In Baldur’s Gate 3, the Reason’s Grasp are decent early-game barbarian gloves, and you can get them in Act 1 – This short Guide Explains everything you need to know about the Reason’s Grasp in BG3.
The Reason’s Grasp
The Reason’s Grasp is a good pair of gloves for Barbarian characters, and you can get them in Act 1. These gloves give you 15 temporary hit points when the wearer ends their rage. Usually, in battles, you don’t want your Barbarian to stop raging, but these gloves can be like a backup plan to quickly get more health when you’re in a tough fight. You can use them to boost your health and then in the next turn, you can reapply your range. While you may eventually want to find even better gloves, the Reason’s Grasp is a decent item to have early on in Baldur’s Gate 3.
You can equip it to your character’s gloves slot in the inventory, providing additional bonuses and buffs. There are no requirements for this item. You can equip it on any class, companion, or character.
Here are all Reason’s Grasp features in BG3:
- Armor: Clothing, Gloves
- Proficiency Requirement: No Requirements
- Rarity: Uncommon
- Location: Locked chest inside the cave near Risen Road, Act 1 (X: 39 Y: 640)
- Weight: 0.5 kg
- Value: 90
- Ever Vigilant: When the wearer chooses to end their Rage, they gain 15 Temporary Hit Points.
- Classes and Races That Can Equip It: All characters can equip these gloves.
How to Get Reason’s Grasp in Baldur’s Gate 3
You can get the Reason’s Grasp from the chest inside the cave near Risen Road during Act 1.
Here is a short overview of how to get the Reason’s Grasp:
- Complete the Prologue: Progress until you reach Act 1
- Travel to Risen Road: It’s a location at the far north corner of the Act 1 Area.
- Find the Cave and Trapped Caravan: Gnolls traped mercenaries (X:25 Y:606) in a cave west of the Risen Road.
- Defeat the Gnoll: A Pack of Gnolls and Hayena must be defeated before you can reach the scimitar.
- Get the Reason’s Grasp: Loot the chest inside the cave (X: 39 Y: 640)
You can get the Reason’s Grasp gloves as soon as you finish the prologue and land on a beach in Act 1. Go north, and you’ll likely come across the Emerald Grove. Head west to the Blighted Village and then go straight north to reach The Risen Road.
There, you’ll find a group of Gnolls attacking some mercenaries in a cave (X:40 Y:626) east of the Risen Road fast travel portal. Your next step is to defeat the gnolls and rescue the mercenaries. You can try to grab the loot and run without fighting the enemies, but if you help the trapped caravan in the cave, you’ll complete part of a quest that rewards you with the Harold Heavy Crossbow and gives you access to an exclusive merchant in the Mercernerie’s hideout.
You can search the area for loot once you’ve defeated the gnolls and talked to the mercenaries. Inside the cave, on the elevation (X: 39 Y: 640), you’ll find a locked chest with Reason’s Grasp, but you must pass a dexterity 10DC check to open it, so bring Astarion with you or any character proficient in sleight of hand. Don’t forget to check the caravan agent’s body for the Speedy Reply Scimitar.
That’s all you need to know about the Reason’s Grasp in Baldur’s Gate 3!
Looking For More About Baldur’s Gate 3?
Thank you for reading How to Get Reason’s Grasp in Baldur’s Gate 3 Guide. We provide the latest news and create guides for Baldur’s Gate 3. Also, watch me play games on Twitch or visit my YouTube channel!