Table of Contents
Last Updated: 2023-03-16
ESO Magicka Nightblade PvP Build
Welcome to our ESO Magicka Nightblade PvP Build which we will give you two options to play. One will be the 1vX style ideal for solo players or dueling. The second is “bomber” which destroys large groups instantly though it has low survivability. Magblades play in the shadows and excel at single-target kills. In the current meta, near Update 37 Scribes of Fate, the Magblade can be argued is the strongest solo class in the game. It has the most burst, the best healing and most single target kill potential in the game. The major downside is, the skill cap required makes it very challenging to play.
Last Update March 16th, 2023: After playing the Magblade in Update 37, Scribes of Fate, I changed to build to incorporate Shadowy Disguise and Vampire at stage three. Both my survivability and burst increased and I think this is the best way to play it. Additionally, I used some alternative gear sets and changed out the loadout slightly for optimized high critical damage (burst). Magblade remains one of the best overall classes due to the raw damage of Concealed Weapon and the healing and mobility of Refreshing Path. I’ve also added another playstyle for “bombing” since Nightblade Bomber is making a comeback.
|The Best Burst Possible||VERY High Skillcap|
|Insane Healing||Requires Constant Buffs|
|Can Bomb or 1vX|
|Great Group Utility|
Magblade went from one of the worst, to arguably the best class in ESO PvP. The Magblade in the right hand is literally the best 1v1 or 1vX class in ESO unquestionably. The downside, it has to be the right player with the right level of skill, reaction time, and situational awareness. Keeping a broad view of these classes in ESO, I rank it third because most players won’t be able to pull off what they often see or hear.
- Highest burst damage with one-shot potential spectral bow proc.
- Highest burst healing with Healthy Offering magicka skill.
- Mobility and healing over time to you AND your group.
- Incredible in class ultimate and flexibility when picking weapons.
- Can bomb, 1vX, or heal, it doesn’t matter.
- Siphoning Attacks for infinite resource sustain
- Fastest ultimate generation passively.
Front Bar: Dual Wield 1vX Build
Front Bar Weapon Options: They are all good choices depending on your playstyle and needs. Experiment with what works best.
- Dual Wield - best overall damage via passives highest DPS but without a restoration staff or Ice staff on the back bar can be brutal to sustain.
- Fire staff - range and most single target damage and pairs well with elemental users.
- Lightning Staff: provides easy fully charged heavy attacks for resource sustain and 10% AoE damage when channeling.
- Two-handed has the best passives for burst.
Merciless Resolve (Morph of Grim Focus | Skill line: Assassination) - For assassin skill line buffs and main single target nuke.
Power Extraction (Morph of Drain Power | Skill line: Siphoning) - AoE damage and minor courage buff.
Concealed Weapon (Morph of Veiled Strike | Skill line: Shadow) - melee spammable mainly used to increase damage passively.
Refreshing Path (Morph of Path of Darkness | Skill line: Shadow) - Our mobility tool that keeps the 10% damage buff up for concealed weapon and a good heal over time.
Camouflaged Hunter (Morph of Expert Hunter | Skill line: Fighters Guild) - Used for critical buff, minor beserk proc and counter to fellow stealthy targets.
Incapacitating Strike (Morph of Death Stroke | Skill line: Assassination) - Your single target bursting tool.
Back Bar: Frost Staff 1vX Build
Back Bar Weapon Options: They are all good choices depending on your playstyle and needs. Experiment with what works best.
- Restoration Staff - the best buffs and healing. The strength of Resto is fully charged heavy attacks for major mending and magicka sustain.
- Sword and Shield - great choice when blocking The benefit of a sword and shield is using stamina for block mitigation when taking tons of pressure. Switch to sword and shield if you like a slower pace gameplay or if you struggle with survivability.
- Frost Staff - can either use magicka or stamina for blocking and gives as much damage reduction as Sword and Shield and you can use the spell damage enchant and have some range.
Leeching Strikes (Morph of Siphoning Strikes | Skill line: Siphoning) - Your sustain tool. It may seem odd, but I use a lot of stamina to dodge roll, so I prefer the Leaching morph to make sure I never run out of stamina. Take another morph if you're magicka starved.
Elemental Susceptibility (Morph of Weakness to Elements | Skill line: Destruction Staff) - Great debuff on a single target and gives in class major breach.
Refreshing Path (Morph of Path of Darkness | Skill line: Shadow) - Our mobility tool keeps the 10% damage buff up for concealed weapon and a good heal over time.
