In Baldur’s Gate 3, Druids possess a unique ability called Wild Shape; in this overview, we’ll focus on the class Owlbear action, which excels at high hit points and survivability.
What is Owlbear Wild Shape in Baldur’s Gate 3?
At Level 2, Druids gain an ability called Wild Shape, allowing players to magically transform into various creatures for combat or exploration, including Owlbear form. Here are the most important features of wild shape in Baldur’s Gate 3:
- While in animal form, you cannot talk or cast spells.
- If your beast form’s Hit Points drop to 0, you revert to your original form, with the same Hit Points you had before transforming into Owlbear Form.
- Your Ability Scores become those of the creature while Wild Shaped, except for Charisma, Intelligence, and Wisdom.
- Concentration on a spell is not broken when entering Wild Shape.
- Your equipped items have no effect until you revert back.
- You keep your Skill and Saving Throw Proficiencies while in Wild Shape.
- To transform you consume charges that can be replenished by Short Rest.
- Activation type depends on the chosen subclass – Bonus Action (Circle of the Moon subclass) and Action (Circle of the Land subclass)
How to Unlock Owlbear Wild Shape in Baldur’s Gate 3?
- Circle of the Moon Subclass at Level 6
Wild Shape: Owlbear
The Owlbear Wild Shape proves valuable primarily in combat and as a group tank, providing distraction and high hit points. As an Owlbear, you have a maximum strength ability score with high hit points pool of 65. In addition to survivability, the owlbear has decent damage. Rapture attack doesn’t deal that much damage but can be a great way to control Battlefield with it, and allow your hardest-hitting damage dealer to deal damage. Your Druid in the meantime, can successfully tank and stun enemies, preventing them from damaging the team.
Additionally, this wild Shape can successfully stun enemies with its Enrage Action, an area status effect, that makes enemies frightful, successfully excluding them from the fight. Thanks to the high Armor Class and decent stats owlbear is the most survival and strongest wild shape. You can also use Owlbear transformation to remove obstacles from your paths during exploration.
Similar to all druid’s wild shapes, the Bear has a special self-healing ability called Lunar Mend that can restore some of your hit points without spending a spell slot.
Wild Shape: Owlbear Action
The table below presents all Owlbear Wild Shape actions skills and attacks with effects, the class can perform:
|Owlbear Skill||Atack Type||Damage Type||Additional Effects|
|Enrage Action||AoE||–||Give in to the Owlbear base instincts to increase temporary your Strength by 2 and possibly make Nerby creatures Fraightful. 3 Turns|
|Rupture Action||Melee||2d8 damage||Rapture the earth creating debris to tear nearby objects and creatures.|
|Lunar Mend||Self||Heling Spell||Regain 1d8 hit points per level of the spell slot|
In Owlbear Wild Shape your character temporarily adopts the creature attributes, except for your Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma scores. The Following Table presents all Wild Shape Owlbear statistics in Baldur’s Gate 3:
|HP and Ability Score||Number|
|Hit Points (HP)||65|
Looking For More About Baldur’s Gate 3?
Thank you for reading Baldur’s Gate 3 Wild Shape: Owlbear Overview Guide. We provide the latest news and create guides for Baldur’s Gate 3. Also, watch me play games on Twitch or visit my YouTube channel!