In Baldur’s Gate 3, The Bonespike Boots is an armor piece for every class, and you can get it from the locked chest during Act 3 – this short Guide Explains everything you need to know about the Bonespike Boots in BG3.
The Bonespike Boots
In Baldur’s Gate 3, The Bonespike Boots provide + 1 to the wearer’s armour class and save throws as long as you are not wearing armour or holding the shield. These clothing boots are made for the barbarian class, but you can equip them for your wizard, sorcerer, or monk if they also don’t wear armour. This extra armour bonus is not significant but good to have, and an additional saving throws buff will help you succeed during the combat and outside of it.
Bonespike Boots provide Refined Vauling Jump, which increases your character’s movement speed by 1.5 m, and they gain Brutal Leap, a skill that is primarily used by minotaurs in the game. If you use it and leap next to the enemy, you can knock them prone for 2 turns. It’s fantastic for crowd control ability for any party. Bonespike Boots is a part of the Bonespike set designed for the Barbarian class.
You can equip it to your character’s boots slot in the inventory, providing additional bonuses and buffs. There are no requirements for this item. You can equip it on any class, companion, or character.
Here are all Bonespike Boots features in BG3:
- Armor: Boots
- Proficiency Requirement: N/A
- Rarity: Very Rare
- Weight: 0.55 kg
- Value: 70
- Location: Wooden Chest in Hidden Passage, Rivington, Baldur’s Gate, Act 3
- Evasive Instinct: You have a +1 bonus to Armour Class and Saving Throws as long as you are not wearing armour or holding a shield.
- Refined Vaulting: The lump distance is increased by 1.5m.
- Gain Brutal Leap and set enemy Prone, 2 turns.
- All Classes, Companions, and Races Can Use This Item
- Pairs well with: Bonespike Helmet, Bonespike Garb, Bonespike Gloves
How to Get Bonespike Boots in Baldur’s Gate 3
You can get Bonespike Boots by looting the wooden Chest in the hidden passageway on the secluded beach in Rivington during Act 3. Here is a short overview of how to get Bonespike Boots (detailed description and extra lot tips below):
- Find the Hidden Beach: In Act 3, head north from your starting point and take the path that leads to a beach. Head west until you reach a secluded beach.
- Engage in Conversation: On the beach, encounter two groups arguing. Join their conversation.
- Initiate Combat: Choose to attack them. Focus on defeating the Stone Lord Agent first.
- Explore the Beach: Find a boat on the beach with a chest and parasite specimen.
- Locate Hidden Passageway (X: -232, Y: 85): Move south to elevated terrain and discover a secluded passageway.
- Enter the Passage: Inside, encounter enemies and defeat them.
- Open The Wooden Chest (X: -1340, Y: -857): Disarm and unlock a wooden chest.
- Get the Bonespike Boots: Loot the chest in BG3.
Get Bonespike Boots, Corpsegrinder, and Tadpole Specimens
To find Bonespike Boots, head north from where you first arrive in Act 3, but instead of passing the South Span Checkpoint gate into the fort, take the path down to the beach on the right. You are now exactly where the first arrow on the picture above points. Now follow the path alongside the sea line west, underneath the building and fort, into the cave passage, and eventually to a secluded beach at the far left side of the map.
There, you will encounter two suspicious groups arguing about some shipment, and you can join them. After the short conversation, if you want to get the Corpsegrinder, you must kill them, so choose the attack option, and the fight will initiate. You will be fighting two groups that will also attack each other, so focus on the Stone Lord Agent first and let the others kill each other, and you will get the experience anyway. A caster can also deal significant damage, and he will be your next target.
After you defeat both groups, loot the Stone Lord’s body to get the Corpsegrinder Maul in Baldur’s Gate 3. Look around. On the beach, you’ll find a boat with a chest and a parasite specimen on board. To the south of your current location on the elevated terrain, there is a secluded passageway (X: -232, Y: 85) you want to head next.
Enter the passageway and go down the path in the next chamber. You’ll find some enemies, chests, and treasures in the cave’s pocket. Defeat all enemies and locate a wooden chest (X: -1340, Y: -857). To open it, first disarm it, then unlock the lock. After passing both dexterity checks, you can safely open the wooden chest and loot the Bonespike Boots in BG3. The boots are available early in Act 3, and the boots are fantastic armour pieces that are worth getting.
Looking For More About Baldur’s Gate 3?
Thank you for reading How to Get Bonespike Boots in Baldur’s Gate 3 Guide. We provide the latest news and create guides for Baldur’s Gate 3. Also, watch me play games on Twitch or visit my YouTube channel!