Resolving Vigor (Morph of Vigor | Skill line: Assault) - Stamina based heal over time.
Healthy Offering (Morph of Malevolent Offering | Skill line: Siphoning) - Burst heal for survivability.
Soul Tether (Morph of Soul Shred | Skill line: Siphoning) - AoE bursting tool that gives you a big heal.
Front Bar: Bomber Playstyle
Concealed Weapon (Morph of Veiled Strike | Skill line: Shadow) - Buffs our damage if we maintain Refreshing Path.
Sap Essence (Morph of Drain Power | Skill line: Siphoning) - AoE damage used after our "bomb" combo.
Lotus Fan (Morph of Teleport Strike | Skill line: Assassination) - Gap closer used to proc our Rush of Agony gear set.
Shadowy Disguise (Morph of Shadow Cloak | Skill line: Shadow) - Stealth and guaranteed critical strike after cloaking.
Camouflaged Hunter (Morph of Expert Hunter | Skill line: Fighters Guild) - Used for critical damage on our front bar.
Soul Tether (Morph of Soul Shred | Skill line: Siphoning) - Our bomb ultimate after Proxy Detonation explodes.
Back Bar: Bomber Playstyle
Refreshing Path (Morph of Path of Darkness | Skill line: Shadow) - Used for mobility and to proc increased damage via Concealed weapon on the front bar.
Proximity Detonation (Morph of Magicka Detonation | Skill line: Assault) - This is our bomb skill we try to time with soul tether for instant nuke.
Race Against Time (Morph of Accelerate | Skill line: Psijic Order) - Mobility tool and pre-buff for bigger critical damage.
Siphoning Attacks (Morph of Siphoning Strikes | Skill line: Siphoning) - Resource sustaining tool.
Healthy Offering (Morph of Malevolent Offering | Skill line: Siphoning) - Burst heal.
Life Giver (Morph of Panacea | Skill line: Restoration Staff) - Survivability ultimate.
Single Target Combo
This build is for solo players wanting the most damage and survivability possible.
|Weapon One||Mace||Back-Alley Gourmand||Sharpened||Disease|
|Secondary||Axe||Back-Alley Gourmand||Nirn||Sunder Armor|
|Weapon Two||Frost Staff||Rallying Cry||Powered||Weapon Damage|
|Necklace||Rallying Cry||Infused||Spell Damage|
|Ring 1||Markyn Ring of Majesty||Swift||Spell Damage|
|Ring 2||Rallying Cry||Swift||Spell Damage|
Desktop hover for set bonuses, mobile click once for set bonuses
Markyn Ring of Majesty = great all-around defensive and offensive mythic
- WHY? awesome set because it comes with zero downsides unlike Sea-Serpent’s Coil.
- Sea-Serpent’s Coil great if you don’t mind the snare, which hinders a nightblade.
- Death Dealer’s Fete = max stats which equates good damage and survivability
- Wild Hunt = easy to obtain mythic making you much faster.
- Gaze of Sithis = drop monster helm for huge survivability.
Balorgh obtained in March of Sacrifices Veteran Dungeon, Wolfhunter DLC.
- WHY? provides the most burst possible and carries your armor penetration when using ultiamte.
- Archdruid Devyric = major debuff increasing damage by 10%.
- Ozezan the Inferno = is an update 37-monster set that is great paired with heals over time.
- Roksa the Warped = Update 37 monster helm that gives great resource sustain without Engine Guardian droid.
- Zaan = is truly god-tier dueling or single-target killer monster helm.
Rallying Cry: Rewards for the Worthy, base game
- WHY? great offensive and defensive set that lowers the burst damage you receive and increases your damage and healing.
- WHY? this provides the best overall back bar survivability set.
FLEX OPTIONS DEFENSIVE
- Mara’s Balm = is still the best defensive set, though it doesn’t give any spell damage.
- Powerful Assault = great set to add damage to you and your group and the buff stacks with Rallying Cry.
- Robes of the Hist = great back bar healing set alternate to Mara’s Balm.
- Clever Alchemist = insane burst potential when using potion and combined with Balorgh.
Back-Alley Gourmand: obtained in Overland, Galen and Y’ffelon Firesong DLC required. This set can also be purchased from traders.
- WHY? While it comes in light armor, it provides the most burst possible and stacked with Khajiit passive, Shadow Mundus stone you will see massive one-shot Spectral Bows.
- Order’s Wrath = craftable set with huge burst potential.
- War Maiden = decent spell damage set to the front bar.
