Formerly known to players as Midyear Mayhem, the rebranded ESO Whitestrake’s Mayhem Event is a PvP based in-game event which typically happens twice a calendar year. Once in February and then again around July (thus the original ‘Midyear’ designation). As a PvP focused event, the rewards can only be gained through PvP combat in Cyrodiil, Imperial City, or Battlegrounds. During this event population numbers light up in the available Alliance War campaigns and combat explodes as everyone rushes into PvP contest zones to take advantage of the additional bonuses the event provides.
Read on for more information on what the event offers and how to take part!
How to Participate
You will need to have a character at level 10 or above in order to join. Level 10 is when the Alliance War in Cyrodiil unlocks and becomes available to new characters. Imperial City and Battlegrounds are also not available before level 10.
The Imperial City DLC is available to all for free and can be found in the crown store. But before you jump into the action, be sure to complete the initial event quest so that you can get the Scroll of Pelinal’s Ferocity which will give you an AP and XP boost in PvP combat!
To join in on the action:
- Visit the in-game Crown Store under the Quest Starters tab to acquire the “Details on the Midyear Mayhem” quest – this is free!
- Travel to your Alliance War faction’s main gate in Cyrodiil using the Alliance War menu OR a Battlegrounds camp outside major cities
- You are no longer required to travel to Cyrodiil to kick off the event
- Find the NPC named “Predicant Maera” and continue the quest
- If you already completed the quest last year, you won’t need to do it again
- After completing the quest you will receive the Scroll of Pelinal’s Ferocity and a Pelinal’s Midyear Boon Box
- Use the scroll to enjoy a two-hour, 100% buff in the Alliance War, Imperial City, and Battlegrounds to:
- Alliance Points gained
- XP gains for PvP player kills
You will need to follow these steps for each character you would like to participate in the event with, so that they have access to the scroll/bonuses.
If for some reason you destroy or misplace your Scroll of Pelinal’s Ferocity during the event, you can always easily get another from Predicant Maera for the low cost of 100 gold or 100 Alliance Points.
Whitestrake’s Mayhem Event Rewards
In this event players can earn double XP and Alliance Points, as well as up to 3 event tickets, which can only be earned once per day. As in many other ESO events, these tickets can be used to purchase various items from the Impresario event merchant. In addition, there are unique collectibles and achievements which can only be earned during the event.
Event Ticket Rewards – Daily Quests
During the Midyear Mayhem event, you can earn up to three Event Tickets per day by completing two different PvP activities:
- Two tickets for completing any Cyrodiil or Battlegrounds daily quest
- One ticket for completing any Imperial City district daily quest
The Event Ticket timer resets at 2:00AM EDT each morning. Note that if you earn new Event Tickets over the 12-limit cap, you’ll lose them.
The Whitestrake’s Mayhem Event specific drops are the Pelinal’s Midyear Boon Boxes. Players can earn these either through regular PvP combat (they will drop along with Rewards of the Worthy containers), as well as through PvP Daily quest rewards from the following locales:
- Battleground quests from Battlemaster Rivyn
You can find Battlemaster Rivyn in Vivec City (Vvardenfell), Alinor (Summerset), Solitude (Western Skyrim), Rimmen (Northern Elsweyr), Leyawiin (Blackwood), Daggerfall (Glenumbra), Davon’s Watch (Stonefalls), and Vulkhel Guard (Auridon).
- Cyrodiil Scouting, Battle, Warfront, and Conquest Missions
- Cyrodiil Elder Scroll capture and recapture quests
- Cyrodiil town quests in Vlastarus, Bruma, Cropsford, Cheydinhal, and Chorrol
- Imperial City daily quests; to find each quest giver, simply climb the ladders into one of the six Zones: Memorial, Arena, Arboretum, Temple, Nobles, and Elven Gardens.
Pelinal’s Midyear Boon Boxes may contain any of the follow items:
- Tel Var Stones
- Transmute Cyrstals
- Alchemy Ingredients
- Repair Kits
- Forward Camps
- Siege Weapons
- Coldharbour Siege Weapons
- Alliance Faction Style Pages
- Akaviri Style Pages
- Alliance Faction and Akaviri Style items
- Prismatic Runes
- Books of Pelinal (Housing Items)
- Battle-Scared Body Markings
- Battle-Scared Face Markings
There will also be a chance to earn these additional style pages, which can drop from bosses in Imperial City and Imperial City Sewers.
- Black Drake Clanwrap Style Pages
- House Dufort Banneret Style
The Midyear Victor’s Laurel Wreath collectible is available by completing all of the following Midyear Mayhem achievements:
- Mayhem Connoisseur: Receive the blessing of the Whitestrake at one of the Alliance Gates during the Midyear Mayhem.
- Echo of Pelinal’s Fury: Read a Scroll of Pelinal’s Ferocity during the Midyear Mayhem.
- Hand of the Whitestrake: Acquire your 25th Pelinal’s Midyear Boon Box.
- Wrath of the Whitestrake: Defeat 50 opponents during the Midyear Mayhem.
- Pelinavant the Scourge: Win a Battleground match during the Midyear Mayhem.
- Pelinaline the Bloody: Capture a Keep in Cyrodiil during the Midyear Mayhem.
- Pelinerrif Insurgent: Capture an Imperial District during the Midyear Mayhem.
In addition, for those players brave enough to go in search of crafting materials in a PvP zone, throughout the event, harvesting nodes within Cyrodiil and the Imperial City will drop double their regular resources. Finally, Cyrodiil merchant Adhazabi Aba-daro (the Golden Vendor) will stock Alliance War Legendary-quality jewelry, with necklaces during the first weekend and rings during the second.