In Baldur’s Gate 3, the Helldusk Armour is a must-have armor piece which can be earned in Act 3 – this Guide Explains everything you need to know about the Helldusk Armour in BG3.
In Baldur’s Gate 3, the Helldusk Armour is versatile, highly desirable Legendary armour that you won’t want to pass up! It has a very nice high level Armour Class, and one of its best bonus features means that any class/companion/race can wear it. You’re still likely to want to use it with your more heavy hitting classes such as Fighters, Clerics or Paladins rather than equipping it to a spellcaster. This is due to there being better clothing options for them which boost their spellcasting, but if you really wanted to, you could make Gale lug this around.
The other bonuses you receive from this armour are beneficial, particularly Prime Aegis of Fire. This provides Resistance to Fire damage and you cannot be Burned which can be helpful in future battles that may involve enemies with the Fireball spell or dragons.
Here are all the Helldusk Armour features in BG3:
- Armour Type: Heavy Armour
- Armour Class: 21 AC
- Rarity: Legendary
- Location: Looted from Raphael in Act 3
- Weight: 40 kg
- Value: 8,000
- Helldusk Armour: You are considered Proficient with this armour while wearing it.
- Infernal Retribution: When you succeed a Saving Throw, the caster receives Burning for 3 turns.
- Prime Aegis of Fire: You have Resistance to Fire damage and cannot be Burned. You take 3 less damage from all sources.
- You can cast Fly once per Long Rest. This spell bestows the ability to Fly upon yourself or an ally.
- Who Can Use This Armour: All companions and characters
NOTE: This explanation may include some Act 3 spoilers.
How to Get Helldusk Armour in Baldur’s Gate 3
The Helldusk Armour can be acquired while visiting/breaking and entering into the House of Hope. Typically, if you’ve chosen not to make a deal with Raphael at this point in the game, your main goal in doing so is to find and successfully take the Orphic Hammer. Be aware that taking the Hammer will trigger alarms and send Raphael on his way back to the House of Hope for a confrontation. Grab any other gear pieces you wish to take with you before that point!
Other Notable Loot in the House of Hope:
- Helldusk Helmet
- Helldusk Gloves
- Staff of Spellpower
- Amulet of Greater Health
- Gauntlets of Hill Giant Strength
- Orphic Hammer
- Gloves of Soul Catching
The Helldusk Armour itself can only be had by defeating Raphael and looting the gear piece directly from him. This will be a pretty epic fight and he will have a host of other allies to deal with, as well. The fight will Raphael won’t officially trigger until you return to the same grand entry room where you first arrived and attempt to leave back through the portal. If you happened to explore that room previously, and taken a closer look at the four large pillars in each corner, you will have discovered that these are Pillars of Souls – filled with, literally, mortal souls.
Fight with Raphael
These Pillars become vitally important in the fight with Raphael. He draws power from them, and will weaken with each one you destroy. It is highly recommended that you use the Orphic Hammer for this task. Equipped to a Fighter with multiple actions available like Lae’zel, the first two Pillars should come down fairly quickly. (Tip: take a moment to place all of your party members next to pillars before your main character interacts with the portal, thus triggering Raphael’s arrival.)
There is a lot going on in this fight, but it basically boils down to these basic steps:
- Have additional summons already in place before starting the fight
- Focus your multi-action character on taking out most of the Pillars with that nice, smashing Hammer you just got.
- Most of your other party members should distract/work on taking out Raphael’s allies
- Wait to focus Raphael until after the Pillars are down and the other enemies are dead
- Keep Hope alive if she is with you (you get the Gloves of Soul Catching from her)
When the devil is finally down, if Hope is still alive this will auto trigger a conversation with her, and then you are free to loot the Helldusk Armour from Raphael where he fell!
Looking For More About Baldur’s Gate 3?
Thank you for reading How to Get Helldusk Armour in Baldur’s Gate 3 guide. We provide the latest news and create guides for Baldur’s Gate 3. Also, watch me play games on Twitch or visit my YouTube channel!