The Baldur’s Gate 3 Update 9 is the current game’s version and has been for a while, but players often ask, when will be the next Baldur’s Gate 3 Patch?
By Pixel | Updated for Patch 9 on June 4th, 2023
The game has been at early access since October 6th, 2020, and the latest Baldur’s Gate 3 Update 9 on PC and Mac was released in December 2022. Presumably, Larian Studios won’t release any new Baldur’s Gate 3 Patches before the game’s full release.
The Next Baldur’s Gate 3 Patch and Update 9
The next Baldur’s Gate 3 Patch will arrive with the final game version on August 31st, 2023. The Latest Update 9 increased the level cap to Level 5, adding many great spells and even a new class. However, there is much more coming in the full BG3 version and only a few weeks left before players will be able to enjoy this beautiful and fascinating world without restrictions. As a result, we don’t expect any major updates for Early Acces.
In December, Studio also informed players that they playtest and work on improving acts 2 and 3 alongside the class and combat improvements. Therefore, it needs small finishing touches but nothing major, meaning the game is almost ready for the full release. Also, developers mentioned that they aim and focus on improving the experience for players who already played through Act 1 in early access. They hope “Act 1 will feel fresh and exciting again”. We don’t know what exactly it means and if they will succeed. Yet, it’s possible that additional content, more NPC characters or side quests during the Act 1 may be included in the game’s full version.
Patch 9 Changes and Overview
In the latest Patch 9, Baldur’s Gate 3 received the following changes:
Version Number: 22.214.171.1244610Holy Knight – Dev Team
- Added the paladin class with the Oath of the Ancients and Oath of Devotion subclasses. Added the hidden Oathbreaker subclass, which triggers if you break your oath.
- Increased the level cap to Level 5.
- Added the Fly spell.
- Revamped the Reactions system.
- Rebalanced combat encounters in late Act 1.
- Added new spells and spell scrolls.
- Added a ping system, usable outside of combat and during your turn in combat.
- Overhauled the tooltips.
- Extended Combat Cams to player and enemy melee Critical Hits, summons, Wild Shapes, and several spells and abilities.
- Added Command spell variants.
- Made Minthara a paladin.
- You can now delete save files by playthrough.
- You can now dismiss summons with a dedicated action.*
- Added a new Level Up button and improved visual cues for levelling.
- Added female human and elf heads to Character Creation.
- Characters who attempt to play an instrument they’re not Proficient with now fail spectacularly.
- Removed non-wizard spell scrolls from NPCs except Revivify, Summon Quasit, True Resurrection, and Speak with Dead.
- Added shop triggers. If you try to pick up items owned by certain traders, they will offer to trade.
- Mage Hand no longer prevents you from summoning Ranger’s Companions and familiars.
- Made quarterstaffs Versatile.*
- You now accrue dirt and blood more slowly, Prone makes you a bit dirtier, and Wet cleans you.
You can head to Steam’s updates log if you wish to see the full list of changes and latest fixes in Baldur’s Gate 3 Update 9.
Looking for more Baldur’s Gate 3?
Thank you for reading the “Baldur’s Gate 3 Update 9: When Will Be The Next Patch?” Article! We provide the latest news and create guides for the BG 3. Additionally, check out our website, watch me play games on Twitch, or visit my YouTube channel!