ESO Magicka Warden PvE Build is for players that are looking to complete solo content with a well-rounded class with great off heals.
This build has been updated for the Update 40 patch of the Elder Scrolls Online.
Why Should You Play ESO Solo Warden Magicka Build for PvE?
ESO Magicka Warden PvE Build build is for players that are looking to complete solo content with a well-rounded class with great healing. This build is a great build for beginner players as it has a lot of buffs and healing built that doesn’t require potions or outside skill lines.
In ESO, the Magicka Warden is perfect for everyone who is looking for a simple-rotation survival class with a complete set of tools for solo PvE gameplay. So if the frost druid with animal companions and following “pros” is what you are looking for, this build is for you!
|Great damage both AoE and single target||Difficult to sustain|
|Amazing passives and buffs||Reliant on pet ultimate for optimal damage|
ESO Solo Warden Magicka Build for PvE Playstyle
Use the following rotation as the starter point. After, apply your buffs and cast the DoT skills on cooldown for the best, highest DPS. In total, the Damage over Time skills (DoTs) do more damage than your main spammable. Thus, they need to be cast less often and are easier to maintain, for example, The Degeneration from Mages Guild or the Barb Trap from Fighters Guild. Maintain DoTs and use your spammable skill as filler until you need to reapply the DoTS.
At certain percentages, replace your spammable with your in-class or weapon execute if you have one in this build. Executes are the skills that deal more damage the lower the health of the opponent becomes. Ideally, these are meant to replace your main spammable skill at anywhere between 35% (Radiant Oppression) all the way to 20% (Mages’ Fury). At a high level, execute skills become so strong that the lower the enemy’s health, the fewer DoTs you maintain because it does so much damage.
Use the healing skill when your health drops below 50% or the shield skill when you anticipate damage. Also, always use the suggested food and potions as they significantly increase your damage, survivability, and resource sustain.
If you run out of resources, do a heavy attack and return to your rotation. Remember that a heavy attack on off-balance enemies will return double the resources. Additionally, if you are a beginner or struggle with sustain, you can flex in the Consuming Trap skill instead of a DoT skill. The Consuming Trap gives you a flood of both resources when a target dies.
Front Bar (Ice Staff)
Front Bar Weapon Style Choices:
- Ice Staff
- Dual Wield
- Flame Staff
- Lighting Staff
Deep Fissure (Morph of Scorch | Skill Line : Animal Companions) – Hard hitting and major debuff must keep up priority.
Blue Betty (Morph of Betty Netch | Skill Line : Animal Companions) – Our sustain tool on front bar.
Growing Swarm (Morph of Swarm | Skill Line : Animal Companions) – This skills is great to place on one or more target due to the debuff and damage over time. In combination with fissure, you’ll lower resistance and increase damage for your group just by maintaining these two abilities.
Screaming Cliff Racer (Morph of Dive | Skill Line : Animal Companions) – A great ranged spammable that does some serious damage.
Bird of Prey (Morph of Falcon’s Swiftness | Skill Line : Animal Companions) – Simply slot for increased damage.
Wild Guardian (Morph of Feral Guardian | Skill Line : Animal Companions) – this ultimate is double bared so it does not come on and off. It’s absolutely incredible damage. I can hit 87,000 critical strikes sub 20% health on bosses due to it attacking like an execute. You’ll treat this ability like another attack because it’s ultimate cost of 75 is so low. Keep in mind to recast your bear if it dies or goes away. It will also stun enemies and attack as a decoy and I prefer this over any other ultimate of choice due to the reason above.
Back Bar Ice Staff
Back bar options:
- Two Handed
- Ice Staff
- Inferno Staff
- Lighting Staff
Channeled Acceleration (Morph of Accelerate | Skill Line : Psijic Order) – Our critical damage buff, you can also use fighters guild barb trap which is very important for solo.
Dampen Magic (Morph of Annulment | Skill Line : Light Armor) – Strong shield and a great survivability tool when doing damage.
Arctic Blast (Morph of Arctic Wind | Skill Line : Winter’s Embrace) – Your burst heal that can apply status effects. Maintain the 20 seconds of this ability’s even if you don’t need healing.
Winter’s Revenge (Morph of Impaling Shards | Skill Line : Winter’s Embrace) – 12 second damage over time which applies Chilled status effect. This is great damage over time, chilled status effect increase chance and great snare. I’ll cast this before Unstable because it’s 12 second duration.
Unstable Wall of Elements (Morph of Wall of Elements | Skill Line : Destruction Staff) – AoE damage and acts as a AoE spammable.
Wild Guardian (Morph of Feral Guardian | Skill Line : Animal Companions) – double bar this skill so it doesn’t turn off.
This is the best option for folks looking to solo arenas and Veteran dungeons
|Shoulders||light||Perfected False Gods||Divines||Magicka|
|Chest||medium||Pillar of Nirn||Divines||Magicka|
|Legs||light||Perfected False Gods||Divines||Magicka|
|Gloves||light||Perfected False Gods||Divines||Magicka|
|Boots||light||Perfected False Gods||Divines||Magicka|
|Belt||light||Perfected False Gods||Divines||Magicka|
|Weapon One||Frost Staff||Pillar of Nirn||Precise||Frost|
|Weapon Two||Frost Staff||Perfected Crushing Wall||Infused||Weapon Damage|
|Necklace||Pillar of Nirn||Infused||Spell Damage|
|Ring 1||Pale Order||Infused||Spell Damage|
|Ring 2||Pillar of Nirn||Infused||Spell Damage|
Desktop hover over gear for set bonuses, mobile click once for set bonuses
Slimecraw: obtained in Wayrest Sewers I Veteran dungeon and Maj Undaunted Vendor.
