The Thread of Ascent is a new Fragment available for Destiny 2 Strand subclass. It was added to the game with the Lighfall release. Let’s take a look.
Thread of Ascent Fragment
Activating your grenade ability reloads your equipped weapon and grants bonus airborne effectiveness and handling for a short duration.
Stat Increase: +10 Mobility
The Thread of Ascent is the Titan, Hunter and Warlock fragment from the Strand subclass. To unlock it, you must buy it from a special vendor, the Pouka Pond, for 200 Strand Meditations.
- Berserkers (All Titan’s abilities here) – Strand Titans are untamed and wild, they leap into harm’s way with abandon, manifesting claws to sever their targets from the Weave.
- Broodweavers (All Warlock’s abilities here) – Strand Warlocks are telekinetic sorcerers that manipulate the Weave; even twisting Strand into creatures that do their bidding.
- Threadrunners (All Hunter’s abilities here) – Strand Hunters are Masters of lethal grace, the city becomes their playground as they use the Weave to dance unscathed among their foes.
Bungie has reported on March 9th, that this current fragment will be deactivated for world first race, Root of Nightmare and Contest mode. The full post is listed HERE and below are disabled weapons, armor and mods.
- Grand Overture Exotic Machine Gun
- Fighting Lion Exotic Grenade Launcher
- Winterbite Exotic Glaive
- Jötunn Exotic Fusion Rifle
- Hierarchy of Needs Exotic Bow
Armor and Mods
- Citan’s Ramparts Titan Exotic Gauntlets
- Thread of Ascent Strand Fragment (will also be disabled across the entire game)
- Empowered Finish Armor Mod
In Destiny 2, Guardians use the Solar, Void and Arc elements by wielding the power of Light granted by the Traveler. Stasis is the first darkness subclass, introduced in Beyond Light Expansion. Strand is the second manifestation of the darkness in elemental form.
Strand flows through you. As it flows through everything
Stasis was the first subclass that came out with Stasis 3.0 – the system that includes the aspects and fragments to make classes more customisable and powerful. Soon after, over months, other subclasses received 3.0 reworks. With the release of Lightfall expansion, guardians can use Strand Subclass 3.0, adding more playstyles, builds, powerful weapons, and unique abilities to the game.
How to unlock Strand Subclass
Players must own Ligthfall expansion and complete the main campaign in order to get access to all abilities and unlock the Strand subclass. Additionally, to unlock aspects and fragments, players must buy them from the special Vendor. The full Guide on How to unlock Strand Subclass.
More Destiny 2 Articles and Guides
Thank you for checking the Destiny 2 Strand: Thread of Ascent Fragment Page!
I play every aspect of MMO, Solo, PvP and PvE. If you want to see more of Destiny 2 this week’s action, consider watching me live at twitch.tv/deltiasgaming. Check out the website for more guides (click), Beginner Builds and End-game PvE Builds.