In Baldur’s Gate 3, Creation’s Echo is a good Quarterstaff, and you can get it during Act 1 – this short Guide explains everything you need to know about Creation’s Echo in BG3.
In Baldur’s Gate 3 Creation’s Echo is a useful quarterstaff you can get while in the Underdark, which can provide your spellcaster from one of a chosen variety of resistances. Equipping this staff grants the user the Elemental Resonance bonus. If the wielder deals Acid, Fire, Lightning, Radiant, or Necrotic damage, they become resistant to that damage type for 2 turns. This weapon is a really versatile way to react to the specific combat encounter you’re dealing with. Fighting goblins who are throwing lots of vials? Casting Melf’s Acid Arrow back at them will grant you Acid resistance. Again, if the enemies are attacking with Fire, you can easily cast a Fire Bolt in return and gain Fire resistance.
Here are all Creation’s Echo features in BG3:
- Weapon Type: Quarterstaff
- Damage: 1d8 Bludgeoning
- Requirements: Simple Weapons Proficiency
- Rarity: Very Rare
- Location: Purchased from Omeluum after quest completion in Underdark, Act 1
- Weight: 1.8 kg
- Value: 310
- Elemental Resonance: If the wielder deals Acid, Fire, Lightning, Radiant, or Necrotic damage, it become resistant to that damage type for 2 turns.
- Classes with Simple Weapons Proficiency: Bard, Cleric, Fighter, Ranger, Rogue, Warlock, Paladin
- Companions Who Can Use This Weapon: Astarion, Shadowheart, Lae’zel, Minthara, Wyll, Minsc
How to Get Creation’s Echo in Baldur’s Gate 3
To get Creation’s Echo in Baldur’s Gate 3 you’ll need to find your way into the Underdark, meet Omeluum at the Myconid Colony, and complete his quest in order to get access to his merchant inventory.
There are several ways to get into the Underdark in Baldur’s Gate 3, but probably the shortest way to get to Omeluum is to use the Well found in the Blighted Village. In order to take this route at least one of your characters will need to pass a DC10 Intelligence check in order for the bottom of the well to become visible. There will be a cavern like area below where you will find lots of spider enemies. The biggest threat is the Phase Spider Matriach you can choose to fight or attempt to avoid.
You’ll then be looking for the Whispering Depth waypoint, which almost directly to the west. Nearby you should see an open chasm. Cast Feather Fall or consume a Feather Fall potion BEFORE jumping in. Doing so will let you float safely down into the Underdark. Once you land on your feet, head northwest and you should find the Myconid Colony. If you can pass a DC 5 Charisma check in order to convince them that you mean no harm, they’ll let you visit. Just to the north of the Colony waypoint you’ll find the hobgoblin Blurg. You’ll need to speak to him first and mention your tadpole issue, and he’ll introduce Omeluum.
To the Arcane Tower
Speak to Omeluum and let me probe your mind and investigate the tadpole. He has an idea of how he might be able to bypass the stasis. However, it will require some ingredients for the potion he wants to create. You’ll need to find and return to him with two items: a Tongue of Madness mushroom and some Timmask Spores. Both of these items can be found at the Arcane Tower in the Underdark. The Arcane Tower is located far to the south.
The Arcane Tower has several floors where you can find other lootable items such as the Staff of Arcane Blessing and the Guiding Light ring. If you’re only visiting to get the specific items needed for Omeluum’s quest, then you only need to visit the first floor Greenhouse. If you wish for a full walkthrough check out our Arcane Tower Guide.
Here are the steps to get the Tongue of Madness and Timmask Spores from the Arcane Tower:
- Approach the Tower and watch out for the Magical Turrets
- Stay out of their line of sight. Use Misty Step or sneak between rock formations to avoid damage. Turn on Turn Based Mode in needed.
- Shot them with Lightning Arrows or Lightning spells to deactivate them.
- At the bottom of the stairs approaching the tower entrance, go to the far left. Jump the gap to the mushroom across.
- Platform across the mushrooms and down (Feather Fall is a great spell here) to reach around the back of the tower and to the bottom.
- Gather the Sussur flower from the garden in the back.
- Go inside the door at the bottom of the Tower. Place the Sussur flower into the generator to activate the lift.
- Go up the wooden stairs and into the glowing lift. Ascend one floor up. You are now at the Greenhouse.
- You’ll find the Timmask Spores on the wooden shelves.
- The Tongue of Madness can be found among the mushrooms in the southeastern corner of the room.
Return to Omeluum
With these items now collected, you can now use the Myconid Colony waypoint to quickly return to Omeluum. Speak to him and he will brew the potion for you to consume. You’ll have to pass a couple of different Difficulty Checks, which failing them can put your character under the Tongue of Madness or Dazed conditions. These are temporary and only last for five turns.
What’s more important is how all this affects your tadpole, which Omeluum is still unable to extract. Significantly, the tadpole is now stronger. Whichever character drank the potion will now receive the Survival Instinct tadpole power. After the conversation is complete, you can speak to Omeluum again. Ask to see his merchant inventory and you will find Creation’s Echo for sale!
Looking For More About Baldur’s Gate 3?
Thank you for reading How to Get Creation’s Echo in Baldur’s Gate 3 Guide. We provide the latest news and create guides for Baldur’s Gate 3. Also, watch me play games on Twitch or visit my YouTube channel!