In Baldur’s Gate 3, the Hunting Shortbow is a handy bow you can get during Act 1 – this short Guide Explains everything you need to know about the Hunting Shortbow in BG3.
The Hunting Shortbow
In Baldur’s Gate 3, the Hunting Shortbow provides decent damage in the early game of Act 1. The Feller of Monsters bonus feature gives you Advantage against monster enemies. Additionally, it grants the user a free cast of the Hunter’s Mark spell, which marks a creature as your quarry to deal an additional 1d6 Physical damage whenever you hit it with a weapon attack.
The Hunting Shortbow would be ideal to equip to a Ranger or Rogue character/build that plays at range.
Here are all the Hunting Shortbow features in BG3:
- Weapon Type: Shortbow, Two-Handed
- Damage: 1D6+1 Piercing
- Range: 18m
- Requirements: Ranged Simple Weapon Proficiency
- Rarity: Uncommon
- Location: Sold by Dammon at the Druid Grove in Act 1
- Weight: 0.9 kg
- Value: 163
- Feller of Monsters: You have Advantage against Monstrosity type enemies.
- Cast Hunter’s Mark once per Long Rest.
- Classes with Simple Weapons Proficiency: All classes EXCEPT for Druid, Sorcerer and Wizard
- Companions Who Can Use This Weapon: Lae’zel, Minthara, Karlach, Minsc, Astarion, Shadowheart
How to Get the Hunting Shortbow in Baldur’s Gate 3
The Hunting Shortbow is available to buy from Dammon in the Emerald Grove during Act 1. His small, humble forge is to the far back of the caves where the Tiefling refugees are staying. All you must do is find the Druid Grove and help defend it from Goblins, and you will be allowed to enter the location straight after the prologue where you can find the Hunting Shortbow for sale.
Looking For More About Baldur’s Gate 3?
Thank you for reading How to Get Hunting Shortbow in Baldur’s Gate 3 Guide. We provide the latest news and create guides for Baldur’s Gate 3. Also, watch me play games on Twitch or visit my YouTube channel!