The Viconia’s Priestess Robe is unique-looking clothing that utilizes obscured mechanics in Baldur’s Gate 3, and you can get it in Act 3 – This short Guide Explains everything you need to know about the Viconia’s Priestess Robe in BG3.
Viconia’s Priestess Robe
In Baldur’s Gate 3, Viconia’s Priestess Robe offers 11 AC Armour Class and two fantastic bonuses. Firstly, when the wearer is obscured, they get an advantage on stealth checks. Obscured areas are those partially or completely concealed from view due to factors like shadows, darkness, or environmental conditions, which already gives an advantage on attack rolls for range characters. Pairing that with the robe’s Shar’s Umbrae bonus will increase the effectiveness.
This robe is highly recommended for characters and classes that wish to use stealth mechanics and obscured environments, which is also present in most Act 2 locations. Obscured areas impact visibility and can be identified by checking the lighting indicator on the bottom left of the screen. A white circle signifies full light, a half-black circle indicates light obscured, and a black circle represents a heavily obscure area (darkness).
It’s worth noting that being obscured can significantly affect gameplay. For instance, the Gloomstalker’s Umbral Shroud ability allows you to turn invisible when obscured, providing a tactical advantage, especially in ranged combat scenarios. The Shield of Faith spell will also grant you an additional +2 bonus for all Saving Throws wearing this robe.
Viconia’s Priestess Robe is a good addition to your Baldur’s Gate 3 adventure, especially if your character relies on stealth and obscured conditions to outmaneuver enemies. You can equip it to your character’s chest slot in the inventory, providing additional bonuses and buffs. There are no requirements for this item. You can equip it on any class, companion, or character.
Viconia’s Priestess Robe features
The Viconia’s Priestess Robe features in Baldur’s Gate 3:
- Armor Type: Clothing, Robe
- Armour: 10 AC +1
- Proficiency Requirement: No Requirements
- Rarity: Rare
- Weight: 1.8 kg
- Value: 1600
- Location: Dropped by Mother Superior Viconia DeVir, House of Grief, Act 3
- Shar’s Umbrae: While obscured, the wearer has an Advantage on Stealth Checks.
- Sharran Veil: Shield of Faith also grants you +2 bonus to all Saving Throws.
- Classes and Races That Can Equip It: All characters can equip this robe.
How to Get the Viconia’s Priestess Robe in Baldur’s Gate 3
Mother Superior Viconia DeVir drops the Viconia’s Priestess Robe in House of Grief during Act 3, which is part of Daughter of Darkness, Shadowheart’s Companion Quest. Here is a short overview of how to get Viconia’s Priestess Robe in BG3:
- Begin Act 3 in Rivington Village with Shadowheart in your party.
- Find Ferg Drogher on the road southeast of Arfur’s Mansion (X:45; Y:-102).
- Speak with him to learn more.
- Follow the path leading to the House of Grief.
- Travel to Baldur’s Gate through the Wyrmway Fortress.
- Reach the House of Greef west of Baldur’s Gate.
- Talk to Mirie inside the house and learn about the Mapping of the Heart test.
- Follow Mirie to a back room and trigger a cutscene.
- Shadowheart should be the one to take the Mapping of the Heart.
- Talk to the projection of Mother Superior Viconia DeVir.
- After the projection vanishes, you must find the real Mother Superior Viconia DeVir.
- Pass through the Exposed Secret Stairway that appeared in the same room.
- Proceed to the grand Shar temple.
- In the temple, confront Viconia DeVir in the main chamber.
- Depending on Shadowheart’s alignment, choose your dialogue options.
- In the final set of choices, decide whether to attack or offer Shadowheart to Mother Superior. However, you must kill Viconia to get the Robe, so we advise siding with Shadowheart.
- Engage in combat with Shar’s followers.
- After defeating your foes, interrogate Viconia.
- You can learn more about her and Shar’s followers’ involvement and motivations.
- Kill Viconia and loot her to get Viconia’s Priestess Robe in Baldur’s Gate 3.
Other Notable Gear to Get from Mother Superior Viconia DeVir
A detailed description of how to obtain Viconia’s Priestess Robe in Baldur’s Gate 3 and companion approval guidelines during the quest can be found in our Viconia’s Walking Fortress guide. The essential decision is to eventually kill Mother Superior Viconia DeVir and loot the items from her body to get all fantastic gear, including Viconia’s Priestess Robe, Viconia’s Walking Fortress, and Handmaiden’s Mace.
That concludes your quest for the Viconia’s Priestess Robe!
Looking For More About Baldur’s Gate 3?
Thank you for reading How to Get the Viconia’s Priestess Robe in Baldur’s Gate 3 – Legendary Quarterstaff Guide. We provide the latest news and create guides for Baldur’s Gate 3. Also, watch me play games on Twitch or visit my YouTube channel!