The new season started and you are curious about how to unlock Destiny 2 The Manticore Catalyst? Here is the answer! The most powerful items in the Destiny 2 are Exotics, and in Season 19, Season of the Seraph, one of the new exotic weapons is SMG – The Manticore. On this page, you can find detailed information about this exotic weapon, which is very easy to get. The new Season of the Seraph Exotics arrived on December 6th 2022. Let’s take a closer look.
Destiny The Manticore – how to get and unlock the weapon
You can unlock it right away, at rank 1 season pass, if you buy a season 19, season pass. It costs 1000 silver and can be bought from the steam, PSN and Xbox stores, depending on your platform. For players that don’t plan to buy a season pass premium, it is unlockable at rank 35. The seasonal rank 35 is easy to reach without a massive amount of time sunk into the game. So if you are not interested in other premium season pass rewards, you can still unlock The Manticore relatively fast. The Manticore will most likely be used by many players, as many seasonal Exotics before.
New Exotic MSG – The Manticore
The Manticore after you get it is a relatively strong exotic to use in the early days of the new season. You most likely will prepare the gear do Vanguard, Gambit and Crucible playlists to complete your pinnacle, thus this new exotic SMG is the perfect option for all of it. Grab it as soon as possible to get the most of its power. It offers a very fun mechanic. While you use the weapon, on your screen, next to the buffs you can see the stacks of power it creates called – Antigrav Repulsor. If the bar on the screen will fill to at least the first step, you’ll be able to jump up and stay in the air as long as you kill enemies. You also will stop flouting if you’ll reload or you use all power stacks. Dealing damage while airborne increases this weapon’s damage output. Related: Destiny 2 Season 19 – The Revision Zero how to get and unlock the weapon
How to unlock The Manticore Catalyst
The Manticore Catalyst is unlocked by completing the Volantes Violentiam Exotic Quest, which can be obtained by speaking to Banshee-44 in the Tower. After you acquire the weapon from seasonal rewards, simply talk to the gunsmith, and the quest should be waiting for you. In the first step, players need to defeat 50 combatants using The Manticore SMG while airborne, to progress and at the end unlock the Flying Monster catalyst. The fastest way to do it is to find unchallenging enemies to be able to kill them quickly. The second step is similar again guardians need to defeat combatants while airborne except now it needs to be done in Gambit, Crucible or Vanguard operations. This time players don’t have the exact number but a percentage, additionally players need to collect 200 calibration data that enemies will drop. Worth noting that in Seasonal rewards Season of the Seraph, at rank 11 premium bonuses, players can unlock double the progression earned within the season pass exotic weapon catalyst quest.
Other ways to get Exotic weapons in Destiny 2
Destiny 2 Exotics are powerful weapons desired by the players, however very hard to find. If you want to equip your guardian with powerful gear and crush enemies, It’s extremely important to start collecting them as fast as possible. Most of them are obtainable only through the extremely rare drops from various Destiny activities. However, sometimes you can be lucky it’s good to help fate a little and here we present the list of all available sources where you have a chance to obtain specific exotics.
- Legacy Exotics – The term Legacy Exotics basically means retired exotics that you can no longer collect via an in-game activity. To obtain them, head to the tower, and near your vault, is the Exotic Archive. You can find Legacy Exotics there. The Detailed Guide HERE.
- Xur – The Exotic items vendor and mysterious figure that appears in a random location each Friday and disappears on Tuesday. Players hunt him each week to buy their new gear. Where is Xur HERE, Xur guide and locations HERE.
- Lost Sectors – Lost sectors are activities with the boss at the end, and many enemies to defeat. Each day different lost sector is in the rotation with a specified armor piece reward. Completing it solo on a Legendary or Master difficulty can reward you with an exotic piece armor.
- Other ways – Some exotics are special or seasonal rewards. Others can be obtainable upon the completion of specific quests.
Now that you know how to unlock the weapon you probably will work on your build. Check out the website for more guides (click), Destiny 2 Beginner Builds (click) and End-game PvE Builds (click). I’d encourage you to check me out on twitch.tv/deltiasgaming where I stream Destiny 2 and other games live!
Thanks for reading!
Looking for more about Destiny 2 Season 19?
- Destiny 2 Season 19 Update and Patch Notes Details
- Destiny 2 New Weapons Season 19
- Destiny 2 New Armor Season 19
- Destiny 2 New Catalyst Season 19
- Destiny 2 New Exotics Season 19
- Destiny 2 New Cosmetics Season 19
- Destiny 2 Season Pass Rewards Season 19
- Destiny 2 New Mods Season 19
- Destiny 2 New Perks Season 19
- Destiny 2 New Enhanced Perks Season 19
- Destiny 2 New Seasonal Vendor Season 19
- Destiny 2 New Eververse Season 19
- Destiny 2 Builds