In this ESO Skill Points Guide, we’re going to cover what skill points are used for and how to collect them.
You’re going to need a lot of skill points, but there are many different ways of collecting them that will keep you moving through the world of Tamriel!
Skill points are what you use to unlock or morph abilities and passives in the various skill lines available to your character. You can earn skill points in a variety of ways, including:
- Over the course of leveling your character to level 50, you will earn 64 points.
- Completing the Main Story quests (Harborage) will grant you 11 points.
- Completing the central story quests for your Alliance will net you 18 points.
- Absorbing three skyshard pieces will grant you one point. There are hundreds of skyshards scattered throughout the game.
- Completing the story quest for each of the base game dungeons (24 points) and DLC dungeons (26 points so far).
While this isn’t a complete list, these are the best and most effective ways to earn skill points. This may seem like a lot of points to throw around, but as you will soon see, there are a TON of skill lines, and abilities and passives to spend points on.
Farming Skill Points Quickly
If you’re a brand new ESO player I really wouldn’t recommend bypassing all the quest content and blowing through to end game.
That said, if you’re leveling an alt and just want to start morphing your abilities, one of the fastest ways go gain skill points is to beat the final bosses of all the Public Dungeons. Check out this short video for a quick but informative run down!
Like Attribute points, Skill points can also be redistributed by visiting shrines and spending in game gold. They will be located in the same city/area but will be done through different shrines. Eldenroot and Wayrest both have Shrines of Stendarr, and Mournhold has the Shrine of Stuhn.