddly. There was even a cat inside of a wall. That’s not where they go…
- Fixed some interaction cameras with NPCs and objects that were pointed at strange angles or not at the target.
- Fixed several point-of-interest icons across the game that looked strangely low resolution; particularly mines, Ayleid ruins, and cemeteries.
- Fixed the interaction timing of a bunch of doors in the base game that teleported you before fully fading to black.
- Fixed more typos, bad punctuation, and grammatical errors across the game.
- Fixed an issue where the Endeavor to slay Barbaric Foes listed ogres as an acceptable target. In fact, slaying ogres progresses Endeavors to kill Giants. Going forward, Endeavors to slay Giants will mention that defeating ogres (and minotaurs) also count towards their progress.
- Celus Arandos’ house door now has an appropriate error message when you try to use it and it cannot be used.
- The First Patient: Fixed the quest assists during this quest so they always bring you to the quest targets properly.
- Lipsand Tarn: Gaston Ashham is no longer able to be killed by the Blade of Woe, as befits his delve boss status.
- Fixed a crash that could occur during a quest in The Mournhold Underground.
- Fort Amol: Fixed an issue where the Barracks Balcony Door was difficult to interact with.
- The Blacksap’s Hold: Fixed numerous issues with the start of this quest. Forinor now only spawns in the center of Cormount rather than at every entrance as well, and there should only be one portal with proper map breadcrumbing. He will, as always, spawn at Elden Root if you have completed the quest “The Heart of the Matter” as well.
- Grimmer Still: Fixed an issue where the Dark Fire Barrier was tough to interact with.
- Frightened Folk: Fixed an issue where there was no pin on your map on the step to Rescue the Hostages.
- The Thin Ones: Fixed an issue where Shaman Chirah’s lines might be silent.
- Fixed an issue with a strangely possessed vase in Stormhaven that was usable, but did nothing upon activation. It has since been fully banished from the material realm and is no longer usable.
- A Business Proposition: You will no longer be directed out of the balcony door when needing to leave the inn.
- Fixed an issue where the item set collections UI wouldn’t reflect an unlock if more than one was unlocked in the same action.
- Added an error message for when you try to travel using a Wayshrine as a ghost.
- Fixed an issue where items on the Impresario wouldn’t appear completely in the purchased state when they were purchased.
- Fixed a UI error that could display when pasting an achievement name in the search field.
- New inventory items will now be still marked as new even after a loading screen.
- Your unread mail count now correctly decrements when unread mail expires.
- Fixed an issue where the New Moon Acolyte item set incorrectly showed an increased core ability cost in the Advanced Stats UI.
- Fixed several issues with Ability Timers not working correctly with some abilities.
- Fixed an issue where returning to the Skill Advisor after purchasing a skill wouldn’t scroll to the new skill.
- Added a Controls menu to the Gamepad UI settings where you can rebind various settings with a controller.
- Fixed an issue where the following collections of books in Eidetic Memory did not have icons when viewed in Gamepad mode:
- Anequina Archives
- Books of Blackwood
- Dispatches from the Deadlands
- Pellitine Postings
- Solitude Soliloquies
- Systres Tomes and Scrolls
- The Impresario’s Catalogue
- The Reach Reader
- Western Skyrim Register
Help & Tutorials
- Fixed an issue where clicking a Help link that was shared from the Help menu by another player would not display the appropriate Help tutorial.
- Updated the pop-up Deconstruction Tutorials, to put spaces before keybinds.
- Updated some help descriptions which had incorrect keybind information for players using the gamepad interface on a PC with keyboard.
- Updated the tutorial shown when accessing the emote menu for the first time using a controller.
- Fixed an issue where the Zone Guide wouldn’t show progress in the Imperial City questline if you changed your alliance partway through.