In Baldur’s Gate 3, Flail of Ages is a unique, rare weapon with an Elemental Age spell, and you can buy it from Fytz in Act 3 in BG3.
Flail of Ages
The Flail of Ages in Baldur’s Gate 3 is a flail weapon favored by the Fighter or Cleric classes. It is a versatile weapon, delivering different elemental effects based on the damage it deals. Depending on its type, the Flail can afflict enemies with Acid, Chilled, or Burning conditions, adding strategic advantage with various elemental effects into its attacks.
Additionally, with a +1 enchantment, the Flail of Ages becomes an even stronger choice, granting a bonus to attack rolls. Additionally, it unlocks the Elemental Age Spell, providing an extra punch to its strikes. With this spell, the Flail gains a +1 bonus to Attack Rolls and inflicts additional Acid, Cold, or Fire damage, depending on the chosen elemental age. This unique focus on various elements makes the Flail of Ages a robust and adaptable choice in battle.
You can equip it to your character’s main hand weapon slot in the inventory, providing additional bonuses and buffs. The user needs Martial weapon proficiency or suffers penalties while wearing the weapon.
- Weapon Type: Flail
- Damage: 1D8 +4 Bludgeoning
- Requirements: Martial Weapons Proficiency
- Rarity: Rare
- Weight: 0.9 kg
- Value: 961
- Location: Sold by Fytz the Firecracker at the Stormshore Armoury, Act 3
- Elements of an Epoch: Depending on what kind of damage this weapon does, it also inflicts Acid condition, Chilled condition, or Burning condition.
- Weapon Enchantment +1
- Gain Elemental Age Spell: Give the Flail of Ages a +1 bonus to Attack Rolls and an additional Acid, Cold, or Fire damage to its strikes depending on the elemental age embodied.
- Gain Tenacity Action(Main Hand Only): When you miss an attack, deal 3 Bludgeoning damage anyway.
- Classes with Martial Weapons Proficiency: Cleric(Tempest Domain, War Domain), Fighter, Ranger, Paladin, Barbarian, Bard (College of Valour)
- Companions Who Can Use This Weapon: Lae’zel, Minthara, Karlach, Minsc
How to Get the Flail of Ages in Baldur’s Gate 3
Flail of Ages is available to buy from Fytz the Firecracker for 961 Gold, one of the Stormshore Armoury merchants in Baldur’s Gate during BG3 Act 3. She stands on the secluded terrace just next to the Sorcerous Sundries.
During Act 3, when you enter for the first time Baldur’s Gate through Basilisk Gate, Head west to find this merchant and many others. Look around, and there are many fantastic armour and weapons to buy in the area. There are no requirements to purchase this weapon. As soon as you get to the city, you will be allowed to go where you can get the Flail of Ages in Baldur’s Gate 3.
Looking For More About Baldur’s Gate 3?
Thank you for reading How to Get Flail of Ages in Baldur’s Gate 3 (BG3) Guide. We provide the latest news and create guides for Baldur’s Gate 3. Also, watch me play games on Twitch or visit my YouTube channel!