In The Destiny 2: Iron Banner Guide Season 19, we explain what the Iron Banner is, how to participate, how to earn ranks and rewards the fastest way and what you can earn during the event. We also provide useful links and information from the Bungie Help page.
Iron Banner Guide
The iron Banner event appears twice every season, and each time remains for a week, thus is linked with the weekly reset. For information on the weekly reset, visit the Destiny 2 Ritual Reset Guide. During the event, guardians together participate in Crucible matches to earn unique rewards like shaders and emblems. Additionally, players are rewarded with weapons and high-stat gear for each match. All Destiny 2 players, regardless of expansion ownership, can participate in Iron Banner events.
Besides, players earn a reputation with Lord Saladin – the event vendor, who can be found at the Tower near the spawn point. Participation also increases your rank with Saladin and Shaxx. This time the loot table was refreshed. Also worth noting, the Trials of Osiris are not active during the event.
There are 3 activities available, with the changes:
- Fortress Mode (Control) – When capturing all three zones at the same time, will prompt “The Hunt” and replaces all capture zones with Cabal high-value zones. Unlike regular Control, defeating opponents doesn’t count toward the final score, so capturing most zones and defeating enemies adds bonus points, and it is the key to victory.
- Eruption (Clash) – Failing to kill a Guardian in 30 seconds results in death. Players gain the ability and Super energy on kills.
How to start? – Forging the Iron Quest
During the active event, head to the tower, and you will see Lord Saladin – the event vendor, just in front of you. From this vendor, you can pick up rewards and an event quest called “Forging Iron,”. This first special quest will teach you about the basics of the event, and at the end, you’ll receive a reward.
The quest has 6 easy steps and requires you to participate in Iron Baner matches. To complete the quest as fast as possible, equip as many possible Iron Banner weapons and armor. We will discuss the Iron Banner gear bonuses later in the guide.
Iron Banner Pinnacle Gear – Daily Challenges
Just like many in-game activities in the Destiny 2 Iron Banner matches can reward you with pinnacle gear. To check the requirements, go to the Crucible playlist in the destination menu, just like you view any other pinnacle gear activity. Click once the Iron Banner pinnacle gear match, and in the lower left corner, check the requirements for this activity. Requirements are: to use a specific subclass while participating in a specific amount of Iron Banner matches.
Players can complete daily challenges daily once per character. As a result, if you have 3 characters, you can complete it three times per day, and receive more rewards.
Iron Banner reputation
In Destiny 2, participation in every activity rewards players with a reputation, the same is with Iron Banner’s reputation. The only difference is that Iron Banner’s reputation has multiplayer that provides you extra points if you use gear from the event playlist. there are several ways to increase your reputation fast in speed up the process.
Players can check their reputation bonus by selecting the Iron Banner playlist in the Director and viewing the “Iron Banner Rank Boost” modifier. At max, if you apply all boost modifiers, you can earn your reputation 640% faster!
Iron Banner Matches
The first and easiest way to earn a reputation is to participate in the event matches, you can win or lose. But this will give you a small amount of reputation so we advise focusing on two other methods to boost your rank.
Iron Banner Streak
Being on an activity streak will also help you gain the Iron Banner reputation faster. Each time you win a match in a row it counts as a streak, but lose and you need to start again.
- 1x Streak: +4
- 2x Streak: +8
- 3x Streak: +12
- 4x Streak: +16
- 5x Streak: +20
Iron Banner Daily Challenges
Daily Challenges not only provide you with pinnacle gear and rewards but also can give you an extra small amount of reputation each day. (+100% gains per challenge (max 4))
Iron Banner Gear
As mentioned before, using the Iron Banner gear, including the emblems will give you extra points and speed up the process.
To maximalize the rank boost for armor, you can receive 200% more reputation for 5 Iron Banner gear pieces (40% per gear piece).
Important: Applying an Iron Banner ornament onto any armor piece will count as having a piece of Iron Banner gear equipped.
Iron Banner Emblem
Equip the Iron Banner emblem to get a 40% reputation boost.
Iron Banner Rewards and Iron Banner Loot Table
During the event, Lord Saladin will offer rewards to players who rank up their reputation with him by turning in Iron Banner Tokens.
Iron Banner Armor is called the Iron Companion set, an updated version of the Taken King’s Iron Banner armor set from the original Destiny
Loot Table – Weapons
Additional from Bungie
Here is some important information from the Bungie help website about the Iron Banner event. Read on or check the original post on the Bungie Help page.
- Power level advantages matter. Players who are higher-leveled will deal more damage to players who are lower-leveled.
- Year 2 rewards, featuring random rolls and compatibility with Year 2 modifications, will be available to all players.
- Artifact Power is not enabled for Iron Banner, and will not grant a Power advantage.
Listed below is Vital Information that players may need to know:
- Event Conclusion: At the end of an Iron Banner event, Iron Banner bounties will expire. Players can keep these in their inventory until the next Season where they will be removed. Players who choose to not turn in their Iron Banner tokens to Lord Saladin will be able to keep their tokens for the next Iron Banner event.
- Lord Saladin not appearing in the Tower: If during the Iron Banner event, Lord Saladin does not appear in the Tower, players should return to Orbit and try relaunching into the Tower activity again. After the Iron Banner event concludes, players may still be able to launch into a Tower that still shows Iron Banner decorations, but Lord Saladin will no longer appear until the next Iron Banner.
Also, I play every aspect of MMO, Solo, PvP and PvE. If you want to see more of Destiny 2 this week’s action, consider watching me live at twitch.tv/deltiasgaming, and checking out the website for more guides (click), Destiny 2 Beginner Builds (click) and End-game PvE Builds (click).
Thanks for reading!