In Starfield, after you leave character creation, you can’t change the traits, only remove them – but unofficial console command cheats allow you to add traits.
How do you remove traits in Starfield? Starfield offers 17 traits, each giving your character a little personality by adding advantages and disadvantages. Therefore, traits are optional. When you first create your character, you can choose up to 3 traits, but you can skip them completely. Sometimes, those debuffs can become trying, and you wish you never picked that trait in character creation.
Fortunately, there is a simple way to remove every trait in Starfield, but that will cost you some credits, depending on what trait you wish to remove. Each trait is different, and you need to complete different steps and pay different fees. Additionally, you can remove or change your traits if you are a PC player and don’t mind a little bit of “cheat console power” with a specific command code. We don’t advise it, but we’ll list all codes at the end of the guide. Let’s take a look at how to remove all traits in Starfield.
How to Remove Starfield Traits
To remove a trait in Starfield, you need to visit a special NPC or perform a certain action depending on the trait you want to remove. Some traits can be expensive to remove, up to 10,000 credits, for example, the empath trait. Others, like Kid Stuff, only require you to speak with certain NPCs, in this case, your parents.
All Traits and how to Remove Them List
Here is how to remove every trait in Starfield:
- Alien DNA: Visit the Doctor and Pay 10,000 credits at a surgery center
- Dream Home: Visit Galbank, Commercial District, New Atlantis City, and speak with a representative.
- Empath: Visit the Doctor and Pay 10,000 credits at a surgery center
- Extrovert: Visit the Church of the Enlightened in The Well, New Atlantis City, and speak with Andy Signh.
- Freestar Collective Settler: Vist Akila City and speak to the Mayor
- Hero Worshiped: Speak with the Adoring Fan and tell them to leave you or kill him.
- Introvert: Visit the Church of the Enlightened in The Well, New Atlantis City, and speak with Andy Signh.
- Kid Stuff: Speak with your parents and tell them you can’t afford the support. They will move to a cheaper home.
- Neon Street Rat: Visit Ebbside, Neon City, and speak to the bartender of Madam Sauvage.
- Raised Enlightened: Visit the Church of the Enlightened in The Well, New Atlantis City, and speak with Andy Signh.
- Raised Universal: Visit the Sanctum Universum Church, New Atlantis, and speak to Keeper Aquilis.
- Serpent’s Embrace: Visit the UC Security Office, New Atlantis, and speak with Mir’za.
- Spaced: Visit the Doctor and Pay 10,000 credits at a surgery center.
- Taskmaster: Visit the Church of the Enlightened in The Well, New Atlantis City, and speak with Andy Signh.
- Terra Firma: Visit the Doctor and Pay 10,000 credits at a surgery center
- United Colonies Native: Visit the Colonial Health and Human Resources office, MAST District, New Atlantis, and speak with Administrator Rookes.
- Wanted: Visit one of the major cities, e.g., The Well, New Atlantis, and speak with one of the Bounty Hunters. Pay 3000 credits to remove the trait.
How to use Commands to Change or Remove Traits in Starfield
There is no method to replace traits with different ones in Starfield, and removing them requires special actions, as described above. However, unofficially, you can cheat and remove traits using the command console in the game and then, if you wish, add a different one. However, keep in mind that using cheats and a console in Starfield will also automatically disable achievements in the game.
To remove the trait, open the command console in Starfield by pressing the “@” key on your keyboard and typing the command:
player.removeperk [perk id]
To add different traits to your character, again open the console if necessary, and this time type:
player.addperk [perk id]
Press enter. The “Perk IDs” we provide are in the table below. Replace the [perk id] with the number. The following table presents perk IDs for all traits in Starfield:
|Freestar Collective Settler||227FD5|
|Neon Street Rat||227FD3|
|United Colonies Native||227FD4|
Looking For More About Starfield?
Thank you for reading Starfield: How to Remove All Traits & Add Traits Guide. We provide the latest news and create guides for Starfield. Also, watch me play games on Twitch or visit my YouTube channel!