In Baldur’s Gate 3, the Speedy Reply is a fantastic early-game scimitar, and you can get it from a dead agent’s body in Act 1 – This short Guide Explains everything you need to know about the Speedy Reply in BG3.
The Speedy Reply
The Speedy Reply provides a Nimble Attack bonus and decent damage in BG3. It’s a scimitar, obtainable in Act 1, but fantastic in those early stages of Baldur’s Gate 3. It gives the wielder a momentum bonus for 2 turns and increases their movement speed by 1.5m. For the rogue class or any dual wielder in your group, extra movement will help you strategically relocate your character and gain a little better control of the battlefield.
It can also serve as a tool to escape from another strong enemy. Moreover, if your character is a wood elf, their racial passive also gives them an additional 1.5m extra movement. As a result, a character that has a 3m advantage over their enemies can quickly escape or close the gap to the enemies.
You can equip it to your character’s main hand weapon slot in the inventory, providing additional bonuses and buffs. The user needs Martial Weapon proficiency or suffers penalties while wearing the weapon. You can equip it on any class, companion, or character that has Martial Weapon proficiency.
Here are all Speedy Reply features in BG3:
- Weapon Type: One-Handed, Scimitar
- Damage: 1D6 +3 Slashing
- Requirements: Martial Weapon proficiency
- Rarity: Uncommon
- Location: Looted from caravan bodyguard dead body, Act 1 (X:25 Y:606)
- Weight: 1.35 kg
- Value: 65
- Nimble Attack: When the wielder hits an enemy with this weapon, they gain Momentum for 2 turns.
- Classes with Martial Weapons Proficiency: Cleric(Tempest Domain, War Domain), Fighter, Ranger, Paladin, Barbarian, Bard (College of Valour)
- Companions Who Can Use This Weapon: Lae’zel, Minthara, Karlach, Minsc
How to Get Speedy Reply in Baldur’s Gate 3
You can get the Speedy Reply from the Dead Caravan Agent’s body near Risen Road during Act 1.
Here is a short overview of how to get the Speedy Reply:
- Complete the Prologue: Progress until you reach Act 1
- Travel to Risen Road: It’s a location at the far north corner of the Act 1 Area.
- Find the Cave and Trapped Caravan: Gnolls traped mercenaries (X:25 Y:606) in a cave west of the Risen Road.
- Defeat the Gnoll: A Pack of Gnolls and Hayena must be defeated before you can reach the scimitar.
- Get the Speedy Reply: Loot the caravan bodyguard’s dead body.
You can get the Speedy Reply Scimitar as soon as you finish the prologue and land on a beach in Act 1. Go north, and you’ll likely come across the Emerald Grove. Head west to the Blighted Village and then go straight north to reach The Risen Road.
There, you’ll find a group of Gnolls attacking some mercenaries in a cave (X:40 Y:626) east of the Risen Road fast travel portal. Your next step is to defeat the gnolls and rescue the mercenaries. You can try to grab the loot and run without fighting the enemies, but if you help the trapped caravan in the cave, you’ll complete part of a quest that rewards you with the Harold Heavy Crossbow and gives you access to an exclusive merchant in the Mercernerie’s hideout.
Once you’ve defeated the gnolls and talked to the mercenaries, you can search the area for loot. Don’t forget to check the caravan agent’s body to get the Speedy Reply Scimitar just near the cave’s entrance. Also, inside the cave, you’ll find good barbarian clothing gloves in one of the chests.
That’s all you need to know about the Speedy Reply in Baldur’s Gate 3!
Looking For More About Baldur’s Gate 3?
Thank you for reading How to Get Speedy Reply in Baldur’s Gate 3 Guide. We provide the latest news and create guides for Baldur’s Gate 3. Also, watch me play games on Twitch or visit my YouTube channel!