In Baldur’s Gate 3, The Doom Hammer is a good two-handed maul, and you can get it from the vendor in Act 1 – this short Guide Explains everything you need to know about Doom Hammer in BG3.
The Doom Hammer
In Baldur’s Gate 3, The Doom Hammer offers a unique bonus that prevents enemies from regaining hit points and applies the chilling dread status effect with each strike. Moreover, when wielded against undead creatures, it applies a disadvantage on their attack rolls. While The Doom Hammer is a respectable weapon for the early stages of the game, you’ll want to consider upgrading to a more powerful option as soon as possible.
You can equip it to your character’s main hand weapon slot in the inventory, providing additional bonuses and buffs. The user needs Martial weapon proficiency or suffers penalties while wearing the weapon. You can equip it on any class, companion, or character with Martial Weapon Proficiency.
Here are all The Doom Hammer features in BG3:
- Weapon Type: Maul, Two-Handed
- Damage: 2D6 +1 Bludgeoning
- Requirements: Martial Weapons Proficiency
- Weight: 4.5 kg
- Value: 124
- Rarity: Uncommon
- Location: Grat, Goblin Trader in Goblin Camp Ruins, Act 1
- Edge of Terror: Each strike fills the target with a chilling dread that prevents it from regaining hit points. Undead creatures also get Disadvantage on Attack Rolls.
- Tenacity: When you miss an attack, you deal Bludgeoning damage anyway.
- Classes with Martial Weapons Proficiency: Cleric(Tempest Domain, War Domain), Fighter, Ranger, Paladin, Barbarian, Bard (College of Valour)
- Companions Who Can Use This Weapon: Lae’zel, Minthara, Karlach, Minsc
How to Get The Doom Hammer in Baldur’s Gate 3
You can get the Doom Hammer from the vendor in Goblin Camp during Act 1. Here is a short overview of how to get the Doom Hammer in BG3:
- Complete the prologue
- Act 1: From the beach where you wake up, head north to find the first goblins and reach EMerald Grove
- Find the Goblin Camp: West until you find the Gobling Camp built around the ruins of Shattered Sanctum.
- Ensure to act friendly to Goblins; otherwise, they attack you, and you’ll lose the ability to buy the boots.
- Speak with Grat: The trader stands next to the main gate of Shattered Sanctum Ruins.
- Buy the Doom Hammer from the Grat.
Grat The Trader, and Doom Hammer
The Doom Hammer in Baldur’s Gate 3 can be obtained only from Grat The Trader, the goblin in the Goblin Camp, as shown in the picture above. To reach the Goblin Camp, head west from Emerald Grove. If you have already eliminated the goblins or were not friendly, you can sometimes loot this ring from Grat’s dead body, but it’s not recommended because the item you can loot can be a random selection from his wares.
All unique gear items Grat The Trader can offer:
- Swiresy Shoes
- Gloves of Archery
- Boots of Aid and Comfort
- Whispering Promise
- Returning Pike
- Doom Hammer
The best is to approach goblins and buy the maul before you decide to kill them. Grat The Trader will offer a random selection of items each day, meaning his shop’s inventory should refresh after taking a long rest and finishing the day. So, it may take a few days to find and get the Doom Hammer. Happy shopping!
Looking For More About Baldur’s Gate 3?
Thank you for reading How to Get The Doom Hammer in Baldur’s Gate 3 Guide. We provide the latest news and create guides for Baldur’s Gate 3. Also, watch me play games on Twitch or visit my YouTube channel!