Welcome to our ESO Stamina Templar PvP Build. This page will continue to have the latest Stamplar PvP setup that I use on stream and running around in Cyrodiil. Remember there are many ways to play the Stamplar, this is what I found fun yet effective.
[Last updated February 16th, 2017 – Update 13 Homestead]
This build is made for open field Cyrodiil PvP using medium armor. It’s a traditional Stamplar feel, medium armor, bow for speed, massive burst with Jabs and Crescent. This isn’t the most “meta” build, but can be very effective killing single targets over and over. You sacrifice some survivablity for massive damage. Throw in a healer or another stamina build and you’ll be nuking people. The skill cap is high, so continue to practice your kill shot in order to start “getting it.” Here’s a quick run down of the strengths and weaknesses.
+ Burst is amazing
+ Great self healing
+ High mobility
– Lower survivablity than heavy armor meta
– Kill shot can be complex to pull off
Two-Hander – Our main damage bar bow single target and AoE.
- Stamped (morph of Critical Charge | Two-Handed skill line) – Our gap closer that snares enemies. Both morphs cause a critical strike, I prefer this one for solo play since I want to keep them in Jabs range.
- Rally (morph of Momentum | Two-Handed skill line) – Heal, Major Brutality buff, a must have on your bar for stam builds. Recast for an instant burst heal when under pressure.
- Repentance (morph of Restoring Aura | Restoring Light skill line) – This is our flex spot, but a dominate resource tool (but on our bar and actively using). Zap up bodies of vanquished enemies to keep the fight going and stay healed.
- Restoring Focus (morph of Rune Focus | Restoring Light skill line) – If you can take the sustain hit, this is a great option for a tankier setup.
- Biting Jabs (morph of Puncturing Strikes | Aedric Spear skill line) – AoE, snare, juggernaut DPS ability. It no longer stuns targets so your goal is to Javelin, Dawnbreaker or Meteor prior to Jabing.
- Reverse Slice (morph of Reverse Slash | Two-Handed skill line) – This got a nice buff recently and makes a good AoE splash damage tool. Combined with Biting Jabs, we have decent AoE for using a Two-Hander.
- [Ultimate] Crescent Sweep (morph of Radial Sweep | Aedric Spear skill line) – HUGE buff and hits much harder than Dawnbreaker on it’s initial cast and can benefit from Burning Light. Very cheap, though the downside is that it bugs out on elevation so be careful to be on a flat surface.
Bow – Buffs, debuffs and primary dodge roll bar.
- Binding Javelin (morph of Piercing Javelin | Aedric Spear skill line) – Our primary stun, though Luminous Shards is another stuns you can use that drops block. Don’t spam this on targets as it’s expensive, but setup someone for melee destruction with the stun.
- Extended Ritual (morph of Cleansing Ritual | Restoring Light skill line) – Our cleanse of five sources which is huge for solo play. This also grants Major Mending so drop it down prior to a Vigor for huge healing.
- Shuffle (morph of Evasion | Medium Armor skill line) – Dodge chance, removal off snare, this is our get away ability when in trouble. Keep it up at all times, but recast if you get stuck or immobilized.
- Resolving Vigor (morph of Vigor | Alliance War Assault skill line) – A great AoE heal that combined with Major Mending can keep you topped off.
- Power of the Light “PotL” (morph of Backlash | Bow skill line) – This thing got a monster buff and can hit tanks for 9,000 damage even when blocking. The trick is timing your burst around the explosion that happens six seconds after initial cast.
- [Ultimate] Dawnbreaker of Smiting (morph of Dawnbreaker | Fighters Guild skill line) – Stun, massive burst and DoT, use this on a target not blocking, Jabs, Reverse Slice dead.
- Rally – 33 seconds for major brutality.
- Shuffle – 20 seconds for major evasion.
- Immovability Potion – 15 seconds so you can’t be stunned.
- Extended Ritual -the duration is long, but usually only last 8 seconds after you move out of the circle.
The concept of killing a player instantly revolves around PotL explosion with an ultimate a split second PRIOR. Note, using immovable potion prior to starting is going to give you much greater odds and pulling this off.
- IF POSSIBLE – Fully charged heavy on bow, let go, hit PotL, Javelin and immediately bar swap.
- Now you charge to close the distance IF they were stunned by your Javelin.
- Now you jabs roughly 2x until PotL timer reaches one second, then Crescent if they can’t be stunned or Dawnbreaker if they can be (without) blocking.
It ain’t easy, but damn when you hit someone for a 9k PotL and a 13k Crescent, nothing beats it.
Monster Helms – Lots of great options now, but the best for killing one player over and over is Selene’s [Obtained in Selene’s Web]. It has the greatest burst potential and procs off Burning Light. However, you give up a lot to run in.
- TANKY OPTION – Troll King [Obtained in Blessed Crucible] is utterly insane for our survivablity especially as a non vampire Orc. Completely solo, you can drop Selene’s and add Restoring Focus for a much tankier build even in medium armor.
- BALANCED OPTION – Slimecraw [Obtained in Wayrest One] is a great option for solid sustained DPS.
Main 5pc – Automatons [Obtained in Darkshade Cavern One or Two] – This is a great balanced set that buffs our damage and healing. It rewards us with a massive amount of weapon damage which is great on a Stamplar Orc due to our passives. For pure single target, Viper will still outperform this in terms of damage, but I refuse to run that set and enjoy the versatility and healing that Auto provides.
- CRAFTED OPTION – Hunding’s Rage, the old meta is still useful though not nearly as powerful as Auto
- META OPTION – Viper, though I don’t run it but for pure burst, it’s still king.
Jewelry – Agility from Imperial City gives us the most damage possible in a three piece and since we aren’t using Dual Wield, I go with this setup. Picking up Dual Wield and using another five piece is a great option, though I haven’t found it as effective.
- CHEAP ALTERNATIVE – Endurance for better sustain though a lot less damage.
Weapons – VMA Maul is seriously powerful and I love the enchant on it. Even a crafted setup or a 4 piece (including jewelry) is a great option.
Traits – I like at least 5 impenetrable and 2 well-fitted on medium armor builds.
Glyphs – Prismatic the large pieces for bigger pool and rest max stamina.
Food – Bi-Stat food for pure damage, max health stam regen for good sustain, and gold food max health and all three regen for great tankiness.
Attributes – 64 stamina 0 health 0 magicka.
Vamp/WW – Both are good options, but I found having nothing is the best choice. Werewolf backbar for extra regen is also a great choice.
Mundus Stone – Warrior
Thanks for reading our Stamina Templar PvP Build, let me know how this is working for you and if using something different!