- Why? gives us highest 1pc critical chance
FLEX OPTIONS (if you switch to monster setup, drop the ring and replace it with Vicious or flex piece)
- Zaan = great damage from a proc set considered best damage for melee builds.
- Nerien’eth = good damage and great option for range DPS with direct damage.
- Balorgh = incredible for boss burns in Veteran Maelstrom Arena saving up ultimate for 500 burn.
- Iceheart = great survivability
Pillar of Nirn: obtained in Falkreath Hold dungeon.
- WHY? one of the hardest hitting, easiest proc sets in the game. People ask about “frost” type of 5pc gear sets, sure they may look cool or sound great, but Pillar will do way more damage.
- Order’s Wrath = Crafted and best overall option for great damage
- Mechanical Acuity = the highest burst combined with Balorgh for VMA boss nukes
- Medusa = easy dungeon set if you’re not using minor force skill/buff
- Scathing Mage = High spell damage set from dungeons
Perfected False Gods: obtained in Veteran Sunspire trial or normal for non perfected
- WHY? provides incredible resource sustain and mobility but lacks overall damage. This is great for solo play or uncoordinated groups where you cannot relay on orbs/spears/sustain sets.
- Perfected Bahsei’s Mania = considered BiS for damage if you can run magicka low and keep it there
- Robes of the Withered Hand = Base game, overland and a great replacement for False Gods to get you started
- Bright-Throat’s Boast = decent sustain set if your using Witch Mother Drink
- Law of Julianos = decent craftable option
Perfected Crushing Wall: from Veteran Maelstrom Arena in Orsinium
- WHY? Increase your overall DPS massively due to wall of elements and light attack damage increase.
- Perfected Merciless Charge = must change out blockade for Stampede, considered meta, but struggle with sustain
- Willpower = extra 2pc set
Ring of the Pale Order: Mythic obtained by collecting five pieces:
- Bangkorai – Aurmine Ancestral Signet – Chests
- Alik’r Desert – Direnni Elegy Loop – Coldrock Diggings Delve Boss
- Wrothgar – Onix Accent Stones – All World Bosses
- Glenumbra – Order-Etched Gallery Rail – Bad Man’s Hallow Trash Monsters
- The Reach – Pale Order’s Golden Band – Nighthollow Keep (Blackreach: Arkthzand Cavern start north of map)
- (1 item) Restore 20% of the damage you deal as Health. This value is decreased by 4% per ally you are grouped with. You cannot be healed by anyone but yourself.
- Death Dealer’s Fete = high max stats and requires no effect but in combat
- Sea Serpent Coil = best overall damage but could be less survivability
- Markyn Ring of Majesty = set and forget boost to spell damage and armor
Meant for someone who’s familiar with the game and wants strongest solo build without mythics or trials gear
|Weapon One||Frost Staff||Medusa||Precise||Flame|
|Weapon Two||Frost Staff||Perfected Maelstrom||Infused||Berserker|
|Ring 1||Medusa||Infused||Spell Damage|
|Ring 2||Medusa||Infused||Spell Damage|
This setup is for someone who just started and doesn’t have access to Monsters, Mythics, Trials gear
|Weapon One||Frost Staff||Willpower||Precise||Flame|
|Weapon Two||Frost Staff||Willpower||Infused||Berserker|
|Necklace||Withered Hand||Arcane||Magicka Recovery|
|Ring 1||Withered Hand||Arcane||Magicka Recovery|
|Ring 2||Withered Hand||Arcane||Spell Damage|
The best option for damage reduction while channeling
Great for burst damage and healing
Thief – Increases the Critical Strike rating by 1212
Clockwork Citrus Filet
OVERALL: Increase Max Health by 3724, Health Recovery by 351, Max Magicka by 3458 and Magicka Recovery by 319 for 2 hours.
CHEAP: Increase Max Magicka by 2856, Max Health by 3094, and Magicka Recovery by 315 for 2 hours.
Ghastly Eye Bowl
DPS Parse: Increase Max Magicka by 4256 and Magicka Recovery by 425 for 2 hours.
Essence of Spell Power
Grants major sorcery with increases spell damage by 20% for 47.6 seconds. Grants major prophecy which grants you 2191 spell critical rating for 47.6 seconds. Restore 7582 magicka immediately. Grants you major intellect which increases your magicka recovery by 20% for 47.6. Potions have a 45sec cooldown. Make sure you have three points into medicinal use passive in alchemy crafting. (INGREDIENTS: Corn Flower, Lady’s Smock and Namira’s Rot)
- Fighter’s Guild
- Mage’s Guild
- Psijic Order
- Alliance Support
- Light Armor
- Destruction Staff
- Medium Armor
- All Class