- Scathing Mage = good front bar that will help with your damage and healing if playing with staff.
Armor of the Trainee: obtained in overland starter areas or guild trader. Added stats with a one-piece item set.
- Druid’s Braid = craftable high isle gives 1pc bonus just smaller.
Meant for destroying large groups with low survivability.
|Weapon One||Dagger||Rush of Agony||Precise||Decrease Health|
|Secondary||Dagger||Rush of Agony||Precise||Decrease Health|
|Weapon Two||Restoration||Blessing of the Potentates||Powered||Weapon Damage|
|Necklace||Rush of Agony||Infused||Spell Damage|
|Ring 1||Rush of Agony||Infused||Spell Damage|
|Ring 2||Rush of Agony||Infused||Spell Damage|
Magicka Nightblade PvP Bomber Gear Set Loadout.
- Vicious Death: obtained from Cyrodiil Vendor Home Base Elite Gear Vendor. Used for massive AoE multi-kills.
- Rush of Agony: obtained from the Dread Cellar dungeon, requires Waking Flame DLC. Used to pull in massive targets.
- Balorgh: obtained in March of Sacrifices Veteran Dungeon, Wolfhunter DLC. Used for massive burst when using an ultimate ability.
- Blessing of the Potentates: obtained in Vlastarus Elite Gear Vendor, inside of Cyrodiil PvP zone. Used for damage reduction on the back bar.
No Proc PvP Cyrodiil and Imperial City
Meant for specific rule sets
|Shoulders||medium||Buffer of the Swift||Impenetrable||Magicka|
|Boots||light||Buffer of the Swift||Well-fitted||Magicka|
|Belt||light||Buffer of the Swift||Well-fitted||Magicka|
|Weapon One||Mace||Order's Wrath||Sharpened||Fire|
|Weapon Two||Frost Staff||Blessing of the Potentates||Powered||Spell & Weapon Damage|
|Necklace||Buffer of the Swift||Infused||Spell Damage|
|Ring 1||Torc of Tonal Constancy||Infused||Spell Damage|
|Ring 2||Buffer of the Swift||Infused||Spell Damage|
Desktop hover for set bonuses, mobile click once for set bonuses
- Magma Incarnate: Monster Set – helmet obtained from Veteran Dread Cellar dungeon (Blackwood zone), Waking Flame DLC. Shoulders obtained from Vendor: Urgarlag Chief-bane (Undaunted Pledge Master). WHY? great sustain for a one-piece item set.
- Domihaus: Monster Set – helmet obtained from Veteran Falkreath Hold dungeon (Craglorn zone), Horns of the Reach DLC. Shoulders obtained from Vendor: Urgarlag Chief-bane (Undaunted Pledge Master). WHY? extra resource pool
- Order’s Wrath: craftable set in High Isle Zone, High Isle DLC or bought from traders. WHY? strong damage set that gives extra Critical chance, greatly beneficial on Nightblade PvP
- Buffer of the Swift: obtained in Cyrodiil from Cropsford Elite Gear Vendor. WHY? Huge damage increase for no proc PvP.
FLEX: If you have access to Mythics system, though changes up setup
- Torc or Tonal Constancy: the best value for resource sustain and works in no proc.
- Gaze of Sithis: survivability
- Master Assassin
- Pressure Points
- Refreshing Shadow
- Shadow Barrier
- Dark Vigor
- Dark Veil
- Magicka Flood
- Soul Siphoner
- Tri Focus
- Penetrating Magic
- Elemental Force
- Ancient Knowledge
- Destruction Expert
- Dual Wield Expert
- Controlled Fury
- Twin Blade and Blunt
- Essence Drain
- Restoration Expert
- Cycle of Life
- Restoration Master
- Light Armor Bounuses
- Light Armor Penalties
- Spell Warding
- Medium Armor Bounses
- Wind Walker
- Improved Sneak
- Heavy Armor Bounses
- Heavy Armor Penalties
- Rapid Mending
- Persuasive Will
- Mage Adept
- Everlasting Magic
- Magicka Controller
- Might of the Guild
- See the Unseen
- Spell Orb
- Concentrated Barrier
- Continuous Attack
- Combat Frenzy
- Magicka Aid
- Combat Medic
- Battle Resurrection
- Dark Stalker
- Strike From the Shadows
- Blood Ritual
- Unnatural Movement
Make sure to focus on maxing out the following passives skills as they add performance to your character
- Class passives
- Weapon passives
- Armor passives
- Fighter’s Guild (optional)
- Mage’s Guild (optional)
- Undaunted (must have)
- Psijic Guild (optional)
- Crafting Alchemy (Medicinal Use for potion duration)
- Assault Alliance passives
- Alliance Support passives
- Vampire (if using)
- Werewolf (if using)
The highest burst potential possible is due to racial passive giving 12% more critical damage.
