In Baldur’s Gate 3, the Helm of Balduran is a Legendary medium armour head piece, and you can get it during Act 3 – this short Guide explains everything you need to know about the Helm of Balduran in BG3.
Helm of Balduran
Helm of Balduran is a medium armour legendary helmet which you can acquire in the late game during Act 3. If even one of your party members has Medium Armour Proficiency, then this is a must-have item due to its passives and special perks. When equipped the helm will heal your character at the beginning of every turn, which you can combine with the Ring of Regeneration and Sword of Chaos for constant, stacked, healing.
The Helm of Balduran also gives +1 Armour Class (AC) and Saving throws, prevents you from being Stunned, and prevents critical hits. With high Initiative, self-healing passively, and better Armour Class (AC), this item is a definite best-in-slot head piece for a variety of classes.
Here are all the Helm of Balduran features in BG3:
- Armor: Helmet
- Proficiency Requirement: Medium Armour Proficiency
- Rarity: Legendary
- Weight: 2 kg
- Value: 760
- Location: After completing the Wrymway Trials and defeating a boss, Act 3
- Classes with Medium Armour Proficiency: Barbarian, Bard, Cleric, Druid, Fighter, Paladin, and Ranger
- Races with Medium Armour Proficiency: Githyanki and Shield Dwarf
- Companions Who Can Use This Armour: Shadowheart, Lae’zel, Karlach, Minthara, Minsc
NOTE: This explanation may include some Act 3 spoilers.
How to Get Helm of Balduran in Baldur’s Gate 3
The first steps toward getting Helm of Balduran are finding the location of Anur’s Lair and then completing the Wrymway Trials in Act 3. Check out our full guide for step-by-step instructions, but here is a quick breakdown of how to find and solve the Wrymway Trials:
- Locate the Wrym’s Rock Prison, accessed either via the Passageway next to Wrym’s Rock waypoint or through the crack in the wall outside the Fortress on the east side
- Find the wall with the Dragon Head torches. Light them with Lightning, not Fire.
- Chamber of Courage – Hold the torch and stay alive for 4 turns.
- Chamber of Strategy – Blast the Black King Piece with Lightning.
- Chamber of Insight – Shoot Suelto at the end of the path.
- Chamber of Justice – Cleanse shadow with Remove Curse. Place ‘The Cell’ painting into the Empty Niche.
- Enter the large double doors to the Dragon’s Sanctum.
After some dialogue and cut scenes, you’ll find yourself facing a very angry Ansur. If you take a moment to right click and Examine him, you’ll see that he has Neocrotic, Lightning, and Poison Resistances. Additionally, he has an overall Magic Resistance, which means that you’ll want to rely more on your melee and ranged attacks to take him down. However, his Opportunity Attack feature means that melee can be hazardous unless you have a character using Polearms for additional reach.
There will be some Myrmidon adds that spawn during this encounter, but it’s best to just ignore them for the most part. Taking Ansur down as quickly as possible with as much damage as you can muster is most important.
After two turns Ansur will begin to Gather Power, flying up into the air. You’ll see him generating Lightning energy. At this point you’ll need to take a sharp look at his HP. If your characters can’t blast him out of the sky in one turn, then everyone needs to prioritize hiding behind the large white crystals in the area. Ansur will blast the whole area with his Stormheart Supernova and the crystals won’t necessarily promise full protection, as some of my party still died. Death Ward is a handy spell in this situation.
Hopefully at least one or two of your characters are left standing after the blast and can finish bringing him down. Afterwards, you can loot him and claim Balduran’s Giantslayer.
And finally you can claim the Legendary Helm of Balduran, which is sitting on a pedestal just to the back of the area where you brought down Ansur.
Looking For More About Baldur’s Gate 3?
Thank you for reading How to Get Helm of Balduran in Baldur’s Gate 3 Guide. We provide the latest news and create guides for Baldur’s Gate 3. Also, watch me play games on Twitch or visit my YouTube channel!