In Baldur’s Gate 3, The Spellthief is a decent Bow, especially for Paladin class, and you can get it early during Act 1 from a Merchant – this short Guide Explains everything you need to know about Spellthief in BG3.
In Baldur’s Gate 3, Spellthief Longbow provides decent damage and an Arcane Vehemence bonus that can be useful early in the game. Once per Short Rest, you regain a Level 1 Spell slot when you land a critical hit with the Spellthief. This bow can support the Paladin’s playstyle because the class uses spell slots to deal more damage thanks to Smite and Oath charges abilities.
You can equip it to your character’s main hand weapon slot in the inventory, providing additional bonuses and buffs. The user needs Martial Weapon proficiency or suffers penalties while wearing the weapon. You can equip it on any class, companion, or character that has Martial Weapon proficiency.
Here are all Spellthief features in BG3:
- Weapon Type: Two-Handed, Longbow
- Range: 18m
- Damage: 1D8 Piercing
- Requirements: Martial Weapon proficiency
- Rarity: Uncommon
- Location: Emerald Grove, Arron, Act 1
- Weight: 1.1 kg
- Value: 200
- Arcana Vehemence: Once per Short Rest, you regain a Level 1 Spell slot when you land a critical hit with the Spellthief
- Classes with Martial Weapons Proficiency: Cleric(Tempest Domain, War Domain), Fighter, Ranger, Paladin, Barbarian, Bard (College of Valour)
- Companions Who Can Use This Weapon: Lae’zel, Minthara, Karlach, Minsc
How to Get Spellthief in Baldur’s Gate 3
Spellthief is available to buy from Arron in Emerald Grove during Act 1. He stands just next to the entrance to the caves that give shelter to the Tieflings and settlers. All you must do is find the Druid Grove and help defend it from Goblins, and you will be allowed to enter the location straight after the prologue where you can find the Spellthief.
Looking For More About Baldur’s Gate 3?
Thank you for reading How to Get Spellthief in Baldur’s Gate 3 Guide. We provide the latest news and create guides for Baldur’s Gate 3. Also, watch me play games on Twitch or visit my YouTube channel!