- Lunar Blessings
- Feline Ambush
A great option if you want to switch between magic and stamina builds. It's a good high damage race though lacks sustain passives.
- Resist Flame
Best overall in terms of damage though lacks sustain passives.
- Spell Recharge
- Syrabane's Boon
- Elemental Talent
Shadow - Best for pure raw damage and healing.
Thief - Good options if you struggle with resources.
Ironclad (Slottable) - 50Reduces your damage taken by direct damage attacks by 3% per stage.
Focused Mending (Slottable) - 50Increases your Healing Done with single target heals by 2% per stage.
Master-at-Arms (Slottable) - 50Increases your damage done with direct damage attacks by 3% per stage.
Duelist's Rebuff (Slottable) - 50Reduces your damage taken by single target attacks by 3% per stage.
Flex Spot(s): If you can afford, take these passives as they add power without a slottable: Tumbling (30), Mystic Tenacity (10), Hero’s Vigor (20), Shield Master (10), Defiance (20), Hasty (16), Tireless Guardian (20), Fortification (30), Sprinter (20), Nimble Protector (6), Savage Defense (30), Bashing Brutality (20), & Piercing Gaze (30)
Survival Instincts (Slottable) - 50While afflicted with a Status Effect, your core combat skills cost 5% less per stage.
Fortified (Slottable) - 50Grants 34.6 Armor per stage.
Pain's Refuge (Slottable) - 50Reduces your damage taken by 1% per negative effect active on you, up to a maximum of 20%.
Celerity (Slottable) - 50Increases your Movement Speed by 2% per stage.
Flex Spot(s): If you can afford, take these passives as they add power without a slottable: Precision (20), Piercing (20), Eldritch Insight (20), Flawless Ritual (40), War Mage (30), Quick Recovery (20), Preparation (20), Elemental Aegis (20), Hardy (20), Blessed (20), Tireless Discipline (20), Battle Mastery (40), & Mighty (30)
War Mount (Slottable) - 120Improves your mastery with mounts, removing all mount Stamina costs outside of combat.
Gifted Rider (Passives) - 100Increases your Mount Speed by 2% per stage.
Liquid Efficiency (Slottable) - 75Whenever you use a potion or poison you have a 10% chance to not consume it.
Rationer (Passives) - 35Adds 10 minutes to the duration of any food or drink that increases your character's stats per stage.
Flex Spot(s): If you can afford, take these passives as they add power without a slottable: Breakfall (50), Wanderer (75), Steadfast Enchantment (50), Fortune’s Favor (40), Gilded Fingers (50), & Inspiration Boost (45)
Orzorga's Smoked Bear Haunch
GREAT RECOVERY(A great option if you can afford it): Increase Max Health by 4312, Health Recovery by 406 and Stamina and Magicka Recovery by 369 (effects are scaled based on your level) Ingredients: Red Meat (1), Tomato (1), White Cap (1), Frost Mirriam (1), Perfect Roe (1)
Jewels of Misrule
CHEAP: Increase Stamina and Magicka Recovery by 357 and Max Health by 3927 for 2 hours. (effects are scaled based on your level) Ingredients: Rose (1), Mint (1), Lotus(1), Columbine (1), Bervez Juice (1)
Bewitched Sugar Skulls
GOOD MAX STATS: Increase Max Health by 4620, Max Stamina and Max Magicka by 4250, and Health Recovery by 462 for 2 hours. (effects are scaled based on your level) Ingredients: Scrib Jelly (2), Flour (5), Columbine (2), Bervez Juice (2), Honey (5)
Tri-Restoration Potion or Essence of Health (tri-stat)
Restore 7329 Health, 6618 Magicka, and 6618 Stamina immediately. Grants Major Fortitude, Major Intellect, and Major Endurance which increase your Health Recovery, Magicka Recovery, and Stamina Recovery by 20% for 31.7 seconds. (effects are scaled based on your level) Ingredients: Bugloss, Columbine, Mountain Flower
Thanks for reading our ESO Magicka Nightblade PvP Build! Check our ESO builds and guides. Also, consider watching me on Twitch, where you can ask me questions about my current builds or check out the YouTube Channel.